AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 10 19.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 21.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 23.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 9.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-17, 01:41   Link #21
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
But if they are going to use the plane, at least make it somewhat real.
"somewhat?"

The anime can make excuses like the Zero "dragon" was enchanted with magic, afterall, it is national superweapon in a way, surely they will make sure it is well kept and protected with their best spells, right?

All my real world physics are switched off when I watch this show. I don't expect too much from it.

This episode shows how much potential a serious story ZnT can be. I getting sick seeing SM beat ups of hero by bipolar pink hair girl anyway. Maybe I should seriously read the light novels. Heh.
Old 2007-07-17, 03:13   Link #22
Shana

Was a good ep., but Henrietta was too troublesome

Spoiler for Episode 2:

ep.3's coming with Shana-Yoshida's fight vibes [This is getting me scared of "Maybe Shana II will have all the thing pass on Zero season 1, and Zero II will have all Shana season 1 pass *scared*]

Last edited by Shana; 2007-07-20 at 01:53.
Old 2007-07-17, 06:11   Link #23
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hmm...solid episode from a technical standpoint. Very fast-paced, almost rushed, but the emotions were there and the purpose of the whole thing (( the Henrietta/Wales/OMGEMOEMOEMO thing )) was portrayed well, Henrietta actually felt annoying...I've never read the novels, but it really feels like a solid generalization of something bigger.

But it turns me off. I'm a Saito-Henrietta fan (( yes, I know it WON'T happen, but I still like it. )), and seeing this whole emotional dramatism of Henrietta/Wale's tragic-it-was-not-to-be-love thing kinda irked me a little.

Well, I'm not complaining. Looks like we'll be getting a new pimp to offset the raburabu meters...I just hope that it won't drag too much. I'm hoping for this "war" thing to move on quickly without losing steam.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-17, 07:04   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Pretty shocking to see something like this in the second episode, though looking at it from another point --- this was episode 15.

Next episode looks to be pretty good. Return of you know who --- though its episode four's title that finally has what i've been waiting for. Episode title is
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-17, 07:52   Link #25
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Didn't think much of this episode. I'm not really of the opinion that drama is one of ZnT's strengths. And I'd say what I saw from that ep backs up that opinion, since, overall, it was all rather weak and cliched (not that ZnT isn't cliched to begin with, but usually it's fun cliche, not melodramatic cliche, the former being much more redeemable than the latter).

I'm not sure I'm a fan of this series playing to something that so isn't one of its strengths this early on in its run. Overall, rather forgettable ep.
Old 2007-07-17, 08:25   Link #26
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Whoa.

For a supposed Rom-Com series, its quite unusual to have the second episode so serious and laugh-track-free.
Spoiler:

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Old 2007-07-17, 09:58   Link #27
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Didn't think much of this episode. I'm not really of the opinion that drama is one of ZnT's strengths. And I'd say what I saw from that ep backs up that opinion, since, overall, it was all rather weak and cliched (not that ZnT isn't cliched to begin with, but usually it's fun cliche, not melodramatic cliche, the former being much more redeemable than the latter).

I'm not sure I'm a fan of this series playing to something that so isn't one of its strengths this early on in its run. Overall, rather forgettable ep.
Well, the point is that not all is laughts in ZnT... in fact, there are moments that are really depressing. The problem is that the anime has been, in general, light-hearted compared with the novels and that's why an episode like this may seem out of focus.

The events shown in this episode mark a turning point in Henrietta's feelings and actions for the rest of the story; and those actions affect everyone in some sense. That's why I believe they had to include this episode in the anime, even if it didn't really fit with the mood of the previous one. I'm not sure about how the rest of the series will be, so I don't know how much of an impact will this episode have, but at least it's good to know that there's a reason.

About the episode following the next... is it really about the sisters? I'm looking forward to some remarkable moments there!!!
Old 2007-07-18, 09:48   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i was rather surprised at it myself...didnt expect this kind of end when i clearly thought that henrietta was being a idiot love stuck girl blinded BY love but in the end it was all good as the shock of Henrietta hits the viewers with Wales trying to redeem his former charm by telling her to let him go...as cliched as it may be those lines of love worked for me in these situations (though i would normally just roll me eyes and yawn...)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-18, 15:42   Link #29
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I wished this anime to be this serious. But no, it has to descending into harem anime.

Guess I really have to read the novels.
Old 2007-07-19, 12:28   Link #30
PieWhatWhere
The Baker

Send a message via AIM to PieWhatWhere
This episode was good but it could be a lot better. Wale's spell animation and Louise's spell animation left a lot to be desired for. Henrietta just dropped a couple of spots on the list now.
Old 2007-07-19, 13:56   Link #31
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Henreitta did indeed acted like 10 year old egoist and totally self-centered person, in this one...Even in novels (where she looked bit better at this point) I felt very irratated by her actions here. But later I forgave her since she had a very interesting character traits and her destiny isnt very dreamy really. I hope anime follows novels closely in this sense so that it would soften-up the negative impact of second episode on Henreitta popularity...

Though my favorite female character is Louise, by miles, but Henreitta and Tabitha are also very interesting female characters.
Old 2007-07-20, 00:38   Link #32
Kensuke

Great episode again, thought I have to agree with TigerII's rant about the Zero fighter, made me roll eyes a couple of times, but besides that, an enjoyable episode.
Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2007-07-20, 07:54   Link #33
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Great episode again, thought I have to agree with TigerII's rant about the Zero fighter, made me roll eyes a couple of times, but besides that, an enjoyable episode.
That whole thing kind of grated with me too, but after the first season - where Saito opens the Zero's canopy for no reason whatsoever right before going into action with it - I don't think we could honestly have expected much in the way of realistic portrayals.
Old 2007-07-20, 15:19   Link #34
Nifft

This episode was wasted. What was the point of it? Whose character developed? What plot moved forward?

Less pointless crying, more pointless S&M!
Old 2007-07-20, 15:49   Link #35
UPR

Nifft thank you finally, I agree with you 100%
Old 2007-07-20, 19:40   Link #36
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
This episode was wasted. What was the point of it? Whose character developed? What plot moved forward?

Less pointless crying, more pointless S&M!
What happened during this episode, at least in the novels, is the trigger for a series of events that affect everybody's life. I wouldn't talk about character development, though. I agree with you. There's no development at all.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-21, 12:31   Link #37
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Whoa I'd never expected to find myself here... But Nanoha's a little quiet today...

I don't suppose the Eng subs for ZnT are out yet?
Old 2007-07-21, 14:23   Link #38
Guido

The Oath of Wind and Water

I give thinks to the few people out there for having congratulated me due to my birthday. In fact, I am very excited since today I finally received the last book entry to the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows, purchasing through pre-sale at my local bookstore. I will take the night to start reading.

On-Topic
Oh, my! I nearly forgot all the story events and names (except for Louise and Saito, of course) about what happened in season one.

Basically, this episode was about Henrietta and whose loyal love towards Wales nearly drove her to make a fatal decision.
Spoiler:

And we have still some knots that were loosened again.
Spoiler:

As for the conclusion to the episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-22, 05:05   Link #39
arkxkra
全力全開

wow, this episode not bad....
the dispel magic...i thought is dispel the magic that prince cast...but then is direct hit the prince... =.=" cool !
Old 2007-07-22, 17:12   Link #40
Calawain
Gaijin

Gave this episode a 7, was ok but not great.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread