AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 47 26.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 69 39.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 5.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-22, 14:13   Link #361
Seska

It could be a Trap, you saw some Yomas, that Clare took care of?. Perhaps they was the Bait for the Task force...
Old 2007-07-22, 14:19   Link #362
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

It was a trap. I bet Riful ploted this in order for the village to send a group of claymores. She wanted the claymore, why not lure them?

I think it´s logical. The Org probably swallowed the hook for Gold.
Old 2007-07-22, 14:21   Link #363
Echoes

I too, hold that conviction. I don't believe it to be a set-up by the organization, because it seems that'd be a overly complicated way of getting rid of them.
Old 2007-07-22, 17:00   Link #364
ArmisaelXVIII

Probably, after all is she is looking for awakened ones, her only source is the organization itself. She has to lure or hunt Claymores. It's even possible that the awakened that jean and her team were sent to kill actually did exist, but was killed by Riful for being too weak.

Old 2007-07-22, 19:21   Link #365
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Hmm, I prefer to think Dauf was the bait
any previous 'presence' of an AO would lead to a earlier request from the town
(it seemed rich enough, and probably want to keep it that way, yoma hurt trade)
It would be more obvious for Riful to simply pick a location where she was sure to get
attention and wouldn't have to wait months for the townspeople to cough up the fee for the org

But I wonder how they assessed the threat, do they send a "Yoki-reading" Claymore
like Galatea to find out if it's an AO, or do they simply send a Low # and only if it gets killed
investigate a little further?
(then again, if #47 can take out several Yomas without getting killed, any single claymore buying it
would mean a Yoma infestation or AO, hence the need for a huntingparty)
Old 2007-07-22, 21:50   Link #366
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

They may also use eyewitness reports, if their are any survivors. If it's fifteen feet tall and has six arms, it's not a normal Yoma.
Another simple way for the org to suspect an awakened bieng or group. How much it eats. In fact that was why Claire thought it was an awakened in the cathedreal, it was eating more than it should have.
Old 2007-07-22, 23:04   Link #367
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
They may also use eyewitness reports, if their are any survivors. If it's fifteen feet tall and has six arms, it's not a normal Yoma.
Could they determine it from the amount of bounty a village is willing to put up? The bigger the bounty, the larger the problem and hence a higher chance of encountering a AO??

Just speculation on my part..

Mello Forever ...
Old 2007-07-23, 13:17   Link #368
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Another simple way for the org to suspect an awakened bieng or group. How much it eats. In fact that was why Claire thought it was an awakened in the cathedreal, it was eating more than it should have.
I guess the number of victims is the only evidence in that case, since yoma don't make it
a habit running around town in their sunday's best

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycen View Post
Could they determine it from the amount of bounty a village is willing to put up? The bigger the bounty, the larger the problem and hence a higher chance of encountering a AO??

Just speculation on my part..
I think the org sets the price, the richer the town, the higher the fee
if priority was a matter of "offers", most small towns and villages would have been wiped out long
before the org would send a Claymore, and only the large towns/capitals would survvive
Old 2007-07-23, 17:00   Link #369
ArmisaelXVIII

I think they have a standard of prices.

Teresa once said that the villagers of a city wouldn't have to pay extra for the seventh youma that was out of request.

Old 2007-07-23, 22:36   Link #370
Guido

Scene 16 - The Witch's Maw, Part II

Sorry to break up the current discussion, it's just that I have been neglecting my thoughts for this episode to post them out.

Good grief, that I've made in time before tomorrow when that would be the next episode airing.

I have also to concede that I got issues regarding the animation quality. Several shots here and there were off and made the characters' faces look bizarre.

Oh, well! This was a gorgeous and punching episode.
Spoiler:

Indeed a good episode, though Clare was really frightening everytime that she hears about Priscilla.
Spoiler:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-23 at 23:50. Reason: spoiler deleted
Old 2007-07-24, 02:27   Link #371
Mandrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmisaelXVIII View Post

Teresa once said that the villagers of a city wouldn't have to pay extra for the seventh youma that was out of request.

I think if the claymore kills a target out of the request, it can be called a service, and do not have to pay for it.
Old 2007-07-29, 08:22   Link #372
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmisaelXVIII View Post

I believe what you talking about was that another village had hire her to kill the Yoma that were hiding in that village. The Yoma didn't attack any of the local but rather went to near by village to feed. The request was from another village therefor they didn't have to paid.