AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-07-09, 20:39   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Torrent links that point to pages, not links

More and more I've seen that the torrent links on www.animesuki.com take me to the subber's home page, usually on scarywater, rather than pointing to the actual torrent file itself. Is there a reason for this? Is it left up to the subbers how they want the listings to appear?

It's obviously not that important, but it does add some extra steps when getting the .torrent file.
Old 2007-07-10, 01:54   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

What you describe is actually the default choice, based on a decision taken at the time of AnimeSuki's creation. The idea is that by forwarding users to the fansubbers's torrent page, other releases by the fansub group get extra attention too. Plus if you want tot get all episodes of a series from a certain group, you only have to click once.

However over time certain sites started to list licensed fansubs, dvd rips and other unwanted material that we don't want to promote. So that's why we've started to "hotlink" to torrents on such sites. And then there is the group of torrents that don't really belong to any site, so we don't have a choice but to hotlink.

There are currently no plans to change this policy.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 01:27   Link #3
toru310

I'm not sure if I should make a new thread but did animesuki renovate the torrent site? Because before when ever I go to releases theres a bunch of animes but now only the new releases are there.

Well this is not a violet reaction I'm just asking if they did a little changing..
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 02:05   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Er, no that's not a feature, it's a bug

The table in which UL & DL data is stored changed recently and the Releases page script was still looking in the old table. Thus, the list of "recently seeded" links became rather short

I've fixed it now to look in the new table, though it may still not be perfect. The reason for this is that the new table supports multi-tracker torrents, but I'm having trouble generating proper SQL statements that will tell me if a release has a seeded torrent or not. I'll have to write a script that'll update the "best tracker" value for each torrent so that this process becomes easier.

In the same way btw, the Resharing page is now also broken. I really can't fix that one without writing the script I mention above though.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 06:42   Link #5
toru310

I see I really thought that was a renovation..

But atleast I can still go to series page..and download there.

Thanks.
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote