AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-22, 22:59   Link #161
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappy View Post
Sociopaths usually do manage to find a reason to excuse their behaviour.
Are you talking about Jail, Regius, or both? :-p

Apparently Jail wants to physicall/magically improve humans. I personnally find that creepy, but from the scientist's point of vue, it might appear like a good thing. And the TSAB does hamper his work.

And deciding whether his a Bad Guy or not, is IMHO a matter of personal opinion, not a Universal Truth.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 22:59   Link #162
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
So...if Subaru is a cyborg, what is the little girl that Nanoha saved right at the start of episode 1? I don't think cyborgs can grow into teenagehood naturally.

There has to be some other explanation to this. Maybe the arm that was injured was merely a cybernetic replacement, and the body itself is still largely organic.

Or maybe, just maybe, it is a plothole that will be conveniently forgotten and never resolved.
hmm...this is true, and if it is, it blows my theory of how Subaru and Ginga became cyborgs in my previous posts....
oh wells...

If Subaru will be dual wielding by the time of the final battle, then if Ginga's going to become an enemy of TSAB due to brainwashing by Scaglietti, I wonder what weapon she will be using against Subaru and TSAB...
Old 2007-07-22, 23:01   Link #163
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Correction. The drones were no longer lethal by the time of the announcement. We could see Teana helping with evacuations WHILE the drones were flying around just several meters away.
So all the drama about depowering the entire crew and shooting at them is forgiven with a public service announcement?

This is like Godzilla apologising after the latest Neo-Tokyo rampage.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:03   Link #164
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
So...if Subaru is a cyborg, what is the little girl that Nanoha saved right at the start of episode 1? I don't think cyborgs can grow into teenagehood naturally.
Cyborgs with technology similar to what we know, can't grow.
But I can't see why a technology a little bit more advanced couldn't create mechanical body parts that grow with the host.

Besides, right now, we know that her left arm is mechanical. That's all.
Old 2007-07-22, 23:05   Link #165
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Are you talking about Jail, Regius, or both? :-p

Apparently Jail wants to physicall/magically improve humans. I personnally find that creepy, but from the scientist's point of vue, it might appear like a good thing. And the TSAB does hamper his work.

And deciding whether his a Bad Guy or not, is IMHO a matter of personal opinion, not a Universal Truth.
So a difference in philosophy over the use of technology and magic gives Jail the right to have his minions beat Ginga to a bloody pulp and kidnap her and Vivio for his own ends?
Old 2007-07-22, 23:05   Link #166
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
if Ginga's going to become an enemy of TSAB due to brainwashing by Scaglietti, I wonder what weapon she will be using against Subaru and TSAB...
Jail can provide new revolver knuckles, like he did for one of the Numbers.
Old 2007-07-22, 23:10   Link #167
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
It looks like the numbers stripped Ginga's knuckle and skates. It didn't look like any of the numbers picked them up before fleeing so presumably they've been left behind.
Yes, I am aware that the Numbers had discarded Ginga's armaments when they packed her off in a shipping crate. Hence my comment. The series is certainly placed for Subaru coming to terms with her true past, some obscene powering up, the cliched but still awesome "I must get stronger! I must rescue my sister!" speech, followed by Mother Nakajima-style dual-wielding.

Bet most people expected Ginga as the older of the two sisters to continue the dual-wielding legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien
But I can't see why a technology a little bit more advanced couldn't create mechanical body parts that grow with the host.

Intelligent, adaptive hydraulics?
Isn't that what modern scientists are working towards?
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:13   Link #168
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
So a difference in philosophy over the use of technology and magic gives Jail the right to have his minions beat Ginga to a bloody pulp and kidnap her and Vivio for his own ends?
Every real-life army or police force does its share of bad actions, and TSAB and Jail's forces are no exception to the rule.

I don't mean to say that Jail is an angel; I'm merely trying to say that there's no reason to decide that one (Jail) is the Bad Guy and the other (TSAB) is the Good Guy(s). They're symmetrical.

Jail appears to be the Bad Guy because the show is called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. He might have appeared as the Good Guy if the show was called Magical Girl Lyrical Lutecia.

...and on that note, good night ;-)
Old 2007-07-22, 23:15   Link #169
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Bet most people expected Ginga as the older of the two sisters to continue the dual-wielding legacy.
Yep, especially since before Subaru was rescued by Nanoha, she wasn't interested in fighting.
Old 2007-07-22, 23:17   Link #170
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Er...wasn't it obvious as day the moment it was stated there was a 2nd knuckle, that Subaru would be the one to dual-wield if it ever comes to that?

Since she's like...a main character and all... (( as opposed to Ginga ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:20   Link #171
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Not completely mechanical of course, since we still see blood coming out of her hands when she was bashing Cinque's barrier, and there was even blood around the area where her elbow was torn open.

And adaptive mechanics isn't that farfetched... we already have technologies for artificial muscles and such today. Besides, if her cybernetic parts are based on magic it's possible to make them grow along with her biological parts via the same techniques used to transform devices from one form to another.

As for dual Revolver Knuckles... since the revelation of Revolver Knuckle as a pair it's not really unexpected. But I still want to see...

HELL!!!!

AND!!!

HEAVEN!!!!

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:21   Link #172
Julius Firefocht

Subaru with the 2nd knuckle would mean......

HELL AND HEAVEN!

Heh, sorry. I can't resist the Gaogaigar reference.

EDIT: Sometimes I swear LoweGear can read my mind.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:25   Link #173
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Er...wasn't it obvious as day the moment it was stated there was a 2nd knuckle, that Subaru would be the one to dual-wield if it ever comes to that?

Since she's like...a main character and all... (( as opposed to Ginga ))
True. However, Ginga could still dual-wield.
Just not the pair that their mother used.
Jail and the Frankenstein experiments could yield some surprising results.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:40   Link #174
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well nice to know if I ever have an issue with the government and gain the ability to overthrow it I've got Fabien's backing. Nice that if you've got the power to do something you should just go ahead. But really all I see this Doctor is as a guy who wants to do something and has no issue destroying the current system to make things easier on himself. Since his current ways clearly breach a large number of laws to do his work easier it seems he'll happily destroy TSAB. Very much doubt he's out for some grand purpose to make the world a better place.

Yeah I think there would be some mechanical term that could explain it growing along with Subaru and Ginga. With the level of technology we're talking about creating artificial bodies that can mimic the growth of biological bodies could be possible. No way I can explain it but I'm sure they can pull it off.

Worried about what that nut job has in store for Vivio. Things aren't nearly over yet and I'd love an idea about what his goal is. I'm sure doing damage to TSAB and trying to gain support for what he can offer will help him. Can't hurt to have more funds probably coming his way and maybe people helping him get supplies (not that it seems to have been an issue). Really curious what's going to happen now.
Old 2007-07-22, 23:46   Link #175
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Lunch break over.

Quote:
From TSAB's point of vue: Jail is a Bad Guy, you have to stop him by any means necessary, including violence.
From Jail's point of vue: TSAB are Bads Guys, you have to stop them by any means necessary, including violence.
But Their reason for violence is worlds apart. Jail has proven several times that he would use force to get what he wants. Hence the TSAB deemed him as a threat.

TSAB doesn't let Jail do what he wants, hence he deems them as a threat.

GET IT? Their reasons for violence are not the same, you can't compare them from that.

Quote:
I really don't think I used that word.
Yeah, I corrected myself.

Quote:
Yes and no. He thinks that TSAB's law hampers humanity's development.
Base on the fact the they don't allow HIM to proceed with HIS work. I really don't see/hear other people complaining. It's not like the bureau is oppressing anyone.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:49   Link #176
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Latest episode also illustrates the different between Vice and Teana. Teana has absolutely no problems firing a fatal headshot to a loli

In a universe where any kid under 10 has some manner of nuclear weapon, being hesitant with the trigger can have fatal consequences
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:49   Link #177
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

With this epi being way beyond words, I've got nothing much to say except...

Hell! &! Heaven!!!

EVOLUDAR NAKAJIMA!!!

And of course... Let us await the Goddess of Destruction as she prepares to take "wing"...

GINGASIC SUBAIGAR!!!

Royal FUBAR inbound.

~~~~~~

And if I don't sound like me today, it means Darco's using my com to post.

First off I put my 120% support behind Nanoha x Fate

Now onwards to the ep, Males gets beaten up, Subaru goes Seed and Caro near serking summon FTW. It was surpising to see Subaru assoicate with mecha. Makes me wonder if its pre or post birth implants. Vita crying over an overloaded Rein was done quite well, Even if its makes her bit more emo. Zest is more and more cool looking now and his fighting style is more and more similar to Signum, with down to the fire elemental when unsion with Agito...

Now I need to run before Kha gets back up and running, Remember Kha is a faithful member of Legion

~~~~~~

(relogs back into own brain)

...See?

Last edited by Kha; 2007-07-23 at 00:02.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:52   Link #178
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Latest episode also illustrates the different between Vice and Teana. Teana has absolutely no problems firing a fatal headshot to a loli

In a universe where any kid under 10 has some manner of nuclear weapon, being hesitant with the trigger can have fatal consequences

Gotta admit though... you will be hesitant if you shot the hostage you're supposed to save through the eye

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 23:56   Link #179
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
So all the drama about depowering the entire crew and shooting at them is forgiven with a public service announcement?

This is like Godzilla apologising after the latest Neo-Tokyo rampage.
More like "If you have time to be dealing with my junks, you'd better evacuate your personnel, since the clock is ticking. Oh, and I've made it much easier for you, since my drones won't be on the offensive. After-service, if you will."

He's rubbing it on TSAB after his fancy display of fireworks, adding salt to the wound.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 00:02   Link #180
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:

He's rubbing it on TSAB after his fancy display of fireworks, adding salt to wound.
He has better luck saying,

"Excuse me, have you seen where my- SO THERE YOU GIRLS ARE!!! I'm so sorry! It's hard to keep track of all of them, being a single parent and all... Don't worry, I'll make sure they get their just desserts!"

"Girls? What did I say about taking my stuff out to play?!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote