AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 00:47   Link #61
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeferah View Post
Some small notes: some people talk about Europe like it's one country ?I guess you can compare that to "I've never been to Asia", making it look like Arabia is almost the same as China. It's a bit odd to see really
Hm? Isn't the place called EU nowadays? *ducks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriko View Post
Spoiler for reply to dahl_moon:
Well... I don't remember exactly,
Spoiler for Reply to Noriko:

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-07-29 at 01:26.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:39   Link #62
Kimmie-chan

Send a message via MSN to Kimmie-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Spoiler for Shimako in later volumes:
I'm so unbelivebly jealous of you and the others who are able to read the novels >.< I believe I need to start bombarding companies with some emails ^^

Spoiler for Sei and Noriko in doujinshi:

And Gokigenyou to everyone. I just recently joined in on the discussions about Marimite (lurked for a while) >.< yorosihku. Everyone looks like they have so much fun discussing this wonderful series, I coudln't help but join in ^^
Old 2007-07-29, 04:35   Link #63
Xeferah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie-chan View Post
I'm so unbelivebly jealous of you and the others who are able to read the novels >.< I believe I need to start bombarding companies with some emails ^^
In that case I'm "lucky" to be able to read german, at least I can read the first 4 novels and they only bring out a new one every 3 months. I thought the Japanese novels were around number 29 ? Then it will only take 6 years to read them all, asuming that there will be no new novels. In reality it means that this company will stay 6 years behind

I bombarded them with emails too, and so far the best reaction was "We can't deliver outside germany, please try amazon.de" and the other one was "The reason we're 6 years behind is that we don't have all the licences yet" combined with "I'm sorry, we won't discuss our strategy regarding the marketing of the novels." In other words: better luck in the next 10 years

To the Japanese Novel readers, a weird question: What "educational level" would you say you need to read the novels ? I mean, in Japan you learned around 1000 kanji in the Elementary school, right ? So I asume those are the "easier" kanji. I am learning Japanese now, so I was wondering if I could use those to improve my reading. Considder my reading somewhere halfway Elementary School.
Old 2007-07-29, 06:16   Link #64
ZaLhErA
Undine of the Rebellion

Quote:
I thought the Japanese novels were around number 29 ?
The latest volume is 30 "Frame of Mind" collection of 9 short novels in the theme "photograph"

I haven't read Novel yet but I saw some spoiler from Wiki Japan
Spoiler for Novel No.29:
Old 2007-07-29, 07:00   Link #65
Kimmie-chan

Send a message via MSN to Kimmie-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaLhErA View Post
Spoiler for Novel No.29:
Spoiler for Future Rosa Chinensis:
Old 2007-07-29, 08:25   Link #66
disney72
Going Bonklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart View Post
You dont need to torrent it, this is an *.ass (Advanced SubStation Alpha Subtitle) file
This is only just a subtitle fansub for those who own the DVD or video file.
We dont provide a raw here in Animesuki.
thanks.. im watching it now subbed.. its quite OK.. ill tell the rest when im done..
Old 2007-07-29, 08:26   Link #67
disney72
Going Bonklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
I love you noriko . THANKS!!
no.. i love her more.. hehehe
Old 2007-07-29, 11:09   Link #68
mdauben

I just watched the soft-subs, and now that I know what's going on I have to say for me it's probably by far the weakest of the five OVAs.

Spoiler for OVA 5:

I'm glad that announced a fourth season for Marimite before I saw this, as this would have been a very disappointing finale to the series.

Spoiler for Souvenirs:
Old 2007-07-29, 11:53   Link #69
m000m000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Spoiler for OVA 5:
But, but.. ...that's Sachiko for you .

But yeah, I too thought this was overall the weakest episode from the OVA. Not bad, but not really engaging - In a way, it felt surprisingly 'uneventful', because nothing particular happens - It's mostly just reflection and underlining of "old stuff". Enjoyable as always, but not really engaging.
Not saying "a lot of stuff" happens in the other episodes, but they somehow fel like they are moving things along in the back at the very least - for example, the first episode of the OVA was pretty 'uneventful' in itself, but it still was one of the better episodes in the series in my opinion, simply because it manages to highlight just how much Yumi's and Sachiko's relationship has evolved since the end of Haru. The stark contrast was quite staggering and wonderfully exhilarating.
Old 2007-07-29, 14:14   Link #70
Rakki
Cyberbird

Send a message via AIM to Rakki Send a message via MSN to Rakki
Thanks so much for the softsub link!

And this episode really reminded me of Aria, if any of you have seen it. It was really beautiful; I didn't mind all of the stills, just because it was so gorgeous.
Atleast there was Yumi and Yoshino development...I guess. >_O;

The first and fourth OVAs I think are my favorites so far...The more Sachiko/Yumi time, the better. ^___^The OVAs are kind of making me miss the episode format...It seemed like there was more of a general...more coherent semblance of plot. To me, atleast. And it seemed to focus more evenly on the three Rosa storylines...Er. I guess it seemed more character driven than the OVAs.
Old 2007-07-29, 14:47   Link #71
zefier

Smile

Spoiler for Souvenirs:

I would want to know if anyone has seen the naisho of this ova, or where it is..
(im also new here )
Old 2007-07-29, 18:25   Link #72
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Spoiler for Souvenirs:
Isn't it the thought that counts?
Old 2007-07-29, 21:18   Link #73
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Some odd reason I can't get soft-sub to work for me so I'll wait for the regular sub to be release.
Old 2007-07-29, 23:32   Link #74
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Some odd reason I can't get soft-sub to work for me so I'll wait for the regular sub to be release.
Maybe your problem is the same as mine : I had to change the extension .ass to .ssa, and everything worked well (used BSPLAYER, slided the soft-sub directly to the video screen, not to the playlist as i thought i was supposed to do at first, and it worked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefier View Post
Spoiler for Souvenirs:

I would want to know if anyone has seen the naisho of this ova, or where it is..
(im also new here )
Like Sarah89 said, it's the thought, the thought ^^; I don't know but I used to have japanese penpals, and we often sent each other "small gifts" like pens/note books/calendars/photos/stickers, etc... with typical designs from our country, so I didn't find Yumi's gifts weird (but it's true I didn't find them obviously Italian though)

I think Touko's and Kanako's faces were mostly due to their surprise at receiving a gift at all, plus, they were called out together for this, which I think, intrigued them. (and also, pink doesn't appear to me to fit either of them, though it's Yumi-like cute, so maybe they were just thinking : "PINK?...hum" ^-^;;; )

Old 2007-07-29, 23:50   Link #75
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

For those who bought the collector edition DVD of 5th OVA, what is the surprise item this time? Is it Yoshino's towel?
Old 2007-07-30, 00:27   Link #76
zefier

i thought in the hotels towels first….xD but know that i remember that cute thing… xD it could be like a “small gift” for the dvd buyers, and everything could have sense (just related to the gift matter....)
Old 2007-07-30, 14:49   Link #77
AMANE

Well........I think that Maria-sama ga miteru is on-going series..Unless the company stop writting novels don't you think?
Old 2007-07-30, 17:54   Link #78
Xeferah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMANE View Post
Well........I think that Maria-sama ga miteru is on-going series..Unless the company stop writting novels don't you think?
I would love to think like that, but unfortunatelly it's not true. Sadly there are plenty examples of anime that did not continue, although the novels did. Or the other way around if there was an anime first, and novels were made after that.

But can anyone answer this for me please ?
Quote:
To the Japanese Novel readers, a weird question: What "educational level" would you say you need to read the novels ? I mean, in Japan you learned around 1000 kanji in the Elementary school, right ? So I asume those are the "easier" kanji. I am learning Japanese now, so I was wondering if I could use those to improve my reading. Considder my reading somewhere halfway Elementary School.
I checked my Japanese books, and the name of the characters I *should* master soon are called the kyouiku-(you)-kanji (教育(用)漢字). I mean, I have to improve my reading and the only way to do that is to practise, so why not practise with some fun novels to read ;-)
Can this be done with this (basic) knowledge of the kanji, or should I wait one (or two) more years till I learned all the jouyou-kanji (常用漢字) ?
Old 2007-07-30, 20:00   Link #79
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I liked this episode a lot since it focuses on interactions with the "other characters," like Yoshino, Mami, Tsutako, Sizuka, etc. The girls have lives other than with their seours. For me, the last scene about the postcard was more than enough to show the bonding between Yumi and Sachiko.

Quote:
But can anyone answer this for me please ?
I checked my Japanese books, and the name of the characters I *should* master soon are called the kyouiku-(you)-kanji (教育(用)漢字). I mean, I have to improve my reading and the only way to do that is to practise, so why not practise with some fun novels to read ;-)
Can this be done with this (basic) knowledge of the kanji, or should I wait one (or two) more years till I learned all the jouyou-kanji (常用漢字) ?
Sorry, must have missed this your question. For the level of kanji, I have no idea what level kyouiku-kanji is. But do you know how to use the kanji dictionary (esp. knowledge on using radicals)? If you have this knowledge, you should probably be able to work your way through, albeit in a slower pace (it took me 3 weeks to get through a single volume). The book does not have the pronounciation for all kanji.

This site has the translations and original text of volume 1 side-by-side: http://ziggr.com/mariasama/. You might want to try printing out the first few chapters and read them yourself, without the translations. Actually, since you (presumably) know what happens in volume 1, try around chapter 4 or 5, where the real action starts. If you're stuck, just trudge along. No one will mark off your grades if you skip a few sentences every now and then.

Lastly, have fun:-) I might suggest volume 16, "Variety Gift," since its not handled in the anime and keeps you wanting for more Welcome to the club!

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-07-30 at 21:11.
Old 2007-07-31, 06:58   Link #80
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Hello! I'm a new member.. n_n

Anyway, for so long, I've been visiting this MariMite AnimeSuki forum and just read read read.. So, this time I want to post.

1.) Are Sachiko and Yumi still really that naive to each other? o_O
In the 1st OVA, the ending was Yumi wanted to sleep the whole day with Sachiko at her summer house, they just wanna lay down all they with each other..

Aww.. They have to cut that part out? How unfair.. T__T
I wonder what they did? Stare at each other? -____-

2.) What is "soft-sub"? n_n
(I want to watch 5th OVA!!)

3.) In ziggr link, they didn't have the novel review when Yumi went to Sachiko's house in New Year.. Gosh, I wanted to read that.. D:

4.) Hey, did you guys know about this group called Lililicious?
Scantalation link:
http://www.lililicious.net/projectDet.php?id=10

That's all..

And weee.. I wanna see the 5th OVA now now NOW!! D:

Oh yeah.. One more

5.) Is it just me, or OVA 2 n 4 didn't really have much of an appeal? Also Sachiko looks like Yumi's mom in the OVAs!! D:

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum
Closed Thread