AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-31, 10:31   Link #81
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
1.) Are Sachiko and Yumi still really that naive to each other? o_O
In the 1st OVA, the ending was Yumi wanted to sleep the whole day with Sachiko at her summer house, they just wanna lay down all they with each other..
I think that Yumi was just satisfied spending time alone with Sachiko, without having to do anything (or have anyone else get in the way). I don't think anything "funny" happened.

Quote:
2.) What is "soft-sub"? n_n
(I want to watch 5th OVA!!)
The sub is available as a separate file (with the .ass extention). You need both the subtitle file, and the RAW file (the episode without any added subs) and then you play them both togther and your software inserts the subtitles from the .ass file onto the screen as the RAW file plays. Exactly how that works depends on the software you are using to view it with.

Quote:
4.) Hey, did you guys know about this group called Lililicious?
Scantalation link:
http://www.lililicious.net/projectDet.php?id=10
Yeah, they are the source for a lot of Marimite (and other shoujo-ai and yuri) stuff.

Quote:
5.) Is it just me, or OVA 2 n 4 didn't really have much of an appeal? Also Sachiko looks like Yumi's mom in the OVAs!! D:
I liked 2 and 3, although 4 (the panda episode) was not my favorite. I though that Yumi's Mom looked more like Yumi that Sachiko, though!
Old 2007-07-31, 10:41   Link #82
ZaLhErA
Undine of the Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I liked 2 and 3, although 4 (the panda episode) was not my favorite. I though that Yumi's Mom looked more like Yumi that Sachiko, though!
Isn't the 3rd volume featuring Panda?
Old 2007-07-31, 10:49   Link #83
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaLhErA View Post
Isn't the 3rd volume featuring Panda?
Oh, that's right! I forgot that ep 4 was the Lillian festival. The Hanadera festival (with the Panda scene) was ep. 3
Old 2007-08-01, 12:31   Link #84
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Quote:
I thought that Yumi's Mom looked more like Yumi than Sachiko, though!
What I meant was, Sachiko looks more cuter, hotter and a teenager in the series than in the OVA.. =P

Oh yeah, sorry to bring an old topic back, but remember the scene in the 2nd Season 13th Ep where Sachiko and Yumi and the silly flowery background appeared?

I just have a question..

Right, first Sachiko said, "Am I dreaming?"
Then it went in a flashback about her grandmother saying the same thing to her petite souer.

So, was it that Sachiko was just reminicing her grandmother's final moments or what? Right?
Not that she really feels sorry for Yumi and it's a miracle Yumi's there..
I kinda felt that way, she did exactly what her grandma did.

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-01 at 12:48. Reason: So there's no double posting.. =P
Old 2007-08-01, 12:48   Link #85
ZaLhErA
Undine of the Rebellion

Quote:
What I meant was, Sachiko looks more cuter, hotter and a teenager in the series than in the OVA.. =P
I think the director want Sachiko's image to changes since she met Yumi. At first she seems to be the scary person (and it looks like Youko thought of Sachiko as "Monster" when they weren't souer ---- from short novel) , and now she turn to more gentle and sociable person.

Amm...it's sure that she looks more TEENAGER in TV series
Old 2007-08-01, 12:51   Link #86
Stephanie

Waaa.. But Sachiko looked better in the series.. =(

Hehe.. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
Oh yeah, sorry to bring an old topic back, but remember the scene in the 2nd Season 13th Ep where Sachiko and Yumi and the silly flowery background appeared?

I just have a question..

Then it went in a flashback about her grandmother saying the same thing to her petite souer.

So, was it that Sachiko was just reminicing her grandmother's final moments or what? Right?
Not that she really feels sorry for Yumi and it's a miracle Yumi's there..
I kinda felt that way, she did exactly what her grandma did.

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Old 2007-08-01, 13:19   Link #87
AMANE

Hey guys do you think that the first appearance for the 4th season will be in september???

(like the period between two ovas)

Last edited by AMANE; 2007-08-01 at 13:37.
Old 2007-08-01, 14:02   Link #88
mdauben

Quote:
Then it went in a
I don't think it was so much Sachiko remembering what happened when her grandmother's souer showed up. I think it was just supposed to show how their situtions mirrored each other. Both Sachiko and her Grandmother had become estranged from their souers over some silly misunderstanding, but they were both (Sachiko & her Grandmother) too proud or stuborn to make the first move.

It was just lucky for Sachiko that she didn't have to wait 60 years for Yumi to show back up.
Old 2007-08-02, 07:51   Link #89
haruhi_sae

gokigenyou mina-san!
im practically new here, i'm scanning all the post here, and found very interesting discussions. im also a fan of maria-sama ga miteru. recently i downloaded the raw copy of the 5th OVA no subs too bad i don't understand nor speak japanese, but thanks for the person who post the soft-sub link i can now understand.

i guess it isn't the best ep for me, it only portray the feeling of longing for someone (i think)
Old 2007-08-02, 10:31   Link #90
Stephanie

Quote:
I don't think it was so much Sachiko remembering what happened when her grandmother's souer showed up. I think it was just supposed to show how their situtions mirrored each other. Both Sachiko and her Grandmother had become estranged from their souers over some silly misunderstanding, but they were both (Sachiko & her Grandmother) too proud or stuborn to make the first move.

It was just lucky for Sachiko that she didn't have to wait 60 years for Yumi to show back up.
Well, one of the reasons I thought of that is because I remember what happened to Noriko and Shimako.

Remember the conversation between Tsutako and Shimako?

(Not exact words)
Tsutako: It's more fun to do things your way than having to copy (What Sei did)
Shimako: I don't know, sometimes you can read me..

Shimako was making Noriko fall for her in the gingko trees and stuff..

Can't explain it but it's kinda like a psychology that you try to imitate who you love dearly or something..

That is why I thouht Sachiko only did it because it's what her grandma just did before she died.. EXACTLY THE SAME THING, like Shimako was doing but Tsutako sensed it.. (Btw, Tsutako is the only non-rose family that's my fave n_n She's so cool and wise)

Anyway, I could be wrong.. Just stating my point of view

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-02 at 10:35. Reason: Wrong Spellings.. =P
Old 2007-08-02, 10:33   Link #91
Stephanie

Hi Haruhi Sae! I'm also new! n_n

Old 2007-08-02, 10:50   Link #92
mdauben

Quote:
That is why I thouht Sachiko only did it because it's what her grandma just did before she died.. EXACTLY THE SAME THING, like Shimako was doing but Tsutako sensed it.. (Btw, Tsutako is the only non-rose family that's my fave n_n She's so cool and wise)

You could be right, as I was just stating my impression and I could be wrong.

I agree that Tsutako-san is probably my favorite of the non-Yamayurikai characters, too. She has on more than one occasion helped nudge Yumi in the right direction. It makes me wonder why she never got a grande sœur or petite sœur of her own. It would seem she has a lot to offer.
Old 2007-08-02, 12:19   Link #93
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Well, one of the reasons I thought of that is because I remember what happened to Noriko and Shimako.

Remember the conversation between Tsutako and Shimako?

(Not exact words)
Tsutako: It's more fun to do things your way than having to copy (What Sei did)
Shimako: I don't know, sometimes you can read me..

Shimako was making Noriko fall for her in the gingko trees and stuff..

Can't explain it but it's kinda like a psychology that you try to imitate who you love dearly or something..

Interesting theory, but the only fact that prevent me from adhering to it is, as mdauben said, the fact that Sachiko knew nothing of her Grandmother's situation about the soeur relationship, so even unconsciously, she couldn't have copied it with this intent.

I think everybody likes Tsutako! she has charisma I think the author didn't attributed her an onee-sama to emphasize the fact that Tsutako is already fine and doing great on all aspects on her own : she never needed the guidance of anyone older so far.... as for the imouto side...

Spoiler for for the imouto:

Completely Off-topic but, this forum is really "living" actively recently, it makes me really happy! a lot of posts and discussions, and we even got ourselves some new members who actually post for something else than :"where's the sub? when is the sub coming out? why isn't it here yet (2 days after the release of the raw...)? what's onee-sama?"....not that we didn't receive some of that too, but that's a given anywhere huh ^_~
End of off-topic ^o^;
Old 2007-08-02, 14:40   Link #94
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaLhErA View Post
I think the director want Sachiko's image to changes since she met Yumi. At first she seems to be the scary person (and it looks like Youko thought of Sachiko as "Monster" when they weren't souer ---- from short novel) , and now she turn to more gentle and sociable person.

Amm...it's sure that she looks more TEENAGER in TV series
There were bits in the 1st OVA when she looked great, but later on I started to want her TV series look back. I think I'd agree that she has a softer look about her generally in the OVA, but I really liked the intensity she had in the TV series. Plus her hair looked prettier, IMO ^^ (I think that's the case with all of the characters, though. With the possible exception of Yoshino, who just looks downright hot with her hair down in the 5th OVA .)
Old 2007-08-02, 20:56   Link #95
Stephanie

@mdauben-san
Yeah, Tsutako's like little Youko who can understand what people are thinking/going through but her messages feels more "easy to digest" than Youko who Sei's says intrudes businesses of other people.

I've also read in ziggr that, there are two moments when Tsutako was a little jelous of Sachiko and Yumi, and kinda has a little affection for Yumi.. But after that.. I dunno.. =P

@Noriko-san
I thought Sachiko was in the room when her grandma's souer visited.. Well, the anime didn't exactly show it, but I guess I kinda sensed she was there (o_O)
Well, she said the exact same words, so I thought she was there.. =P

@Sarah89-san
Yeah.. T___T
I prefer Sachiko in 1st and 2nd Season..
She looked hotter, prettier and cooler..

.___.

@Mina-san
Know anymore sites where I can view novel translations besides ziggr?

Old 2007-08-02, 21:09   Link #96
Sarah89

Quote:
@Mina-san
Know anymore sites where I can view novel translations besides ziggr?
Erica Friedman's blog 'Okazu' has several summaries and translations of the novels.
Old 2007-08-02, 21:12   Link #97
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah89 View Post
Erica Friedman's blog 'Okazu' has several summaries and translations of the novels.
I saw some of her blog in ziggr also.. nevertheless..

LINK PLEASE!! XD

Old 2007-08-02, 21:16   Link #98
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Okazu is the name you can google it as well.
Old 2007-08-02, 21:16   Link #99
Sarah89

Quote:
I saw some of her blog in ziggr also.. nevertheless..

LINK PLEASE!! XD

http://okazu.blogspot.com/search/lab...%20ga%20Miteru

Also: http://www.rosachinensis.net/white_petals.html
Old 2007-08-02, 22:08   Link #100
Stephanie

Arigatou Goziamasu! n_n

*bows*

Closed Thread