AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-25, 13:09   Link #81
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-How do you figure that Sazelyt? Sure it would prove Tobi is not Obito but I don't see much beyond that. Or perhaps I am not grasping the bigger picture? Would you care to elaborate on this revalations significance since I am rather curious...
There would be lots of questions about him, his relation to Akatsuki - and its real leader (do you remember how AL was talking about Sasuke, like hinting about him being alive, and important information on his sharingan), his relation to Itachi (imagine him being the 3rd Uchiha Itachi mentioned. Can he be the one who helped Itachi killed his clan? Or maybe can he be the one who made Itachi kill his clan?). If he is alive after all these years, if Kyuubi comes once in hundred years, maybe he is more than 100 year old, how can he still be alive? What does he want to achieve? Is it something to do with Kyuubi, like a failed mission from before, or is it something to do with Itachi and Sasuke? You don't think, he would play the role of a mere low-status criminal (according to its partners), after his legendary status even known by Kyuubi.

We can also omit Obito with the mention of name Madara, but, is this really the case? Can he be the spirit occupying Obito's body right now - which is quite possible considering what Oro had achieved?

You see, there would be lots of questions about him. He might be a key to connect many of those things, and be the center player in the future story arcs, including all the important characters (good and evil).

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Legendary? Going so far as to give him a title eh..
How do you consider someone that is even remembered by Kyuubi in addition to possibly being a very famous early MS users, and being erased from Uchiha history (most probably, because of the evil things he had done). And, considering how the sannins are considered as legendary, I think, it won't be ridiculous to also give him a title like that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:18   Link #82
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
How do you consider someone that is even remembered by Kyuubi in addition to possibly being a very famous early MS users, and being erased from Uchiha history (most probably, because of the evil things he had done). And, considering how the sannins are considered as legendary, I think, it won't be ridiculous to also give him a title like that.
I meant giving him title or status label outside of the manga.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:25   Link #83
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
There would be lots of questions about him, his relation to Akatsuki - and its real leader (do you remember how AL was talking about Sasuke, like hinting about him being alive, and important information on his sharingan), his relation to Itachi (imagine him being the 3rd Uchiha Itachi mentioned. Can he be the one who helped Itachi killed his clan? Or maybe can he be the one who made Itachi kill his clan?). If he is alive after all these years, if Kyuubi comes once in hundred years, maybe he is more than 100 year old, how can he still be alive? What does he want to achieve? Is it something to do with Kyuubi, like a failed mission from before, or is it something to do with Itachi and Sasuke? You don't think, he would play the role of a mere low-status criminal (according to its partners), after his legendary status even known by Kyuubi.

We can also omit Obito with the mention of name Madara, but, is this really the case? Can he be the spirit occupying Obito's body right now - which is quite possible considering what Oro had achieved?

You see, there would be lots of questions about him. He might be a key to connect many of those things, and be the center player in the future story arcs, including all the important characters (good and evil).
-So I see, thanks for clearing that up. In other words since Madara is a complete mystery aside from his name and apparent connection to the character named "Tobi" he can be used by Kishimoto in various ways to tie many loose ends or otherwise unknown/unexplained points, right?
Old 2007-07-25, 13:41   Link #84
Rahan

Looks like Tobi's speech doesn't really mean he is Madara. The litteral translation is "this is the power of Uchiha Madara". This expression can be used when talking about yourself (Zabuza apparently did againt Kakashi), but Tobi could be as well commenting Sasuke's fight and comparing Sasuke to Madara. (which is more likely. I don't see Kishi revealing Al and Madara in 2 chapters)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:42   Link #85
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Spoiler:

The Touch is supposed to be reliable, right ? Because it looks really fake to me.
Can anyone else confirm that this is, indeed, what the text says in that spoiler picture? If it is, then I'd call the picture a fake; if it says something different, then I'd be willing to say that we're looking at Obito.

Edit: Wow, you managed to post and clear that up exactly 1 minute before I asked about it. Thanks (rep for you).
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:43   Link #86
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Um guys just because Tobi has sharingan in one eye doesn't mean he actually has it. I'm pretty sure Madara probably lent Tobi his power for a while. That is why he said Madara Uchiha's power is his.

Oh....Rahan beat me to it, forget I said anything.

Last edited by Kyu410; 2007-07-25 at 14:00.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:46   Link #87
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Edit: Wow, you managed to post and clear that up exactly 1 minute before I asked about it. Thanks (rep for you).
Well, don't trust me on this. I am just comparing the translations and translators notes and thinking about what is the most likely.
Thanks for the rep though.

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-07-25 at 13:57.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:06   Link #88
itachi29al

Spoiler for new pic:
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:18   Link #89
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Spoiler for new pic:
So we might get to see his face. The plot thickens.....
Old 2007-07-25, 14:19   Link #90
0200461b
The Last Vaizard

The mask broke! As if the suspense wasn't enough
0200461b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:24   Link #91
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Looks like Tobi's speech doesn't really mean he is Madara. The litteral translation is "this is the power of Uchiha Madara". This expression can be used when talking about yourself (Zabuza apparently did againt Kakashi)...
I think the majority of the translators (including a rather trustable one who is in this business for a long time, nihongaeri) consider this along the lines of "my power", and as referring to himself.
Old 2007-07-25, 14:29   Link #92
othafa

Could this be interpretted as "My power [derived from] Uchiha Madara"? As in, this is the power bestowed upon me through my heritage?
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:33   Link #93
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

If Tobi = Madara, and concurrently Obito (meaning he survived), that means he was around for the events of Yondaime reaching Hokage status, Kyuubi attacking Konoha and his eventual sealing by the 4th. So, considering Kyuubi knows Uchiha Madara this may mean he encountered Uchiha Madara aka Tobi of Akatsuki aka Uchiha Obito around this time.

Do you think he can be all three people? I do.

It was never stated that the first MS user was Madara so it rules out a possibility that it HAS to be a historically different person.

What if the events of Obito's "death" translate to a scenario of the emergence of a persona that is "Uchiha Madara"?
Old 2007-07-25, 14:38   Link #94
Icer

It is a bit odd to state it like that (if its true), but we can finally put the Obito theories to rest. Wow Yondaime=AL and Obito=Tobi in 2 chapters eliminated. Would be great
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:42   Link #95
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Or it could be that Tobi refers to his 2nd identity (under the mask) to be Madara Uchiha(but then again I highly doubt that).

Also I don't think Obito's death can make an emergence of Madara Uchiha because he lost both his sharingan. So it wouldn't make sense for the story to go that way.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:49   Link #96
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
Or it could be that Tobi refers to his 2nd identity (under the mask) to be Madara Uchiha(but then again I highly doubt that).

Also I don't think Obito's death can make an emergence of Madara Uchiha because he lost both his sharingan. So it wouldn't make sense for the story to go that way.
If he is Obito he survived, and the spot over his mask is the spot of the remaining eye he had when he was under the boulders. That's IF he is Obito, he didn't lose both his eyes. He has one left.
Old 2007-07-25, 14:51   Link #97
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer View Post
It is a bit odd to state it like that (if its true), but we can finally put the Obito theories to rest. Wow Yondaime=AL and Obito=Tobi in 2 chapters eliminated.
The real AL is still unknown. And, it is still not known, if Tobi is Madara, whether he is completely himself (in his original body) or he is occupying another person's body (like what Oro did, and, for instance, using an initially injured but somewhat healed Obito's body).
Old 2007-07-25, 14:53   Link #98
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingard View Post
God I hope it isn't Obito.
Looks like a fake though.. hope it's not, I would love to see that legendary Madara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Legendary? Going so far as to give him a title eh..
Hahha my thoughts exactly....Kyuubi mentioned Madara and he is already known as legendary?.... So far this guy is a myth
Old 2007-07-25, 14:55   Link #99
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
the leader was reviled, the hidden shadow was more of a consultant.
Old 2007-07-25, 15:15   Link #100
shaselai

if tobi is madara then he must be possesed somehow... i mean tobi looks and acts more like a kid than anything else. Also, does madara really need to go through that trouble acting how Tobi acts (coward and comedian) to hide his powers? Seems more Obito than madara..
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote