AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-10, 15:15   Link #81
Kensuke

First episode showed some potential, but the main reason why I'm watching this is to see more Tamaki.
Kang Seung Jae, loved those screenshots, looking forward to see episode 2, and how she (I wish) kicks that guys a$$.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 15:19   Link #82
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
& Deathkillz, that picture u posted there, how long does it take to load? I've been waiting for 5 min and only the hair appeared lol.... can you upload sth that big?
Strange...it loaded for me O.O (try again but if it doesnt work send me a PM)

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 15:21   Link #83
changeup

Moe-sugiru for Tama-chan~ She is too adorable~~

This is obviously a low-budget series, but the graphs are ok. It has a funny atmosphere.

Eiga surely deserves some jealousy. The sansei looks appealing to girls and fellow lady teachers as well. His fighting skill... well... seems regressed a lot... Hope he will regain some of his old self later on...
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 15:26   Link #84
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
...Tama is hilarious and absolutely adorable at the same time....
Quoted for truth. Great character so far: serious and funny. Kudos to the character designers, writers, and VA.

The character design is based on the manga drawn by Igarashi Aguri, and the character designer for the anime is "Namiyanagi Yukitomo," which is apparently a pseudonym of Hosoda Naoto, a genga artist who was also the director of the Shuffle! series.

The VA who does such a great job with Tamaki is Hirohashi Ryou, who is Alice Carroll in ARIA and Rakka in Haibane Renmei.

I'm also impressed by the solid way the story is being rolled out. The director is a first-timer, key animator Saitou Hisashi. He did a lot of work on Planetes, GunxSword, and other shows.

The manga story was by Totsuka Masahiro, but the chief writer who adapted it for anime is Kurata Hideyuki, who did Now & Then, Here & There and was actually both the original creator and the writer of R.O.D. the TV and Kamichu! Pretty good pedigree, I'd say.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 15:41   Link #85
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I really was not interested in this series at first. It really sounded more like a typical sports genre work, and those rarely interest me, even if it's a sport I'm interested in (which is entirely comprised of "martial arts or driving").

I downloaded it anyway, and was very pleasantly surprised. The characters seem to be the real focus here, and kendo merely the backdrop. As well, how often do we get anime with an adult viewpoint? Not as often as I'd like, and this seems to successfully combine that with a young, adorable, funny female cast.

Let me add to that: A young, adorable, funny female cast without the typical fanservice that accompanies it.

So far this isn't a masterpiece, but the more I think about it the more eagerly I'm anticipating the next episode. I just hope that the budget problems don't ruin it. I've seen great series left with terrible blemishes because of budget and scheduling issues. In the first episode I saw some things that could be due to these problems (like not actually showing any of the action taking place!), but if they can maintain this quality without ruining the later kendo sequences, I'll be pleased enough.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 15:45   Link #86
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Quoted for truth. Great character so far: serious and funny. Kudos to the character designers, writers, and VA.

The character design is based on the manga drawn by Igarashi Aguri, and the character designer for the anime is "Namiyanagi Yukitomo," which is apparently a pseudonym of Hosoda Naoto, a genga artist who was also the director of the Shuffle! series.

The VA who does such a great job with Tamaki is Hirohashi Ryou, who is Alice Carroll in ARIA and Rakka in Haibane Renmei.

I'm also impressed by the solid way the story is being rolled out. The director is a first-timer, key animator Saitou Hisashi. He did a lot of work on Planetes, GunxSword, and other shows.

The manga story was by Totsuka Masahiro, but the chief writer who adapted it for anime is Kurata Hideyuki, who did Now & Then, Here & There and was actually both the original creator and the writer of R.O.D. the TV and Kamichu! Pretty good pedigree, I'd say.
There are some talented directors at work in this Fall 2007 season. Along with this show, Kimikiss Pure Rouge and Goshuushosama Ninomiya-kun also started out impressively. All of these shows also have talented VAs with suitable roles to play. While I haven't seen Aria or Haibane Renmei, I'm familiar with Hirohashi Ryou's voice in Kamisama Kazoku (Lulu). She is definitely an expert when it comes to capturing characters such as Tama. I'm also glad to know such a talented writer is behind this script.

Looking forward to episode 3!
Old 2007-10-10, 19:28   Link #87
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Oh wow didnt know that was alice-chan's VA doing tama.

Im still trying to wrap my brain about what that one girl sees in the midget...I mean normally I could say its what inside that counts but so far...That doesnt look that hot either.

And im wondering how much of a role the guys are gonna play in this show since it seems more centered around the 5 girls?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 19:00   Link #88
Nergy

Send a message via MSN to Nergy Send a message via Yahoo to Nergy
I really like the look of this series, the opening animes for this season were lacking a bit in Comedy. Their were a few laugh out loud moments in the first episode. I really like kendo and their haven't been enough Kendo animes out there.

This is listed as sport anime, but I don't see TOO much of the sport elements in this, which is good because I find Sport anime very tedious to watch.

This anime looks really promising and i'll be keeping my eye on it.
Nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 09:01   Link #89
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Seem OK

I don't like some of the character designs, the eyes look very creepy sometimes, and that dude is too short and has very different eyes.

But otherwise it seems OK.

The vice principal thing was funny (wtf), and though it doesn't make me laugh yet, it's is smile inducing and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 19:52   Link #90
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
ok, im a bit behind on all the new series, but caught up and watched the 1st ep....
the "fuzakennaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!" part was damn hilarious

now im grabbing ep2... dam, its dowloading soooo slow

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 17:39   Link #91
Rembr

Episode 3 delivered again.
Yandere in sports anime?
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 17:53   Link #92
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
This show looks like it's going to be awesome. <3 the blonde girl. She's cute, and the things she says are just: "wtf? okay..."
Old 2007-10-15, 18:07   Link #93
noxian

Ep3 diverged from the manga, but it wasn't a completely unexpected divergence.
since they generally frown upon showing HSers smoking in anime, it wasn't too big a shock they had to change how Miyako and Sayako meet and what their initial confrontation was.
noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 18:41   Link #94
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep3 thoughts:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 21:51   Link #95
Rias

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2007-10-15, 22:23   Link #96
NakedAngelX

Well got these from the site, Miyamiya's evil side seems really um... how should i word it? lol..
Spoiler for Characters:
Old 2007-10-15, 22:32   Link #97
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Pink and Black...... or is it Blue and Black?

The Episode title is really punnish, lol.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 23:59   Link #98
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I like the Bamboo Blade Manga...Although not in my fav list..it is definitely a nice time pass. The first episode was cool..but i m still stuck there thanks to the subs. Not that I cant watch the RAW since I know what is gonna happen..but still..I m trusting the subbers to release it quick

Miya Miya's design seemed lower than the manga. In the Manga..I felt she looks better .Hope they portray both her sides well in the series. More so..what i really hope to see is the past of Miya Miya. The manga is slowly scantalated..so i dont know when i ll get to see that chapter. But it would be really nice if the anime showed it.

Infact one of the ain reasons i like this manga is because how Miya Miya is actually very faithful to her boyfriend..and how even the guy understands her so well
Old 2007-10-16, 11:02   Link #99
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I still cant get my head around how potato face over there could get such a hot girlfriend (oki ep 3 shows that she might have a slight defect but still - both personalities are cute as hell ^^).

anyway...ep 3
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 17:32   Link #100
NakedAngelX

Spoiler for Ep 3:

Tags
comedy, seinen