AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-18, 22:46   Link #121
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
I have no idea why you people think this story is going to end soon.
-Because the Akatsuki Organization is losing members faster than the Stock Market crash of 1929.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 22:46   Link #122
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
I have no idea why you people think this story is going to end soon.
cos kishi said that the naruto is not a long story,correct me if i am wrong[this was somewhere in the interview where he talks about sasuke]

wats up with the AL pic,i hope thats real.If tobi gonna fight sasuke next,its better that the fight not gonna be interuppted
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 22:53   Link #123
EvolutionXI
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Because the Akatsuki Organization is losing members faster than the Stock Market crash of 1929.
But if you look back, only about half of them have died (Sasori, Hidan, Kakuzu, Deidara, Tobi [assuming it's true, which I doubt it is]), still leaving Zetsu, Itachi, Kisame, Pein, AL, the new unknown commander, and an unfinished Orochimaru bit. With background relating to at least a few of them, the lead-ups to the battles, and the battles themselves, that's still quite a bit to go.
EvolutionXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:12   Link #124
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionXI View Post
But if you look back, only about half of them have died (Sasori, Hidan, Kakuzu, Deidara, Tobi [assuming it's true, which I doubt it is]), still leaving Zetsu, Itachi, Kisame, Pein, AL, the new unknown commander, and an unfinished Orochimaru bit. With background relating to at least a few of them, the lead-ups to the battles, and the battles themselves, that's still quite a bit to go.
-That may be so but look at it this way: how fast are they being wasted by the protagonists in the storyline? Within a span of about 20(+/-) chapters, they lost 3 members (4 if you believe Tobi's death to be genuine). Regardless of their longevity I am rather excited that we get to see Pein and the Akatsuki Leader in full. Something tells me they'll outlast any other member thus far (excluding Itachi of course). Although this worries me since this pair looks like they mean busines and they may be the one's to actually capture Naruto...
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:16   Link #125
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
cos kishi said that the naruto is not a long story,correct me if i am wrong[this was somewhere in the interview where he talks about sasuke]

wats up with the AL pic,i hope thats real.If tobi gonna fight sasuke next,its better that the fight not gonna be interuppted
I don't remember him saying it was going short...so far he has said he has alot planned for naruto and the other teams as well as saying he's almost half-way through, which sadly so far Kishimoto hasn't exactly done much with the other teams...I wouldn't be surprised if he ended Naruto for a little while and than has another major timeskip and continue from there, similar to Gantz and maybe even more similar to how Toriyama did DB and DBZ...I think he may be trying to end this segment of Naruto soon since it seems Akatsuki is getting killed off pretty quick, although I have to agree with some of the others that Kish. seems to be expanding Naruto...which fit into my theory that Kish. may take an extended break from Naruto fairly soon...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:20   Link #126
Sinaura
Fat Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
OMG thanks for ruining the allure, mystery, and badassery of the "AL" Kishi! GOSH!!! Wait all this time to see what this unknown enigma can do only to find out he is just someone else's subordinate. Honestly, I wouldn't mind this if it was revealed much later after the AL's real introduction, say after he's literally beat to a pulp by our heroes, but no, at the same exact time we get to finally see the AL! Sad, truly sad. Gotta read it for myself.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:22   Link #127
ghstwrld
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Does anyone else feel like kishimoto has no idea what he's doing? Naruto always had a haphazard quality, but now more so than usual. He introduces new plot points at the most inoppurtune moments, long standing plot threads are concluded with little to no pay off (how the hell do you kill off oro and have no reaction reaction from jiraiya or tsunade, the sai/danzou debacle), etc.

Basically, shit happens.

Last edited by ghstwrld; 2007-07-18 at 23:48.
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:26   Link #128
BlackShinobi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
So 4 tail naruto will still lose?
Lets not forget Sasuke can now surpress the fox chakra. Naruto transformations are out of the question, at least when fighting Sasuke anyway.

-On topic-
I agree with the posters who say Kishi is losing his mind with this latest chapter. The introduction of AL and the unknown member (Im not refering to her by the name given by the spoiler because until I read the chapter for myself I still consider this "confirmed spoiler" BS) seems very random and out of place at this poit in the manga since we were right in the middle of the concluding Sasuke and Deidara fight. However, the fact that he's throwing so much at us all at once may imply he's really trying to wrap up the series as fast as he can. I don't understand why he would do such a thing though. As popular as Naruto is he must be raking in the money. If I were him i would milk this serious for every last drop I could get.
__________________
Minato Namizake ~ Formerly known as...

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-07-19 at 11:51.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:49   Link #129
Sinaura
Fat Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Lets not forget Sasuke can now surpress the fox chakra. Naruto transformations are a out of the question, at least when fighting Sasuke anyway.
Suppress the kyuubi chakra before it ever emerges, but what about when the chakra is already leaked out? That's the question. It's very unlikely that once Kyuubi takes full control of Naruto, Sasuke could just merely genjutsu his way in and do what he did to kyuubi way back when, before naruto allowed it to take control. Then again, Kishi's crazy about Sasuke, so w/e.

................Sasuke using a genjutsu to get inside Manda like he did with Naruto huh? Sounds extremely deus ex machina, but we've seen plenty of that now haven't we. Sad that such an awesome char like Diedra has to die, but it was inevitable.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 00:17   Link #130
prolifik
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Maybe with all of the recent deaths of Akatsuki members, Kishi is trying to show that they weren't meant to be the end all be all villians for the manga like we thought they were. The only reason why we may have thought they were supposed to be bad asses is because we were looking at them through the eyes of shinobi that were much lesser than them at that time. (eg. Rookie 9-Genins, Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai-Elite Jounins)

I know that some people may try to refute this by mentioning Jiraiya, but they recgnized his skill and took some precautions accordingly.

Now that everyone has significantly raised their level, the members of Akatsuki don't seem as overpowered, because they are closer to the same level or they have huge advantages in their favor (eg. Shikamaru-Week worth of planning, His intelligence, Sakura-Chiyo).

Of course Itachi and Kisame are still some of the main villians along with maybe the real AL and Kabuchimaru.
__________________
Gaara: My sand defense is inpenetrable! No one has ever broken through it! You will die!

(Sasuke uses Chidori)

Gaara: WTF?!
prolifik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 00:18   Link #131
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
Suppress the kyuubi chakra before it ever emerges, but what about when the chakra is already leaked out? That's the question. It's very unlikely that once Kyuubi takes full control of Naruto, Sasuke could just merely genjutsu his way in and do what he did to kyuubi way back when, before naruto allowed it to take control. Then again, Kishi's crazy about Sasuke, so w/e.

................Sasuke using a genjutsu to get inside Manda like he did with Naruto huh? Sounds extremely deus ex machina, but we've seen plenty of that now haven't we. Sad that such an awesome char like Diedra has to die, but it was inevitable.
Lol yeah....Naruto would totally owned by Sasuke right now. Even if he were to use his wind rasengan attack, I doubt Naruto would be able to be fast enough to land it.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 00:37   Link #132
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
Lol yeah....Naruto would totally owned by Sasuke right now. Even if he were to use his wind rasengan attack, I doubt Naruto would be able to be fast enough to land it.
Can he even use the wind rasengan? He doesn't want to kill Sasuke. Just make him see the light.

So he can't even use his best jutsu.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 00:39   Link #133
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Can he even use the wind rasengan? He doesn't want to kill Sasuke.

So he can't even use his best jutsu.
If that is his best jutsu. He still has "that" jutsu. If its even still there.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 01:05   Link #134
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura
Suppress the kyuubi chakra before it ever emerges, but what about when the chakra is already leaked out? That's the question. It's very unlikely that once Kyuubi takes full control of Naruto, Sasuke could just merely genjutsu his way in and do what he did to kyuubi way back when, before naruto allowed it to take control. Then again, Kishi's crazy about Sasuke, so w/e.
There isn't much difference. As long as the chakra is being leaked through the seal to naruto it can be cut off which is what Sasuke did really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe
Can he even use the wind rasengan? He doesn't want to kill Sasuke. Just make him see the light.

So he can't even use his best jutsu.
Neither of them want to kill one another.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 02:57   Link #135
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Best. Manga. episode. Ever.

This brings the myth of the AL = Yondaime to an end!

Praise Kishi!
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 04:07   Link #136
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by prolifik View Post
Maybe with all of the recent deaths of Akatsuki members, Kishi is trying to show that they weren't meant to be the end all be all villians for the manga like we thought they were. The only reason why we may have thought they were supposed to be bad asses is because we were looking at them through the eyes of shinobi that were much lesser than them at that time. (eg. Rookie 9-Genins, Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai-Elite Jounins)

I know that some people may try to refute this by mentioning Jiraiya, but they recgnized his skill and took some precautions accordingly.

Now that everyone has significantly raised their level, the members of Akatsuki don't seem as overpowered, because they are closer to the same level or they have huge advantages in their favor (eg. Shikamaru-Week worth of planning, His intelligence, Sakura-Chiyo).

Of course Itachi and Kisame are still some of the main villians along with maybe the real AL and Kabuchimaru.

Wrong. I see them as bad asses because they do breaking and entering, kidnapping, child abuse, murder, and pretty much get away with it before anyone dies. And plus they are S-Ranked criminals, obvious that they are on a higher level no matter which ninja you compare too. Despite Kage or anbu.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 05:45   Link #137
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rave View Post
There isn't much difference. As long as the chakra is being leaked through the seal to naruto it can be cut off which is what Sasuke did really.
Lets not even go there Rave, and turn this in to a Naruto vs Sasuke fight. As far as we know about what Sasuke did, which is basically nothing but assumptions. You can say all you want about what Sasuke did, but until we really truly know what he did, Sasuke did nothing. There is also the factor, that Naruto him self was rejecting / resisting the Kyubi / Kyubi's Chakra at the time, no one knows what it would be like if Naurto accepted with open arms. So no one really knows what happened there, hence we can't just assume Sasuke can blow out a 4 tail Naruto like you blow out a candle.

In any cause, there has been allot of posts recently about how Naruto wont stand a chance against Sasuke at this point and time, and if he did beat him it would be plot device, or Sasuke would be dumbed down. I would have to agree, however the point is exactly that. Naruto vs Sasuke wont happen for a long time, heck that might be a understatement because not only is there a possibility that it will not happen till the end of the Naruto Manga. There is a good possibility, the fight wont happen at all (as for the reasons, there are so many, allot of them deal with the fans), or a "Real Fight" will never happen between Naruto and Sasuke unless Sasuke becomes an absolute villain with no turning back, and Naruto throws out everything and they really try to kill each other.

In other words because at this point neither of them want to kill each other a "Real Fight" is highly unlikely, if Naruto vs. Sasuke ever takes place there will be allot of things that will come in to play which will determine if the fight was legit or not. I wouldn’t consider it a real fight unless they both threw away their "feelings for each other" and the whole "I will bring you back crap" and just acknowledged each other as superior shinobi and fought on equal grounds. Anything other then that, you can pretty much consider the fight as nothing but two friends making up, holding back mutually, ending with a draw or something of its kind.
__________________
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 05:55   Link #138
FireDetei
Online Gamer.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Remembering that manga dark = black and light = white.......Yeah so AL and Naruto "look" alike, but remember how Karin and Sasuke looked alike? then when the coloured pics were given, Karin = purple and sauke = black haired, tho from the manga they were both shown as dark.

AL is a redhead for a start, naruto is a blonde =/
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 09:00   Link #139
SamuraiX
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bahamas
Send a message via MSN to SamuraiX
Well I cant really remember but wasnt the Wind Rasengan still incomplete?
SamuraiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 09:10   Link #140
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Yes, its about half complete.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.