AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-11, 03:08   Link #301
Thingle
Banned

That's why i understand Sana more. Like, the "what did I do?" confusion thingy. Although I'd be more confrontational if I were him.

I remember that girl from Kimikiss.. She wasn't that offended when the boy didn't knew who she was in the beginning.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 03:09   Link #302
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalBrain View Post
That's not an excuse.. no no no. She clearly overreacted when she could've said "Hey Sana, it's me Nanaka!"

If things go on like this, Nanaka will see Sana slipping away ~wooo oooh oohh oohh baby please don't go~

I'm with NoSanninWa on this one, at that moment, she was quite heartbroken.

Also, things aren't going on like that, she already changed slightly at the end of the episode. It's a start.

Quote:
That's why i understand Sana more. Like, the "what did I do?" confusion thingy. Although I'd be more confrontational if I were him.
But in the end, he DID knew what he did wrong.

Quote:
I remember that girl from Kimikiss.. She wasn't that offended when the boy didn't knew who she was in the beginning.

Different characters, don't expect girls to be all the same...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 03:11   Link #303
Thingle
Banned

I noticed that too. so why did Sana smirk? what an unusual reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

But in the end, he DID knew what he did wrong.

That's his weakness. He just can't pull her aside and clear the air once and for all.

Last edited by Thingle; 2007-10-11 at 03:22.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:20   Link #304
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Am I the only one who understands Nanaka's feelings? She's been thinking about this guy for the last 5 years. She sees him at the temple and he waves at her, but she's feeling too shy to go up to him so easily. Perhaps she's feeling even shier because of the way she's dressed. Still, she's happy that he waved to her and figures that he recognized her. Then they meet in class, her heart is beating 10 times a second like a hummingbird. She greets him happily. Then he treats her like a stranger!
Hmm I think we have different interpretation of what happened at the temple. From what I see is that whilst day dreaming about Nanaka, a crow gets his attention where he sees a girl with long black hair looking his way. She is in the distance and as soon as she notices him looking at her she turns away in an abrupt manner and walks away. Of course she might be shy and all of that, but from the viewers pov there was no blush, there was no doki doki. For my zoomed in view she acted cold and indifferent, like a stranger. Also the second time he notices her looking at him she turns away again. She is the person acting like a stranger so I have no problem with Sana not recognising her.

At least with Aoi she acts like she knows him and even then he takes a few moments to realise that it is her.

There is a huge change in their physical appearances from them being children to now.

Now lets look at her face when she walks up to them for the first in class, now to me that face does not say miss me etc etc. Instead it looks indifferent to slightly pissed off... Shame the mouth isn't more clear, but it doesn't look like she is pleased. Does anyone have a more clear view of her?

For me Nanaka seems to act nothing like she does when she was a child, and from acting like a stranger in the temple to a very pissed off person from then on in.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:25   Link #305
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

She certainly does not show her feelings on her face, but it is clear what she was feeling from the way she acted later on. And also from the way she behaved at the time.

At the temple remember how she kept peering at him from around corners then ducking back into concealment whenever he noticed her. Despite the lack of much facial expression such behavior is obviously not indifferent. The behavior of peeking and trying not to be seen is extremely shy. I'd say that she was eager to see him, but hadn't yet braced herself emotionally for such a chance meeting.

Don't try to judge her by her face. She has stopped showing her emotions so obviously as she has grown up, but she is clearly very emotional under the surface.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 03:25   Link #306
Thingle
Banned

Her cold girl facade will inevitably break, guys. Just watching Sana getting close with other girls affects her, don't you notice?

A little more flirting, and he wins, she comes crying to him telling how she loves him and he gloats.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:26   Link #307
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
I noticed that too. so why did Sana smirk? what an unusual reaction.

I saw it as a simple smile

Quote:
That's his weakness. He just can't pull her aside and clear the air once and for all.

No arguements there, but Nanaka cold-shouldering him does make her hard to approach.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:27   Link #308
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
I saw it as a simple smile

No arguements there, but Nanaka cold-shouldering him does make her hard to approach.
Or he can choose to simply ignore her and move on with his life. Better option, eh?
Old 2007-10-11, 03:29   Link #309
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Or he can choose to simply ignore her and move on with his life. Better option, eh?
To some people easier = better.

I'd rather get to know her before I decide if she is too difficult to be worth the trouble. I suspect that Sana has too many fond memories of their past to write her off so simply. Meanwhile you can stick with only being close to easy girls.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:29   Link #310
grey_moon

Quote:
She certainly does not show her feelings on her face, but it is clear what she was feeling from the way she acted later on.

And at the temple remember how she kept peering at him from around corners then ducking back into concealment whenever he noticed her. Despite the lack of much facial expression such behavior is obviously not indifferent. The behavior of peeking and trying not to be seen is extremely shy. I'd say that she was eager to see him, but hadn't yet braced herself emotionally for such a chance meeting.
But the issue is that her actions are justified, currently seem to be based on Sana not recognising her. And that I believe is directly influenced by her own actions leading up to the slap. After the scene they can justify try justify her actions, but right now to me it looks like Sana is at no real fault even though he does blame himself. Of course if later they say that Sana and Nanaka have been exchanging emails and he knows what she looks like then there is no excuse, but everything in the show right now indicates that they have had no contact for the past 5 years.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:30   Link #311
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Oh I did not say that Sana was at fault. His only error is refusing to apologize for not recognizing her.

I was just trying to point out what it looked like from Nanaka's point of view. Neither of them is really at fault.

Old 2007-10-11, 03:30   Link #312
Thingle
Banned

Well, he's got Aoi and even her parents are pairing her up with him, and the other girl too. Our hero has a lot of options in his list.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:32   Link #313
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:

It's EASIER, but it's definitely not better...

... Such things would weight heavily on the mind, even more so since she was a good friend.

Quote:
Well, he's got Aoi and even her parents are pairing her up with him, and the other girl too. Our hero has a lot of options in his list.

At this point in time, he's not looking for a mate

He just sees them all as a friend.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:33   Link #314
grey_moon

How do you get to know, or even approach a person acting the way Nanka is? This is what I mean by my earlier post, what I was trying to say is how far do you go to get to know someone when they are acting the way Nanaka is before it is considered harassment or even stalking?
Old 2007-10-11, 03:34   Link #315
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
At this point in time, he's not looking for a mate

He just sees them all as a friend.
Let's not be silly. From the moment he saw Aoi's breats he might not have been looking for a mate, but he was definitely imagining possibilities other than friend. Ditto about the cute girl he saw at the temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
How do you get to know, or even approach a person acting the way Nanka is? This is what I mean by my earlier post, what I was trying to say is how far do you go to get to know someone when they are acting the way Nanaka is before it is considered harassment or even stalking?
All he had to do was apologize and then say something that shows he remembers their past. It wouldn't be hard. The twins all but pointed that out to him.

As for how far you go if that doesn't work? That can get tricky indeed. It depends how much her friendship still means to him.

Old 2007-10-11, 03:41   Link #316
grey_moon

Quote:
All he had to say was sorry and then say something that shows he remembers their past. It wouldn't be hard.
Lets consider every thing after the slap...

She ignores him when they meet in the morning.
When he goes up to her asking for the way to the meeting she acts very cold and aggressive. She doesn't even say we have to wait a while, but leaves him to find that out on his own. She then leaves him there.

She is pointedly ignoring him. Her actions after the slap have been cold and aggressive, I can't see when he is meant to get the chance to apologise, not that I think it is his fault for not recognising her.

Its like trying to pat a dog who is frothing at the mouth to make friends. I think most people would wait for it to calm down first before trying to approach.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:41   Link #317
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Let's not be silly. From the moment he saw Aoi's breats he might not have been looking for a mate, but he was definitely imagining possibilities other than friend. Ditto about the cute girl he saw at the temple.

All he had to do was apologize and then say something that shows he remembers their past. It wouldn't be hard. The twins all but pointed that out to him.

As for how far you go if that doesn't work? That can get tricky indeed. It depends how much her friendship still means to him.

After rewatching the last scene, I get your point. But wouldn't it seem too much to let the cold shoulder treatment drag on for more than a few days?
Old 2007-10-11, 03:42   Link #318
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
I started to think that Sana-chi is sick or something like because of his motherís phone callsÖ
Anyway, Iím really happy that now nanaka-chan knows that sana-chi is still remembering her song ! This will change everything from now on .. but that girl with grey hair.. Sheís just one time..isnít she!
Old 2007-10-11, 03:45   Link #319
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
Anyway, I’m really happy that now nanaka-chan knows that sana-chi is still remembering her song
I wonder if he knew that nanaka was there when he played that song...
Old 2007-10-11, 03:48   Link #320
grey_moon

Quote:
I wonder if he knew that nanaka was there when he played that song...
It didn't seem like he knew, but it sure worked out in his favour. He should give a cookie to the anime gods.

I was half expecting Nanaka to fly off the handle for him playing the song to Asami (even though he didn't know she was there too)

*EDIT*
Asami right now seems to be the force to save his relationship with Nanaka. If it wasn't for her he would have missed the meeting and most prbly gotten in trouble and rather pissed off with her. She is the person making Nanaka realise that Sana isn't just dependant on her for his love bunnies. And she gave Sana a chance to reveal to Nanaka that he still remembers something precious about her.

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti