AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-12, 04:00   Link #21
lordwu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
It should be 12 episodes, unless they're making one DVD have 3 episodes instead of 2...

And just because something is based on an H-game doesn't mean it's going to be short. Da Capo is past the 13 ep mark, and it's based on an H-game.
Considering Da Capo is actually a 15 min per episode, excluding the side stories and PVs, you can still think it's a 13 episodes series.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 11:00   Link #22
lamort_noir
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I still wouldn't call a ~13 episode season short. For example, many normal anime like Haibane Renmei, Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai, Crest of the Stars and Battleflag of the Stars have ~13 episode seasons.

With some of the longer series, you have either people really wanting to milk money out of a franchise or you have a really long manga (that tends to be longer story-wise than a graphic novel, since a manga will have pictures to say some of the things indicated in novels)
If thats the case why havent they made a anime from xenogears the damn character development the plot the whole story would be perfect and they couldnt do it under 100 episodes with how long the whole story is but there would be about 6 seasons in that case one for every game well 6 if the rumor is true about them making a game past xenogears (xenosaga episode 5)
__________________
Ecartez vous, si vous craignez l'obscurité éternelle.
"Mireille Bouquet"

Je peux tuer si facilement... Mais pourquoi est-ce que je ne ressens aucune tristesse ?
"Kirika (Hot part of Noir)"
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 11:03   Link #23
lamort_noir
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamort_noir
If thats the case why havent they made a anime from xenogears the damn character development the plot the whole story would be perfect and they couldnt do it under 100 episodes with how long the whole story is but there would be about 6 seasons in that case one for every game well 6 if the rumor is true about them making a game past xenogears (xenosaga episode 5)
Its too bad that True Lunar Chronicles is that short it seems sooo good so far and it has a nice story and arcueid is hot lol but also its sad Haibane-Renmei is short too i have been buying the dvds for them and i like that anime alot
Just like fruits basket i liked it alot and while they were in middle of making them they stopped at the 4th dvd and it clearly deserved at least 1 more dvd of episodes to conclude the story

oh and speaking of what else should of been longer BERSERK i mean wtf is up with how they ended that anime altho there has been a rumor of more coming out since the manga is still being put out its just ridiculous how under-wraps they keep us fans i sometimes feel like these companies just love to toy with us
__________________
Ecartez vous, si vous craignez l'obscurité éternelle.
"Mireille Bouquet"

Je peux tuer si facilement... Mais pourquoi est-ce que je ne ressens aucune tristesse ?
"Kirika (Hot part of Noir)"
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 11:17   Link #24
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamort_noir
oh and speaking of what else should of been longer BERSERK i mean wtf is up with how they ended that anime altho there has been a rumor of more coming out since the manga is still being put out its just ridiculous how under-wraps they keep us fans i sometimes feel like these companies just love to toy with us
On the old forums someone posted a link to a foreign website that mentioned Berserk having another season in 2004. However it was never confirmed if the site was legitimate or not so it was just assumed that it was simply a rumor.

Some of the best anime are really short..and its much cheaper to buy an anime thats only 12 episodes instead of 50+..I really dont mind it as long as it has a decent ending (not necessarily happy ending..but a fitting ending).
Sukato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 15:55   Link #25
Akiace
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Can we like stop this 'how many episode' thing and get back to the original topic?

I don't know why everyone is so crazy over Arcueid. I like her character but IMHO she's really not that hot. In fact her looks and dressing are really plain. It's just that her character stands out because of who she is. And she can't be an item with Shiki right? She looks so much older than him. I was hoping that he'll be with his classmate but now it seems kinda impossible...
Akiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 16:02   Link #26
Breogan
Umeboshi
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Spain
Age: 35
Well, she's a quite beautiful foreign woman, so I think she would stand out a lot in the street, althought I agree with you int that it was a bit too much.
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 16:25   Link #27
Anlushac11
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Cool

I have my suspicions about Shiki's female classmate.

Wheres the best place to hide something?

As for Arcuied,
Spoiler:
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 18:06   Link #28
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: U.K. London
The first 4 eps looked promising but darn ep5 confirmes that ST is just too slow and the plot sucks. Hope i'm not the only one not to like ST...
__________________
I want a unicorn.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 19:07   Link #29
Kensuke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finland
I think that Ciel (that Shiki's blue haired schoolmate) has same ability that Shiki has or something like that since...

Spoiler:


Am I the only one that wants more screentime for her?

And just a thought about Arcueid's popularity... maybe japanese are just crazy for blonds...
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 19:44   Link #30
Aquillion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Well, in episode 5...
Spoiler:
As for Ciel's glasses, though, it seems to me that they're just part of her disguise. In fact, they are her disguise. Sort of like Superman.

And Arc is tall and blond with blood red eyes and amazingly pale skin. That's going to attract attention anywhere you go in Japan. Besides, she might not be 'anime beautiful', but by normal human standards she would be quite beautiful.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 00:41   Link #31
lamort_noir
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukato
On the old forums someone posted a link to a foreign website that mentioned Berserk having another season in 2004. However it was never confirmed if the site was legitimate or not so it was just assumed that it was simply a rumor.

Some of the best anime are really short..and its much cheaper to buy an anime thats only 12 episodes instead of 50+..I really dont mind it as long as it has a decent ending (not necessarily happy ending..but a fitting ending).

True if the ending is good but have you seen berserk's supposed ending? lol it sux but all through the anime its cool untill then lol
__________________
Ecartez vous, si vous craignez l'obscurité éternelle.
"Mireille Bouquet"

Je peux tuer si facilement... Mais pourquoi est-ce que je ne ressens aucune tristesse ?
"Kirika (Hot part of Noir)"
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 00:47   Link #32
lamort_noir
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiace
Can we like stop this 'how many episode' thing and get back to the original topic?

I don't know why everyone is so crazy over Arcueid. I like her character but IMHO she's really not that hot. In fact her looks and dressing are really plain. It's just that her character stands out because of who she is. And she can't be an item with Shiki right? She looks so much older than him. I was hoping that he'll be with his classmate but now it seems kinda impossible...

ok first of all there is relevance in what we say since there is only like 13 eps of Shingetsutan tsukihime thats where that conversation kinda spawned from but does that matter and in any rate I think shes real hot her eyes are awesome and i like her smile then again i think the normal looking vampire is sexy lol believe it or not lol
__________________
Ecartez vous, si vous craignez l'obscurité éternelle.
"Mireille Bouquet"

Je peux tuer si facilement... Mais pourquoi est-ce que je ne ressens aucune tristesse ?
"Kirika (Hot part of Noir)"
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 06:07   Link #33
Tboz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Arcueid? I like her eyes... blood red. Btw, do you all realize that Arc is not wearing any cool gothic bodytight costume like vampires usually do? The producers probably don't want it to be just another show with a vampiric theme. Good one there...

If you have seen the artbook/prologue...
Spoiler:
Interesting...
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 16:15   Link #34
NenMaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Arcueid? I like her eyes... blood red. Btw, do you all realize that Arc is not wearing any cool gothic bodytight costume like vampires usually do? The producers probably don't want it to be just another show with a vampiric theme. Good one there...

If you have seen the artbook/prologue...
Spoiler:
Interesting...

yea i agree, here eyes are nice as well
__________________
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 20:42   Link #35
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
wow i just watched the first ep and must say i am hooked. i have to find out what is going on because it will drive me insane otherwise. was anyone as compelled to find out what will happen in the rest of the series as i am?
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 20:46   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
was anyone as compelled to find out what will happen in the rest of the series as i am?
Dont even get me started...
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 20:51   Link #37
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
don't get you started in a good way or a bad way?
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 20:56   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
You should have guessed it by my grand smile..Very much good way..So far up to ep-5 only good things could be mentioned about the series...and I dont want to spoil you as you have mentioned you have only seen ep 1..
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 20:59   Link #39
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
i will be watching the rest tonight as i have them downloaded. just have a lot on my agenda so i will have to get to them later. very glad you agree though, we will talk about it more tonight when i have seen the next 4. also i am happy to see that someone is still subbing gad guard, i know it is licensed in all but i have the first 18 and i love the series. being broke right now doesn't let me buy dvd's like i usually do, i mean hell i own over 190 dvd's
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 21:05   Link #40
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
this anime and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien have really surprised me. i didn't think i would like either but i was looking for something new to download and decided to give them a shot. extremely glad i did. both have really peaked my interest.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.