AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-13, 15:31   Link #241
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Having just seen episode 6, I feel I've just learned a great deal about the Dan-Miya relationship. It's amazing how this relationship between two of the minor characters can be so riveting.

Spoiler for episode 6:

Note: Technically I don't need to spoiler tag that because AEN has subbed it, but their sub was so awful that I'm going to assume most people will want to wait for Huzzah-Doremi to finish.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 19:01   Link #242
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
dan-kun is very lucky. and the fact its so romantic because its no way in hell this would happen in real life or happen to any of us otaku's.

cheers for making me suicidal.
(T-T)

*goes off to commit hari-kiri strapping himself to a chair and playing the entire CCS series (original)*

~(X_x)_
Old 2007-11-13, 19:44   Link #243
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
After watching ep 5, Tamaki is just so pro, no doubt about it
I loved the scene where Kojirou was sleeping on the cat poor cat
Old 2007-11-13, 21:18   Link #244
Pilly
Anime watcher

anyone know if they will be showing more of the Machido high girls? Or if they're gonna stop coming out after this match. I think they're so much more funnier than the Murou high girls. Especially Ando.
Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 01:00   Link #245
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If Tama-chan were any more kawaii, my head would explode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 01:32   Link #246
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Yeah, Tama-chan is sooo darn adorable. Her VA's performance is equally so. I'm falling in love all over again.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 02:37   Link #247
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Between Tama-chan's cuteness, the Dan-Miya relationship and Kirino's excitable energy, this show has become my favorite of the season.

It lacks the thoughtfulness of a show like Moyashimon or ef, but the characters are so absolutely wonderful that I can't get enough of it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-14, 03:19   Link #248
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I have to defend the Don, as Dan has been named earlier. As I don't think he is lucky, he actually is one of the rare anime guys who deserves a cute girl. For once a guy who understands and tries to support the girl. Most of the other guys I have to categorise as having amazing pheromones as I just can't understand what girls see in them.

Like NSW I love the characters of BB, I didn't like the two bullies, but i guess that is how they were written to be like and I got really worried when Miya decided to take them on.

I'm not too sure what my favourite thing of epi 6 is... I know I loved Tama's general actions (like when she jumped out of the window), but Yuji's comments about the teacher were hilarious too.
Old 2007-11-14, 04:34   Link #249
Figucher

Send a message via MSN to Figucher
I fetched this series blindly without any research, and I'm glad I did that. After watching all the subbed eps in one sit, I really feel it's one of the better series this year. I agree with NSW about the nature of the series, but characters make up for it.
Figucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 15:52   Link #250
mtarzaim

I really like the simplicity of this serie.
No fanservice, no planetary battle, no life-or-death issue.
I'm watching it like I did with Midori days or Nanaka 6/17 : a cute and heartwarming serie.
Not (yet) the show of fall 2007, but still a really enjoyable one.

Spoiler for episode 7:

I want more pink ... and more more black !

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 18:04   Link #251
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I have to defend the Don, as Dan has been named earlier. As I don't think he is lucky, he actually is one of the rare anime guys who deserves a cute girl. For once a guy who understands and tries to support the girl. Most of the other guys I have to categorise as having amazing pheromones as I just can't understand what girls see in them.
i guess that i will have to give him credit for...seen as he is actually greatful to have a girlfriend in the first place unlike a lot of relationships
i find it sweet that he left knowing that miya doesnt want to show that side of her to him but then again...his potato feature is distracting...inner beauty FTW though

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 20:55   Link #252
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i find it sweet that he left knowing that miya doesnt want to show that side of her to him but then again...his potato feature is distracting...inner beauty FTW though
Inner beauty? I don't think a guy who whines his head off in the dojo and shows off like a fool kid has much in the way of inner beauty. He's got to work on his innate discipline first.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 22:27   Link #253
poptart
come tess me now!!

no but he is aware and compassionate enough of his girlfriend to allow her to be herself. which includes playing along and leaving when she wants/needs to go "black". he may be whiny but thats fine. he is accepting and open and that way better to me.
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 22:33   Link #254
rasudoken

um wait, why is this anime seinen? anyways, my favorite character is kirino!!! second is saya!!!
rasudoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 01:26   Link #255
Ultenth

This show has definitely surprised me. Started off very slow, but has come on very strong and has continued to improve with almost every episode. Is climbing up my personal rankings and making its way into being one of my favorite shows of the season and one of the best sports shows I've seen in quite a while.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 07:13   Link #256
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

This show would have the best ever beach episode. Just imagine, sun, surf, and bikinis.... No no no that is not it! Miya doing melon cracking FTW!

Loved epi 7. This show really is defiantly in my top 5 for this season, now is it 1 or 2 that is the question

Spoiler for thoughts on epi 7:

I love all the characters in this show (well apart from the bullies), but Tama is just something extra special, I want to hug her too, she is just too cute.
Old 2007-11-15, 09:27   Link #257
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
This show would have the best ever beach episode. Just imagine, sun, surf, and bikinis.... No no no that is not it! Miya doing melon cracking FTW!
ah! yes, the umi episode which every series has! miyamiya doing the water melon cracking now that will be a must see!
while we're at it, how about an onsen (hot spring) episode? come on, EVERY anime has one of those. now lets imagine miyamiya turning black playing ping pong... feel sorry for her opponent

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 17:06   Link #258
Cal-Reflector

A very fun and cute show, nothing terribly original plot-wise, mostly character driven. I like it a lot. I'm also pleasantly surprised (and disappointed at the same time, kind of) at how little fan service there is.

In terms of character development, the person I want to see "grow up" the most is Ishida Sensei himself. He's been aloof and not essential or significant to the other characters so far, and after 7 episodes of featuring TAMA as the center of the show (maybe it was like this in the original too) I'm wondering maybe this guy isn't the Main Character at all??? Nonetheless, I like the guy. Hope he improves himself soon.
Old 2007-11-15, 17:10   Link #259
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Who-sensei?

Of course it's all about Tama. This show needs nothing else, though Miya-Miya, Kirino, and Saya are nice bonuses.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 17:18   Link #260
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm sorry, I didn't even notice that the sensei was a character. I thought he was just a plot device. Fortunately this show is so abundantly overflowing with interesting characters that I can hardly care if the sensei is just an problem to overcome. Not only isn't he a main character, he is the least developed character on the entire show. Several of sempai's students are better developed than he is.

Main character? Tama, obviously.

Tags
comedy, seinen