AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-23, 01:52   Link #201
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's odd though, weren't the "wings" supposed to appear before the tower went down?
Does the big ****ing Dragon count as Wings?
Old 2007-07-23, 01:54   Link #202
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Was wondering how Chaos felt about mode 2 being a mass of boosters. Guess it's a way to fly without the magic and of course it didn't get used in a victory. Still felt a bit like Vita's rocket hammer move.
I feel confuse and cheated of my feelings... That it's just a way for Caro to show off.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 02:00   Link #203
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Does the big ****ing Dragon count as Wings?
In my opinion that's not even a dragon >_<
Old 2007-07-23, 02:06   Link #204
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Wing is related to the death of the King, Which did not happen as far as I can see. Tower was refering to the third line, while the physical tower did not fall, I think the structure of command in the ground force have been dealt heavy damage. I'll looking forward to Regius having a breakdown...

As Kha said, The Dragon is more like a Mech, and prehaps it is...

I also wonder did Tea know that Subaru is part machine...
Old 2007-07-23, 02:29   Link #205
ImClueless
Rawr

Finally, the all action episode that has been awaited for a long time and it does not disappoint.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-23, 02:39   Link #206
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This is something i don't say often, but damn - this episode was freaking awesome!. Subaru turning out to be a cyborg was expected, but damn - her berserk mode is scary and kicks behind on a whole another level. Ginga ... cyborg as expected as well, but ... did they really stick Ginga in that puny trunk ? 0_O I'll concur with Subaru: "Gin-nee kaise!!"

Zest beating Vita out of unison mode ... just how strong is he ? 0_o ... ok, i understand he used a move that is a double edged sword, but still ... he must be way above S to pull that of, considering that unison Vita is, probably, no less than S herself.

Strada's second form was not what i expected, but i have to admit it is practical ... too bad Erio was outnumbered Caro going berserk and summoning her little guardian 'dragon' ... remind me to never anger Caro I get the feeling that thing alone could level the whole TSAB. I am not exactly happy with the timing they used for Erio's flashback, but oh well - a minor nitpick.

This is the first time i feel like Giving a StrikerS episode a 10 (first time i feel it deserves more than 8 actually), and that is my rating for today

On a side note - where are all of the TSAB forces ? Did they ALL get wiped out already ? Even if the ground HQ didn't take any additional measures there had to be quite the sizable amount of soldiers stationed, no ?

Oh well ... lots of angst incoming next episode, but this was pure gold on several levels.
Old 2007-07-23, 03:04   Link #207
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
On a side note - where are all of the TSAB forces ? Did they ALL get wiped out already ? Even if the ground HQ didn't take any additional measures there had to be quite the sizable amount of soldiers stationed, no ?
Remember, Reguis denied funding to the ground forces to allow the ground forces to train in anti-AMF tactics. In other words: They got WTFPWNED by the AMF wielding drones.

hey should have shown that, really.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-07-23 at 03:41.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 03:18   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Remember, Reguis denied funding to the ground forces to allow the ground forces to train in anti-AMF tactics. In other words: They got WTFPWNED by the AMF wielding drones.

hey should have showed that, really.
All the money must have went to their superweapon-in-progress...

He was probably hoping the enemy won't figure it out until it's ready
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 04:11   Link #209
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
On a side note - where are all of the TSAB forces ? Did they ALL get wiped out already ? Even if the ground HQ didn't take any additional measures there had to be quite the sizable amount of soldiers stationed, no?
Don't try to explain things rationally, this is Nanoha, and in Nanoha nameless grunts exist only for the purpose of getting owned and make the main cast look good.

Anyway, I'm late to the party, but this episode feels like A's episode 1, with actual battles, defeats and drama, and all the good guys introduced at least (I mean, with who they are revealed at least).

We can now begin the sequence where the RF6, motivated by its defeat, drops the training and goes to do actual work in the field.
Now that the new recruits begin to reveal the hack abilities they have (next are Erio and Tea), we can maybe expect some serious battle which would include the Aces, it's a bit irritating to see how blatantly the animators are trying to keep them from the action at all cost.

Keeping with Nanoha's tradition, we have to have antagonists that the heroes want to talk to/rescue before taking down. Would Ginga and Vivio fit that bill? The numbers at the moment are just cannon fodder, but what would happen if the mysterious numbers were actually someone like Subaru's mother or a cyborged Alicia?

This episode also threw out of the window any hope of Earth/Onsen sequence. Zafira will never talk again, and the rest of the old cast won't even appear. Nice touch that for once the planet in peril isn't the Earth at all.
Flar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 04:23   Link #210
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I guess we could call Subaru the real hero in this episode.
She tried all her might to save her beloved sister, but was defeat. I must see this episode!

Forgot to note about Erio's second form. Looks like there are boosters everywhere and maybe that's why Teana said its "complicated". I don't really see how its overpowered though. It looks the same as it's first form, but maybe all those crazy angles and turns that Erio can now do with second form will show how its overpowered.

RF6 is defeated and I wonder if Chrono even knows about this.
Old 2007-07-23, 04:27   Link #211
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Just for everyone's information, Strada used 2 NEW forms in this episode, not one new. When Erio used "Thundar Rage" (... Thunder Rage in name only, Erio's Thunder Rage is nothing like Fate's, not in the least), Strada cried out "Form Drei" and then the mode's name.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 04:47   Link #212
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

hey should have shown that, really.
Remember that SEELE image? What if it was Scagletti, Noube and one other Number masquerading as some secret super-commander in the TSAB, and Regius buys it, thus they have the GF comander, always eager for power, barking like a dog for them and denying Mid Childa of their last line of defence?

I wanna see his face turn even more crumpled if that is true!
Old 2007-07-23, 04:57   Link #213
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

episode 17 being filled with so much epic-ness, not so surprising that youtube had clips of Numbers vs. Forwards, Caro's Voltaire summon, and of course, Subaru's berserker mode rush!
man, this was one bad day for RF6, so much destruction done to TSAB and RF6's members.
Spoiler:

Nouve and Subaru will certainly have a rematch soon...and dual wielding for Subaru also!

"GIN-NEE, KAISE!!!!!!"

EDIT: this is just a hunch, but Vice did go to retirement after he messed up his sniper shot and accidentally killed a little girl by a shot to her eye...
The number with the eye patch (dont know her name, but her number is 5) could she be that person that Vice shot??

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-07-23 at 05:14.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 05:13   Link #214
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Remember that SEELE image? What if it was Scagletti, Noube and one other Number masquerading as some secret super-commander in the TSAB, and Regius buys it, thus they have the GF comander, always eager for power, barking like a dog for them and denying Mid Childa of their last line of defence?

I wanna see his face turn even more crumpled if that is true!
Let's go full circle and make Einherjar=Numbers, Client=Regius then.

Can't wait for the day Regius in the orz position, when it all goes to hell.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 05:16   Link #215
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
episode 17 being filled with so much epic-ness, not so surprising that youtube had clips of Numbers vs. Forwards, Caro's Voltaire summon, and of course, Subaru's berserker mode rush!
man, this was one bad day for RF6, so much destruction done to TSAB and RF6's members.
Spoiler:

Nouve and Subaru will certainly have a rematch soon...and dual wielding for Subaru also!

"GIN-NEE, KAISE!!!!!!"

EDIT: this is just a hunch, but Vice did go to retirement after he messed up his sniper shot and accidentally killed a little girl by a shot to her eye...
The number with the eye patch (dont know her name, but her number is 5) could she be that person that Vice shot??
I'd think a Ginga vs Subaru rematch would be more likely... and more epic. Think of the level of angst and drama that would invoke.

And highly doubtful for the Vice one. First off, it was a different eye that got shot compared to No.V and the loli's hairstyle and look are different as well.

@humbug LOL... if you put it that way, it's ingenious. Jail was getting fundings from something that was supposed to protect GC, and like a good salesman, he shows the fruits of his labor and his sponsor's cash...by giving a literal demonstration to the sponsor. Man, if that's true, that's twisted as hell.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 05:22   Link #216
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'd think a Ginga vs Subaru rematch would be more likely... and more epic. Think of the level of angst and drama that would invoke.

And highly doubtful for the Vice one. First off, it was a different eye that got shot compared to No.V and the loli's hairstyle and look are different as well.
awww, well it was only clips of highlights in this episode, so I wouldn't know how Vice's past was shown...oh wells, it was just a hunch anyways.

But Subaru vs. Nouve rematch would be good.
of course, if Ginga turns evil, then its Subaru vs. Ginga...I wouldn't be surprise if they both destroy each other and Ginga gaining her memory back again after all of that...that would be an epic ending to that fight, but we would lose two great characters in the process.
Old 2007-07-23, 05:27   Link #217
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
While it does indeed invoke a certain level of angst however isn't the plot a bit over used... I'm more in faviour of blast in and save Nee-chan route

Quote:
I do have to agree here, I also if she is the same girl I think she would be in the MD6's attack group then to add to the effect. Besides I doubt we'll see anymore fighting from Vice, side characters are meant to be sharfted after all
Old 2007-07-23, 05:27   Link #218
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Let's go full circle and make Einherjar=Numbers, Client=Regius then.
That actually makes sense considering what Einherjar are in Norse myth. I wouldn't be surprised.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 05:28   Link #219
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If there was one thing I really disliked about this episode (( putting aside the nobody dies thing )), it was how the Vice/Elio scene was handled. And to a lesser extent, Voltaire showing up just to pwn drones, and that's it.

It felt...jumped-on and forced. Like 'lol see here and that is how the cookies crumbles' kind of exposition. Granted, if we see more of it in the future, (( doubtful for Vice )), then it's okay, but overall...compared to the slowly, better paced backstory of Teana and Subaru, it felt...less powerful and developed.

I sincerely hope that is not how they intend to cover or develop any more back stories in the coming episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
While it does indeed invoke a certain level of angst however isn't the plot a bit over used...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Though honestly, I'd rather Subaru/Ginga's mom turn out to Number II or something.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 05:33   Link #220
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

all three of the numbers that were going up against Subaru wouldn't have stand a chance against her if "Number 5" hadn't came up with the idea of "I hold her off while you guys run off with the captured victim".
Heck, "Number 5" would have gotten killed right there and then if Sein didn't come in and saved her butt.
Subaru went all out on this one and I give her credit for that, even after having her cyborg arm dangling and busted up.