AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-12, 15:42   Link #461
changeup

Two persons will not be lovers if they have to argue on everything about who is right. As the man, just apologize and take the responsibility. it will not hurt anything. And yes, Nanaka has every reason to be mad at Sana in that incident, for yes, she recognized him at the first sight, while he did not... Being ignored hurts even more than being offended...

(and Sana is not Aizawa Yuuichi, who would just say afterwards that he was making a cold joke~~~)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Dude, the incident was her fault. Sana has no reason to apologize and every reason to be angry.

If the pregnant inducing one-night stand theory is correct, I concede that you have a point. But all evidence seems to indicate that Nanaka is being petty.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 17:01   Link #462
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Two persons will not be lovers if they have to argue on everything about who is right. As the man, just apologize and take the responsibility. it will not hurt anything. And yes, Nanaka has every reason to be mad at Sana in that incident, for yes, she recognized him at the first sight, while he did not... Being ignored hurts even more than being offended...

(and Sana is not Aizawa Yuuichi, who would just say afterwards that he was making a cold joke~~~)
I really don't see Sana as ignoring her; to me, pretty much all of episode 2 was him trying to find a way to approach her and break the ice, while she just swept past and ignored him at every opportunity.

Still, your comment reminded me of something one of my married friends said, when it came to arguments with his wife -- "I've found that I can either be right, or I can be happy. I've chosen to be happy." I suspect Sana will end up making the same choice, if given the opportunity.
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 17:05   Link #463
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
As a childhood friend, Sana could have attempted his best to approach her and find out what had happened.

Did Sana give his effort, even a little bit? He just avoided her totally. A man should be able to do better than that.

And Nanaka is not tsundere at all. She did not pretend to be angry at Sana, she WAS angry at him......
He gave a little bit of effort.

He didn't avoid her, she ignored him.

Cause he's a man, he should do so? Don't discriminate and say one gender should be able to do better at certain things. Girls can use "boku", guys can take care of flowers, etc, etc. and there has been proof that a man doesn't always have the potential to do better just cause he was born a guy.
Short version: Don't use his gender for an excuse. We have plenty of anime (and real life) where one gender can act in many different ways.

Quote:
It is totally different that you attempted and lost or you did not attempt at all.

Sana should feel extremely lucky about the music classroom incident. Otherwise there is no way Nanaka should know he was still thinking about her, for he dared not to speak it out in front of her at all.
Quote:
If you want to apologize to somebody, do you really need her to give you a lead? Just go straight up to her, without those filler words "ano... etto... sono..." (very painful to hear these nonsense in any anime whatsoever, but well, they are Japanese...), shout at her, " I am sorry. I messed things up. But I did miss you all these years. Please forgive me and let's make it up..." Many a time a girl needs just that ... even she might not accept it right off the bat, she now know your thought.
I have this feeling that Nanaka is one of those types that emit a sort of "stay away" aura or a cold aura of sorts. I have experienced talking to those types... It's hard.

Plus, she slapped him, ignored him, ditched him, etc.

People stutter at times. Sometimes people run out of things to say or don't know what to say.

Sorry that Sana isn't a saint.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 17:16   Link #464
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto View Post
Still, your comment reminded me of something one of my married friends said, when it came to arguments with his wife -- "I've found that I can either be right, or I can be happy. I've chosen to be happy." I suspect Sana will end up making the same choice, if given the opportunity.
And sometimes you can choose to be right and happy, or the converse.

Gees, this shouldn't be too tough, but we are talking about anime here.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 17:20   Link #465
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

I'll try to be the mediator here since I kind if see where both sides are coming from.

Sana was wrong because he did not recognize Nanaka. He should apologize to her for that and if that's the whole issue I think it will be enough for her. He never really apologized properly and tried to talk to her like nothing happened. Of course, this is partially Nanaka's fault - which brings me to my next point.

Nanaka was wrong because she slapped him. She clearly overreacted. As a result, Sana finds it difficult to approach her and talk to her properly. He is afraid to even look her in the eyes and his talk is scattered - too much "umm...anoo.." etc. Her acting bitchy towards him makes the situation even worse.

So, in the end both of them are partially at fault and should apologize to each other. If Sana was more of a man and Nanaka was less of a bitch there would be no problem. Of course, that's what makes the show interesting and dramatic.

The analysis above is correct only if the reason that Nanaka is mad at him is because he did not recognize her. If there is a deeper reason, which I think there is, then we'll have to wait and see what it is before judging whether Nanaka was right to be angry or not.
Old 2007-10-12, 17:56   Link #466
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

The anime seems to imply that there's a deeper reason than just Sana not recognizing her.

I'd wait and see what's really going on before judging their actions. For all we know, Sana could've really done something bad to deserve it.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 18:03   Link #467
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
...The analysis above is correct only if the reason that Nanaka is mad at him is because he did not recognize her. If there is a deeper reason, which I think there is, then we'll have to wait and see what it is before judging whether Nanaka was right to be angry or not.
I also think there is probably a deeper reason. These three pages of hate for Nanaka remind me of threads for Suzuka, where I thought a lot of guys refused to make any attempt to get inside Suzuka's head and understand her emotions, but preferred to just defend the guy in the case, as if it was them who had been slapped for something they didn't realize they had done. Fortunately, the hero in this show seems not quite as stupid and clumsy as Yamato in Suzuka, so I think he'll eventually figure things out. Anyway, it's good that the show can stimulate such passions.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 18:28   Link #468
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
And sometimes you can choose to be right and happy, or the converse.

Gees, this shouldn't be too tough, but we are talking about anime here.
Obviously, you haven't met my friend's wife.

Seriously, though, you're right; in any real-world relationship, there has to be some give and take; on issues where an agreement simply can't be reached, both people are going to have to learn to give in from time to time. Still, the comment does sum up a dynamic that can be seen in relationships where one side is a dominant, demanding type and the other side is more concerned with maintaining peace than with asserting him/herself. That reminded me of what I'm seeing between Nanaka and Sana so far; perhaps that will change in future episodes.

It'll be interesting to see if there is some deeper reason for her attitude -- but he's been out of town for five years; what could he have done? Forgotten to write her? It seems that he's been out of touch with everyone until his return, so I doubt that's it...yet she clearly looks mad when she first spots him at the shrine. Ah well...that's why we keep watching, right?
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 18:54   Link #469
rg4619

Quote:
As the man, just apologize and take the responsibility. it will not hurt anything.
Sure, if you're the weak-willed, submissive kind of guy. Given the circumstances, Sana is under no obligation to take responsibility.

As it stands, he's made several attempts to open up to her (who's behaving badly, no matter how you look at it), but given how Nanaka has consistently rebuffed them, there's little more he can do. If that's how she wants it, so be it.

Quote:
These three pages of hate for Nanaka remind me of threads for Suzuka, where I thought a lot of guys refused to make any attempt to get inside Suzuka's head and understand her emotions
The hate is pretty silly since we know nothing about Nanaka or her situation at this time.

Some of the hate probably stems from the fact that Nanaka seemingly lacks even a minimal amount of social grace (definitely not a norm - while people may hold grudges against each other, there's usually an attempt to remain semi-cordial while in public), which gives off the impression of a contemptuous, self-centered person. If someone seems nasty and/or abusive, there's going to be less understanding.

Personally, I'm interested in seeing how Nanaka develops over time.

Quote:
The anime seems to imply that there's a deeper reason than just Sana not recognizing her.
Maybe.....

However, I wouldn't rule out the classic explanation:

- girl's crush/close friend leaves without saying a word
- said crush (whom she cares deeply for?) never contacts her during those five years
- guy returns but doesn't recognize her

(all this happening as if Sana considered their relationship/friendship trivial, like it never mattered to him)
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 19:23   Link #470
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
However, I wouldn't rule out the classic explanation:

- girl's crush/close friend leaves without saying a word
- said crush (whom she cares deeply for?) never contacts her during those five years
- guy returns but doesn't recognize her

(all this happening as if Sana considered their relationship/friendship trivial, like it never mattered to him)
well we can rule out the first one since they all knew he was leaving. They had a going away party.

second possibly, but i don't think that could be it. Something so easy to figure out.

third happend. And when she was coming toward him in ep1 I don't think she was going to slap him, tha slap came after he said it was there first meeting. I tc an be seen whe she grips tightly her bag.
Old 2007-10-13, 00:18   Link #471
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I can't see how people can blame Sana for not recognizing her. It's been 5 years and they have changed from wee little children into teenagers. Personally I am hoping for a deeper reason that justifies Nanaka's actions.
Old 2007-10-13, 01:28   Link #472
changeup

My final conclusion on this issue... no need to argue more before we know more about the plot...

1. Definitely deeper reason for Nanaka's rage. Otherwise the whole plot of this anime is flawed;
2. But Sana not recognizing her is the last straw;
3. Sana never being able to clearly apologize added to the insult. Some of you guys claimed that Nanaka did not allow her. Well, I do not think you need someone's permit to apologize to her. Whether she accepts it is another matter;
4. Sana still cares for Nanaka, and the whole plot will be revolving around the relationship between these two.

I think we should give the characters the benefit of doubt. Everyone behaves for a reason before proven stupid. For Nanaka, the reason of her acts is still unknown, and revealing that will be the major driving force of this anime. For Sana, his inability to get himself conveyed is his own character, although like all heroes, he got lucky in the end of the episode 2.

I enjoy watching this show because I want to know what really happened between Sana and Nanaka during that 5 years. I would be very disappointed if this story failed to demonstrate that, since now the plot is naturally set toward that direction.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 05:20   Link #473
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
guys claimed that Nanaka did not allow her. Well, I do not think you need someone's permit to apologize to her. Whether she accepts it is another matter
What?! No idea what you are saying there... From what i can glean from this scrambled sentence, are you saying that people need permission to apologise to another person? Would that not take away the sincerity of the apology if you ask the person permission to apologise and then you do it?

Quote:
I think we should give the characters the benefit of doubt. Everyone behaves for a reason before proven stupid.
What? what? I don't understand, what "benefit of doubt" are you talking about?
Spoiler for ep1:

By the way, what do you mean by "everyone behaves for a reason before proven stupid" are you stipulating that though there is a reason for everything, in the end it's all meaningless because they are stupid?

Quote:
I enjoy watching this show because I want to know what really happened between Sana and Nanaka during that 5 years. I would be very disappointed if this story failed to demonstrate that, since now the plot is naturally set toward that direction.
That's the only part I can understand and i agree with you, I'm interested to see where this show is headed and hopefully what really happened between Nanaka and Sana will be revealed... Judging by the number of ep, the plot should develop quite fast, that is if the writers do it properly.
Old 2007-10-13, 05:42   Link #474
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
By the way, what do you mean by "everyone behaves for a reason before proven stupid" are you stipulating that though there is a reason for everything, in the end it's all meaningless because they are stupid?
I think what he is saying is that people act a certain way when defending there point a view. And when proven to be wrong they act a differently than before. Wording was wrong and may get others confused. Look at this way: Nanaka is acting this way for something Sana (supposedly) did wrong. When or if she is proven to be wrong her attitude and her personality may do a complete 180. But i doubt she would change that attitude, they would be together but she with the same thing. Can look at it like Suzuka.
Old 2007-10-13, 06:15   Link #475
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I think what he is saying is that people act a certain way when defending there point a view. And when proven to be wrong they act a differently than before. Wording was wrong and may get others confused. Look at this way: Nanaka is acting this way for something Sana (supposedly) did wrong. When or if she is proven to be wrong her attitude and her personality may do a complete 180. But i doubt she would change that attitude, they would be together but she with the same thing. Can look at it like Suzuka.
hmm interesting point, I also believe her personality would remain relatively the same, even if she is proven wrong, it would only worsen the situation given her current attitude..

There is a saying that goes, "it's easier to forgive someone for being wrong then for being right" similarly should Nanaka be proven wrong (meaning Sana is right, or not to blame) it would only strengthen the facade she's already put on, in a sort of defensive reaction. It's one of those complicated issues that would probably take time to resolve before any major changes in her attitude occur.
Old 2007-10-13, 07:03   Link #476
Saleh
Inactive

Spoiler for ep1:

Spoiler for Possible answer to your question:

Last edited by Saleh; 2007-10-13 at 07:35.
Saleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 07:07   Link #477
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..one of the other nice Harems this season. Really liked how the OP was made. Seems like I have seen a similar concept before..but ah..what the hech...I really liked how they made it. The characters are pretty cool. The main lead seems pretty stupid though..because if I was in his place..I think I would have tried to break the ice by apologizing. As for the girl Nanaka...Hopefully her anger is due to something else and not just because, the guy did not recognize her.

The other characters are cool n all..but Aoi-chan's voice is really annoying

Still..I m enjoyin the episodes..and hopefully it will fulfill my expectations
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 08:10   Link #478
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

so i just watched 2 ep
That mean she(nanaka) well start to get along with sana
her attitude changed a bit
but we well wait to the next ep
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 08:12   Link #479
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Thoughts on episode 2

Spoiler for Ep 2:
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 08:15   Link #480
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickal555 View Post
I don't get the lucky/unlucky side of the twins bit...
lucky (Shuu) since he got Shuri for a sister.
And then vice versa with Shuri being unlucky being stuck with Shuu.

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti