AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-23, 13:56   Link #321
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien
Does the TSAB have clear enemies?
Considering the mission and scope of the TSAB's operations, there's always some criminal or villanous elements somewhere out there. If neccessary, he could set up a "fall guy" to be a credible threat to the TSAB and then "deal" with him to show them how good he is.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 14:42   Link #322
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
If he wanted the TSAB's support, wouldn't a "demonstration" on their enemies be more productive?
Isn't Regius TSAB's worst enemy?
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 16:02   Link #323
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Isn't Regius TSAB's worst enemy?
No he's an annoyance. Right now I'd say the Doctor is TSAB's worst enemy. Really I would've found it hilarious if he could attack himself.
Old 2007-07-23, 16:21   Link #324
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This episode was so cool.
Gin and Subaru are cyborgs and caro calls out Voltair.
Perfect Episode!

Oh crap now I cant wait for 18.
Hmm.. 9 episodes to go. No more pencil pushing I guess.
Lets see, we got 20 numbers, so that means 2-3/episode at least.

But I guess that's not going to happen, something like 5-6 at some point should die or get FUBARed to hell.
Uppss forgot about Zest and co.
Old 2007-07-23, 16:52   Link #325
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I am guessing Scagliette and Genja were assistants (probably both were with TSAB at the time or just freelance scientists). Then Subaru/Ginga's mom was closely related to Jail, so when she died, Jail went insane like Precia and created clone cyborgs of her (thus creating Subaru and Ginga).

He probablly calmed down a bit but TSAB did something that made Jail lost the 2 type-zeros and thus creating the Number series.

What I don't get is how did the Subaru and Ginga grow up? I don't believe that the machinery inside will change/grow though.

EDIT: I think when Subaru went berserk, I think Subaru's magic circle changed to the ones that the Numbers' used.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2007-07-23 at 17:08. Reason: Noticed something
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 17:49   Link #326
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"

Spoiler for rant against the mor**s:

~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~

You know what? Forget all that, the underlining problem is much worst.

I want to know what do you people trust him? What has he done that screamed misunderstood? He attacked a military base WITHOUT WARNING, THEN say that he wants to make deals for the sake of the peope. And the funniest part, is that even though he DIDN'T STATE what he was doing exactly, you people are PRETTY SURE that it's for the good of society.

Just because he said so. That's all, no proof.

Oh yeah, to make sure he was only habouring good intentions, he promised to not harm anyone. Just destroy their workplace with them in it. He MUST be good because of that, right?

Are you people really that gullible? If so, I need your credit card number to verify that.... Just for legal purposes of course. Don't worry, you can trust us.

P.S -

@arkhangelsk

If I were to toss you into a live ammo gunfight, THEN tell you later that we weren't really going to hurt you, I'm sure you could forgive us for scarring the crap out of you right?

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:02   Link #327
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I want to know what do you people trust him? What has he done that screamed misunderstood? He attacked a military base WITHOUT WARNING, THEN say that he wants to make deals for the sake of the peope. And the funniest part, is that even though he DIDN'T STATE what he was doing exactly, you people are PRETTY SURE that it's for the good of society.

Just because he said so. That's all, no proof.

Are you people really that gullible? If so, I need your credit card number to verify that.... Just for legal purposes of course. Don't worry, you can trust us.
Misunderstood? As far as a weapons dealer go, I'd think most of the things he's trying to show (( regardless of good or bad )) makes sense. He destroys the symbol of RF6, the current Anti-AMF force against him to show the meaninglessness of trying to oppose him even with an elite force, play the "gloating mocking hand" to show how easily he could've killed half of everyone in GC and RF6, but not do so, while clearly attracting potential buyers from those black market evil bastards watching how the acclaimed GC fell almost bloodlessly, while hopefully placing some of those radicals in TSAB into deep thought on some of their...policies.

I won't argue on his possible good, since we don't know jack about what he may be doing for the sake of...something relationally good. Project F seems the closest, but there is a possibility he fucked up the entire process to allow mage powers to be born through it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:36   Link #328
Fabien

Quote:
He attacked a military base WITHOUT WARNING,
He didn't warn, but Regius was warned (by Carim), and didn't give a damn.
If Jail did send a warning, I think Regius would just brush it off with a "Our defense is perfect".

Quote:
And the funniest part, is that even though he DIDN'T STATE what he was doing exactly, you people are PRETTY SURE that it's for the good of society.
I can't speak for any other, but what I said is that from Jail's own PoV, what he is doing is good.

Besides, you said it yourself: he hasn't stated yet what he's doing; so, to judge whether it's good or bad, we'll have to wait for a few episodes.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:42   Link #329
Fabien

Quote:
Spoiler for rant against the mor**s:
Whose lives are you talking about? Who died?
Old 2007-07-23, 18:52   Link #330
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Wow..... this episode has given me a reason to buy the entire series of StrikerS.

When I saw the board for ep 17 and read what happens in 17. I was absolutely made that ep 17 wasn't out for raw and it made me itching to watch it.Now that is done ep 18 looks great but not as great as 17. Hell I can't wait for all 26 episodes to be released. The fight scene where Subaru fights was absolutely amazing. Though now I feel sorry for Subaru that Ginga (or whats left of her) got captured. Other than that now I have seen episode 17, I'm going to be itching to finish StrikerS before the new semester starts again..... (which is impossible!!!!!).

Spoiler for Spoiler:

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:03   Link #331
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"

Quote:
He didn't warn, but Regius was warned (by Carim), and didn't give a damn.
If Jail did send a warning, I think Regius would just brush it off with a "Our defense is perfect".
That doesn't count, back then Carim's prophecy wasn't exactly crystal clear, so it really requires a leap of faith.

Even Carim herself stated that it wasn't 100% accurate.

Quote:
I can't speak for any other, but what I said is that from Jail's own PoV, what he is doing is good.

Besides, you said it yourself: he hasn't stated yet what he's doing; so, to judge whether it's good or bad, we'll have to wait for a few episodes.
His own point of view yes. Nobody would want to think that what they do is bad. But it's not about what he thinks, is it.

I don't have to wait a few episodes, I've got several episodes already pointing him in that direction.

Quote:
Whose lives are you talking about? Who died?
It's just a statement. The person I was refering to said that for the better of society or country, a few lives is nothing.

I agree that there will be times like that. But what is the reason for it? When someone is asked to die for their country, I'm sure the most important thing they want to hear is WHY.

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Old 2007-07-23, 19:05   Link #332
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Wow..... this episode has given me a reason to buy the entire series of StrikerS.
It's funny, I think the opposite.
I admit this episode was strong. Insanely so. But that kind of episode, you watch it, you get that slap in the face, you discuss it on Animesuki's forum, and that's that. I may watch it again once, when it's subbed, but no more.

OTOH, I've watched the "sweet parts" (like Vivio-moe in ep 13 and 14) a lot of times, and will watch them again. They give a kind of warm feeling, so I like to watch them, but I don't feel the need to talk about them. Anyway, the word "moe!!!" by itself isn't quite enough to start a discussion ;-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler
Could someone explain the use of the "spoiler" tags to me? I mean, if someone reads this episode-17 thread, it means that either he has watched the episode, or wants to be spoiled, right?
Old 2007-07-23, 19:14   Link #333
arkhangelsk

Which ones. So far, except for attacking the HQs, what else has he done? Grabbing a few crystal-like objects that in TSAB hands will be studied a bit and then put into a seal (useless). Grabbing something he might have made himself (Vivio)? Setting aup a few labs in obscure locations? Lives? None verifiable after Subaru's mom, and we simply don't know what happened there. Made a dozen sentokijin - a violation of law but not more than that by itself.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:19   Link #334
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Hrmm… Scagaletti…

I think his purpose for attacking the TSAB is to, in effect, destroy it. However, he wants to do it with minimum casualties. He aims to destroy it from the inside, to make it ineffective. So far, it seems to be succeding.

Scagaletti's goal, seems to be in a not-so-literal sense, immortality. He has a love for life, literally, and so wants to create more of it. He'll help people who have lost somebody by creating a "replacement". This replacement can be considered a revival of the person, a complete recreation of the person complete with their memories. Project F.

However, after creating Erio, there was a problem. The TSAB found the research to be illegal and took Erio away. Erio and his parents became "victims" of the TSAB. Scagaletti seems to want to correct this injustice by destroying the TSAB, as they won't listen.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:28   Link #335
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Could someone explain the use of the "spoiler" tags to me? I mean, if someone reads this episode-17 thread, it means that either he has watched the episode, or wants to be spoiled, right?
Hahaha, I just wanted to be careful and not spoil it for some readers. Sorry if I did anything bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Which ones. So far, except for attacking the HQs, what else has he done? Grabbing a few crystal-like objects that in TSAB hands will be studied a bit and then put into a seal (useless). Grabbing something he might have made himself (Vivio)? Setting aup a few labs in obscure locations? Lives? None verifiable after Subaru's mom, and we simply don't know what happened there. Made a dozen sentokijin - a violation of law but not more than that by itself.
He might be responsible for Subaru's and Ginga's mother's death. In the manga of Mahou Shojou Lyrical Nanoha (which takes place between A's and StrikerS). He was responsible for the attacks on relic sites and illegal actions to obtaining many "lost logia". If you read the manga, its better plus you will get a little more back story to the events of StrikerS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Hrmm… Scagaletti…

I think his purpose for attacking the TSAB is to, in effect, destroy it. However, he wants to do it with minimum casualties. He aims to destroy it from the inside, to make it ineffective. So far, it seems to be succeding.

Scagaletti's goal, seems to be in a not-so-literal sense, immortality. He has a love for life, literally, and so wants to create more of it. He'll help people who have lost somebody by creating a "replacement". This replacement can be considered a revival of the person, a complete recreation of the person complete with their memories. Project F.

However, after creating Erio, there was a problem. The TSAB found the research to be illegal and took Erio away. Erio and his parents became "victims" of the TSAB. Scagaletti seems to want to correct this injustice by destroying the TSAB, as they won't listen.
Hmmm excellent deduction Meophist. I haven't thought of that option yet. Thanks for bring that out hahaha.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:42   Link #336
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

As for who killed Subaru and Ginga's mom, my guess is:
Spoiler:
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:48   Link #337
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk
except for attacking the HQs, what else has he done
Destruction of government property
Quote:
Grabbing something he might have made himself
Leaving aside the evidence from ep10 that suggests he most likely didn't make her, that's still abduction.
Quote:
Setting aup a few labs in obscure locations
Locations where such facilities were forbidden, as stated in ep3.
Quote:
Made a dozen sentokijin - a violation of law
Isn't that enough? Like someone previously said, we're not talking jaywalking here, this is like illegal manufacture of WMDs in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos2frozen
You would forgive a known criminal for all his acts of terror, because he came on television and say that he has a VERY Good reason for doing it, and that it's for the sake of the people, and that it's not his fault.

But you still don't know his reasons, do you.
arkhangelsk, despite all your words in defense of Scaglietti, you never answered Chaos' question: Despite his hostile and aggressive actions, why, based on just one statement, do you trust this man? I too would like to hear your answer.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:55   Link #338
Fabien

Quote:
Grabbing something he might have made himself (Vivio)?
Vivio isn't something, she's someone. But I see your point. However, after episode 10, I had the impression that he wasn't Vivio's creator. That idea is scary, since it means there's another mad scientist in activity.
Old 2007-07-23, 19:59   Link #339
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
arkhangelsk, despite all your words in defense of Scaglietti, you never answered Chaos' question: Despite his hostile and aggressive actions, why, based on just one statement, do you trust this man? I too would like to hear your answer.
I suppose you've watched Nanoha A's.
Tell me, what did you think of the Volkenritters' actions after having watched episode 2?
Did your opinion change after watching episode 6?
Old 2007-07-23, 20:02   Link #340
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"

Quote:
Which ones. So far, except for attacking the HQs, what else has he done?
I'm suprised that you could shrugged off something like that. That is already the worst thing he could have done.

Quote:
Grabbing a few crystal-like objects that in TSAB hands will be studied a bit and then put into a seal (useless).
You seriously underestimate the lost logias huh? Especially the dangerous non-auctionable ones.

It's like stealing Uranium.

Quote:
Grabbing something he might have made himself (Vivio)?
Saying Vivio is 'something' is like throwing what Fate has gone through right back at her face.

And no, he didn't create her.

Quote:
Setting aup a few labs in obscure locations?
Performing Illegal research.

Quote:
Made a dozen sentokijin - a violation of law but not more than that by itself.
You saying he's above the law? That's rich...