AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-06, 14:54   Link #41
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwish View Post
I can't believe this. They will pair Miyuki and Natsumi as a shoujo-ai couple. I think it only fanservice since both Miyuki and Natsumi have their boyfriends (I may say that).
Actually, for some reason, a lot of OFFICIAL art features two of them as yuri couple. I never understand that. There is none in the show. Both of them have boyfriends and in good relationships. I don't think this is going to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You know, with all the extra training they've been getting, it's kinda sad that Natsumi and Miyuki are still stuck as traffic cops. And I was under the impression that the transfer Natsumi got at the end of season 2 was permanent too.
That has puzzled me for the longest time. With their excellent skills, they should have secured high rank positions in FBI very easliy. Yet, they are merely a little better than meter maids. Man, they must have owed Tokyo police department a million dollars or had a gruge with the president.

Last edited by guest; 2007-10-06 at 16:19.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:57   Link #42
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
It one of those cliche refuse-promotion-because-they-like-what-they-do-now kind of thing.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 16:19   Link #43
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Send a message via Skype™ to Trance
Can I watch this show starting from this season or do I have to watch the other 2 to understand the story?
Old 2007-10-06, 16:24   Link #44
raideralan

How many fansubs are planning to do this series?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 16:30   Link #45
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Can I watch this show starting from this season or do I have to watch the other 2 to understand the story?
Yes, without any problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
How many fansubs are planning to do this series?
I have no idea.
Old 2007-10-06, 16:35   Link #46
SilentBob
I like corm

Finally some more animated YUA. I liked the previous seasons, I've rewatched them several times.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 16:52   Link #47
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Send a message via Skype™ to Trance
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Yes, without any problem.

I have no idea.
Woot, thanks *Goes to download the episode*
Old 2007-10-06, 17:03   Link #48
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Some group named Naked seems to be subbing it. My group is also about to start on it, name TBA currently we're operating under #yua on rizon. TL is working on the first ep now, and I think we're going to be doing avi's and mkv's.
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 23:11   Link #49
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilveari View Post
I think we're going to be doing avi's and mkv's.
That would be great, as my PC is a relic and cannot handle mkv or mp4.
Old 2007-10-06, 23:48   Link #50
Jimmy C

I hope someone will sub the widescreen version that starts in 3 weeks too.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 08:50   Link #51
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Well Naked Xlation have released episode one:
http://a.scarywater.net/naked/

Hmm mp4 is becoming more popular eh?

I'm going to download it and see how it is. I haven't watched any other YUA titles, is that a bad thing? Is it going to leave me confused?
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 10:07   Link #52
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Well, there are a lot of characters supposed to be known but I don't think it'll hurt not knowing them at first. There is something about Aoi that might seemingly come a bit out of the blue later on. ^___^
Old 2007-10-07, 11:51   Link #53
jenji_00

i hope tokairin will also be in this third series. I absolutely love him!!! he and natsumi make a great couple; i hope they are still together and i want to see more of him
jenji_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:44   Link #54
mdauben

I just watched the first episode (courtesy of Naked fansubs) and I think I'm going to really like this show. Nice blend of characters, action and comedy. Looks like a winner.

In fact, I have never seen any of the previous seasons or OVAs. Just based on this episode, I may have to go back and remedy that ommsion in my anime educaction.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 14:04   Link #55
kujoe
from head to heel

Wait, yuri in YUA?

I have yet to see this actually, but are we referring to it as a "subtext" (in other words: "one wishes it were so" or fanservice, etc.), or as an actual direction in the story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickasl555
I'm going to download it and see how it is. I haven't watched any other YUA titles, is that a bad thing? Is it going to leave me confused?
Not really. If you're interested, all you really need is to read up on some characters or their back stories, but that's about it. There are no major plot twists of the spoiler kind for the most part.

Here's hoping to great car chases in the 3rd season!

Last edited by kujoe; 2007-10-07 at 14:43.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 14:38   Link #56
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Here's hoping to great car chases in the 3rd season!
There was quite a good one in the first episode. Thankfully it wasn't CG; I had feared the animators would succumb to that 'modern' habit. The second half, once Miyuki and Natsumi were paired up again was great to watch. Nostalgic and refreshing at the same time.

I was reading on Catsuka that Norio Matsumoto (legendary animator of the physical form) did the beach volleyball scene in the OP. Which probably explains why it's the best 10s of animation I've seen so far this season...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 04:18   Link #57
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Ha that was pretty satisfying. (Except it seems Saori won't be a regular if at all involved in this). Sweet and still has the feel of innocence and charm and a little bit cliche but everything I want in a YUA series. Got a big grin from watching it.
I like the fact that they actually look a little bit older, particularly the detail around Miyuki's eyes in closeups. Vut the outro was just blatantly playing up to yuri lovers.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 15:36   Link #58
kingofthemoleppl

I can't tell yet if I like the way YUA is going or not. There are a few things I find rather vexing. First being the fact that they still seem to be in different units, Miyuki stuck at the traffic department and Natsumi in the spec ops. I don't think the storytelling is going to work if they are separated. It didn't work in the later episodes of season 2 which were horrible to watch and I never got why Natsumi went to that special tactics team. As far as I perceived it, she never was Rambo.
How old are they supposed to be by now, anyway? At the beginning of YUA I would say around 23, the first season should have been 2 years, some time in between for Saori to graduate and become a policeman, give another year for season two, Miyuki's stay abroad of one year and I would say it's safe to assume they are at least 29 now.
Oh, and can you imagine Miyuki didn't tune and maintain her Today during that year (and making no progress with Ken - that relationship should be dead by now *haha, I just looked at the user above me, love seems to be over here T_T *)? I really hope they manage to amend some things and don't do a series with them completely out of character like the TV specials in which they were quite scary and, erm, evil. At least for me YUA only works with the usual Natsumi/Miyuki combo and them being in the same unit.
Here's to hoping everything pans out but I already now I'll end up watching it unconditionally just because of old times.
kingofthemoleppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 17:20   Link #59
HinaThePrince

orz.

What is with the lame storytelling. Miyuki's behavior is stupid, illogical and out of character. Who the hell cares about this foreign kid. Why is the animation so horrid.

If they brought YUA back just in order to kill it, well, screw Stuido Deen.
Old 2007-10-08, 21:09   Link #60
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

WTH? Miyuki's been the mothering type. Think about what she does in those 20 mins compared to YUA season 1 and 2, I don't know how you could say it's illogical and out of character especially interaction with the kids in season 1, Natsumi's been more of a playmate for kids and Miyuki's been the mum type, see interaction with Maho in particular. YUA has always been pretty clichéd in terms of storytelling (StrikeMan, crazed drivers etc ?!?!?!?!) What were you expecting? YUA has never been a a serious critique of the crimminal justice system or law enforcement. To me it's always been about a pretty dull workplace, FFS they're parking inspectors and them having a little bit of fun, with the occasional "serious" incident in an otherwise dull job.

This is something like the third time that Natsumi's gone to special training. From what I've seen they've gone to separate training but still partners in Bokuto, Miyuki went to profiling training and Natsumi to something akin to SWAT. This isn't uncommon even in RL police forces for partners to go train in different areas or be on secondment for a couple of months. See Aoi's and the Chiefs conversation at around the 9min 30sec mark. Also refer to the calendar that's shown, it clearly implies they were away only temporarily
Spoiler for for those not seen season 1 & 2:

The kid was explained 2/3rd of the way through the first ep. Err they're cops, having a kid being dragged away forcibly in front of you by someone who clearly isn't a friend, relative or guardian warrants a response don't you think, even if you're not a cop and just a normal citizen with any common sense.

I actually think this so far is keeping with the YUA formula so far.

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-10-09 at 01:45.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy