AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-03, 10:34   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Character discussion - Sekai

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Sekai related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all School Days fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.


  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Spoiler Policy
Warning: It will be tempting to discuss the surprising endings from the game. Let's save such things for discussion in the thread for the game. Let's just say that some of the endings can be nasty and not say another word!

Due to the heavy nature of possible game spoilers we have decided to disallow any further posting of game spoilers in this thread, even under spoiler tags. Read the following rule for clarification:

Any spoiler/hints/discussion, even under the spoiler tags, from the game/manga that leads to the revealtion of any future events to the anime will be deleted from here on. Furthermore, the poster will also earn a ban to empasize the point that no spoiler will be tolerated in this thread.


You are still invited to use spoiler tags if you feel the need to.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2007-08-03, 10:46   Link #2
Joka
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
She is as immature as the guy she loves. She had sex with him for the wrong reasons, She couldn't control her self and her actions, because of her inexperience and undeveloped mind set. Poor her. She brought some of this on her self.

The immature drama of high school kids is hilarious, because they put so much emotion into it.
Joka is offline  
Old 2007-08-03, 14:50   Link #3
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
She is as immature as the guy she loves. She had sex with him for the wrong reasons, She couldn't control her self and her actions, because of her inexperience and undeveloped mind set. Poor her. She brought some of this on her self.

The immature drama of high school kids is hilarious, because they put so much emotion into it.
Though i agree that she is immature and inexperienced being shes only a high school girl i disagree on some points.

1.We have no proof yet they actually had sex, we wont know that till the next episode. Its possible they never actually got to it. Sekai's mom could have come home or Sekai could have stopped him. To me its specualtion till its confirmed

2.Assuming they did have sex she did not have sex with him for the wrong reason. she loves him that her reason I see nothing wrong with that. However she should have waited till Motoko was not dating Koto, that was her mistake.

3.Technically she tried to avoid this by helping Motoko and Koto stay together she even lectured him about being a good boyfriend and resisted his advances for as long as she could even with her feelings for him there is only so much a person can take. she tired to get both of them on the right track by offering advice, even though she was manipuative doing it, i beleive it was a way for her to protect her self. It didnt work out that way the more she tried to help the more she grew to love Motoko. Its very rare for the person who is trying to avoid drama to actually cause it it just so happens it came about this time. All of them are at fault in some way imo.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-08-03, 15:04   Link #4
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Sekai is hardly the worst character in School Days. There is nothing to debate on her implication, since indeed, facts are :
  • She was the origin of the situation
  • She kissed makoto
  • She "forced" makoto and kotonoha to fix their couple, despite they were on the verge of breaking up
  • She performed a silly training
Aside of these points, I believe she is a kinda tragic character, much more than Mitsuki from KGNE.

Sekai is basically torned by two opposite mindset: she is obviously in love with makoto, and she wants him and kotonoha to be happy together.

yes, i really believe she ALSO wants kotonoha to be happy with him, and not only "if makoto is happy with anyone, i'm "fine" usual "love sacrifice" mindset.
But unfortunately for her, her inexperience was really a problem, and before she knew it, her "resilience" fall apart the more she tries to help Makoto and kotonoha.

As far as we could see, the episode 4 was extremely blatant for her "feelings resilience" issue, though she was able to be a complete fortress in episode 5... until Makoto had the good idea to go gung ho with her.

I'm wondering how she will behave with Kotonoha, but i don't think she will be carefree with her, nope.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2007-08-03, 15:27   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Though i agree that she is immature and inexperienced being shes only a high school girl i disagree on some points.

1.We have no proof yet they actually had sex, we wont know that till the next episode. Its possible they never actually got to it. Sekai's mom could have come home or Sekai could have stopped him. To me its specualtion till its confirmed

2.Assuming they did have sex she did not have sex with him for the wrong reason. she loves him that her reason I see nothing wrong with that. However she should have waited till Motoko was not dating Koto, that was her mistake.

3.Technically she tried to avoid this by helping Motoko and Koto stay together she even lectured him about being a good boyfriend and resisted his advances for as long as she could even with her feelings for him there is only so much a person can take. she tired to get both of them on the right track by offering advice, even though she was manipuative doing it, i beleive it was a way for her to protect her self. It didnt work out that way the more she tried to help the more she grew to love Motoko. Its very rare for the person who is trying to avoid drama to actually cause it it just so happens it came about this time. All of them are at fault in some way imo.
1) dont deny yourself it was clear that they has sex as neither makoto or sekai was going to stop...

2) it was a wrong reason...i bet the next day she would refer the event as "the completion of the training"

3) fully agree...she tried to hard to deny her feelings and they came whacking her back 10 times harder >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Aside of these points, I believe she is a kinda tragic character, much more than Mitsuki from KGNE.
hard to say...mitsuki did go through a lot of crap before and after while bearing huge guilt...but one thing that she didnt do was to kiss her love interest...for sekai this isnt the case ~ when i saw that first kiss i was just ripping my hair screaming at the screen "WTF WHY DID YOU DO THAT!" as the kiss was a sure indicator to makoto that there is something up with her whereas mitsuki never made this kind of backstabbing approach (and hence why i love her so much ^.^)
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-08-03, 15:38   Link #6
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
1) dont deny yourself it was clear that they has sex as neither makoto or sekai was going to stop...

2) it was a wrong reason...i bet the next day she would refer the event as "the completion of the training"

3) fully agree...she tried to hard to deny her feelings and they came whacking her back 10 times harder >_<


hard to say...mitsuki did go through a lot of crap before and after while bearing huge guilt...but one thing that she didnt do was to kiss her love interest...for sekai this isnt the case ~ when i saw that first kiss i was just ripping my hair screaming at the screen "WTF WHY DID YOU DO THAT!" as the kiss was a sure indicator to makoto that there is something up with her whereas mitsuki never made this kind of backstabbing approach (and hence why i love her so much ^.^)
I would say that there is a 95% chance that they did have sex. Im just saying there is a possbility that it didnt happen. There are still variables there that could have how should say spoil the mood. I just want confirmation before i take that mindset that they had sex and we will get that in episode 6. Not to mention if they did the emotional attachemtn will only get stronger i mean everyone remembers their first and its even more special for girls than guys.

If it did happen it shouldnt have but the way she feels about him to me does not make it the wrong reason. There is a line between lust and love I think Sekai loves him to me thats reason enough to be intimate with someone It was the wrong time with Matoko still dating Koto because at this point its cheating.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-08-03, 18:01   Link #7
Azi-kun
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
Age: 27
I agree, Sekai clearly loves him. She had sex with him for the right reason, I've seen people have sex with eachother for far less noble reasons. Her approach wasn't the best, but I can understand it.
So I can't see her as a bad person. Makoto could have stopped too.

I wonder if Makoto gets more emotional attached to Sekai. I'm prety sure it will be so for Sekai, like you said first times are special especialy for a girl. For a guy too, but still less, at least for me. But someone like Makoto... I wonder.

Last edited by Azi-kun; 2007-08-03 at 18:02. Reason: spelling
Azi-kun is offline  
Old 2007-08-04, 00:01   Link #8
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
1.We have no proof yet they actually had sex, we wont know that till the next episode. Its possible they never actually got to it. Sekai's mom could have come home or Sekai could have stopped him. To me its specualtion till its confirmed.
Hearing that "crock" sound is solid proof that they have sex. Especially all her fingers seem to die down after that sound...its obvious. I agree with what dk said.
__________________
...
angel_wing0 is offline  
Old 2007-08-04, 09:01   Link #9
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Sekai could've EASILY got Makoto to break up with Kotonoha before jumping in the sack with him before the deed.

He is basically putty in her hands - everything Makoto has done in this series has been an instigation from Sekai. She's his chief advisor and will do anything she says.

She could have said, "Break up with Kotonoha and I will go out with you (+ sex) and he would have done it easily. He's obviously bored of Kotonoha and will drop her like a rock if Sekai only asks it.

Of course Sekai didn't ask it. My opinion on why she didn't is because she's afraid of hurting Kotonoha's feelings. Of course when the relationship comes out, Kotonoha will be hurt 20x worse, but for now it's safe because she doesn't know yet. Sekai will continue to keep putting it off until its too late - that's where the drama will come from.
Aceywacey is offline  
Old 2007-08-04, 10:25   Link #10
Joka
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Sekai will continue to keep putting it off until its too late - that's where the drama will come from.

high school tears feed my soul
Joka is offline  
Old 2007-08-04, 11:27   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Sekai could've EASILY got Makoto to break up with Kotonoha before jumping in the sack with him before the deed.

He is basically putty in her hands - everything Makoto has done in this series has been an instigation from Sekai. She's his chief advisor and will do anything she says.

She could have said, "Break up with Kotonoha and I will go out with you (+ sex) and he would have done it easily. He's obviously bored of Kotonoha and will drop her like a rock if Sekai only asks it.

Of course Sekai didn't ask it. My opinion on why she didn't is because she's afraid of hurting Kotonoha's feelings. Of course when the relationship comes out, Kotonoha will be hurt 20x worse, but for now it's safe because she doesn't know yet. Sekai will continue to keep putting it off until its too late - that's where the drama will come from.
its already too late for her when she got to the stage where they were kissing in the rain...way too late ~ and im just here thinking why she did all that crap to try and get makoto and kotonoha together when in the end she was the first one to have sex with him...

we see 2 problems here...

1) sure she could have told makoto to break up with kotonoha then give him sex as a reward...but this is blackmail! and doesnt go down too well on my patience with sekai's stupidity...classic case of backstabbing if she did this...

2) shut up and just deny it ~ kotonoha will end up extremely hurt...i can only just imagine her cries of pain saying "why!! why did you set me up if you where going to take him away!" ~ sekai is gonig to be left gobsmacked at the mess she made (or if not then she will be labeled heartless...)

lol this reminds me of the move in ep 2 XD
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-08-04, 11:38   Link #12
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
its already too late for her when she got to the stage where they were kissing in the rain...way too late ~ and im just here thinking why she did all that crap to try and get makoto and kotonoha together when in the end she was the first one to have sex with him...

we see 2 problems here...

1) sure she could have told makoto to break up with kotonoha then give him sex as a reward...but this is blackmail! and doesnt go down too well on my patience with sekai's stupidity...classic case of backstabbing if she did this...

2) shut up and just deny it ~ kotonoha will end up extremely hurt...i can only just imagine her cries of pain saying "why!! why did you set me up if you where going to take him away!" ~ sekai is gonig to be left gobsmacked at the mess she made (or if not then she will be labeled heartless...)

lol this reminds me of the move in ep 2 XD
D.K. i totally feel you on #2 Koto is going to feel like she was played with and used. I think one of the first things she will say when she finds out and inbetween her tears is WHY? There is no excuse they could offer in this life or the next that could quell the pain she is going to feel.

Im hoping that Koto asked Seaki why did you do this when you never had any interest in him and helped us get together. (even though Sekai has already picked up something from both of them)
__________________

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-08-08 at 08:43.
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-08-04, 13:17   Link #13
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Hah well sekai to me feels like a classic case of "honest to others, but dishonest to oneself".

She tries so hard to make others happy neglecting her own feelings, which is fine if your some kindof saint that can keep that up forever. But to attempt it as a young HS girl is just walking the road to ruin. Her major flaws like others said was her inability to rein in her feelings as they kept slipping out time and again randomly through physically intimacy with makoto or unconscious looks of worry and sadness (I.E. Episode 5 pool scenes).

So unless she wants to become a true tragic character itd be in her best interest to learn to become alittle more selfish with her feelings and gain abit more self-respect. It'd probably take the entire show, but itd be nice if she had that much character growth in the end.
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline  
Old 2007-08-08, 08:41   Link #14
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
I find it amusingly ironic that at one time Sekai was coaching Kotonoha that she has to learn to say no to Makoto ...

And now she can't do the same when in that exact position!

Sekai is a tragic character ... but that's why I <3 her
Aceywacey is offline  
Old 2007-08-08, 10:34   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
tragic...tragic...it depends really...if she had used more intelligence then this could have all been avoided and she would be happily making babies with him by now...O_o

come to think i wonder if she gave him any protection XD
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-08-08, 18:39   Link #16
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
come to think i wonder if she gave him any protection XD
Knowing Makoto, he wouldn't have taken it anyway.

I hope Sekai makes a moral turn-around, though. I do like the character, but if she keeps this up, I'll be forced to put her under the same category as Makoto, and that's saying something.
__________________
Echoes is offline  
Old 2007-08-08, 19:18   Link #17
`Anna
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lurking the forums :3
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Knowing Makoto, he wouldn't have taken it anyway.

I hope Sekai makes a moral turn-around, though. I do like the character, but if she keeps this up, I'll be forced to put her under the same category as Makoto, and that's saying something.
Spoiler for Episode 6:
`Anna is offline  
Old 2007-08-08, 19:44   Link #18
Shana
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Over there.
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Knowing Makoto, he wouldn't have taken it anyway.

I hope Sekai makes a moral turn-around, though. I do like the character, but if she keeps this up, I'll be forced to put her under the same category as Makoto, and that's saying something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by `Anna View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:

Both you guys have the reason. ~ Anna: Yeah, she does feels bad for what she's doing, but that's her fault, she's the only who accepted to Makoto have sex with her and anyone forced her to do that, do someone? No.

Though Sekai will have to think before and do after. What she's passing now is the remordment
Shana is offline  
Old 2007-08-08, 19:48   Link #19
`Anna
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lurking the forums :3
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
Both you guys have the reason. ~ Anna: Yeah, she does feels bad for what she's doing, but that's her fault, she's the only who accepted to Makoto have sex with her and anyone forced her to do that, do someone? No.

Though Sekai will have to think before and do after. What she's passing now is the remordment

You have a point.
`Anna is offline  
Old 2007-08-08, 20:02   Link #20
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
Both you guys have the reason. ~ Anna: Yeah, she does feels bad for what she's doing, but that's her fault, she's the only who accepted to Makoto have sex with her and anyone forced her to do that, do someone? No.

Though Sekai will have to think before and do after. What she's passing now is the remordment
I don't think it is "natural" to hinder your own happiness because someone else is affected by it. it requires courage and selflessness, which isn't something common with people in that kind of cases.
Accepting makoto or not deso'nt change the fact that makoto wants and is putting himself far from kotonoha to go to her. Even if she refuses, Makoto wouldn't really care about kotonoha, much like how episode 5 shows it.

The remorse is there, and her fault is already done, but actually, there isn't anything she can do, except pushing makoto to do something, which he ultimately didn't. She lacked willpower too, but i guess this would not happen if Makoto had the guts to settle things by himself, or when sekai asked him the very first times.

Being aware of consequences, having remorses, etc don't mean you CAN do something. heck, even if you WANT, that doesn't help you in your problem. things aren't simple as people might think.

i don't see why Sekai would be as faulty here. the limit has been passed, and there isn't anything she can do.
if she was about to do it herself, not only it is an insult to the injury, but that could have the opposite effect. the harm is already done anyway.
Klashikari is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.