AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-18, 13:24   Link #21
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

The most disappointing event?

That would be Chouji surviving after such a grand death scene. I donīt ever think his character will do anything grand to be rememberd by the readers but such a deathscene would have been. It really moved me but by having him survive it was all nullified.

And in some ways I think itīs disappointing that Naruto gets to be friends with everyone he meets that except the bad guys. I liked the beginning of the story when people were suspicious, and some even felt hatred, towards him. It feels so inconcistent that people generally doesnīt seem to be suspicious towards him anymore. Did Kishi just forget about that?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:12   Link #22
Obito Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
The most disappointing event?

That would be Chouji surviving after such a grand death scene. I donīt ever think his character will do anything grand to be rememberd by the readers but such a deathscene would have been. It really moved me but by having him survive it was all nullified.

And in some ways I think itīs disappointing that Naruto gets to be friends with everyone he meets that except the bad guys. I liked the beginning of the story when people were suspicious, and some even felt hatred, towards him. It feels so inconcistent that people generally doesnīt seem to be suspicious towards him anymore. Did Kishi just forget about that?

I noticed that too..a couple years back he was a demon child...Now oh thats Naruto Uzumaki es one fine Ninja representing our village.
Obito Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 21:49   Link #23
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstwrld View Post
The biggest problem is the lack of detail for anything thats not immediate to the story. Most of the ninja villages are unkown, more than half the cast is cannon fodder, the jinchuuriki/bijuu seem interesting but have been regulated to single panel death scenes, medical ninja, non-ninja folk, ANBU, etc.
What he said.

On a related note in several ways, the Yugito debacle

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 22:41   Link #24
ghstwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
What he said.

On a related note in several ways, the Yugito debacle
Agreed. How do you let all of this smexiness go to waste?

ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 01:11   Link #25
Rachy
Disabled By Request

The whole Hidan vs Shikamaru fight.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 02:25   Link #26
Hir0

lol i liked the Shika Vs Hidan Fight, i didnt see anything wrong with it

But definately Asuma's Death. That was way too random. If he died doing something else more important instead of hunting akatsuki.
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 02:36   Link #27
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Discounting the current unreleased chapter.. I said any reversed death is a dissappointing event for me.. so that include Chouji and Neji in Rescue Sasuke arc and Gaara

As much as I love Gaara, he should have stay dead
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 03:04   Link #28
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-19, 03:07   Link #29
2Fang
The Korean Hybrid

Asuma's death no doubt.
2Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 09:26   Link #30
razor886
Blood Angel

Quote:
Well not sure but I think the 4th or 3rd told people not to tell anyone about the kyuubi... As you see Naruto's generation didn't even know about the kyuubi... Sasuke just found out about it in shippuuden
razor886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 20:44   Link #31
gencbiba

Can I say the whole title itself? I mean, judging from all of these different posts, you can tell Naruto is a total disappointment without even reading or watching. Unfortunately I have... bah. If only there was... character development...

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 01:39   Link #32
inyourmamabed
Yourmama

THe most dissappointing event in naruto. Is when tenten was born. She suck hard..................lol
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 04:02   Link #33
Ulquiorra
Espada

Part I: Chouji and Neji living. Their characters have no point now. Part 2: Gaara living. His death would have given Part 2 a much darker tone. Sasuke vs. Deidara and Naruto vs. Kakuzu. Enough said. Deidara and Kakuzu deserved better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual View Post
Shikamaru beating an Akatsuki on his own.
This is freaking crazy, makes them look like garbage.

Mirtual
Are we just reading the story now? Did we happen to miss the entire Sakura helping to beat Sasori chapters? Shikamaru has more ability than her. If Shikamaru is suppose to be an uber genius hokage candidate than there is no reason he couldn't beat a guy with an IQ of a chimp when he has knowledge of his abilities. With those two filler chuunin, and a broken down Asuma, Shikamaru had stupid Hidan beat the first time before Kakuzu had to step in.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 06:38   Link #34
MonkeyKingEnma

There are two scenes which were a real disappointment to me:

Asuma's character and death
The only things he has shown in the whole series were a little kawarima action during the chuunin exam, a katon jutsu against hidan and of course his wind knifes.
I have to admit that his first battle against the sound shinobi to save shikamaru was the one I liked best, event though he didn't show much techniques.
By far worse was the fight he put on against hidan, he just seemed helpless there, no surprising techniques or counter tactics. Being the son of Sandaime I expected him at least to be able to summon Enma or other monkeys to aid him in his battle. I don't have any problem with Asuma dying and the whole shikamaru revenge event afterwards, but the way he died just made me wonder what qualities made him a jounin.

Oro's "death"
Imo the coolest villain I've ever seen get's his ass handed to him by his arrogant sharingan apprentice. The transformation to the big white snake just didn't fit and although being weak and sick because of staying in his body too long he got nothing but owned by sasuke. I still have hopes that he comes back in one way or the other.
Old 2007-07-20, 07:08   Link #35
razor886
Blood Angel

Why do people keep saying about Deidara, Tobi and Oro's death... These guys might still have chances to live... We just don't koe...
Old 2007-07-20, 07:40   Link #36
Inferied

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Can I say the whole title itself? I mean, judging from all of these different posts, you can tell Naruto is a total disappointment without even reading or watching. Unfortunately I have... bah. If only there was... character development...
How many episodes have you seen/read?

Actually, Naruto has the best character development I have ever seen in any fictional work - only problem that it's long.
If you have seen most of non-filler eps, I would like you to recommend me something with better character development...

Back to the topic:
The whole Rescue Gaara arc seemed meaningless to me. Nothing happened, and we haven't even seen him after it. Not just disappointing, it was worst arc in Naruto.
Inferied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:48   Link #37
razor886
Blood Angel

Hey man if there wasn't any Gaara arc we couldn't have seen any Deidara vs Gaara or Sasori vs Chiyo and Sakura... The latter was one of the best fights I've seen in Naruto

Btw the filler arcs was the WORST!!!
Old 2007-07-20, 08:09   Link #38
Kazidoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferied View Post
How many episodes have you seen/read?

Actually, Naruto has the best character development I have ever seen in any fictional work - only problem that it's long.
If you have seen most of non-filler eps, I would like you to recommend me something with better character development...

Back to the topic:
The whole Rescue Gaara arc seemed meaningless to me. Nothing happened, and we haven't even seen him after it. Not just disappointing, it was worst arc in Naruto.
I have to agree with him and I've seen over 90% of the episodes. As for a recommendation, may I suggest almost every other manga in existence? Even DBZ's Vegeta has more character development than most Naruto characters... but on topic, I cant chose one moment so here's my list.

1. "I'm going to become Hokage so everyone respects me!" The flaw with this goal becomes more and more apparent over time. At the beginning Naruto is the "demon brat" but as time passes everyone gets friendlier to him. The post time skip "It's good to see you again Naruto" comes to mind. It should have been "Damn it, the demon is back!" but it seems Kishimoto forgot that little detail. Whoops.

2. Chouji and Neji surviving when they should have died and becoming worthless characters.

3. Kage Bunshin no Jutsu! Geez, use another move. In fact, I think this move was a bad concept from the start. The real Naruto is always last and after you see 100 Naruto's get easily defeated by an enemy how can a single one make it? It's as if a hundred Goku's were crushed and then the real one used a kamehameha and won. Lame. Which brings me to another point...

4. Rasengan. Which was followed by a bigger Rasengan. And then another Rasengan!

5. Pointless character we don't know much about (Asuma) dies and the author makes a big deal out of it.

6. Gaara. Need I say more?

7. Orochimaru, the main bad guy who was a big deal for over half the manga is effortlessly defeated.

8. "We don't have enough people. We need our best Jounins patrolling our borders. So it's up to you guys to fight the most dangerous criminal organization." Let's see some originality please.

And this is off the top of my head...
Kazidoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 08:15   Link #39
razor886
Blood Angel

Ok if you hate everything about the show please stop watching/reading it
Old 2007-07-20, 09:46   Link #40
Rezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazidoom View Post
1. "I'm going to become Hokage so everyone respects me!" The flaw with this goal becomes more and more apparent over time. At the beginning Naruto is the "demon brat" but as time passes everyone gets friendlier to him. The post time skip "It's good to see you again Naruto" comes to mind. It should have been "Damn it, the demon is back!" but it seems Kishimoto forgot that little detail. Whoops.
Well... Naruto suposedely aquired the respect of Konoha in part 1. Be it by showing mental estability during his figth in the Chunin exam or by acting like a normal kid. He doesnīt need to be hokage anymore.

I agree that it would be best for Naruto to face discrimination still, but thatīs not the patch the author choose. Itīs not so bad, but letīs hope Naruto lose control over the Kyube, so he ends up facing discrimination again.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote