AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 40.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-02, 17:46   Link #561
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
I was wondering though, Cinque was back inside the testube in this episode...was she that badly damaged after her battle with Subaru? Subaru barely touched her though during their fight.
And Nove really wants some revenge against Teana for doing those Illusion Images on her...she especially wants a rematch with Subaru though and thats for certain.
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 17:55   Link #562
Fabien
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Cinque was back inside the testube in this episode...was she that badly damaged after her battle with Subaru?
Ep 17, 15:45, she can't get up anymore, nor defend against Subaru.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 17:57   Link #563
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I was wondering though, Cinque was back inside the testube in this episode...was she that badly damaged after her battle with Subaru? Subaru barely touched her though during their fight.
and guess who was starlight breaker'd

__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:00   Link #564
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
From that point of vue, since every doctor or dentist out there has at least one crying/screaming young patient, you'll have to put them all in jail.
TO HER. TO HER. TO HER.

It is torture to her. From her point of view, it is torture. Everyone present in that dimension and ours knows she's in extreme distress.

And the fact that the people present there did nothing to at least ATTEMPT to comfort her in any way, they are feeding her fears.

Yes, I have even reduced the standard to 'Try'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
The original question was, Does Jail enjoys inflicting pain?
Does he even notice that Vivio is screaming?
I wasn't refering to the original question, but if I have to say...

1. He's indifferent about anything if it could get the job done.

2. Vivio could be spilling the secrets of eternal youth and he wouldn't care.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:05   Link #565
Fabien
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
TO HER. TO HER. TO HER.

It is torture to her. From her point of view, it is torture.
Same goes to lots of children who have to go to the dentist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wasn't refering to the original question, but if I have to say...

1. He's indifferent about anything if it could get the job done.
Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying: he doesn't enjoy inflicting pain, he just doesn't care (or even doesn't notice).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
2. Vivio could be spilling the secrets of eternal youth and he wouldn't care.
Actually, he might do all that stuff so that Vivio can spill the secrets of eternal youth...
After all, clones and articifial organs are kinda related to that subject.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:10   Link #566
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
TO HER. TO HER. TO HER.

It is torture to her. From her point of view, it is torture. Everyone present in that dimension and ours knows she's in extreme distress.

And the fact that the people present there did nothing to at least ATTEMPT to comfort her in any way, they are feeding her fears.

Yes, I have even reduced the standard to 'Try'.
My retort to this is simple.

SO?
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:25   Link #567
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and guess who was starlight breaker'd

yea although I'm sure it was her variation of Divine Buster when she did that.
I'm just saying that she didn't get scratched, but ended up in the testube in this episode for repairs. I guess even though Subaru didn't do any physical damage to Cinque, she ended up destroying her shielding power and her IS also.
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:32   Link #568
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
yea although I'm sure it was her variation of Divine Buster when she did that.
I'm just saying that she didn't get scratched, but ended up in the testube in this episode for repairs. I guess even though Subaru didn't do any physical damage to Cinque, she ended up destroying her shielding power and her IS also.
Firstly, no regular magic circle was invoked during her final attack with her IS against Cinque's shield, and coupled with the fact her IS is an Oscillation Wave attack, it's not too farfetched to think that upon striking anything with her IS, it releases some form of shockwave in excess that damaged Cinque.

And the damage was inside. Her IS wasn't damaged (( it can't be )), but her internal frames, most likely her mobility one around her spine or limbs got damaged from the outburst of the shockwave internally.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:38   Link #569
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Firstly, no regular magic circle was invoked during her final attack with her IS against Cinque's shield, and coupled with the fact her IS is an Oscillation Wave attack, it's not too farfetched to think that upon striking anything with her IS, it releases some form of shockwave in excess that damaged Cinque.

And the damage was inside. Her IS wasn't damaged (( it can't be )), but her internal frames, most likely her mobility one around her spine or limbs got damaged from the outburst of the shockwave internally.
oh well that explains alot, thanks for the clear up!
Subaru has some explosive IS powers within her.
Which kind of reminds me, isn't wing road also Subaru's IS powers as well?
I also noticed that most IS attacks don't require a magical circle to be invoked just to make it work.
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:41   Link #570
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
oh well that explains alot, thanks for the clear up!
Subaru has some explosive IS powers within her.
Which kind of reminds me, isn't wing road also Subaru's IS powers as well?
I also noticed that most IS attacks don't require a magical circle to be invoked just to make it work.
Wing Road is an original spell that works very differently from regular spells, but magic non-the-less.

As for how Jail created that non-magic Wing-Road-look-a-like, Air Liner... dunno. That being said, we still don't know what's the proper extension of Nove's IS.

And that's because IS =/= magic. They do no run on magic.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:45   Link #571
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Wing Road is an original spell that works very differently from regular spells, but magic non-the-less.

As for how Jail created that non-magic Wing-Road-look-a-like, Air Liner... dunno. That being said, we still don't know what's the proper extension of Nove's IS.
now thats an interesting thought...Scaglietti's intentions of kidnapping either Ginga or Subaru was because he wanted to create something along the lines of a Type-0 cyborg, but better.
Maybe thats why Nove has the Wing road look alike, Air Liner...Nove could be the only closest recreation of a Type-0....as for how Type-0 cyborgs are unique...that I don't really know.
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:59   Link #572
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Same goes to lots of children who have to go to the dentist.
Yes, but you didn't overlook the 'comforting' part did you? Cause that's the point I'm getting.

Doctors/nurses would at least attempt to calm the child down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Actually, he might do all that stuff so that Vivio can spill the secrets of eternal youth...
After all, clones and articifial organs are kinda related to that subject.
But you get my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
My retort to this is simple.

SO?
You're standing so deep in the cloudy, murky, hazy line that I don't even know what's your stand in this.

What on earth could your 'so' be refering to?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:04   Link #573
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're standing so deep in the cloudy, murky, hazy line that I don't even know what's your stand in this.

What on earth could your 'so' be refering to?
Why would they even bother to try to 'comfort' her if it doesn't so much bother them? Deici seemed slightly bothered, but she's the Rei of the Numbers, so she wouldn't do anything nice. Quatrro's REALLY enjoying the mental torture, while Jail's too excited about the floating jewel in front of him to even register anything. And anything that makes Jail happy, makes Uno happy.

Practicality.

And I presume that the results wouldn't be so clear had she be asleep (( since she needs to wake up later for Jail to notice the changes. )), and considering how Jail's so excited about the prospect of her becoming the "one to carry the power..."

So, yeah, her being awake is most likely necessary for immediate results, changes and observation (( I doubt there's any real biological change to Vivio's body structure )) since Zest don't look different enough to him to be unrecognizable to Regius, and since the crying doesn't bother Jail and co, he isn't interested in wasting precious seconds to comfort her. They're being practical, just as I am. :3
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:07   Link #574
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
No matter how you put it, it is still torture, and no comfort will really help, short of using anaesthesia, but that may not be possible without ruining the result.

The only thing that will justify it, as I've previously mentioned, is something good coming out of it. Quite a bit of good. I'm waiting to see what is the Good the Doctor is planning. The plus/minus of comforting / not-comforting is minimal either way.

Besides, do you think any amount of comfort will really work at that moment. Just getting on with the procedure does have its advantages in this situation.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:23   Link #575
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and guess who was starlight breaker'd

Ohh, animation gaffe- isn't R-Knuckle on the other hand???
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:25   Link #576
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Why would they even bother to try to 'comfort' her if it doesn't so much bother them? Deici seemed slightly bothered, but she's the Rei of the Numbers, so she wouldn't do anything nice. Quatrro's REALLY enjoying the mental torture, while Jail's too excited about the floating jewel in front of him to even register anything. And anything that makes Jail happy, makes Uno happy.

Practicality.
O_O O_O O_O

Nightengale... Misunderstood me...?

Head... Dizzy...

(P.S - I'm not saying he has to comfort her, I'm just saying that the situation is different from the one Fabien used.

Since 'normal' doctors will decent intentions would at least try something to calm her down.)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:31   Link #577
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
O_O O_O O_O

Nightengale... Misunderstood me...?

Head... Dizzy...

(P.S - I'm not saying he has to comfort her, I'm just saying that the situation is different from the one Fabien used.

Since 'normal' doctors will decent intentions would at least try something to calm her down.)
Hey, I'm only human, right?

Anyway, we've long agreed that Jail isn't 'normal' even IF IF IF he has some decent intentions.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:48   Link #578
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hey, I'm only human, right?

Anyway, we've long agreed that Jail isn't 'normal' even IF IF IF he has some decent intentions.

O_O O_O O_O

Nightengale... Human... ?

Head... Dizzy...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:59   Link #579
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 25
I think... You broke Chaos Nightengale...

And that line made me think of something... I think it went "The path to evil is full of good intentions." something like that... That's kind of what Jail is like. He thinks he's doing good things.
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 21:13   Link #580
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I think... You broke Chaos Nightengale...

Nightengale... Only human... Only human... only human...


Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
And that line made me think of something... I think it went "The path to evil is full of good intentions." something like that... That's kind of what Jail is like. He thinks he's doing good things.
"Some of the worst decisions were made with the best of intentions..."

Jurassic Park 3
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.