AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 48 48.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-16, 12:45   Link #41
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
Sorry to thread hijack but somehow I'm not allowed to make new threads

Anyone here care about the ongoing SaiMoe 07? I never bothered w/ it before but decide to follow it this year due to LS's participation.
Spoiler:
You can't start new topics, that function is disabled. You need to go to the "Request for New Threads" sticky and post your suggestion for the new thread there, the mods will then decide whether to give you the green light. This is to keep the quality of the board at a decent level, and this method has so far been quite successful.

If you want to discuss Saimoe 2007, please proceed to the following link.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=49120

My take on it? My observation on last year's competition tells me that Lucky Star will probably fall victim to its own popularity, much like Suzumiya Haruhi characters last year. As there's too many people hating Kyo-Ani just for the sake of hating it simply because it's popular. 2ch has a sort of "anti-anything-that's-god-damn-popular" complex. I hear TYPE-MOON, Leaf and KEY fans were driven out of 2ch and forced to create their own boards because of this "anti-elitism", but that's discussion for another forum.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 12:57   Link #42
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
From what I gathered the Japanese Otakus are pretty pissed off about all the Shiraishi BS as well
Honestly now, since when was there ANYTHING that didn't piss off some people on 2ch? We've really got to stop using it as the end-all thermometer of Japanese opinion.
Mirrinus is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 13:11   Link #43
archanfels
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Honestly now, since when was there ANYTHING that didn't piss off some people on 2ch? We've really got to stop using it as the end-all thermometer of Japanese opinion.
And I said I got that from 2ch where?
archanfels is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 13:20   Link #44
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
And I said I got that from 2ch where?
Then I'm curious, just what are your sources?
Mirrinus is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 13:34   Link #45
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Dudes... let's not get into some heated discussion here... it's well known that the J-otakus are very, very opinionated, especially about anime series. Yes there are a lot of negative opinion about Shiraishi and Akira, not just on 2ch but also blogs and social sites like Mixi, but there's also a lot of love for them too. It's pretty mich 50-50 at this point, but if Shiraishi keep doing these senseless and not very funny EDs I'm thinking the anti-Lucky Channel camp may be growing rapidly.
AVPlaya is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 14:17   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I love what Shiriashi is doing (and Akira as far as that goes) .... to some extent the show is pushing the buttons of the "irrational zealot" crowd because, frankly, irrational zealots need all the misery that can be ladled on them. But I think its unfortunate that its happening to the extent its derailing and detracting from the core Lucky*Star.

@Archanfels: if you're going to negate what Mirrinus speculated then provide your sources in the post instead of just one-line negating. That's a bit pointless. This is a forum, not a chatroom. That said, I think your Saimoe analysis is probably going to pan out as accurate. Ensemble cast emphasis shows tend to do poorly in these "one character" popularity contests. And as American Idol recently discovered, the "anti-anything-popular" movements can really much bleep up any result. I've watched Saimoe for the last several years and pretty much written it off as saying anything useful.
Far too much club-voting and manipulation going on...
Vexx is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 17:12   Link #47
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
My take on it? My observation on last year's competition tells me that Lucky Star will probably fall victim to its own popularity, much like Suzumiya Haruhi characters last year. As there's too many people hating Kyo-Ani just for the sake of hating it simply because it's popular. 2ch has a sort of "anti-anything-that's-god-damn-popular" complex. I hear TYPE-MOON, Leaf and KEY fans were driven out of 2ch and forced to create their own boards because of this "anti-elitism", but that's discussion for another forum.
First time I'll be participating too. I'm going all out for L*S, EMMA, ARIA, Saiunkoku, and Akazukin (hey I liked it). Wohoo! Feel like a otaku now~~

I think Nanoha fans now dominate 2ch... the ultimate underdog anime. I fully L*S to lose this one, but I'm alright with that... I tried.
AVPlaya is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 17:44   Link #48
Xiaolang
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Oh my lawd!
Spoiler for scene in episode 15:


It makes me want to hug her, or at least pinch her cheeks. She looks so cute! =D

Xiaolang is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 18:00   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Funny how everything I have predicted is coming true, Yuko Goto appeared, and none to soon. Now that that necessary appearance is out of the way, time to look for Yuki Matsuoka (Tsuruya) who will probably be in episode 16. My friend now refers to this show as Lucky Staruhi and I fully agree. Seeing Aya Hirano and friends in concert.....not so surprising. In fact I knew it was coming at some point judging by the demographic in Japan the show is aimed at.

Looks at post below....speaking of lost novelty:

We got one episode of reprieve before the show launched right back into the self-referencing Haruhi stuff. Anyway, Aya Hirano fans must be going wild as I continue to lament just how overdone these Haruhi jokes have gotten and how in the long run it's just not that interesting for someone who really doesn't care about how many times they can see something related to Haruhi tied into this show. I can't imagine how much longer I'll be able to put up with the same basic joke over and over as indifference is now turning into rejection. It's really hard to laugh at this stuff anymore other than how ludcrious it's getting.

Well at least we have proof that Aya Hirano doesn't look like Konata. Speaking of which, I've got to admit I'm also getting weary of Aya Hirano in general being thrown at me from every possible angle the industry can offer. I didn't need an all new one. If the industry wants to burn out her career from overexposure they really couldn't be doing a more efficient job of it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-16 at 18:36.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 18:04   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Dudes... let's not get into some heated discussion here... it's well known that the J-otakus are very, very opinionated, especially about anime series. Yes there are a lot of negative opinion about Shiraishi and Akira, not just on 2ch but also blogs and social sites like Mixi, but there's also a lot of love for them too. It's pretty mich 50-50 at this point, but if Shiraishi keep doing these senseless and not very funny EDs I'm thinking the anti-Lucky Channel camp may be growing rapidly.
well just goes to show how much they are milking it to the extent that big L*S fans are beginning to feel the sting of "maybe they have it wrong this time" O.O ~ it lost it's novelty the first time and i guess 4th strike and he will be a dead man
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 18:09   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
Oh my lawd!
Spoiler for scene in episode 15:
Spoiler:
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 18:22   Link #52
Xiaolang
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Even though without the aid of subtitles, I can understand just enough, based on the body language alone. (Or at least, that's what I'd like to think.)
Xiaolang is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 18:34   Link #53
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
Spoiler:


Even though without the aid of subtitles, I can understand just enough, based on the body language alone. (Or at least, that's what I'd like to think.)
I understand what you mean... I just finished the entire run of NANA a while ago. Now that I think back, I believe that it's possible that the scene in the spoilers is a reference to how Hachi looked when she first saw Nana (Osaki) live. More I think about it more it kinda make sense. A NANA reference in L*S... wow, that's going to throw some otaku off. Since you're on 28 this is not a NANA spoiler for you.
AVPlaya is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 18:49   Link #54
Xiaolang
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I understand what you mean... I just finished the entire run of NANA a while ago. Now that I think back, I believe that it's possible that the scene in the spoilers is a reference to how Hachi looked when she first saw Nana (Osaki) live. More I think about it more it kinda make sense. A NANA reference in L*S... wow, that's going to throw some otaku off. Since you're on 28 this is not a NANA spoiler for you.
Oh for the record, I wasn't implying a referential connection between Nana and Lucky Star. I'm only referring to myself; I'm feeling kinda depressed after going through the emotional hell caused by Nana. I only stopped at the middle of episode 29, just so I won't cry myself to sleep.

I need more L*S to counterbalance Nana!
Xiaolang is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 18:55   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Its funny how most people end up seeing NANA by viewing a lot of episodes at once, i was the same.

As for the NANA reference.. i never thought about it that way. Very interesting.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 19:01   Link #56
Xiaolang
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Its funny how most people end up seeing NANA by viewing a lot of episodes at once, i was the same.

As for the NANA reference.. i never thought about it that way. Very interesting.
If I watch Nana once a week, I'd probably go crazy. I mean, with the way that series is set up, the cliffhangers are friggin' killer.

As for the possibility of a reference, that would be very interesting. But for it to make it an actual reference, it has to be somewhat obvious at least. Like for example, maybe Konata giving Aya, a long-stemmed rose with a gold ribbon.
Xiaolang is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 19:02   Link #57
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
Oh for the record, I wasn't implying a referential connection between Nana and Lucky Star. I'm only referring to myself; I'm feeling kinda depressed after going through the emotional hell caused by Nana. I only stopped at the middle of episode 29, just so I won't cry myself to sleep.

I need more L*S to counterbalance Nana!

Hehe, I was just saying that your post made me think there's a reference there and it made sense. And here's a spoiler for NANA for you - there's more crying in store for you.
AVPlaya is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 19:07   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
As for the possibility of a reference, that would be very interesting. But for it to make it an actual reference, it has to be somewhat obvious at least. Like maybe Konata giving Aya, a long-stemmed rose with a gold ribbon.
True true. If we were to see a NANA reference in this show, it'll probably involve something else from the series.

Anyway, back to everyone's favourite Lucky Star discussion~
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 19:12   Link #59
Xiaolang
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Hehe, I was just saying that your post made me think there's a reference there and it made sense. And here's a spoiler for NANA for you - there's more crying in store for you.
Spoiler:


So anywho, I want to rate this episode, but I will reserve judgment when the subs are out. But so far, this might be one of my favorite episodes.
Xiaolang is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 19:19   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Xiaolang: When you reach future episodes of NANA, make sure you pm me about it, shall be fun to talk. :3

& yeah sorry for going off-topic.

Spoiler for episode 15:
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.