AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-08-16, 03:48   Link #501
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...
Spoiler for 287 title:
Spoiler for Recent Manga:
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 03:55   Link #502
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
I smell whoever gets control of the "Magic Lamp" will fufill the wish of whoever wishes on it, then a Overpowered God-Hackz thing comes out of it that can mostly screw everyone that tries to fight him.

(I do like your statement though, seems reasonable enough)
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 10:55   Link #503
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
You know what gaiden means though right?
Old 2010-08-16, 11:06   Link #504
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
You know what gaiden means though right?
Yeah, I know the unfortunate truth that filler will prevail until Kubo can speed up the plot development - no more chapters like the pair where Aizen says pretty much exactly the same thing in consecutive chapters (that he's a pedo stalker who's been following Ichigo since childhood), but there is still hope for my sanity yet - Kubo might just be trolling again, crushing our souls with the prospect of yet more filler.

*edit* Either that or it's a gaiden where Ichigo comes across the Hogyoku, believing it to be a magic lamp, and uses it it to make a wish that he's not such a whiny little brat who only survives battles through plotkai, and stops sucking for an arc, only to lose his new-found power and confidence at the conclusion of the arc.
Old 2010-08-16, 23:54   Link #505
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yeah, I know the unfortunate truth that filler will prevail until Kubo can speed up the plot development - no more chapters like the pair where Aizen says pretty much exactly the same thing in consecutive chapters (that he's a pedo stalker who's been following Ichigo since childhood), but there is still hope for my sanity yet - Kubo might just be trolling again, crushing our souls with the prospect of yet more filler.

*edit* Either that or it's a gaiden where Ichigo comes across the Hogyoku, believing it to be a magic lamp, and uses it it to make a wish that he's not such a whiny little brat who only survives battles through plotkai, and stops sucking for an arc, only to lose his new-found power and confidence at the conclusion of the arc.
You do realize Kubo doesn't do fillers otherwise that a certain filler arc wouldn't be about to cause trouble with the rest of the cannon series.
TV TOKYO DOES FILLERS
Old 2010-08-17, 02:02   Link #506
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
You do realize Kubo doesn't do fillers otherwise that a certain filler arc wouldn't be about to cause trouble with the rest of the cannon series.
TV TOKYO DOES FILLERS
Seeing as Kubo owns enough of the intellectual property, and that if TV Tokyo annoyed him enough, they'd be stuck with filler as the manga plot went in even more circles, he does have some say in major anime plot decisions (such as the implementation of filler, some of its plot, and making sure it fits to future canon he has planned). I mean, it's not like he has to spend much time each week working out the plot and dialogue for the manga? In chapter 415, it's 7 pages before anyone speaks, and even then the most emotive piece of speech is Aizen's "ohhhhhhhhhhhh". He's gotta have some input (although not so much in the incredibly spoilerish titles, I'll admit)
Old 2010-08-17, 03:13   Link #507
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

In theory, filler is a good idea - it's an expansion to the universe, giving new plot and characters, about which both manga and anime people will be equal in knowing little, allowing different characters to shine and develop and spicing up predictable plot lines. I'll try to go into this Gaiden with optimism, as the most recent filler seems to be on the up, but you never know.
Old 2010-08-17, 03:19   Link #508
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

tv tkyo might do what the animators for soul eater did - veer off at the last moment in a completely mad insane direction and just end things. i liked the way the soul eater anime ended. i think the manga is still going on...

anyway, some part of me is expecting kon to appear during the last regular arc pisode and say "well, kids, because kubo won't hurry his arse up and fiish this bleeding arc already we have to go into yet another filler season."

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 16:28   Link #509
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
In theory, filler is a good idea - it's an expansion to the universe, giving new plot and characters, about which both manga and anime people will be equal in knowing little, allowing different characters to shine and develop and spicing up predictable plot lines. I'll try to go into this Gaiden with optimism, as the most recent filler seems to be on the up, but you never know.
Yea fillers can sometime be good, but they can sometime be bad too. DBZ fillers did help along with some Naruto filers, but a lot of Bleach fillers are just pointless. They only make them, because there getting so close to the manga. the zanpaktou rebellion arc is a big problem now. Despite how good it was (in my opinion) it messed with the fact that Zangetsu was a shikai and couldn't do a bankai why Tensa Zangetsu was a bankai.
Old 2010-08-17, 21:43   Link #510
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Despite how good it was (in my opinion) it messed with the fact that Zangetsu was a shikai and couldn't do a bankai why Tensa Zangetsu was a bankai.
There's no reason Zangetsu couldn't wield Tensa Zangetsu, IMO.
Old 2010-08-17, 23:42   Link #511
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
There's no reason Zangetsu couldn't wield Tensa Zangetsu, IMO.
IMO that isn't nice, but still the zanpaktou tales arc does somewhat tamper with the fact Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu aren't the same. This won't cause a problem into a lot later though. Think it is okay if Hollow Ichigo could do it, but if Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu aren't the same person then Zangetsu can't just decide to use Tensa Zangetsu. It really doesn't make any sense
Old 2010-08-17, 23:49   Link #512
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
IMO that isn't nice, but still the zanpaktou tales arc does somewhat tamper with the fact Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu aren't the same. This won't cause a problem into a lot later though. Think it is okay if Hollow Ichigo could do it, but if Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu aren't the same person then Zangetsu can't just decide to use Tensa Zangetsu. It really doesn't make any sense
Ichigo can use Tensa, Hollow Ichigo can use Tensa. I can't see why Zangetsu can't use Tensa.

Besides, fwiw the arc itself isn't in-continuity with the manga or anime. It's not like it hurts either canon even if you are right.

Edit: For a split second when I glanced at your sig, I thought Ed was Hiyori. xD
Old 2010-08-18, 19:18   Link #513
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Ichigo can use Tensa, Hollow Ichigo can use Tensa. I can't see why Zangetsu can't use Tensa.

Besides, fwiw the arc itself isn't in-continuity with the manga or anime. It's not like it hurts either canon even if you are right.

Edit: For a split second when I glanced at your sig, I thought Ed was Hiyori. xD
First don't put Ichigo in the category. I thought about this for awhile. And how could Zangetsu use Tensa if there not the same people. I mean Zangetsu is a shikai nothing more so it would make since for a shikai to use a bankai.

As for the arc it does mater. What about the people who only watch the anime. Not everyone is going to realize that the zanpaktou tales is a filler
Old 2010-08-18, 23:20   Link #514
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
First don't put Ichigo in the category. I thought about this for awhile. And how could Zangetsu use Tensa if there not the same people. I mean Zangetsu is a shikai nothing more so it would make since for a shikai to use a bankai.
They're different people just as much as Zangetsu is different from Hollow Ichigo. I see no problem with it.

Quote:
As for the arc it does mater. What about the people who only watch the anime. Not everyone is going to realize that the zanpaktou tales is a filler
No one needs to realize the arc is "filler" because it's not filler. It's just an out-of-continuity arc, and that should be evident enough.
Old 2010-08-19, 01:37   Link #515
Langus
Optimus Prime

Don't mind thewanderer. He has a hard on for the anime and refuses to accept that any episodes could ever be filler, regardless of whether they have basis in manga content or not.
Old 2010-08-19, 04:39   Link #516
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Don't mind thewanderer. He has a hard on for the anime and refuses to accept that any episodes could ever be filler, regardless of whether they have basis in manga content or not.
Nonono. That's not it. I don't refuse to accept anything, and I'm not favoring the anime. On the contrary, I treat the anime canon equally to the manga canon, and unlike some others, I don't try to force discontinuity on others.

Edit: Out of all the fandoms I've been a part of over the years, this is the only fandom that has this strong denial for more than one canon. And so strong too. Maybe if I could understand why you guys would cause a riot over it, maybe I wouldn't have to point so many things out about it constantly.
Old 2010-08-19, 09:21   Link #517
Langus
Optimus Prime

People are entitled to their opinion. There will always be a disparity between those who believe all material is canon and those who believe that only manga-based anime material is canon. Can't be helped really. Best to just get on with your day.
Old 2010-08-19, 09:48   Link #518
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
People are entitled to their opinion. There will always be a disparity between those who believe all material is canon and those who believe that only manga-based anime material is canon. Can't be helped really. Best to just get on with your day.
It's not "their own opinion" when they're trying to force it on others. And besides, being "canon" or not isn't about opinion. Everything has "canon". If something's not canon with the original material, it's simply separate canon, and common sense should tell you that an episode of a show/cartoon/anime/whatever is canon with the rest unless specifically stated. It's up to the authority of the franchise to determine what's canon with what, and fans who discount something as not canon to something that IS canon is just fan discontinuity. That's just the way it is.

Everything in the anime is anime canon so far, except the Amagai arc(the 2 soccer eps seem to be in it's canon as well) and the Zanpakuto arc.

Oh and lol @ "can't be helped"
Old 2010-08-19, 10:32   Link #519
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
It's not "their own opinion" when they're trying to force it on others. And besides, being "canon" or not isn't about opinion. Everything has "canon". If something's not canon with the original material, it's simply separate canon, and common sense should tell you that an episode of a show/cartoon/anime/whatever is canon with the rest unless specifically stated. It's up to the authority of the franchise to determine what's canon with what, and fans who discount something as not canon to something that IS canon is just fan discontinuity. That's just the way it is.

Everything in the anime is anime canon so far, except the Amagai arc(the 2 soccer eps seem to be in it's canon as well) and the Zanpakuto arc.

Oh and lol @ "can't be helped"
Therein lies the problem - the definition of anime canon vs. series canon.

Though to be frank I think you should probably try following your own advice. I haven't seen anyone wield the anti-canon warning stick harder or higher than you on these boards.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:48   Link #520
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Therein lies the problem - the definition of anime canon vs. series canon.
Last time I checked, there's no difference.

Quote:
Though to be frank I think you should probably try following your own advice. I haven't seen anyone wield the anti-canon warning stick harder or higher than you on these boards.
What are you even talking about? I'm not the only one like that(at least that's not what the +reps I get for it says), and even if I am, it don't make it any less true.