AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 20
Perfect 10 5 5.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 7.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 24 26.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 14.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-20, 01:50   Link #21
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Too much talking but the Sakura + Chiyo were done well.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 01:51   Link #22
KyuubiRocks
Your my love child!!

Send a message via MSN to KyuubiRocks Send a message via Skype™ to KyuubiRocks
Ive just finish watching it...well....umm....yeah..
cant think of anything.....not bad i guess
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 02:10   Link #23
Loki.Nya
Village Idiot

Ahhh! This is really annoying! What happened with the awesome fights like with Zabuza or at the exams?

This was just dodging some stuff, throwing one punch and the rest was talking, staring and flashback from 1 or 2 episodes ago
Loki.Nya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 02:47   Link #24
Lumir

What a great episode! It mainly focuses on the sakura/chiyo - sasori fight but there was even some naruto and kakashi action.

It seems that chiyo has some special tricks. Ever single last needle was dodged not only by chiyo but by sakura as well, and not in just some brute way but in a stylish way. That part of the ep reminded me of some movie, (crouching tiger hidden dragon?).

We get to see naruto charge strait into solid rock wall and emerge from the hole his attack created. Deidera seems to be working on naruto's emotions, and from what i can tell he will soon regret it.

The build up is quite intense... well at least for me, sakura smashed sasori's doll but i think he has other tricks up his sleeves. I just hope next week there is an episode.
Old 2007-07-20, 03:34   Link #25
Azure King
Snr Spammer

man i hate being right.. i never though there was another level of being bored shitless. i guess i got quite afew manga to caught up on now
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 04:28   Link #26
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

*sigh*

Yet another awesome fight from the manga is being totally destroyed by the anime team. A bunch of talking and stiff action scenes which consist of the same movements over and over and over and over again. Is it really the same anime team that gave us the pre timeskip seasons?

Considering how great these fights were in the manga I´d say that this is just as bad as the fillers. Fillers deluxe...

The music is really good though, no shame on the ones responsible for the music.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 06:34   Link #27
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
9! Because Art is a Bang!

Man.. honestly I don’t know what the HELL you guys are bitching about, this episode was freaking amazing!! Almost every freaking scene was drawn beautifully, there was barely anything that was bad quality. You guys don’t understand that it is still in the introduction phase, the talks that happened is a requirement, its a must, its letting the fans know who and what Sakura and Chiyo are dealing with.

Akatsuki is no joke, and I think the animation team did a great job of expressing that Sassori is not to be taken lightly, the guy has 298 human puppet’s, real Shinobi that he killed and then turned them in to battle puppets. Information like that is a must know for the fans, its done to set the "mood" and let the us know the caliber of the opponent Sakura and Chiyo are about to face.

Trust me, once the ball gets rolling its going to roll. However, if you guys are getting tired of explanations and information on the opponents that is an obvious necessity, then you wont survive when its time to explain how and why Sakura was able to dodge everything as well as Chiyo, because you know how Naruto is, when something amazing happens, there is always a pause in the fight so it can be explained, you know its going to be full of flash backs, and back story on the opponents, who, what, where, when, how, why especially if they are some how connected (EX: Sassori being chiyo's grand son).

In any case, please quit your blubbering, especially you Manga readers. I really enjoyed today's episode and as a Manga reader my self, I waited so long to see some of that stuff animated, and it was damn perfect, couldn’t be any better, the pace was perfect for this episode, Deidara looked so bad ass, the quality if the mouth on his hand, from its look to the sounds it made, it was great, they really upped the animation.
Old 2007-07-20, 06:53   Link #28
captzork

I liked the episode. If the episode can keep me entertained for 20+ mins. then i know it did it's job.

I only wonder what puppet Akatsuki will pull out now out of his massive collection, and what is in the scroll that old lady took with her when she left the sand village?

Last edited by captzork; 2007-07-20 at 06:55. Reason: changes.
captzork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:21   Link #29
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I liked the episode too. I thought the timing was excellent, and the slower paced Naruto confrontation with Deidara's taunts had nice synergy with the quicker paced Sakura-Chiyo fight.

I also really like the fact they didn't ruin the episode by putting bits and pieces of Gai's team in it.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:36   Link #30
ignorancia
regret it!

a lot of teasing to the battles (looks like shippuden its all about teasing)
and the mixed battles, i just don't feel its quite reasonable
and the long taking needle avoiding was just... (reminded of captain tsubasa's 2 episodes just to reach the other side of the court)

anyhow the animation seemed fine
ignorancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 07:51   Link #31
Subaru-san

It was an average episode. There have been worse, at least the Sasori battle started to begin, though there were some flashbacks that annoyed me a bit, but thats just Naruto and a lot of the time it has done it a lot, even in part 1.

Naruto himself really gets on my nerves these days though, the constant "I'm taking Gaara back!" "I'm going to save Gaara!" every episode, we get the idea already, geez. Though, thats just my personal quibble.

But yeah, I agree that it would have been worse if they added the Gai team fights and his inappropriate jokes, so they made a right decision there. Its just none of the fights seem to be intense or climatic as they used to be, which was one of Naruto's most attracting element, but in this series it constantly switches between battles. People think hopefully they will stop, but it won't be any time soon, i've been telling myself this for the whole season.
Subaru-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 08:53   Link #32
zanar

Send a message via MSN to zanar
OMG Subaru-san you took everything right out of my mouth!

I was saying the exact same thing to my friend on MSN before I opened this thread!
zanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 09:19   Link #33
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

A pretty good ep. Was anybody else getting worried that Sakura or Chiyo would accidentally step on one of those needles on the ground?

Anyway, there were a few really well-animated moments (like Sakura smashing the puppet). While the dodging thing began well, it did get a tad long in the tooth. Meanwhile, the music continues to be interesting and the ep was over in a flash.
Old 2007-07-20, 09:25   Link #34
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Great episode I liked it as well. I'm very easy to please :P. Good music, good animation for the most part and I thought Chiyo did a good job of explaining puppeteers and Sasori's background.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 09:59   Link #35
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
A pretty good ep. Was anybody else getting worried that Sakura or Chiyo would accidentally step on one of those needles on the ground?

Anyway, there were a few really well-animated moments (like Sakura smashing the puppet). While the dodging thing began well, it did get a tad long in the tooth. Meanwhile, the music continues to be interesting and the ep was over in a flash.
Yeah, I was thinking either they purposely did that so he could not move around or he did that so they could not move around so easily. It felt as if they were trying to show them for some sort of reason but in the end, nothing.

And as for the people who complain about the complainers. Well one that is rather ironic, and two, nothing is wrong with it. We have forums for a reasons, to share our opinions on subjects. It just so happens, the stream of episodes have been rather poor, and so people complain. With every right to do so. Just need to remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, should not have someone saying they should get over it. Just remember, opinions are valid till someone forces them onto others as if they were fact.

As for the episode, I believe it was alright. I did not mind the talking to much except when it was with Granny and Sakura. The fight itself just seemed off. First parts of the dodging was fine till it became redundant. I think they could have just done away with the entire Naruto part, regardless of what they did, it would have been screwed up. This is the problem I saw, the two fights were right next to each other. Meaning They could not really go an entire episode just on one fight, because if it were to end, the other one would start. And would probably seem as if the other team was just watching. They want to make an entire fight per episode but it cannot be done, so they add subtle parts of the other fight. But there is also the clone fights to so it is sorta a mess. I don't think I could set it up very well to make it feel smooth, seems rather difficult. I do not have an issue with the flow, I just wish the fights looked better and felt like real fights. Other then in the first hour long episode, all other fights have felt so sluggish and well.. not exciting. Almost like the old filler episodes, just with a new paint job. I think the fight between Naruto and Sasuke set the standards of how strong fighters go at it, and has yet to happen again.
Old 2007-07-20, 10:08   Link #36
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
i liked it....but sadly it was below par.
Old 2007-07-20, 10:20   Link #37
CeDeR
forever hung over

omg im oficially leaving naruto, it annoys me how slow it is its like they r gonna make 10 episodes for those fights...chiyo speaking for 10 minutes was extremely annoying...good luck with that
Old 2007-07-20, 11:18   Link #38
ghstwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petbe View Post

As for the episode, I believe it was alright. I did not mind the talking to much except when it was with Granny and Sakura. The fight itself just seemed off. First parts of the dodging was fine till it became redundant. I think they could have just done away with the entire Naruto part, regardless of what they did, it would have been screwed up. This is the problem I saw, the two fights were right next to each other. Meaning They could not really go an entire episode just on one fight, because if it were to end, the other one would start. And would probably seem as if the other team was just watching. They want to make an entire fight per episode but it cannot be done, so they add subtle parts of the other fight. But there is also the clone fights to so it is sorta a mess. I don't think I could set it up very well to make it feel smooth, seems rather difficult. I do not have an issue with the flow, I just wish the fights looked better and felt like real fights. Other then in the first hour long episode, all other fights have felt so sluggish and well.. not exciting. Almost like the old filler episodes, just with a new paint job. I think the fight between Naruto and Sasuke set the standards of how strong fighters go at it, and has yet to happen again.
I agree, showing the two battle simutanously is a bad idea especially considering how they handled the kisame/itachi fights (shifing scenes at the most inopportune moments, no sense of momentum or flow, etc.). Judging from the previews its looks like there also going to include bits from the gai team battle royale, which can only mean bad things.

This episode just felt tedious at best. The fighting was neither fast nor furious, the art was wildly inconsistent (lol at the many faces of sakura), the music is good but feels overarching at some moments, no sense of scale, animation is looped, etc. I wanted to love this episode, but studio pierrot seems to be going out of their way to make it is as uninteresting as possible.

By the way, is Norio Matsumoto still participating in the show? The last thing naruto related he's done was the third movie. I hope he mans one of the sakura/ chiyo episodes because they definitely warrant his touch.
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 11:31   Link #39
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstwrld View Post
I agree, showing the two battle simutanously is a bad idea especially considering how they handled the kisame/itachi fights (shifing scenes at the most inopportune moments, no sense of momentum or flow, etc.). Judging from the previews its looks like there also going to include bits from the gai team battle royale, which can only mean bad things.

This episode just felt tedious at best. The fighting was neither fast nor furious, the art was wildly inconsistent (lol at the many faces of sakura), the music is good but feels overarching at some moments, no sense of scale, animation is looped, etc. I wanted to love this episode, but studio pierrot seems to be going out of their way to make it is as uninteresting as possible.

By the way, is Norio Matsumoto still participating in the show? The last thing naruto related he's done was the third movie. I hope he mans one of the sakura/ chiyo episodes because they definitely warrant his touch.
Ya from the preview, it looks as if they will include the gai fight. What I think will happen is they will first show that fight going on, and a bit into it, progress back to Granny and Sakura. I really think they should leave Naruto out entirely since well. it makes sense to include him because you will get the sense of, what are they doing, just standing there? But the problem is, if they include Naruto, they would be taking time away from the other fights. They should have at least 12 minutes of Sakura and Granny alone, rest should be finishing the fight with Lee. It does not leave much room, even for a minute, for Naruto.
Old 2007-07-20, 12:33   Link #40
Dantat

why do they have to stare at each other so much??

and what kind of opponent stands there for like..., 15 minutes, while his enemies are talking to each other..
Dantat is offline   Reply With Quote