AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-07-18, 16:53   Link #1
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Showtime's Dexter is the best show on television.

Well besides The Office.

Please tell me some people have watched this show on here? Short summary.

Michael C. Hall (David in HBO's Six Feet Under which is another great show btw.) plays Dexter Morgan who is a blood spatter detective In Miami. He is also a cereal killer who only preys on murderers. The show follows Dexter as he puts on a mask and tries to lead as normal a life as possible, while still feeding his insatiable appetite to kill people.

It's quite entertaining. One season has already aired and I believe the dvds come out in a month or so. Season two will air in sept, but some episodes leaked on the net already. Don't ask me where.

Here is Showtimes Offical page

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

Their are also books, sadly I haven't read any yet.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:06   Link #2
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Can't wait for it to come back. It felt so short

I really like Dexter because of the storyline, I haven't seen anything like it. Dexter is such an interesting character.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:38   Link #3
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

I've heard a lot about it. I'll give it a watch soon. Storyline seems interesting
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:40   Link #4
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander View Post
Can't wait for it to come back. It felt so short

I really like Dexter because of the storyline, I haven't seen anything like it. Dexter is such an interesting character.

That's exactly how I felt. Nothing else really like it on tv that I've ever seen. Dexter is an amazing character and Micheal Hall does an outstanding job bringing him to life.
Old 2007-07-18, 19:14   Link #5
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

He makes a perfect Dexter.

You can dig Dexter for his vigilante super hero side or you can dig Dexter for his ice cold killer side. It's a rare combination, and it makes it hard not to like him.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 20:11   Link #6
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

Dexter is your typical television protagonist, do you think he's more interesting because he's a sociopath?

There are so many better shows out there, like Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, The Tudors, or Doctor Who. :|
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:44   Link #7
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustianideals View Post
Dexter is your typical television protagonist, do you think he's more interesting because he's a sociopath?

There are so many better shows out there, like Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, The Tudors, or Doctor Who. :|
I don't really know about typical but yes being a sociopath does make him more interesting.

I've heard of all those shows except Doctor Who, Eureka is probably the only one I'd watch.
Old 2007-07-19, 00:54   Link #8
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
i love the show, i got to meet dexter at the K-1 dynamite here in Los Angeles.

i have the first 2 eps of the new season that leaked, but i havnt watched then yet.
Old 2007-07-19, 02:46   Link #9
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
i love the show, i got to meet dexter at the K-1 dynamite here in Los Angeles.

i have the first 2 eps of the new season that leaked, but i havnt watched then yet.
Assuming no more episodes leak I wanna tell you not to watch them. Reason being is because they are so damn good and the 3rd episode doesn't air until october.
Old 2007-07-19, 03:05   Link #10
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
watched them both, couldnt help myself....first ep of the new season will blow you away.
Old 2007-10-15, 22:23   Link #11
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Episode 3 was .

I really like that they introduced a new possible love interest for Dexter as well. I mean who knows how possibly crazy this woman is or if she's the same as Dex for that matter. Maybe she'll end up getting obsessed with Dex and try to off Rita!

And I just love how sgt Doakes is such a persistent bastard! But looks like he may lay off a little now after finding Dex in the rehab center.
Old 2007-10-15, 22:58   Link #12
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustianideals View Post

I agree i will watch Battlestar Galactica any day, or House (cant live with out this show)

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 23:43   Link #13
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso View Post
I agree i will watch Battlestar Galactica any day, or House (cant live with out this show)
Oh god, have you seen the Razor flashblacks on the BSG website? They are amazing. I can't wait for the premiere of the new season..
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 20:13   Link #14
Tommy
Mr. Prince

OMFG episode 7!

I OWN YOU!

Spoiler for Dexter being a badass.:

Shit is seriously going to hit the fan next episode! I can't wait!
Old 2008-03-17, 06:42   Link #15
-Mad Skillz-
Kinetic 9

Send a message via MSN to -Mad Skillz-
I was going to start a topic on Dexter but then found this one. More importantly, I was going to bring up the numerous similarities it has to Death Note, especially season 2 where the hunt for the "Bay Harbor Butcher" (Dexter) resembles the hunt for "Kira" (Light). I'll go into more detail later...
Old 2008-03-17, 12:15   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This show finally started airing on broadcast tv and though I'm fairly sure its been edited -- its still one of the best damn shows on broadcast television (they're showing first season at present).

No, I don't have cable, no, I can't get cable on my street, no I don't want cable or sat-tv because why pay $50+/month for something I'd watch maybe 10hrs out of the month and they don't show much of what I'm interested in anyway -- mostly its "bread and circuses".
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 21:30   Link #17
Tommy
Mr. Prince

If I didn't have showtime I would've probably just downloaded it.
Old 2008-03-18, 07:30   Link #18
hairybeast
Banned

i love this show. it's so different from others
hairybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 10:53   Link #19
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Well besides The Office.

Please tell me some people have watched this show on here? Short summary.

Michael C. Hall (David in HBO's Six Feet Under which is another great show btw.) plays Dexter Morgan who is a blood spatter detective In Miami. He is also a cereal killer who only preys on murderers. The show follows Dexter as he puts on a mask and tries to lead as normal a life as possible, while still feeding his insatiable appetite to kill people.

It's quite entertaining. One season has already aired and I believe the dvds come out in a month or so. Season two will air in sept, but some episodes leaked on the net already. Don't ask me where.

Here is Showtimes Offical page

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

Their are also books, sadly I haven't read any yet.
did you really spelled serial killer "cereal killer"?

i enjoyed the 2 seasons i really hope they wont drag the show for a third season since everything has been dealt with not really leaving any room for a third season.
Old 2008-03-18, 19:43   Link #20
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
did you really spelled serial killer "cereal killer"?

i enjoyed the 2 seasons i really hope they wont drag the show for a third season since everything has been dealt with not really leaving any room for a third season.
Yes, I didn't even notice.