AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-21, 17:28   Link #21
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Um. Does anybody care to explain this fannish devotion to Sasuke?

It confuses me, because I'm one of the few people who cannot decipher why people think Sasuke "would be wasted" or be "too good for" anybody. Let's just say my first impressions of him during the short time I followed Naruto were not good. (And try not to reinforce the "girls go for assholes" vibe I'm getting.)

Besides, Hinata is hot.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 17:50   Link #22
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Um. Does anybody care to explain this fannish devotion to Sasuke?

It confuses me, because I'm one of the few people who cannot decipher why people think Sasuke "would be wasted" or be "too good for" anybody. Let's just say my first impressions of him during the short time I followed Naruto were not good. (And try not to reinforce the "girls go for assholes" vibe I'm getting.)

Besides, Hinata is hot.
She maybe "hot" but not hot enough for Sasuke, for her to carry the Uchiha gene she needs a totally make over, her personality and looks has to match and be just right. Right now Sasuke is far too good for her. Image the hottest boy in your school going for the weirdest chick in your school, that's what it would be like pretty fucked up Sasuke has a image to uphold. Hinata would bring him down.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 19:28   Link #23
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
She maybe "hot" but not hot enough for Sasuke, for her to carry the Uchiha gene she needs a totally make over, her personality and looks has to match and be just right. Right now Sasuke is far too good for her. Image the hottest boy in your school going for the weirdest chick in your school, that's what it would be like pretty fucked up Sasuke has a image to uphold. Hinata would bring him down.
I wouldn't know, I got out of high school quite a while ago.

You see, I don't tend to confuse being a punk with strength or maturity. And Sasuke was basically a punk. (You know, unless some major character development went underway.) Not sure why Sasuke deserves winning the popularity contest for reasons that aren't arbitrary. Probably because popularity doesn't mean anything.

Hinata may be a bit dorky and insecure, but that's what healthy and unbalanced-looking relationships are for.
Old 2007-07-21, 19:33   Link #24
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
As far as a bloodline limit, if the child gets any at all, it would be one or the other as far as eyes. It all depends on which parent's genes becomes the dominant one, and I'd bank on Hinata's, since the child would seem to share more genetic similarities with the mother than the father. (though I'm no geneticist)

At least, that's my opinion...

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 19:42   Link #25
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I wouldn't know, I got out of high school quite a while ago.

You see, I don't tend to confuse being a punk with strength or maturity. And Sasuke was basically a punk. (You know, unless some major character development went underway.) Not sure why Sasuke deserves winning the popularity contest for reasons that aren't arbitrary. Probably because popularity doesn't mean anything.

Hinata may be a bit dorky and insecure, but that's what healthy and unbalanced-looking relationships are for.
I think it goes beyond "punk". WAY beyond "punk". Except for very, VERY rare moments, Sasuke is generally an asshole. I still can't see why anyone likes him, much less is a fan. Then again,I can say that same about a lot of anime characters...
Old 2007-07-21, 21:10   Link #26
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
She maybe "hot" but not hot enough for Sasuke, for her to carry the Uchiha gene she needs a totally make over, her personality and looks has to match and be just right. Right now Sasuke is far too good for her. Image the hottest boy in your school going for the weirdest chick in your school, that's what it would be like pretty fucked up Sasuke has a image to uphold.Hinata would bring him down.
You're weird man.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 21:17   Link #27
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
You're weird man.
Not only that, but for the simple fact he actually typed . . .--->

Quote:
Image the hottest boy in your school going for the weirdest chick in your school, that's what it would be like pretty fucked up .
All I have to say to that is if more people did that, then the world might be a better place. What you typed there is the stereotypical thing known as "Society" and I say, fuck society. "Because Sasuke is a Jock he should go out with the cheer leader, not the book worm" Please spare me your simple mind and ethics!
Old 2007-07-21, 21:25   Link #28
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
All I have to say to that is if more people did that, then the world might be a better place. What you typed there is the stereotypical thing known as "Society" and I say, fuck society. "Because Sasuke is a Jock he should go out with the cheer leader, not the book worm" Please spare me your simple mind and ethics!
Society is important, one can't just ignore everyone else and attempt to do things as they please. Romantic as it may be, being a "rebel" is more idealistic than following popular trends is at times. It's easy to FEEL that way, especially in America compared to other places in the world. But I can understand where you're coming from, he/she is just biased and willing to degrade his/her moral virtue in order to entertain his/her fandom over the Uchiha brat.

For shame.
Old 2007-07-21, 23:18   Link #29
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

~Eh~
I post a couple snarky comments and look what happens to the thread.

Society is stereotyped? Whuh? Is that even a complete thought?

I'm not sure I'd care to make the comparison of Sasuke with a "jock." But I'm sure any "image" that is ruined because you go out with a fairly attractive girl with some personality at all, is not an image worth keeping.

I humbly submit that Hinata is too good for Sasuke. Really, I am of the opinion that any character that isn't too busy drowning in his own angst is too good for Sasuke.

EDIT: Dude. We are so far off topic. But since the topic is about mingling genetically-derived fictional powers, I'm not sure I feel all that bad.
Old 2007-07-21, 23:49   Link #30
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

This thread really doesn't even have a topic, he's basically stating a situation. The rest you use your imagination.

Technically speaking it'd be awkward for one of their kids to have sharingan and byakugan combined..it would be weird eyes in my opinion.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 06:39   Link #31
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
This thread really doesn't even have a topic, he's basically stating a situation. The rest you use your imagination.

Technically speaking it'd be awkward for one of their kids to have sharingan and byakugan combined..it would be weird eyes in my opinion.
If you take into account that colour blindness, red-green,
is related/located to the X-chromosome,
only a girl would be possible to have both sharingan and byakugan.
Since it is just fiction, it doesn't matter i guess.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 07:43   Link #32
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Lol hey sorry guys, but that's how things are, i wouldn't call her a book worm though she's more of a stalker to me.
Old 2007-07-22, 09:39   Link #33
razor886
Blood Angel

Well I bet in the end Sasuke will die alone... So don't think his sooooo COOL and all...
razor886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 09:43   Link #34
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor886 View Post
Well I bet in the end Sasuke will die alone... So don't think his sooooo COOL and all...
The hatred will consume him.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:02   Link #35
Numinous_Pulchritude
...take my breath away...

If Sasuke and Hinata had babies. I wonder which special trait will be passed down to their children. Sharingan and byakugan? Both?

I couldn't imagine then together because she loves Naruto. And Sasuke is a freaken ass... and loner... also evil... xD
Numinous_Pulchritude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 21:26   Link #36
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Lol hey sorry guys, but that's how things are, i wouldn't call her a book worm though she's more of a stalker to me.
Stalker my ass, you wish you had someone like her in real life hitting on you, what with her tig-o-bitties.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:34   Link #37
EgoSannin

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor886 View Post
Kewl The same white byakugan eye with black dots in it or the same sharingan eye with white dots in it

This bloodline limit would be 2 cheating... Sasuke never seems 2 die cause of his sharingan... With this new bloodline limit u can anticipate ppls atk, see chakra holes, 360 vision and far range sight OMG... N if thats not enough a new super MS will be created... Maybe stop chakra flow with just a look so ur enemy can't even fight at all
hehe ..

Call in 30 minutes and receive this additional headset for just 5 dolar..!!!

444-KONOHA
EgoSannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 01:49   Link #38
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Stalker my ass, you wish you had someone like her in real life hitting on you, what with her tig-o-bitties.
Hinata is anime ugly.

Which usually means that she's symmetrical and has well-shaped and equally symmetrical breasts. And that her figure is only going to resemble an hourglass more-and-more as she matures.

The ugly mostly comes from a timid personality and perhaps what might be considered a lack of fashion.
Old 2007-07-23, 02:51   Link #39
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Hinata is anime ugly.

Which usually means that she's symmetrical and has well-shaped and equally symmetrical breasts. And that her figure is only going to resemble an hourglass more-and-more as she matures.

The ugly mostly comes from a timid personality and perhaps what might be considered a lack of fashion.
.......what?
Old 2007-07-23, 05:43   Link #40
Inferied

That would never happen...
You know, Sasuke's gay.
Inferied is offline   Reply With Quote