AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 98 69.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 9.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-07, 03:15   Link #141
Hagges01
Special UFO Hunter

hmm...worried, this got me thinking about the future, wondering about the message
indeed Higurashi got too much left to explain, now I consider Satoko an interesting and important character........god that was good
Old 2007-08-07, 06:16   Link #142
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by notap View Post
Thanks, but it's giving me some really awful images of what might have happened in town. I mean, opening a valve and walking away is pretty bad, but doing it up close...yikes. The bad guys must be cold as ice.
Considering they can grab a little girl and cut her open to die like that...I don't think gassing a ton of villagers would be that tough on them. Doesn't seem like mass murder or even stabbing which I assume happened to Rena bothers these guys too much.

Seems possible they simply grouped all these people together then gassed the individual areas. Certainly the mental imagery of what happened just in this episode is pretty rough.
Old 2007-08-07, 06:50   Link #143
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
There is a clue on how the SDF is involved in this in episode 1.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:08   Link #144
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Thinking back

It's not that absurd to think that the 20 missing people were the "janitors" or at least some of the missing people

They are there for more than 5 years
Surely they mingled with the people (on tsumihoroboshi one of them was a "landscaper")
5 years completely hidden is far more difficult than "turn into a normal citizen"

Well, in the end, it doesn't make any difference it they were or not
Old 2007-08-07, 10:40   Link #145
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
^
since irie-sensei was working with the "janitors" back in the first arc... i ithink that the theory that the 20 -1, since rena is one of them, are the "janitors"... but as said earlier in this thread, there are many other possibilities of who those 20 are...
Old 2007-08-07, 13:08   Link #146
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by notap View Post
I don't think this could have been done as a general release of gas in the village, .
Oh we know it wasn't. The cops said that the gas would have left marks on the village that weren't there in the first episode of this series. I'm confident the gas release was only in one building and that's why the townsfolk were gathered in that building. You might call it a...final solution. I call them "plumbers" for a couple of reason's and how they must have released the gas is one of them.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:11   Link #147
mist2123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Oh we know it wasn't. The cops said that the gas would have left marks on the village that weren't there in the first episode of this series. I'm confident the gas release was only in one building and that's why the townsfolk were gathered in that building. You might call it a...final solution.
did you forget about people in their houses they also died
Old 2007-08-07, 13:11   Link #148
Wanderer
Goat

About the MIG being the 20 missing people. Well, all the janiters we saw seemed to be male and combat aged. Certainly they wouldn't have families there, and leaving/entering into the close knit community of Hinamizawa is a big deal...

Let's see, of all the missing people (save Rena), all of them are male, between 18 and 35, have no family (in hinamizawa at least) and moved to Hinamizawa within the last 5 years (or at least were away long enough to be professionally trained)... hmm...

It's really a ridiculous notion.

My main questions are:

Why are people at the school? Why are they in their casual clothes? And here is a question that no one else has touched on: Why is it only the students, teachers, Oryou and Kimiyoshi? Where are all the childrens' parents and why aren't they with their kids? (Most of the residents died in their beds right?)

What is the agenda of the person or people behind the MIG?

Why does Irie get offed? It seems he knows something he shouldn't. (I am actually suspicious that he is involved somehow in people going crazy, and perhaps the greater conspiracy, and that perhaps Takano is involved with him... seeing as they work together)

How does Rika know that everyone will die after she dies (she says it in episode 4)?

Why do the MIG bother to go through the trouble to watanagashi Rika when the town is about to be wiped anyway?

Why didn't the MIG search for Satoko in the house? Isn't the fact that Satoko lives with Rika common knowledge?

Why do people who fall from the bridge and fall unconscious seem to be the only ones who survive the GHD? (Though not for long after).

Well, it's looking pretty clear that the destruction of Hinamizawa is an outside conspiracy, rather than an inside one or a supernatural force. I kinda thought that the MIG might be a red herring, but it seems I was wrong.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:15   Link #149
mist2123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
How does Rika know that everyone will die after she dies (she says it in episode 4)?
uhhh....... time resets after she die and she already experienced it more than 1 time
Old 2007-08-07, 13:22   Link #150
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

NOTE: This is conjecture regarding the mastermind(s) behind this mess.
Spoiler:

Last edited by k//eternal; 2007-08-08 at 14:58.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:43   Link #151
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
auauau mascot? :]
Quote:
Why didn't the MIG search for Satoko in the house? Isn't the fact that Satoko lives with Rika common knowledge?
Let's say their primary target is Rika, and she might be with other villagers. they don't have the time, considering th schedule of the extermination plan, as we can see.
Quote:
Why do people who fall from the bridge and fall unconscious seem to be the only ones who survive the GHD? (Though not for long after).
Because they are simply far from the supposed GHD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Spoiler for theory about the possible mastermin(s):
Spoiler for some facts, still about the "possible" mastermin(s):

Let's wait for Minagoroshi-hen anyway. there is enough material to accurately guess/confirm the culprit(s).
however, this is the core mystery of higurashi, and it would be preferable to let people think about it alone, without giving influence to the others. it is hard to begin to contradict or confirm, since it might be spoiler anyway.
Waiting for 5-10 episodes isn't a big deal :]

edit : bolded, since the fellow member had the good idea to litteraly say who it was..."

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-08 at 14:17.
Old 2007-08-07, 21:32   Link #152
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Because they are simply far from the supposed GHD.
When I first saw Tatarigoroshi-hen, that's what I thought. Then I read the interview from the end of Tatarigorishi-hen placed in the TIPS section, which discounted that theory.

Ah now I get it. The interviewer's source was actually conducting his experiments on the false basis that it was volcanic gas... those sneaky writers... I tip my hat to them once again...

Well, there's an important question answered
Old 2007-08-08, 00:10   Link #153
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Note: Like the above post I made, this is also conjecture on the mastermind(s).
Spoiler:

Last edited by k//eternal; 2007-08-08 at 14:58.
Old 2007-08-08, 07:05   Link #154
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello. May I join you? Last year I kind of missed Higurashi and for the last couple of weeks I was watching for 1st season. The nail thing was pretty nasty, yep.
Now I'm through 5 episodes of the new series.
"Ils sont tous morts" is what I can say about the episode.
Watched the episode without subtitles but since it had numerous flashback scenes it was pretty understandable.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-08-08, 12:50   Link #155
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Well, we know it isn't Keiichi, and you're going on "square is a rectangle" logic here. The culprit has to have strong outside ties, because the MIGs come from outside (as established before here). Additionally, to want to wipe out the village, someone is probably looking at a bigger picture than just Hinamizawa itself; since Hinamizawa is so secluded, the villagers aren't likely to be thinking that way.

Consequently, the culprit is someone from outside. That narrows things down.

Now, Irie is pretty suspicious, and (IIRC) he's been associated with the MIGs before. Combine that with Takano's attitude and clearly-intentional manipulation and it's fully plausible that they're together in this conspiracy.

As for "who isn't suspicious"... well, look at it this way. Write up a list of characters, cross off the mains and the villagers, and you really don't have much left. In my experience it never happens that a mystery story has a culprit who isn't -introduced as a "normal" character, because that leaves too little room for development and the culprit's motives.

So I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one, the question I have is more why, not who.
Indeed. It wouldn't be nearly as fun for the audience if the culprit was someone entirely out of the blue. So... by now it's clear that none of the main characters are behind it... which leaves the side characters.

Funny though, it's hard to imagine Irie condoning such a brutal murder of Rika since he lubs the chibiko so much. Maybe it's his reluctance that gets him killed?

Actually, I think it's most likely that Irie is not a mastermind at all, and rather is being used as a pawn for his medical knowledge and usefulness as the local doctor. If this whole thing is indeed an experiment, there's a need to keep an eye on the test subjects. The best way to do that discreetly is through the local doctor, since he is both qualified and has access. Why he's working with the bad guys might be because he's been blackmailed, or perhaps he's been fooled into thinking that the experiment is something else. This would also explain his extermination, because at that point he has outlived his usefulness and has become a liability.

Takano remains as mysterious as ever. Her death seems fake to be sure, but she seems too obvious for me to point my finger squarely at her to be behind all of this.
Old 2007-08-08, 12:53   Link #156
Davidj

Quote:
I
Actually, I think it's most likely that Irie is not a mastermind at all, and rather is being used as a pawn for his medical knowledge and usefulness as the local doctor. If this whole thing is indeed an experiment, there's a need to keep an eye on the test subjects. The best way to do that discreetly is through the local doctor, since he is both qualified and has access. Why he's working with the bad guys might be because he's been blackmailed,.
Conspiracy: You will serve our will or we will reveal your perverse attraction to little girls in maid costumes!

Irie: My most closely held secret? Nooooo!
Old 2007-08-08, 14:54   Link #157
Jimmy C

It's not much of a "secret" considering how easily he reveals it in several episodes in the first season and again in ep2 of this season.
Old 2007-08-08, 14:59   Link #158
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Clearly he gets a constant supply of fresh virgins from Conspiracy, Inc.
Old 2007-08-08, 15:11   Link #159
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's not much of a "secret" considering how easily he reveals it in several episodes in the first season and again in ep2 of this season.
Yes, that was the joke.
Old 2007-08-08, 15:50   Link #160
Echoes

Irie being a pawn actually seems like an idea that could hold some water, especially because of his mentioned usefulness as a local doctor.