AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 40.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-06, 17:24   Link #721
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Look- not meaning to sound harsh, but none of the Numbers, possibly excepting Quattro and/or Uno, will die.

I'll summarize my speech by saying this: Nanoha is not the season for deaths.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 17:25   Link #722
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Look- not meaning to sound harsh, but none of the Numbers, possibly excepting Quattro and/or Uno, will die.

I'll summarize my speech by saying this: Nanoha is not the season for deaths.
i know, only number i really want to see dead is also quattro, uno is annoying and might die.
Old 2007-09-06, 17:27   Link #723
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Eh? How is Uno annoying? She hasn't done anything big yet

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-09-06 at 17:39.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 17:30   Link #724
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Eh? How is Uno annoying? She has done anything big yet
she's the lapdog of the evil ringmaster. her evil demeanor is just annoying.
Old 2007-09-06, 17:31   Link #725
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I wouldn't call her "evil" by any means, leaning more towards "understanding"- she is the Doctor's first Number after all, and she's been with him through thick and thin, so to speak.
Old 2007-09-06, 17:35   Link #726
X207
Gamyūsa

meh, she still relates closest to skag. the other numbers and lucetia's group look more like pawns to me.
Old 2007-09-06, 23:03   Link #727
Rava

Huh. Was that a mistranslation or did Acous really say that Hayate had a rare skill?
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 10:37   Link #728
Aaron008R

Just watched the subs...
I think I feel a bit better for RF6 now... At least they showed that they knew the severity of the failure... Anyway...

Most of the notable scenes have been brought to light already. Though I particularly liked these:

Teana&Subaru: It works. Teana's the one who's steadfast now.

both of Nanoha's scenes: Yukarin did a stellar job in Nanoha's terrified gasps and upset lines... You can really feel the pain.

AgitoXZest: One of the best pairings ever? Don't ask me why...

Hayate&Acous: Another great exchange between Kana Ueda and Daisuke Ono. I loved Hayate's light moan when her head got patted by her onii-chan.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:11   Link #729
Arrow
N/A

Seeing Nanoha (or anyone) upset like that makes me want to carpet-bomb the perpetrator. ><

And yup, it seems that Teana and Subaru are as straight as a wet noodle with Nanoha and Fate.

Has anyone actually died in any of the seasons? I think Reinforce came close, but she just came back in action-figure size.
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:15   Link #730
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Nope. The Ritter never were "dead", having being stored inside the Book of Darkness, and Reinforce I, as you said, returned as Reinforce II.

To cut a long speech that I once did short:

Nanoha is, again, not the season for any death.

Thusly, I highly doubt any of the Numbers will die for that reason.
Old 2007-09-07, 18:30   Link #731
Arrow
N/A

I wonder if, like the Ritter, they'll join the TSAB. Then of course the next villain has to overpower everyone from all the previous seasons to win...

...hey, it happened with Fate and the Ritter.

Or maybe it's like Harry Potter - it'll take a while for them to kill off a character. In HP anyway Book 4 was the first actual character death (minus those already dead before Book 1) so maybe Season 4 will have the first character death too...

Man, who'd be shocked if Nanoha was listed KIA?
Old 2007-09-07, 18:35   Link #732
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Considering that a death flag has been raised some way up for Nanoha, I wouldn't be surprised if she gave her life to save Vivio, or something else. Fate being listed as KIA would be more shocking in my books.

Also that "joining the Bureau" bit has been discussed, too- I also hold to the belief that the Numbers will, indeed, join the Bureau. As for Scag...not too sure.

And come to think of it, only one person has died on-screen to some degree, and that was Clyde. That was also in a flashback.

If they make a fourth season, it might have character deaths, but we can't deny the fact that it's mahou shoujou. Those types of shows usually don't have death bits.
Old 2007-09-07, 18:42   Link #733
Arrow
N/A

Who was Clyde?

It's also possible that the Numbers don't join the Bureau - they might also just disappear, or they can live with someone else and disappear (pull a Alia/Lotte)...

It's entirely possibly that characters might die in the future. Harry Potter was first a kid's book, and then they started killing people. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but "The series, whilst having some of the traditional trappings of Magical Girl shows, differs in several key ways" and that "the show's story is significantly more emotionally intense than those of other magical girl series, dealing with themes such as social alienation and child abuse." (from Wikipedia). So judging from that, they might start killing people sometime in the near future.

I could be entirely wrong too. I haven't watched many mahou shoujos, so I can't accurately judge.
Old 2007-09-07, 18:48   Link #734
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, you have a point there, indeed.

Clyde was Lindy's husband. It was in one of the closing episodes of A's in which Gil Graham had a flashback. In it, the Book's program was overrunning the ship that Clyde was stationed in, the Hestia. In order to prevent the entire situation from going amok, since the Hestia had commenced charging its cannon at, well...something, Clyde asked Gil to fire the Asura's Arc-en-Ciel at his vessel. He did so, obliterating the ship and killing Clyde in the process, the only one on board the craft because he chose to stay. It was for a reason, I just can't remember what.

They might start killing characters, yes, but I still hold true to my thought that no Numbers will die...or, if I had to be picky, that the possibility of death only existed for Quattro, Uno, and possibly Nove. On a side-note, this show is the first to have deaths...but in the form of redshirts. Still, it's an advancement.
Old 2007-09-07, 18:51   Link #735
Arrow
N/A

If they started killing off characters, I'd be impressed - not a lot of shows nowadays actually have plot shields fail entirely. I don't think they should kill off Fate or Nanoha or Hayate in particular yet - otherwise you'd be left with pretty much no story. The Wolkenritter I expect could get KIA-ed...Zafira came close during the Number's raid on TSAB Ground GHQ.
Old 2007-09-07, 18:58   Link #736
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, the only main character under the threat of death is Vita. Hayate has been shafted to heck, but even so, losing her would be a major blow to the story, yes.

But, only time will tell.
Old 2007-09-07, 19:07   Link #737
Mirificus

After getting a close look at Nanoha's shoes, I'm kind of curious why she's the only one that wears sneakers. While they could be part of the instructor uniform, she kept wearing them even after they all moved to the TSAB ground uniform.
Old 2007-09-08, 07:19   Link #738
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Nope. The Ritter never were "dead", having being stored inside the Book of Darkness, and Reinforce I, as you said, returned as Reinforce II.

To cut a long speech that I once did short:

Nanoha is, again, not the season for any death.

Thusly, I highly doubt any of the Numbers will die for that reason.
Yes, I'm sure Precia and Alicia agree with that.

That aside, Reinforce I never turned into Reinforce II. Reinforce herself stated that while she would die, there would be another (note another) girl born whom Hayate should give that name to.

hell, there was even a whole tearry part about it in the manga, which basically ended up with the general 'she lives on in me' routine..

Not to mention that Zest is actually looking forward to death.
Old 2007-09-08, 07:25   Link #739
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Alright, you got me with Alicia and Precia...and also, you corrected me about Reinforce, but I still hold to my beliefs. We can only watch and wait, though.
Old 2007-09-08, 07:36   Link #740
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, I'm not expecting the numbers to drop like flies either. I think pretty much all off them will be captured. Quattro is the only one I'm not sure off, but in that regard I am still leaning towards either way.

Zest, however, already has his tombstone carved.