AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-01-13, 16:33   Link #601
Kallen4life

Quote:
Hitsugaya one of the weakest captains
"fanwank" made Kubo give him 500/600, whereas Byakuya had 510/600 =(

Quote:
And half cut body is far more dangerouse than a cut across the chest.
I hardly think he cut her body in half .. she was able to stab his illusion right after .. and that wasn't a cut - that was a full stab right through the chest (not that much different from Hiyori's wound, though it would be more devastating on her smaller body .. although I must say I've only seen it in the anime) - and not with a katana, but with the larger or Shunsui's swords, which is rather .. large and wide (and the second slice was small, but the game made it fatal I assume) .. I was surprised that Starrk didn't kick the bucket right there after the first stab, giving how he is a "bad guy" in Bleach

Quote:
Byakuya and Zaraki got scars all over them while fighting weaker espadas
Byakuya had to deal with a broken ability though (AND defend Ruki-ruki) and Zaraki likes getting cut .. he also doesn't know shunpo - Nnoitra possibly couldn't even land a blow on someone of Byakuya's speed
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2011-01-13 at 16:49.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 17:55   Link #602
kitten320

That chart makes no sence at all, don't bring it into topic because by it Zaraki sucks.

Hiyori's legs fell on the ground, anime censored that part and decided to keep them, good implication of her surviving. Actually part of her organs also seemed to be included since cut was in waist area. Matsumoto also has half of her stomach reaped off (once again censored by anime), Ichigo had numerouse numbers of cuts and holes...

And talking about the stab, WW had pierced his arm through Ukitake who is most likely alive.
shunsui pierced Starrk with his shadow which is not that wide.

Also where are espadas suprise killing attacks like Rukia's? How come they have no tricks up their sleeve? Really, if at least one character had died I would not be raging about how dumb whole arc is.
Old 2011-01-13, 22:04   Link #603
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Hitsugaya one of the weakest captain
I just had the same conversation on OMF and we worked it out. Toshiro is a junior captain and Tia made him go full. Likely Tia's strength was at a junior captain's level bankai and when she was arranacarized she became a junior captain beyond bankai
(WILL YOU ALL EXUSE MY SPELLING THIS ONCE PLEASE)
Old 2011-01-14, 07:06   Link #604
Kallen4life

Hitsugaya has fan support in Japan and elemental advantage over Halibel (even if she can heat the water) .. still failed to do damage, but I guess that was the only way to settle this - Hitsu kinda held his own and even won temporarily (please his fans), but later she came out unscratched (please his non-fans) .. in the end, her strength (and thus Hitsu's strength in fightning her) was showed @ holding back three opponents simultaneously (and not getting hit) and all was resolved via Deus Ex Aizen - Kubo doesn't need to think on how to end this fight (and use more pages and thus prolong the whole thing), Aizen does more evulz, and, apparently, for Kubo this means that her Sacrifice theme is resolved .. epic fail, but as long as Kubo likes it ..
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-14, 12:17   Link #605
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Hitsugaya has fan support in Japan and elemental advantage over Halibel (even if she can heat the water) .. still failed to do damage, but I guess that was the only way to settle this - Hitsu kinda held his own and even won temporarily (please his fans), but later she came out unscratched (please his non-fans) .. in the end, her strength (and thus Hitsu's strength in fightning her) was showed @ holding back three opponents simultaneously (and not getting hit) and all was resolved via Deus Ex Aizen - Kubo doesn't need to think on how to end this fight (and use more pages and thus prolong the whole thing), Aizen does more evulz, and, apparently, for Kubo this means that her Sacrifice theme is resolved .. epic fail, but as long as Kubo likes it ..
Spoiler for Manga:
hen Azien lost Kubo decided to wrap it up

Last edited by secretzfan; 2011-01-31 at 00:56.
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 11:05   Link #606
kitten320

Quote:
The problem is that no one cares about Halibel's return, she was frozen and that was her end because if not WW she would never come back what automaticly gives Hitsugaya a win

Espada 3 was destroyed by a kid who is among weakest captains or at least middle ones.

His fanservice is making my eyes bleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
The thing is Kubo intended all arrnacar battles to be short. Why do you think Byakuya fought Zommari or why Yammy vs Kenpachi and Bykauya ended so quickly. When Azien lost Kubo decided to wrap it up
Aizen lost? When?

So 5 episode fights are short? You sure have strange sence of time...
Old 2011-01-31, 00:55   Link #607
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
The problem is that no one cares about Halibel's return, she was frozen and that was her end because if not WW she would never come back what automaticly gives Hitsugaya a win

Espada 3 was destroyed by a kid who is among weakest captains or at least middle ones.

His fanservice is making my eyes bleed.

Aizen lost? When?

So 5 episode fights are short? You sure have strange sence of time...
The manga/ anime being slow and the actual fights are two different thing
Old 2011-01-31, 11:55   Link #608
kitten320

Ok... now you are being so random that I can't keep up with you anymore... what the real life has to do with anything?
We are talking about how long are the fights in Bleach manga/anime. There are many animes where fights take 1-2 episodes, sometimes even a half of episode while here it is 4-5 episodes. Do you feel the difference?

Anyway looks like we won't come to one conclusion so I will just leave it at that.
Old 2011-02-01, 15:23   Link #609
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Oh my Gosh I seen anime like those were those fights are super short. 4 to 5 Episodes isn't very long seriosuly. The fight against renji was also short. A lomg fight to me is a fight like one against Eneru, but anyway I was talking on the Arrancar arc and how it could have been shorter
Old 2011-02-01, 18:13   Link #610
Kallen4life

gotta agree with secretzfan, I never felt that Bleach fights are too long .. not once I think .. I mean the actual raw time of one fight, because it rarely lasts from beginning to end without interruptions (and those are usually other fights happening at the same time)

sometimes they do talk, but it never really bothers me .. this is shonen after all .. and the fights are mostly cool (I mean the action, not the outcomes where the bad guys are wasted)

I was seriously hoping Full Hollow Ichigo vs 2-nd Stage Ulquiorra would be like 2x-2.5x longer then it was .. entire Grimmjow final fight after he released also took ~1 episode, wouldn't mind some more

anyway LONG fight is original DBZ Frieza fight .. THAT is LOOOOONG ^^
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-02-03, 08:10   Link #611
secretzfan
*Fansubber

OMG someone agrees with me on this site *Faint*
Hey does anyone remember how short Zommari vs Byakuya was
Spoiler for NEW EPS:

Last edited by secretzfan; 2011-02-04 at 09:38.
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 13:40   Link #612
kitten320

Well considering the fact that we had fight after fight for many years with no story progress... I call them long. If it didn't stop plot, I would be fine. But plot stopped moving for many years having just random fights which got boring except some of them -_-
Old 2011-02-06, 23:29   Link #613
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Not really that boring actualy that is waht DBZ is Duh and that is why Kubo is taking a break in the manga with all the fights and is going for plot
Old 2011-02-07, 02:44   Link #614
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

to be fair for the dmz anime, there was A LOT of filler, forcing long fights to be even longer. i've never read the original manga, but dragonball kai apparently gets to points the original anime took ages to get to.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 05:05   Link #615
sayde

Since we're on the subject, the original DBZ anime feels like it moves pretty fast in comparison to Bleach. To put things into perspective (if we include filler for both) the number of eps it took to go from the very beginning of the war (when Ichigo and co. step foot into HM) to the very beginning of the Deicide arc is roughly the amount of episodes it took for DBZ to go from the beginning of the Namek saga all the way to the beginning of the Great Saiyaman Saga. Seriously.

And if we take filler out of the equation only for Bleach, then Bleach still takes up about the same amount of time to go from the beginning of the war to the deicide arc as DBZ takes to go from the beginning of the Namek Saga to the end of Garlic Jr. Saga. To top it off, the war still isn't even done yet. In hindsight, Frieza was introduced and then defeated in less time than it's taken Ichigo to go from entering Hueco Mundo to finally confronting Aizen in FKT.

So though DBZ's individual fights may have lasted longer on average, it still managed to make progress a lot faster than Bleach is.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 07:48   Link #616
Kallen4life

Quote:
Frieza was introduced and then defeated in less time than it's taken Ichigo to go from entering Hueco Mundo to finally confronting Aizen in FKT.
that's ONE fight with ONE enemy vs ALL fights that happened in Bleach

Quote:
So though DBZ's individual fights may have lasted longer on average
that was my point tbh .. and in Frieza's case - MUCH longer

Bleach fails big time with it's plot, that's true, but I don't feel the length of individual fights has anything to do with it .. Bleach chapters have like 2x-3x less content in them then most One Piece chapters
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-02-07, 10:48   Link #617
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

also, bleach doesn't have vegeta.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 14:21   Link #618
sayde

Quote:
that's ONE fight with ONE enemy vs ALL fights that happened in Bleach
I take it you either forgot a lot about the events in DBZ or you simply didn't understand the time frame I was referring to when I stated "Frieza was introduced". There's a whole bunch of fights that took place from the time Frieza first made his appearance to the time he was defeated that you're not accounting for--battles and various rematches featuring his main henchmen and the Ginyu force. But despite that, DBZ still managed to complete all of it's various battles on Namek in less time than it's taking for Bleach's war to finally come to a close. Though admittedly, this entire war has likely featured more individual battles than the 3 DBZ arcs I'm referring to. I haven't actually counted it out though.

Come to think of it, in DBZ, the only fights that consistently took a very long time are those featuring the main bad guys of the series (Frieza, Cell, and Buu) which is understandable I suppose.

Everything else I pretty much agree with. Especially the part about the content of each chapter. IMO, that's one of Kubo's biggest faults. He seems to like drawing a lot more than writing.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-02-07 at 14:44.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 17:41   Link #619
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Bleach's plot is just okay in the arrancar arc, but it wasn't bad it needed work he was trying to remake or spin off the soul society arc basically. And it was meant to be short. Someone brought up that he seemed to not give a rat's ass what happened to some of the arrancar. The only ones he actually loved was Ulquirra and Grimmjow. He didn't care much for Zommari at all which he proved.
Spoiler for Manga current plot:
Old 2011-02-08, 11:12   Link #620
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

One new title from ANN

Spoiler: