AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-25, 19:37   Link #121
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I'm on episode 7 and I must say I'm really enjoying it so far. Howard is reeeeaaaally annoying though. >_> The little rich boy needs to be taught a lesson me thinks. ^^;
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 06:27   Link #122
goldenthal

The show has been entertaining so far. But noting that there might be over 50 episodes, do you think that we can have a separate sub-forum just for UPS only?
goldenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 06:52   Link #123
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hor
Spoiler:
some water spoiler info
Spoiler:
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 07:05   Link #124
CPOK
Gun Bunny

I just found this series yesterday and I must say I am hooked. I have seen up to ep. 9 and can't wait for ep. 10 to come out.
CPOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 00:43   Link #125
Sylvanthious

Yay! Episode 10 is OUT let's build us a house home skillets! Woo Hoo!
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 06:13   Link #126
jordanlim4

Can someone tell me what it actually is all abt??.. besides survivors
jordanlim4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 08:48   Link #127
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

To quote (well, translate) the official webpage for the show,
"One day in the 22nd century, seven boys and girls and a cat-shaped robot are abandoned on an uninhabited planet. Their struggle to survive begins.
If you have some idea of what Swiss Family Robinson is about, you're probably not far off the mark.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 09:16   Link #128
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Except there's also the nature themes. This takes place far in the future, with sci-fi appliances and the like -- Earth is long dead from some sort of awful bioligical collapse, brought on by pollution.

All of the characters were raised in space colonies, with artificial air and sun. They crash on a planet similar to Earth, because of a field trip accident, and wash ashore somewhere. Now they have to make the best of things; and there's no reason to expect a rescue.

So seven kids and a robot pet are alone. It doesn't pull any punches -- so expect to see some harsh survival scenes.

Episode Nine:
Spoiler:
davFunereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 12:22   Link #129
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I found episode 10 rather enjoyable. It had some interesting things in it like
Spoiler:

Whoo can't wait for the next episode ^_~
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 12:32   Link #130
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku~ya
I found episode 10 rather enjoyable. It had some interesting things in it like
Spoiler:

Whoo can't wait for the next episode ^_~
Spoiler:

I too am gunning for every new episode of this series. It's my most anticipated and favorite show.
davFunereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 14:19   Link #131
TronDD
Team the box!

I don't like to watch previews for upcomming eps when I plan to watch the show anyway but from the second I saw, it looks like we get some back story for Menori in ep 11. She's my favorite character so I'm psyched.

This the one show this season I look forward to enthusiastically.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 14:24   Link #132
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Can't wait for Menori to get over herself. She seemed to resent being in charge (she had a limited sense of accountability and broke her own rules); lately she's resented letting someone else call the shots. That stuff about "you lowered our morale" in ep. 10 was totally uncalled for; it was saying that kind of thing that bummed everyone out.

Edit: ep. 10 example of ecology theme strengthening. I would not be surprised if they never left this planet they're on, looks a lot better than living in a bubble on some cold rock.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-01-29 at 01:57.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 15:03   Link #133
Diedrupo

I love Menori! Can't explain why. Personally I had no problems with her being in charge, it's usually better to have an authoritarian figure rather than someone who is more relaxed and makes decisions based on her heart instead of what's best (I'm speaking from experience of working in various corporate environments), but given that Luna is the main character, it was just a matter of time that she became the leader.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 17:32   Link #134
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

As a leader, Menori lacks the art of diplomacy or the kind of 'charisma' that 'manipulates' others to listen to her willingly.

Grifis
Old 2004-01-29, 01:36   Link #135
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

I personally have a pretty strong distaste for Menori. Though I presume that has a lot to do with the fact that she's an incorrigible beeyatch at the moment. I have a feeling after she loosens up she'll be a decent member of the cast.

Sadly to say, I don't think anything could ever make me change my loathing of Howard and Sharla. I might get surprised though. Bell's starting to impress me. Sure the characters seem to be taking some predictable progressions personality-wise, but I'll be damned if every episode isn't more entertaining than the one before it. What the HECK is it with this show?!

Episode 11 almost done, and I'm going up a freaking wall here watching the bar fill up on my DL window!
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 02:13   Link #136
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Just watched episode 11.. ^^ That was a pretty good episode. Find out more about Menori. The character I really want to find out more about though is Kaoru. He seems very mysterious indeed. Hope in an episode we'll find out about him. xD
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 02:18   Link #137
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Menori's voice actor is gettin on my nerves now... it never really bothered me b4... but not that she's so bitchy... it's starting to piss me off!

but... to get back on topic... I saw ep 10... and it was good to see Luna's super powers in action!
Old 2004-01-29, 02:47   Link #138
Iron Monkey

Yeah, I really don't like Menori's voice, but the one that annoys me the most is Sharla's. That voice really doesn't fit the character. She sounds like a grown woman, and she delivers her lines like she's just reading it off the page. Plus, Sharla as a character annoys me. I mean:
Spoiler:

Yeah, I hate Howard too, but that's cuz I hate the character itself, not the voice actor. If I were on that island, I'd give Howard a good ol' beat down, just to put him in his place. I'd slap Menori too, just cuz she's such a bitch.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 02:56   Link #139
Sylvanthious

Just watched episode 11 and all I can say is Wowo! It totally ruled, I hope we get kick ass eps like this about all the chars. Some of you were talking about which chars you don't like and to be honest the only one I dont' like is Sharla. Howard is actually a fun character because he's fun to hate and he makes stuff happen. Sharla is just so annoying, can't stand her. Anyways, this series is looking like it's going to be totally awesome, I'm really really getting into it.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 03:47   Link #140
Kay Hearts
Cute ahiru ^v^ *quack*

before ep 11 I also didn´t like Menori´s character but now I kinda understand her ^_^

I don´t actually hate any of the characters, I also find Howard very funny. come on, everything would be so easy without him :P

I don´t mind Sharla´s voice, perhaps I´m tried of always having an all high-pitched voiced cast everywhere that I appreciate this change.
Kay Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote