AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 19.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-12, 12:04   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Lucky Star - Episode 06 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
xris is offline  
Old 2007-05-12, 13:56   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
All I can say before this airs is that I pray to god they stay on theme and that the episode is paced better this time around (I noticed that Lucky Channel seemed to come way earlier than usual in episode 5 as well and I think at this point it is just a way to fill up time).

What I anticpate are Less Haruhi references, less advertisements, less wasted time and a new direction for Lucky Channel as well as sticking to relevant jokes about schoolgirl life and the oddities of the characters. With this I am willing to welcome this episode with open arms. There's also a possibility that episode 5 was a massive shift in a direction, because of new direction and that it was a botched attempt to ease people into the new directors style (Instead of an eased transition they basically rewrote the rules of the series from the ground up).

Personally I like the way it was going with the previous director, but I am open to this new director stabilizing things over the course of the next few episodes, which shouldn't be a hard thing to do. One of my favourite Gundam Series, Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory went through 4 directors before it was finished and sometimes you could instantly tell if a new director had taken over and it could be quite chaotic, but the series still managed to turn out very well, if not in the manner it was intended to originally, and characters such as Anavel Gato are now fan favourites. Lucky Star wouldn't be the first time I've seen this kind of thing happen or the first time I've been skeptical and alarmed at the change of pacing in a series so I'm willing to give it a chance to find its new groove.

I just hope that the new director isn't the type to roll over to executives when they push him to include commerical plugs and references to Haruhi and Fummofu which I might add are getting annoying. Its one thing to do references, but when its almost always the same series it gets old and irritating fast. See Bandai's obsession with working Mobile Suit Gundam in jokes at the expense of all of its other series into its Media (Games, Manga, Series etc) for an example of this. Even a Gundam fan like me eventually ends up chaffing and desiring for them to use anything else in their large stable of produced media.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-12, 14:56   Link #3
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Kaioshin:

Chill out, dude! It's only anime!
Anyway, here is some advice (take it however you will) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I just hope that the new director isn't the type to roll over to executives when they push him to include commerical plugs and references to Haruhi and Fummofu which I might add are getting annoying. Its one thing to do references, but when its almost always the same series it gets old and irritating fast. See Bandai's obsession with working Mobile Suit Gundam in jokes at the expense of all of its other series into its Media (Games, Manga, Series etc) for an example of this. Even a Gundam fan like me eventually ends up chaffing and desiring for them to use anything else in their large stable of produced media.
Considering that Gundam is Japan's Star Trek, of course there's going to be references to it everywhere!

__________________



CrowKenobi is offline  
Old 2007-05-12, 16:59   Link #4
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
All I can say before this airs is that I pray to god they stay on theme and that the episode is paced better this time around (I noticed that Lucky Channel seemed to come way earlier than usual in episode 5 as well and I think at this point it is just a way to fill up time).

What I anticpate are Less Haruhi references, less advertisements, less wasted time and a new direction for Lucky Channel as well as sticking to relevant jokes about schoolgirl life and the oddities of the characters. With this I am willing to welcome this episode with open arms. There's also a possibility that episode 5 was a massive shift in a direction, because of new direction and that it was a botched attempt to ease people into the new directors style (Instead of an eased transition they basically rewrote the rules of the series from the ground up).

Personally I like the way it was going with the previous director, but I am open to this new director stabilizing things over the course of the next few episodes, which shouldn't be a hard thing to do. One of my favourite Gundam Series, Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory went through 4 directors before it was finished and sometimes you could instantly tell if a new director had taken over and it could be quite chaotic, but the series still managed to turn out very well, if not in the manner it was intended to originally, and characters such as Anavel Gato are now fan favourites. Lucky Star wouldn't be the first time I've seen this kind of thing happen or the first time I've been skeptical and alarmed at the change of pacing in a series so I'm willing to give it a chance to find its new groove.

I just hope that the new director isn't the type to roll over to executives when they push him to include commerical plugs and references to Haruhi and Fummofu which I might add are getting annoying. Its one thing to do references, but when its almost always the same series it gets old and irritating fast. See Bandai's obsession with working Mobile Suit Gundam in jokes at the expense of all of its other series into its Media (Games, Manga, Series etc) for an example of this. Even a Gundam fan like me eventually ends up chaffing and desiring for them to use anything else in their large stable of produced media.
You need to calm down. It's not like you're so strapped for time that you can only view one series at a time, like I am. If you don't like the show, you don't have to damp everyone's view about it.
Claies is offline  
Old 2007-05-12, 17:43   Link #5
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
You need to calm down. It's not like you're so strapped for time that you can only view one series at a time, like I am. If you don't like the show, you don't have to damp everyone's view about it.
He's been like this since SuzuHaru, or maybe even earlier. Thank god I don't ever have to read his posts
arias is offline  
Old 2007-05-12, 20:56   Link #6
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Kaioshin:

Chill out, dude! It's only anime!
Anyway, here is some advice (take it however you will) :


+REP for the best variation of what everyone's been trying to tell Kaioshin-chan since Day One!!!
Ascaloth is online now  
Old 2007-05-12, 22:57   Link #7
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 24
I noticed that the Wikipedia article for Lucky Star states that the air date for episode 6 is Tuesday, May 15, instead of the usual Sunday. Does anyone have an explanation for this?
Claies is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 00:29   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
+REP for the best variation of what everyone's been trying to tell Kaioshin-chan since Day One!!!
What's with this thing you have going with giving rep to anybody in relation to stuff they tell me. Aren't there better things you could be spending those points on? Go play some Clannad, go on now, run along.

@Claies: I don't hate the show at all. I just happen to think that episode 5 sucked hard compared to the rest of the series and I'm hoping its not the start of a downturn.

@Arias: So you have me on ignore and you aren't even sure what I've said, yet you think you know who I am? Eh...... *Shrug*
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 00:30   Link #9
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What's with this thing you have going with giving rep to anybody in relation to stuff they tell me. Aren't there better things you could be spending those points on?

@Claies: I don't hate the show at all. I just happen to think that episode 5 sucked hard compared to the rest of the series and I'm hoping its not the start of a downturn.
...what? AFAIK, this is only the second time, and I'm doing it because it's genuinely funny. Why, is it against the forum rules now?
Ascaloth is online now  
Old 2007-05-13, 00:34   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
...what? AFAIK, this is only the second time, and I'm doing it because it's genuinely funny. Why, is it against the forum rules now?
I count about 4 times though I can't remember which posts they were. Anyway, I'm not that amusing really, there's not much to gain from poking fun at me. Trust me. What there is fun to be gained from is that Clannad game you've got waiting. And where did you come from, you weren't even here a second ago and then you leapt out of nowhere. Your lurking in the shadows and its freaking me out man .
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 00:35   Link #11
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
@Claies: I don't hate the show at all. I just happen to think that episode 5 sucked hard compared to the rest of the series and I'm hoping its not the start of a downturn.
Coincidentally, episode 5 marks the change of directors, a move by the animation studio that goes by the name of Kyoto Animation which you always seem to be trying desperately to bash to the ground.

Why do I feel that the info on the change of directors is slightly related to your heavy criticism of episode 5, and that you wouldn't have noticed anything if it wasn't for that announcement?

PS: Did anyone notice that, although the episode hasn't aired yet, it has a 1 rating in the poll?
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 00:46   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Coincidentally, episode 5 marks the change of directors, a move by the animation studio that goes by the name of Kyoto Animation which you always seem to be trying desperately to bash to the ground.

Why do I feel that the info on the change of directors is slightly related to your heavy criticism of episode 5, and that you wouldn't have noticed anything if it wasn't for that announcement?
Actually I had completely forgotten the change of the director when I made that first post and review. I only remembered a couple of days ago. It probably had something to do with it being fairly unimportant to me. After thinking it over yesterday on a list of things I think may have caused the episode to go wrong its probably ranked right near the bottom. #1 is that I watched the wrong series prior to it #2 Is pressure from Kadokawa, #3 is limited production time #4 Is Poor writing that week, #5 Is poor storyboarding and #6 Is the director change.

I also noticed the 1 in the poll. It's something of an inverse of the 10 that used to appear in the polls for Haruhi episodes. Let's tar and feather him.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 01:11   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
I think he just tarred and feathered himself as stupid (icon818) for rating an episode that hasn't aired yet ... trolling on a feeble level. Its quite possible he voted by accident though and I'm being harsh... I've accidently voted when I didn't intend to a few times.

Meh.. people are free to rep and/or ignore for any reason -- the only rules are against targeted harassment, either via negrep or posting.

I'm understand the comedy routine style being used in L*C (it really isn't terribly different than Abbott&Costello, not unique to japanese entertainment)... but again, I'd just rather see more of the 4-koma adapted, just my personal preference.

Maybe we should just give Ascaloth a rubber chicken and Kaioshin a cart full of cream pies and let them burn some energy off

I think we'll have to watch a few episodes and see if the director change really affected much since the series is probably storyboarded out for the entire 24 episodes (although I'm sure tweaking goes on all the time).
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 01:12   Link #14
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I count about 4 times though I can't remember which posts they were. Anyway, I'm not that amusing really, there's not much to gain from poking fun at me. Trust me. What there is fun to be gained from is that Clannad game you've got waiting. And where did you come from, you weren't even here a second ago and then you leapt out of nowhere. Your lurking in the shadows and its freaking me out man .
4 times, huh? I can't remember what the other 2 times are.....

Although, what Clannad game? I haven't gotten it yet, although I've been trying to get the KeyFC-Chinese-translated version of it, with not much luck thus far; their servers aren't the best. Anyone can help me out on this?

Anyway, jokes aside, you should really learn to lighten up, dude. I mean, even Kagami bats the ball right back at Konata every once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Maybe we should just give Ascaloth a rubber chicken and Kaioshin a cart full of cream pies and let them burn some energy off
Actually, I'm starting to wish Kaioshin-chan WOULD start throwing those cream pies back at me; one-way traffic IS starting to get boring after a while.
Like I said, even Kagami bats the ball back at Konata once in a while, and that's what makes L*S so great, no?
Ascaloth is online now  
Old 2007-05-13, 01:36   Link #15
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Kaioshin_dono's complaints of his victimization remind me a lot of Jean-Jacque Rousseau's later writings, like Reveries of a Solitary Walker, First Walk. Yeah, I have a rhetoric paper on Rousseau and Montaigne to write right now...
Mirrinus is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 01:40   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Kaioshin_dono's complaints of his victimization remind me a lot of Jean-Jacque Rousseau's later writings, like Reveries of a Solitary Walker, First Walk. Yeah, I have a rhetoric paper on Rousseau and Montaigne to write right now...
What victimization? I don't even know what some people are talking about anymore sometimes. Nobody's being victimized here. This isn't prison or whatever.

@Ascaloth: I'm not sure what to bat back, but I do in fact have a Rubber Chicken in my closet.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 01:55   Link #17
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
What's funny is how much attention all of you are giving to him, and taking away from Lucky Star in its own threads.
arias is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 01:55   Link #18
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
@Ascaloth: I'm not sure what to bat back, but I do in fact have a Rubber Chicken in my closet.
Well, then you probably need to come up with something quick then, 'cause I don't think I'm the first, and I'm sure I won't be the last, person to treat you the way I'm doing now. You gotta learn to recognize that these jibes are really rather harmless, and that it wouldn't hurt you either to throw them back once in a while.
Ascaloth is online now  
Old 2007-05-13, 02:01   Link #19
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
What victimization? I don't even know what some people are talking about anymore sometimes. Nobody's being victimized here. This isn't prison or whatever.
I think what he meant by victimization is the paranoid attitude you have sometimes, talking about conspiracies of merchandising, animation studios, advertising, Kyoto Animation, Key, merchandising, Uguu's, moe, lolicon, Kyoto Animation, moe, Key, lolicon, advertising, ED songs, Kyoto Animation... did I miss anything? Oh, that's right, Kyoto Animation .

[/joke that hides truth ]
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline  
Old 2007-05-13, 02:15   Link #20
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
What's funny is how much attention all of you are giving to him, and taking away from Lucky Star in its own threads.
The episode hasn't aired yet and thus we're cooling our heels. Wait a second I remember, you're the one who always kind of disliked me for the way I was in the Haruhi threads. Things have changed a lot since then.

@WanderingKnight: Is it really that bad. I guess it is. I thought I'd been doing a bit of a better job of not going after those thing all the time. I've relaxed a lot of my real annoyances regarding most of those things and have come to accept them in the same way that I normally come to accept things, and that is by letting them pass from the realm of annoyance to something I can poke fun at and be amused by. The only way to do that is to truly understand those things, which you dislike and that is another reason why I've been putzing around these forums for quite a while.

@Ascaloth: I have been hitting back. The go play Clannad jab, the "your bored so find something to do post" a couple days ago.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.