AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-23, 03:09   Link #221
Confessa
A White Rose

Well...check the other threads as Noriko said...Ahh, never mind. You can find the answer in some other thread, about some Vol. 23 or something like that. ^^

Sorry if I spoiled anyone. I was going to write READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. I don't know why it's not there...
Old 2007-08-23, 06:15   Link #222
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Nah.. You already put spoiler tag, you don't need to put another one or 20 or so.. If it said "spoiler" then it's a "spoiler", so anyone who didn't want to get spoiled but opened it is their problem.. =P

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum
Old 2007-08-23, 07:00   Link #223
AMANE

Thank you all for trying help me.......I don't like to read novels coz it in JP

and I can't feel comfortable when i read the sub...I prefer to see it As OVA or TV episodes.

Another question about The ENG sub team ..........Will they take a long time as they did in the ovas in transulating the next 4th season if we assumed that it will be a TV series.?

Last edited by AMANE; 2007-08-23 at 07:33.
Old 2007-08-25, 01:16   Link #224
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

I don't know about how long they took to translate the 1st and 2nd Season, but for the 4th Season (who knows when will appear), for it to be subbed will take around 2 to 3 weeks, just like in the OVAs, or maybe even a lot faster. Fans of Maria-sama are growing in numbers.
Old 2007-08-25, 05:31   Link #225
AMANE

Nice to hear that the fans being alot these days
Old 2007-08-25, 22:16   Link #226
isolatedincidence

Send a message via AIM to isolatedincidence
Sorry if this has been asked, but I do not wish to flip through pages of posts for fear of being spoiled. I see the crunchyroll link, but is there a torrent available for the 5th OVA? And how well done are the subs, in comparison with Yamayuri or Lililicious' work?

Also, definitely looking forward to the 4th season. I literally jumped for joy on July 18th
Old 2007-08-26, 02:35   Link #227
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Originally Posted by isolatedincidence View Post
Sorry if this has been asked, but I do not wish to flip through pages of posts for fear of being spoiled. I see the crunchyroll link, but is there a torrent available for the 5th OVA? And how well done are the subs, in comparison with Yamayuri or Lililicious' work?

Also, definitely looking forward to the 4th season. I literally jumped for joy on July 18th
There's a torrent for the raw, with a soft-sub to use with it. Well, it's a soft-sub, and a speedy one, so there are missing bits and errors in translations apparently... Lililicious and yamayuri's works are obviously a lot better in terms of good translation (even if they had differences in it) as well as the prettiness of the fonts, etc....that's why they take more time to do theirs.

I'm PMing you the link of the torrent, because the rules ask us NOT to share those on the forums

Yeah, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the last image of the ova saying the 4th season will be coming! n_n

Bonjour >> actually, there used to be a lot more people participating here when the first and second seasons were airing......I'm sure a lot still watch Marimite but don't post here anymore
Old 2007-08-30, 18:37   Link #228
SilentBob
I like corm

Oh, Yamayuri's got the 5th out. \o/ Thanks!
Old 2007-08-30, 20:00   Link #229
cmage

Is there anywhere that I can find the fifth OVA via DDL or IRC? My school's got torrents blocked. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance!
Old 2007-08-30, 22:56   Link #230
jedinat
フリーター

Bleh, I just realized the fifth episode was the last one. What's with that? Any word on a new series coming out?

It was an okay episode, but probably my least favorite of the five. I though they'd at least resolve Yumi's petite-soeur this series
Old 2007-08-31, 01:10   Link #231
Confessa
A White Rose

What is a torrent? How do you use it? I have no other place to ask these questions, so can someone tell me?

Vote for Tyla at http://www.petitiononline.com/timlyla/petition.html

The rebel and the princess.
Old 2007-08-31, 02:56   Link #232
Leedizzle

Mmm.... One of the most delicious if not the most delicious episode of Maria-sama I've seen.
Old 2007-08-31, 04:30   Link #233
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessa View Post
What is a torrent? How do you use it? I have no other place to ask these questions, so can someone tell me?
I'm surprised you're on Animesuki while not coming here for torrents ! O_o since it's the main activity of the site....
Anyway, here :
http://animesuki.com/faq.php

Quote:
Is there anywhere that I can find the fifth OVA via DDL or IRC? My school's got torrents blocked. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance!
Lililicious usually release also in direct download...just wait for them to make the release
Quote:
Bleh, I just realized the fifth episode was the last one. What's with that? Any word on a new series coming out?
Hem.... Yes, actually, there's a thread about the next season on this very board, and also, just a few posts above yours, I mentioned something about the next season, so you could have understood the answer from here too..... :
Quote:
my heart skipped a beat when I saw the last image of the ova saying the 4th season will be coming! n_n
Old 2007-08-31, 08:17   Link #234
Stephanie

@Silent Bob
ZOMG!! *Downloads Quickly*

@Cmage
You can go to crunchyroll.com and look for it if you can't download it from torrent..

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Old 2007-08-31, 08:56   Link #235
Dop
We can't stop here...

Ah, wonderful.

Loved the bit where they're looking at Michelangelo's The Last Judgement, where Shimako is in tears, and Yoshino comes up and says:-
"Oh my, how pudgy our lord Jesus has become."
Marvellous.

So looking forward to the fourth season!

But.. Do Italian weathermen really dress up like Generals?
Old 2007-08-31, 13:52   Link #236
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Ah, wonderful.

Loved the bit where they're looking at Michelangelo's The Last Judgement, where Shimako is in tears, and Yoshino comes up and says:-
Marvellous.

So looking forward to the fourth season!

Hahaha!! Yeah, taht made me laugh a lot too, especially after, when Yumi looks at both of them and concludes : "They're still both close friends of mine..."
Old 2007-08-31, 22:32   Link #237
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Fantastic episode. Best of this series, I'd say. Obviously, doesn't really serve well as a conclusion of any sort, but it doesn't much matter, since we all know there's going to be a fourth season.

I loved the amount of effort they put into showing Italy. The country has some of the most beautiful buildings in the world, and it would have been disappointing if they just passed it over as a minor detail, rather than really letting it come to the foreground as they did. As usual, lot's of great character interactions, and all that other stuff that we've come to love of Marimite. I love how close these characters have become with one another. The scene with Yumi and Yoshino in the hotel ("you're the only one I can show weakness to") was a highlight.

Quote:
Marvellous.
Oh God, I almost died of laughter at that scene. That was just a brilliant line.
Old 2007-08-31, 23:12   Link #238
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

What can I say, this episode had its moments and I really liked that it had a lot of the underpresented characters that I happen to like - Tsutako (her being so disappointed about not being able to take a picture of her classmate who had a fear of flying was so typical ) , Mami and Rosa Canina, plus a whole lot of Yoshino. But at the same time I kept waiting for something important to happen (I know full well that Marimite is not really plot driven, so don't kill me ) but it never did. Just Sachiko and Yumi getting ever closer (which is nice but it happened in every oother OVA episode and got repetitive) and constant hints about Yumi choosing petite soeur soon. And teasing us with rumours about Satou Sei without her getting screentime was certainy disappointing. I guess I have to blame my high expectations.

It was kind of funny that they went all the way to Italy but still remained dressed in the good ol' Lilian uniforms.

Old 2007-08-31, 23:54   Link #239
Stephanie

Ohhh!! There's a lot missed and mistranslated at the soft-sub!
I TOTALLY love love love love love the fansub! *sigh*

There were mistranslations on Sachiko and Yumi when Yumi got back..
You're right Noriko, Sachiko did say, "I'll never forget it in my lifetime.."

Ahh!! So sweet, I'll melt
And yeah, I also laughed hard when Yoshino and Shimako were observing the drawing, lol.. (Though, for the 4th time watching it, I saw a misty effect added to Shimako for 'sympathize with her' or something like that, lol)

Yep, I also love the way they showed the buildings, paintings, and even the sound usually heard in Italy (I've never been there, but I played games involving Italy and the background sounds were really like that.)

So far, I love the 5th and 1st OVA most.. Lovely..
And it's the 1st time I also saw Tsutako's weakness (doesn't want to climb the leaning tower anymore.)

When I first watched it, I kinda felt irritated with Yumi.. After Shimako said that Sei was probably there but didn't show up, all Yumi could think about was her onee-sama.. She didn't even sympathize with Shimako..

Anyyywayy..
What the soft-sub missed was, Yumi talking about Sachiko going to collage (that was dear, it seems she'll feel the same way later on, they are only separated by vogue reasons like place) and stuff..

Old 2007-09-01, 12:17   Link #240
Fei Fong Wong

Quote:
As absurd it seems, weathermen of the italian state owned and private televisions are often officers
of the Aeronautica Militare (Air force).
In the past, a famous one was Edmondo Bernacca with the rank of colonel and now a well known
weatherman is Mario Giuliacci which is also a colonel of the air forces.
Closed Thread