AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 10 19.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 21.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 23.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 9.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-22, 18:08   Link #41
kauldron26
Med Student

so what exactly is appealing about this show??? is it the plot?? (it aint no GITS, planet ES or EVA) ir or the horrendously 2 dimensional characters?? (Angry loli chick fighting pervert boy with powers) or just the fanservice?? whatever it is im really curious. or is this a show that people just watch because of all the boobies, colors and loli? I did see the first season, and i was and still confounded that people actually not just liked it, but loved it. im not trying to troll, im just really curious.
Old 2007-07-22, 18:44   Link #42
Nifft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
so what exactly is appealing about this show???
OH GOD LOUISE IS HOT! Also, see S&M above.

Quote:
is it the plot?? (it aint no GITS, planet ES or EVA) ir or the horrendously 2 dimensional characters?? (Angry loli chick fighting pervert boy with powers) or just the fanservice??
Characters and fan service. Saito may be two-dimensional but he's still better than most male leads (which indicates the terribly sad state of male leads). Louise may be a fanservice loli, but again, she's got a bit more depth than most tsundere female leads.

BTW, the best male lead of the season IMHO is K1 from Higurashi.
Old 2007-07-22, 20:24   Link #43
Kakosan

Quote:
so what exactly is appealing about this show??? is it the plot?? (it aint no GITS, planet ES or EVA) ir or the horrendously 2 dimensional characters?? (Angry loli chick fighting pervert boy with powers) or just the fanservice?? whatever it is im really curious. or is this a show that people just watch because of all the boobies, colors and loli? I did see the first season, and i was and still confounded that people actually not just liked it, but loved it. im not trying to troll, im just really curious.
Well, I can only give you my personal opinion, nothing else...

Basically, when I started watching the first season I found the plot simple, refreshing, and well, there was a kiss in the first episode!!! At that time I was tired to wait until the end of a show to finally see... nothing! So that caught my attention. The jokes were fun, and it was just loving to watch Louise and all the tsundere action over there.

I found Saito a very good lead male character. He's a pervert, making jokes to his master and all that stuff, so I continued the season with interest.

What really caugth me afterwards were Sushi-Y's summaries of the light novel. Seriously, the novel is good. And a lot of stuff (that probably will never see the light in the anime) happens. I couldn't stop reading those summaries, and well, here I am!!

There are other reasons too, but I think this is enough for now.
Old 2007-07-22, 23:45   Link #44
mpt37

I gave it a 6, I know the show isn't pure comedy, but this episode could of used 1 or 2 more funny moments.

Last edited by mpt37; 2007-07-23 at 00:04.
Old 2007-07-23, 07:52   Link #45
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Basically, the appeal of this show is that it knows what it is, and doesn't try to be anything more. It knows it doesn't have an award-winnning plot, it knows it has as much complexity as arithmetic involving single digit numbers, it knows it's little more than shallow fun, but it sticks to its guns and sets out with one intention in mind: to be entertaining. And it achieves it. Fun character interactions, hot-blooded action, light-hearted comedy, there's not much in this that isn't guilty pleasure, but it's extremely well executed guilty pleasure. That's what eventually makes it, at first, redeemable, and then later on extremely enjoyable. It's just a good old-fashioned fun series.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:55   Link #46
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Spoiler for novel:
Old 2007-07-23, 10:42   Link #47
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Spoiler for novel:
Spoiler for novel:
Old 2007-07-23, 14:49   Link #48
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Basically, the appeal of this show is that it knows what it is, and doesn't try to be anything more. It knows it doesn't have an award-winnning plot, it knows it has as much complexity as arithmetic involving single digit numbers, it knows it's little more than shallow fun, but it sticks to its guns and sets out with one intention in mind: to be entertaining. And it achieves it. Fun character interactions, hot-blooded action, light-hearted comedy, there's not much in this that isn't guilty pleasure, but it's extremely well executed guilty pleasure. That's what eventually makes it, at first, redeemable, and then later on extremely enjoyable. It's just a good old-fashioned fun series.
I 2nd that. Its ANIME just go with the flow as I say, can't really expect much.
Old 2007-07-24, 21:31   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really I just felt bad for Henrietta. No doubt she went way too far, and fighting a friend just because your in love isn't something I condone at all. Clearly though she's been hurting ever since the information that Wales was dead reached her. Now with him being brought back from the dead and losing him again....I'm worried about how this is going to affect her.

This time she got to watch him die which has to make a major impact on her. I can understand him wanting her to move on since loving someone who is gone isn't going to help her. Just wonder if she's capable of that. If not what is she going to do from here on? Could things go to the point of her seeking vengance on those who are responsible for his death and bringing him back only to die again?

Suppose on the light hearted side she could take the advice and go after Saito. Anyways will see how things progress from this point on. New guy making the scene so we'll see what kind of role he's going to play.
Old 2007-07-24, 22:31   Link #50
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Definitely enjoyed the 2nd episode, despite the depressing note that it closed on.

Can't wait to watch Episode 3 tomorrow morning. This is turning out really well so far.

Note:

I like how Episode 1 ends with Saito naked and Louise straddling him... And episode 2 opens with them both clothed and fine. And it's morning. LOL Guess Agnes must've waited outside for a looooooong time.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Closed Thread