AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-21, 23:22   Link #721
mman426
Crazy Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post

3: this better not turn out like school days or Hiurashi
I highly doubt this will end up like school days it seems like it will stay on a happy note but just add hints to a troubled past before it finally gets revealed. I do agree with you on the facepalm i think i paused it and walked to the kitchen to find some food after I saw hoshino's mirror.
mman426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 00:16   Link #722
Marina2

New Sample CG (found it on akibakko)

Spoiler for Nanaka&Asami:
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 00:45   Link #723
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

holy!@#

Spoiler for the CG:
Old 2007-10-22, 03:25   Link #724
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Spoiler for CG:

Last edited by Grimkill7; 2007-10-24 at 12:47.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 03:33   Link #725
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Spoiler for CG:
You know what the scene which you described sounds pretty good actually lol.... With Nanaka's personality I certainly would expect something like that from her and it'll totally be a great scene...

lol like the part at the end with which you described Aoi's annoying voice cutting into the whole drama.. Win!
Old 2007-10-22, 03:44   Link #726
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
WIN!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 04:04   Link #727
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:

Spoiler for CG:

Because it's necessary...

Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 04:25   Link #728
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
WIN!
Spoiler:
lol deathkillz... Love how you put it:

Spoiler for Deathkillz's comment:
Old 2007-10-22, 04:27   Link #729
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:

Spoiler for For CG:
Old 2007-10-22, 04:36   Link #730
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Spoiler for For CG:
Spoiler for Slap:
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 05:01   Link #731
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Spoiler for for cg:
Old 2007-10-22, 05:08   Link #732
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Spoiler for Slap:
Spoiler:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-22, 07:11   Link #733
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I can't believe this thread has had some fifteen pages worth of posts in the week-and-a-bit since I last posted. A few general comments:
  • I doubt Sana has attempted suicide. This series just isn't suitably dark enough to deal with an issue like that. The fear of blood probably has a different explanation, maybe even a simple one as some have eluded though (although that does make it superfluous to the plot), and my theory is that he was probably in an accident or something like that.
  • School Days? Higurashi? Goddamn it. Even more unlikely than the above possibility for pretty much the same reason as I gave above.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
    Aoi - Went from a character with excellent potential to a fanservice machine. Two thumbs down for that development.
    I can't believe you expected her to be anything else.

Ep 3

Anyway, I still have minimal expectations for this, and the reason why is that, other than Nanaka, the characters in this are terrible. And yes, I'm of the opinion that Nanaka is an exception, which is a complete 180 from my opinion before this ep. The reason: we actually saw some level of complexity from her. Yes, her changes were sudden and jarring, but they're at least somewhat explained by events in the plot. Her initial bitchiness still isn't explained at all, and while I'll hold it against this series if it doesn't eventually get explained, for now I'm sated, because she at least resembles a somewhat realistic character now. Unlike the rest of the cast, who are either boring or annoying caricatures used for attempted comedy that falls on its face *cough* Aoi *cough*.

Nanaka is the only character in this show that I find interesting or remotely realistic. I simply don't find any of the other characters interesting, particularly Sana who is such a typically bland doormat that it hurts (even in spite of the blood thing, since it still doesn't change the fact that his personality is boring and cliched). And not having likable characters is, IMO, a cardinal sin in a romance anime which pretty much lives and dies by how much the audience can relate or sympathize with the protagonists. But my interest still lingers slightly, because 1/6 interesting characters is still better than 0/6 interesting characters, and I do want to find out exactly what makes Nanaka tick. It's a clumsy character analysis, because of things like her sudden transition from Suzuka-like tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun-dere-ism to just plain tsundere-ism, but it's still a character analysis nonetheless, and that's the type of thing that keeps me watching shows like this. But Aoi is just pathetic and, honestly, Sana isn't all that much better.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 08:03   Link #734
Chewy

Quote:

Wow, December 20th can't come fast enough !
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 08:15   Link #735
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Spoiler for for cg:
she isnt the one doing the slapping...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 3

Anyway, I still have minimal expectations for this, and the reason why is that, other than Nanaka, the characters in this are terrible. And yes, I'm of the opinion that Nanaka is an exception, which is a complete 180 from my opinion before this ep. The reason: we actually saw some level of complexity from her. Yes, her changes were sudden and jarring, but they're at least somewhat explained by events in the plot. Her initial bitchiness still isn't explained at all, and while I'll hold it against this series if it doesn't eventually get explained, for now I'm sated, because she at least resembles a somewhat realistic character now. Unlike the rest of the cast, who are either boring or annoying caricatures used for attempted comedy that falls on its face *cough* Aoi *cough*.

Nanaka is the only character in this show that I find interesting or remotely realistic. I simply don't find any of the other characters interesting, particularly Sana who is such a typically bland doormat that it hurts (even in spite of the blood thing, since it still doesn't change the fact that his personality is boring and cliched). And not having likable characters is, IMO, a cardinal sin in a romance anime which pretty much lives and dies by how much the audience can relate or sympathize with the protagonists. But my interest still lingers slightly, because 1/6 interesting characters is still better than 0/6 interesting characters, and I do want to find out exactly what makes Nanaka tick. It's a clumsy character analysis, because of things like her sudden transition from Suzuka-like tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun-dere-ism to just plain tsundere-ism, but it's still a character analysis nonetheless, and that's the type of thing that keeps me watching shows like this. But Aoi is just pathetic and, honestly, Sana isn't all that much better.
LOLOL

Well the series have pretty generic characters i give you that but imo they arent that bad (oki aoi is annoying but the rest are okey and provide some cheap laughs).

I agree with your Nanaka comments - i didnt see any problems with her change in attitude and in fact i am glad that we didnt have the usual "boy chases girl over the next 5 eps" scenario ^^
she hasnt really changed her basic character either (which is to come out as being silent, mature bla bla).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 08:56   Link #736
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
she isnt the one doing the slapping...
Ah I was responding to the suggestion that she slapped first and then Nanaka followed up.
Old 2007-10-22, 11:18   Link #737
DanielSong39

Quote:

My goodness, I never thought it would come down to this...

Nanaka & Asami for the win?! Say it ain't so!

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-10-22 at 11:28.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 12:52   Link #738
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I can't believe this thread has had some fifteen pages worth of posts in the week-and-a-bit since I last posted.
Perhaps we should request a forum for this series and put it with the other "current series"?

Old 2007-10-22, 15:56   Link #739
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
So we got the thread moved to the current series. I didnt expect the show to be so popular, actually, there are quite a number of alternatives that I'm interested in, too

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 15:58   Link #740
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Perhaps we should request a forum for this series and put it with the other "current series"?
It got it's own forum. Waii Waii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
So we got the thread moved to the current series. I didnt expect the show to be so popular, actually, there are quite a number of alternatives that I'm interested in, too
Well I think most people do enjoy the old skool type of series time to time. And checked this series and finding out there is enough mystery and things happening to keep them watching. It's still isn't anything that great though. I won't bet on it that it will be that great though. Still a nice series at this point though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti