AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-10, 21:02   Link #281
taelrak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
I dunno. People seem to dislike tsun girls for some reason, whereas I'm usually more contemptuous of dere girls Just once I'd rather see a tsun girl go through to the end without becoming all dere.

I'm looking forward to the reason Sana came back though. I hope it's a better reason than "I wanted to hear the ending of that song" or something.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 21:17   Link #282
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exciting Mascot Village~Paya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For the first few minutes, I thought this was becoming a show I could drop. Then Koshimizu Ami (Nanaka) came centre stage and everything changed. Absolutely wonderful performance. I almost thought she was Kuwashima Houko for a minute there -- and that's about the highest praise I can give.

Amisuke is celebrating her sixth anniversary as a seiyuu this month, since her debut as Nadja in Ashita no Nadja. She recently wrote in her blog (in a bit of a panic) that she had somehow lost her high voice and could only use a deeper one. Well, that deeper one works beautifully. She just has to forget about playing little girls like Nadja, I guess.

I also found myself accepting and even enjoying Kaneda Tomoko's piercing voice as Aoi. Maybe just because Aoi is such a charming character. True dojikko moe.

When Tamura Yukari and Koyasu Takehito are the sidekicks, you know you've got a good seiyuu cast. Boy, do I love both of their voices. Yukarin just makes such a perfect tomboy, with her open-sounding voice.

And the other love rival, Asami, is played by Nakahara Mai. Hardly chopped liver herself. I have confidence, however, that Nanaka will win out, since Amisuke's name is higher on the cast list and Nanaka is more prominent on the posters, lol.
You and I are on the same wavelength. I was trying to figure out if Nanako was Koshimizu Ami or Kuwashima Houko, by comparing Nanako's voice to Claire (Claymore) or Karen (Code Geass). Either way I love them both. My fantasy would be to have both play sisters or partner roles in the same show.

I was taken aback by Kaneda Tomoko's performance of Aoi, but I learned to like Aoi just like her portrayal of Chiyo (Azumanga Daioh) or Fuyuno (Magikano).

Tamura Yukari is good again as the brash and sassy type of girl.

Asami probably won't win for the reasons you stated, plus it is the rule in anime (and shows in general) that characters with the most investment (e.g. screen time, dialogue, angst, history, best animated/drawn, etc.) usually wins out. There must be trope for this!

Anyways itís always a joy to hear my favorite guilty pleasure seiyuu, Mai Nakahara. I keep enjoying the sweet and spirited voice she gives to her characters, and can even forgive her for sometimes sounding the same on different shows. I always look forward to see what type of character she plays, and can be pleasantly surprised when it is different from what I expected from her (e.g. Aono in Sola or Rena in Higurshi).
__________________
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 21:22   Link #283
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
All I can say is, 3 osana-najimi characters = 30% chance of losing to the power of three = 2.7% chance of all of them losing = 97.3% chance one of them will win. XD
Eh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I don't really care if its Nanaka, Aoi, or Shuri, lol. So far they're pretty much even.
In terms of attention though, it's Aoi first, then Nanaka, and finally Shuri who gets hardly any or than his best friend's sister


Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But to be honest, I'm rooting for Nanaka first. Mainly because I hope she'll be a one of the girls in which the original term of tsundere was made for; ie. someone who is truly tsun, but as time goes by she becomes truly dere without ever being tsun anymore. Judging by the second episode, it does seem like Nanaka really is a 'true' tsundere since it looks like she's steadily progressing towards dere, which is interesting for me since I never really saw a 'true' tsundere.
I'm rooting for her because of her character design, and because she's getting all this hate

I've seen tons of Tsunderes already (And I'm sure everybody here have as well) so I don't feel her acting any different than what the previous others would do. Slap? It is abit extreme but I won't judge it on face value. Being cold and rude? Not very revolutionary is it...

Like Aoi's voice, I just don't see what's the big deal.


P.S - Yes, I have a liking for most Tsundere characters. No, I don't have a problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Judging by the ED though, Aoi looks like she'll get the short end of the stick, lol. ^^;
Rather than not seeing Aoi there, I'm more surprised by seeing Shuri there

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
I dunno. People seem to dislike tsun girls for some reason, whereas I'm usually more contemptuous of dere girls Just once I'd rather see a tsun girl go through to the end without becoming all dere.
There won't be a story if she's static throughout

I won't say she'll be all-dere, but rather she'll return back to the samegirl that he knew.


Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
I'm looking forward to the reason Sana came back though. I hope it's a better reason than "I wanted to hear the ending of that song" or something.
Most likely family related.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 21:37   Link #284
totalnet
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Middle of Somewhere
After he played the piano, Sana did say to Asami that because of circumstances at home, the family had to move five years ago.

Spoiler for Speculation on what happen:
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 21:43   Link #285
Pell14
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
holy i read the spoiler accidentally omg
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 22:06   Link #286
totalnet
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Middle of Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell14 View Post
holy i read the spoiler accidentally omg
Don't worry. It's just speculation, might not happen.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 22:45   Link #287
changeup
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am afraid whatever the cause is, it will be the meat of this series... i.e. we will not know it until the finale...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
I have this feeling that Nanaka is only going to get worse before she gets better. How long before she starts getting better being dependent on the over all length of the series. Even if the chances are slim right now I'm hoping Sana gets into a relationship with another girl. Sure it would upset Nanaka, but something tells me that by the time she realizes that calming down may be a good idea it will be too late. Then again with lead female power it's never too late. Even if several years have passed, the guy's married to another girl, and has children. The lead will still have her chance.

All I can say right now is that Nanaka is getting on my nerves. So I'm hoping for a good reason as well. Also I'm hoping they don't spend too much time dragging it out. I'd hate to have a case where she spends the vast majority of the series in well ***** mode as it were. So the sooner they wrap up that plot point and move things in a different direction the better for the show.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 22:53   Link #288
changeup
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Spoiler for My speculation:


Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
After he played the piano, Sana did say to Asami that because of circumstances at home, the family had to move five years ago.

Spoiler for Speculation on what happen:
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 23:10   Link #289
Aznbanana
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Spoiler for speculation:


This is a bit different then other love harems such as love hina and kanon since its only 5 years heh.
Aznbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 23:20   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznbanana View Post
Spoiler for speculation:


This is a bit different then other love harems such as love hina and kanon since its only 5 years heh.


I don't think time is that big of a factor though
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 23:27   Link #291
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Or it could be..I don't know. Too early to guess.
Messerschmitt_Bf-109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 01:26   Link #292
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thinking about the comments about tsundere, I was thinking about the tsun phase of tsundere girl's. If the guy is forced to be with the girl then I think its understandable, but if the girl is showing absolute distaste for the guy (ie Nanako), then shouldn't that guy seriously back off and just avoid her, or otherwise isn't it just harassment? I know in Sana's case he is getting forced into a situation with her with the class rep role, and it was Asami who saved the day.

As MB109 pointed out it is too early to make any judgement calls, but as of now Nanako is the type of girl I would personally avoid, childhood friend or what not.
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 02:31   Link #293
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Current power rankings (last week's rankings)

1. Aoi (1) - Friendly, helpful, and loving. Maybe Sana really should become their son-in-law.
2. Asami (new) - Gets off on the right foot. If it wasn't animeverse, she'd actually have a chance.
3. Shuri (2) - No sign that she has much interest in Sana. Would rather match him with Nanaka.
4. Nanaka (3) - OK, she didn't slap him this episode, but she was still pretty bad. Absolutely no evidence that she will be a better option than Aoi, even if she shapes up.

Nanaka will be a character I love to hate. Unfortunately she will end up with Sana, but until it happens... I will continue to root for Aoi and hope that Nanaka suffers the pain of rejection.

Also, is it just me, or has Nanaka ditched the rest of the circle of friends? Doesn't bode well for her chances...(getting my hopes up, even though it will ultimately be in vain)

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-10-11 at 22:24.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 02:44   Link #294
4ran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oman
Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
that she has much interest in Sana. Would rather match him with Nanaka.
4. Nanaka (3) - OK, she didn't slap him this episode, but was she still pretty bad. Absolutely no evidence that she will be a better option than Aoi, even if she shapes up.
Nanaka will be a character I love to hate. Unfortunately she will end up with Sana, but until it happens... I will continue to root for Aoi and hope that Nanaka suffers the pain of rejection.
I found Nanaka the most interesting character in the show tell now.. she's supposed to the main female character I think and yet she's the meanest and the weirdest ;P I donít think we will be bored when sheís around --->helpful for my psychology course
__________________
4ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 02:55   Link #295
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
For me mean does not equal interesting... A character can be plenty interesting with needing to be abusive.

One interpretation about the circle of friends situation is that she could be expecting them to choose between Sana or her (bad friend). Or of course she could have already distanced herself from that for what ever reason in the past.

Lots of questions to be answered and I hope there are good reasons for the way the writers have written her and not just to yank my emotions to hate her off the bat.
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 02:56   Link #296
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Thinking about the comments about tsundere, I was thinking about the tsun phase of tsundere girl's. If the guy is forced to be with the girl then I think its understandable, but if the girl is showing absolute distaste for the guy (ie Nanako), then shouldn't that guy seriously back off and just avoid her, or otherwise isn't it just harassment? I know in Sana's case he is getting forced into a situation with her with the class rep role, and it was Asami who saved the day.

As MB109 pointed out it is too early to make any judgement calls, but as of now Nanako is the type of girl I would personally avoid, childhood friend or what not.

Avoiding her isn't going to solve anything. And rather than harassment, he is simply trying to 'reconnect' with her... His approaches so far aren't exactly forceful either. He's been respectful and polite all the way.

And it is because she's his close childhood friend, that's why he's even bothering. Right now he's acting under the perception that she's angry at him for not remembering, so definitely he's going to try everything to make it up to her again... Or at least get her to forgive him, even if it isn't his fault.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 02:58   Link #297
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Am I the only one who understands Nanaka's feelings? She's been thinking about this guy for the last 5 years. She sees him at the temple and he waves at her, but she's feeling too shy to go up to him so easily. Perhaps she's feeling even shier because of the way she's dressed. Still, she's happy that he waved to her and figures that he recognized her. Then they meet in class, her heart is beating 10 times a second like a hummingbird. She strides forward feeling tense about their renunion. Then he treats her like a stranger!

No wonder she slapped him. She went from being reunited with the guy she's been missing to discovering that he doesn't remember her at all. Of course it was a complete misunderstanding since his problem was how much she had changed. That misunderstanding would have been completely cleared up with a single apology and a simple explanation, but after 3 days he doesn't bother to apologize. Every day he didn't apologize to her is another knife in her heart.

Of course hearing how much the song meant to him even after all this time made those bad feelings go away. Even though he's too much of a blockhead to apologize after treating her like a stranger, she's apparently willing to forgive him.

Nanaka isn't a bitch at all, like so many people here seem to think. She's just very emotional and poor at expressing those emotions.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 03:00   Link #298
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Avoiding her isn't going to solve anything. And rather than harassment, he is simply trying to 'reconnect' with her... His approaches so far aren't exactly forceful either. He's been respectful and polite all the way.

And it is because she's his close childhood friend, that's why he's even bothering. Right now he's acting under the perception that she's angry at him for not remembering, so definitely he's going to try everything to make it up to her again... Or at least get her to forgive me, even if it isn't his fault.
Ah my point about avoiding the a tsundere girl who is in her tsun phase is more of a general point and not specific to this show (I should have written it better). But what you say does make sense, and I tried show that in my post by saying he was forced into the class rep role.
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 03:02   Link #299
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Nanaka isn't a bitch at all, like so many people here seem to think. She's just very emotional and poor at expressing those emotions.
That's not an excuse.. no no no. She clearly overreacted when she could've said "Hey Sana, it's me Nanaka!"

If things go on like this, Nanaka will see Sana slipping away ~wooo oooh oohh oohh baby please don't go~
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 03:05   Link #300
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalBrain View Post
That's not an excuse.. no no no. She clearly overreacted when she could've said "Hey Sana, it's me Nanaka!"
It is clear you are neither a woman, nor are very close to many women. If she has to tell him her name then she isn't important enough for him to recognize her by himself. That's a big deal!
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.