AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-09, 05:35   Link #61
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Well my group is still having TL troubles, we're still searching but if it taes a week or two, we're just going to give up the premieres, and go with the widescreen version.
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 05:58   Link #62
Fei Fong Wong Jr.

What surprises me is that the show has Hideyuki Fukasawa, the composer for Chaos Legion and Shin Onimusha, to work on the music. This was a pleasant surprise for me and I am all set to get the soundtrack if the expectations are fullfilled.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:39   Link #63
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
WTH? Miyuki's been the mothering type. Think about what she does in those 20 mins compared to YUA season 1 and 2, I don't know how you could say it's illogical and out of character especially interaction with the kids in season 1, Natsumi's been more of a playmate for kids and Miyuki's been the mum type, see interaction with Maho in particular.
That's not the problem. What Miyuki did wrong was stealing a person's car, getting rid of the belongings he had kept inside of it and in the end wrecking the car without even giving a shit. And Miyuki didn't even ask what's up when she saw Randy sitting alone at the airport and he simply said "Grandpa isn't coming", she just offered to pick him up. She didn't ask anything about him - doesn't it seem a bit weird that a kid this young is flying on a plane all by himself? What if he ran away from home? What kind of behavior is this?! o_O

Quote:
YUA has always been pretty clichéd in terms of storytelling (StrikeMan, crazed drivers etc ?!?!?!?!)
There were some clichés in the old series, yes, but they were done tastefully. I hardly ever found myself going "wtf is this shit, I've seen it a million times before" while watching the series. Yet in the new series? "I want to be strong to protect those I care about!" "I'll take you to my castle with alll of my friends ))". Christ. I wanted to bang my head against the wall during the whole thing.

Also, StrikeMan isn't a cliché, it's a parody. :|

Quote:
The kid was explained 2/3rd of the way through the first ep. Err they're cops, having a kid being dragged away forcibly in front of you by someone who clearly isn't a friend, relative or guardian warrants a response don't you think, even if you're not a cop and just a normal citizen with any common sense.
When I said "who the hell cares about the kid", I meant the watchers of the series, not the characters. There was nothing interesting about him, he's just a little boy with dead parents we're supposed to go "awww" about.
Old 2007-10-14, 05:51   Link #64
asgiov

The video and audio is out of sync in episode 2 fansub.
Thought I'd post how I fixed this.
JUst start out by going to the FDDshow Mpeg-4 Video Decoder properties.
How you do this depends on the player i guess.
You can usually access it by right clicking on the little 'U' icon thing that pops up when you play the video.
In Zoom player you can right click in the video and click on 'filter properties' on the drop down menu to get to it.
Anyways once you get to it, on the left side scroll all the way down to 'miscellaneous' and click on that to highlight it and bring up the misc menu.

on the bottom of the misc menu you should see 'Other controls' and in that 'Video Delay'
In the field right next to 'constant' put in 1950 and then just click apply. Syncs up the video and sound nicely by delaying the video about 2 secs.
asgiov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 06:04   Link #65
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Hmm

Eh, Probably be better to wait for a v2 ^^

Thanks for the info though, for people who can't wait XD
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 06:11   Link #66
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@HinaThePrince - I'm with hobbes_fan on it being bang on YUA.

On another point, I boggled when I read the word yuri in the YUA thread.... The only hint of yuri has been when Yoriko assults Aoi when she is drunk and I don't think that can be classed as yuri no matter how pretty Aoi is.
Old 2007-10-14, 08:54   Link #67
atividia

Naked fansubs' second ep is nuked. Sound is delayed by 2 seconds. In MPC, setting the audio shift in the audio switcher under Options to -2000ms should fix it.
atividia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 09:07   Link #68
kingofthemoleppl

I'm trying to set the audio shift but mpc seems to keep defying me. Anything I put there, audio timing stays the same. Just my luck!
kingofthemoleppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 09:38   Link #69
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Audio is in sync in my mplayer, but jumping forward in the episode leads to a few seconds of blur until the picture has fully build up again. That happend already in ep 1. Problems with the reference frames is my non-expert guess.

DAFT's version on the other hand ate up all my resources within seconds when I tried to play it but I could fix that choosing another video output driver on the command line.

*sigh* This anime is cursed it seems.
Old 2007-10-14, 10:07   Link #70
grey_moon

MPC with the latest K-Lite codecs is buggered with the audio, but fine with VLC and Total Video Player. Also fine in OpenSuSE 10.3 totem and MPlayer.

I'm glad it works in most of my other players as I am really enjoying seeing the YUA crew again. Just a shame the screen save kicked in forcing me to get out of bed!

*EDIT*

Just tried it in Media Player 9 which will use the K-Lite codecs and that works fine. No problems with the audio or fast forwarding etc, looks like a MPC specific issue.
Old 2007-10-14, 10:48   Link #71
guess

I would like to watch it with remote so I usually use MCE and MediaProtal. They all have this audio out of sync problem. How can I fix it?
Old 2007-10-14, 11:08   Link #72
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I would like to watch it with remote so I usually use MCE and MediaProtal. They all have this audio out of sync problem. How can I fix it?
Can't help you to fix it, but I can confirm it is broken in my MCE2005 and in WMP10.
Old 2007-10-14, 12:12   Link #73
kingofthemoleppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthemoleppl View Post
I'm trying to set the audio shift but mpc seems to keep defying me.
Maybe I should have checked the internal filter for MP4/MOV. fu fu fu
kingofthemoleppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 22:42   Link #74
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
actually using two seconds, the delay still sort of bothered me. I use mclassic, with -1500 shift on the audio. With my shift, the mouths stop moving when they stop talking
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:00   Link #75
Jimmy C

In my case, it played fine on mpc on one machine, but the audio was desynched on mpc on another.
Jimmy C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:57   Link #76
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I'm glad to see another YUA. Belldandy is said to be the most beautiful character animated. But I crown Miyuki Kobayakawa that title. The yuri ending sequences are a little...provocative. But like all other Studio Deen animations, I dig this one quite a bit. Hopefully, we'll have even more development between Miyuki and Ken as a couple. YUA2 ended...well, mildly disappointing but at least on a high note! I hope to see a continuation of where that left off. However, Toukairin is missing. He's just gotta return.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 05:03   Link #77
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

@hina
It's called suspending your disbelief. You are watching an anime. FFS sake you're willing to ignore the fact that a 40 kg Japanese woman can open a car door stick her legs out and be an effective braking mechanism for a speeding car and numerous other things throughout YUA. Yet you'll nitpick everything else. WOW just wow. I have nothing else I can say. I'm just dumbfounded. We must be watching different YUA franchises.

I'd also like to confirm at this point in time that the ep 2 has audio sync issues. I've managed to fix it by remuxing the streams into an mkv with audio set at -1000 and the video at 24fps (or was it 25? anyways the total vid time should be around 24:28) using mkvmerge and YAMB. It's pretty close to perfectly matching up in most scenes, it's about as close as I could get without going into some serious timing which I have NFI to do.

EDIT: Ok this was another typical YUA episode IMO, warm and fuzzy. At least if Randy shows up in future episodes there's a little bit of background on him. I never really knew how Maho and the other kids got to be so close to Miyuki and Natsumi. So I'm cool with this. I'm looking very forward to episode 3. It seems that this will kick off the humour component of YUA: FT

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-10-15 at 09:40.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 08:26   Link #78
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
@hina
It's called suspending your disbelief. You are watching an anime. FFS sake you're willing to ignore the fact that a 40 kg Japanese woman can open a car door stick her legs out and be an effective braking mechanism for a speeding car and numerous other things throughout YUA. Yet you'll nitpick everything else.
...God. Excuse me as I bang my head against the wall and try to think of a suitable comment for this load of bull that just spurted out of your keyboard.

Okay.

Natsumi is unnaturally strong. We know this. It is exaggerated, yes, because not everything in anime reflects our reality.

However. There is a big difference between a character's strength, which is an ability, and a character's behavior. The characters in YUA have always acted like people, with defined characteristics and ideals. This, of course, also goes for Miyuki. As a police officer and a person with morals, it makes no sense that she will do the things stated in my last post. It contradicts her personality. If you can't see that, then yes, your version of YUA is very different to mine. Yours is shit. Mine is not. End discussion.
Old 2007-10-15, 08:44   Link #79
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
...God. Excuse me as I bang my head against the wall and try to think of a suitable comment for this load of bull that just spurted out of your keyboard.

Okay.

Natsumi is unnaturally strong. We know this. It is exaggerated, yes, because not everything in anime reflects our reality.

However. There is a big difference between a character's strength, which is an ability, and a character's behavior. The characters in YUA have always acted like people, with defined characteristics and ideals. This, of course, also goes for Miyuki. As a police officer and a person with morals, it makes no sense that she will do the things stated in my last post. It contradicts her personality. If you can't see that, then yes, your version of YUA is very different to mine. Yours is shit. Mine is not. End discussion.

How many time dose this happen in movies, TV, other anime, etc? Man I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen government official take cars to engage in high speed pursuits/escape and then wreck them. It’s a cliché I suppose, but frankly whining about it strikes me as nitpicky at best. What do you want a scene where they show her discussing with him how to file his insurance claim after the car chase? Or maybe you’d prefer they dedicated episode two to a civil lawsuit over the matter? Yes it would probably NEVER happen in real life, but then again 99.9% of real cops don’t stumble upon attempted kidnapping in progress either.

Plus it’s only logical one guy was after him it’s hard to say how many more could be around (could be one could be 10 more in the crowd) and running away with a little kid in toe on foot from fully grown men is a losing proposition. So you’ve gotta make a call let them have the kid and try to escape yourself to report it or jack some form of transport, breaking the law, but preventing a larger breech. Allowances for such are made in law under Duress and Necessity, that covers things like breaking into private property to help someone in distress, using force that might normally be classed as assault (grappling, striking) to subdue a felon or stop a crime, etc and is based on the principle that laws ought to promote greater social values over lesser ones and sometimes promoting those might violate the letter, but no the spirit of law.

Stealing the car violated the letter of the law, but it upheld the purpose and spirit of laws which is promote positive values by preventing a far more serious crime. Further if the car had survived we have every reason to believe it would have been returned to it’s owner in due course.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-10-15 at 08:56.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 09:28   Link #80
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Oh My Oh my spouting of about moralistic ideals in a light comedy that never in its history attempted to be anything more than a light and fun story. Hmm morals and duty eh? Natsumi's shown up to work drunk how many times on her Moto Compo? On the spot dismissal in all jobs. Let alone for traffic cops. Or are you going to write that off as an ability? It's dangerous, illegal and unethical. How many times have Natsumi and Miyuki misused police surveillance equipment for personal use? Or is that an ability as well? Instant dismissal in police forces. Unethical and illegal as well. How many times has Miyuki been a party to Natsumi racing down the hills on her bike? Dangerous and illegal as well. How many times have they assaulted persons in custody? Unethical and illegal. And you have the audacity to call my post bullshit. Wow, just fucking wow. You're confusing You're Under Arrest with Law and Order. Have you noticed you're the only one bitching about this by the way? You'll probably spout off some more nonsense in order to justify yourself . But I look forward to shooting those down as well. Thank you come again. Have an nice day.

comments re: raws deleted from previous post

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-10-15 at 09:41.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy