AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-10, 06:50   Link #41
Azi-kun
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
It's a shame though. I loved her character up to epsiode 5, I can certainly understand how it was getting too hard to fight her own feelings, but I was a bit disappointed in episode 6 when she just surrended to Makoto's lusts and didn't have the strenght to tell Kotonoha.
Well I still believe it is Makoto who should break the news. He is the one who is having a relationship, not Sekai. I for one wouldn't like to be told that my girlfriend was sleeping behind my back by the guy who she was doing it with her. I think the one who is in the realtionship should have the guts to tell his/her partner what they did.
I think she did good trying to get Makoto to tell Kotonoha. Too bad he is a spineless bastard.

And about the lust... well it has been said before somewhere on this forum. Girls like sex too. Nothing wrong with that, although it would be better to make him break up first. But it wouldn't be interesting if that happened, now would it?

Sekai is definily my favorite character at the moment. I said it before but she reminds me off an ex-girlfriend of mine. And ofcourse there wouldn't be a story without her.

Last edited by Azi-kun; 2007-08-10 at 07:03.
Azi-kun is offline  
Old 2007-08-10, 07:13   Link #42
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Well I still believe it is Makoto who should break the news. He is the one who is having a relationship, not Sekai. I for one wouldn't like to be told that my girlfriend was sleeping behind my back by the guy who she was doing it with her. I think the one who is in the realtionship should have the guts to tell his/her partner what they did.
Of course. But would you instead prefer that no one ever tells you and your best friend and girlfriend continue to keep at each other.

Instead, if your girlfriend won't tell you, would you rather your best friend confess, and that he will stop seeing her? At least then you could confront your girlfriend and take control of the situation, either end the relationship yourself or try to repair it.
Aceywacey is offline  
Old 2007-08-10, 08:32   Link #43
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi-kun View Post
Well I still believe it is Makoto who should break the news. He is the one who is having a relationship, not Sekai. I for one wouldn't like to be told that my girlfriend was sleeping behind my back by the guy who she was doing it with her. I think the one who is in the realtionship should have the guts to tell his/her partner what they did.
I think she did good trying to get Makoto to tell Kotonoha. Too bad he is a spineless bastard.
no one is telling sekai to go break the news to kotonoha alone ~ why couldnt she have started it when all three of them were having lunch? that way makoto has to respond and if he tries to cover it up i can then put more of the blame onto his ass...
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-08-10, 10:41   Link #44
Azi-kun
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Of course. But would you instead prefer that no one ever tells you and your best friend and girlfriend continue to keep at each other.

Instead, if your girlfriend won't tell you, would you rather your best friend confess, and that he will stop seeing her? At least then you could confront your girlfriend and take control of the situation, either end the relationship yourself or try to repair it.
You got a good point there. Being completely oblivious would also suck. Well it is a painfull situation no mather what.
I for one would break up right away just because she didn't have the guts to tell it.

Well there is no easy solution out of something like this.
Azi-kun is offline  
Old 2007-08-10, 14:16   Link #45
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montana!! *Hears Crickets Chirping...*
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi-kun View Post
You got a good point there. Being completely oblivious would also suck. Well it is a painfull situation no mather what.
I for one would break up right away just because she didn't have the guts to tell it.

Well there is no easy solution out of something like this.
Actually there is...Sekai needs to just push Makoto away and tell him until you break up with Koto completely I won't allow you to have your way with me. Of course we all know that's NOT going to happen :P, but really that is the only way out of all this. That and Sekai should come clean with Koto...I bet Koto would atleast not feel vengeful if she came clean OF HER OWN BEING. Angry...oh hell yes...Vengeful toward her...no
__________________
Boku wa MetaSigma desu...
MetaSigma is offline  
Old 2007-08-10, 14:27   Link #46
Darklightz
Wagering his life...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaSigma View Post
Actually there is...Sekai needs to just push Makoto away and tell him until you break up with Koto completely I won't allow you to have your way with me.
I agree. Even better would be for Sekai to forbid any more naughty playing and see how long Makoto will hang around her if he can't get any from her either. But that's not likely to happen either.
Darklightz is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 00:13   Link #47
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaSigma View Post
Actually there is...Sekai needs to just push Makoto away and tell him until you break up with Koto completely I won't allow you to have your way with me. Of course we all know that's NOT going to happen :P, but really that is the only way out of all this. That and Sekai should come clean with Koto...I bet Koto would atleast not feel vengeful if she came clean OF HER OWN BEING. Angry...oh hell yes...Vengeful toward her...no
A little mix of what DK and Meta have brought to the table would work wonders in this situation. If she forbids any intimacy from Makoto until the both of them come clean to Koto would undoubtedly be the best thing to do at this point.

Firstly it would at least clear the air between Sekai and Kotonoha, because having the both of them break the news will show her that despite the rather unsavory condition they are in, the two people in front of her (or just maybe just Sekai) have the decency to admit to their mistake, rectify it, and move on. Although I would not be too optimistic and say Koto would immediately forgive and forget, in time, her wounds shall heal and she'll come out of this much wiser. Coming clean for both of them (Sekai and Makoto) is very important to possibly alleviate a potential time bomb.

Because like Meta said, she'll be angry as all hell at first, but an honest, mature apology would go miles in this situation, so Sekai's confession and apology are indeed mandatory to at least give some first aid to a rather large emotional wound. I'm more than sure Sekai, while saddened by the fact of a lost trust, will at least be able to look in the mirror with some semblance of pride.
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 04:25   Link #48
Double_Edge
Cool Lander
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
i absolutely HATE Sekai just as much as Makoto. And just so i dont break the rules, I will say some reasons. First off, she's indecisive. If she liked him, she should've let him know instead of hooking him up with katsura and sneaking around like a skank. Second, she's a total slut. She should at least wait until Makoto and Katsura break up, because the way things are going, it is bound to happen. And she is justifying it by saying it is practice?! What a little whore!

I just cannot like her character at all. I know the writers are trying to make us feel sorry for her because she is caught in a tragic love or whatever but it fails to deliver for me. I can;t feel sorry for her and makoto. i can only hate their actions. its disgusting. The only character I feel sorry for in this anime is Katsura because she doesnt know whats going on, shes TRYING her best for Makoto and he still does her like that. Ugh!!! instead of going to the Makoto topic i will just post here. I hate his guts! he is an insensitive....ASSHOLE!!!!!!! And i hate this anime. Like I've said before, I'm only gonna watch it because i REALLY want to know wtf happens at the end. And again, i would only be happy if Either makoto and katsura somehow die or if they stay together and live miserable lives.

makoto+ katsura? Fuck that, it's to late and I would be infuriated if they made up and got together. katsura should just go with someone else. I'm sorry if my views are a little extreme but I've said in another topic that this is the one anime that actually and always makes me mad at the end of the episode. Call me a drama queen but i don't care, i just....URGH!!!! HATE THIS ANIME!!!!!! I WISH I NEVER STARTED WATCHING IT BECAUSE NOW I DONT PLAN TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not exaggerating either, I REALLY do feel mad everytime the credits start rolling at the end of the episode, and not because I want more, its because of my hatred towards slutty Sekai and mother fucking Makoto.

Again, I apologize for my language, but I really cannot word it better. i probably could but I just finished watching episode 5 and I am pretty irritable right now.

EDIT: alright, I'm a little calmer right now. I ahve have a question for any Sekai fans. I do NOT understand how ANYONE could like her. If anyones a fan of her, could you please tell me why? What are her good points because I see NONE. In my book she's just.....a slut with no morals. If you like her, PLEASE, tell me why.
__________________
Signature eaten by fluffy bunnies...nom nom nom!
Double_Edge is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 05:36   Link #49
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Well, I don't *like* Sekai, per se, but I did find her charming for a while. She's a terrible person right now, but I do see some hope for her, and I wouldn't compare her to Makoto in any way. At the moment, she's made some terrible choices and I do not approve of them, but she's not the same inhumane monster as Makoto.

I'll run down a few redeeming factors that have made me cling to the hope that she'll somehow make a complete 180. I'll play somewhat of a devil's advocate here, since I do find Sekai pretty low per episode 7 of School Days, but she's the trump card I'm keeping my eyes on, the one I'm hoping will make everything right in the end, because God knows there's no chance of Makoto stepping up to the plate.
  • Conscience.
    She's constantly plagued by her conscience, from the very start she has been self-loathing and emotionally burdened by her own betrayal. She does feel bad, she knows what she's doing is wrong, but she doesn't have the courage to do the right thing, which is her error. This might or might not change, and depending on this factor, I'll end up "forgiving" her, or ultimately admit that she's beyond redemption.
  • Resistance.
    Yes, she's having an affair with Makoto, she has to take responsibility for this. Makoto is the one who's always pushing for more and more, and she doesn't automatically concede to his perverted needs at all times. She's trying to hold back, for various reasons, though she's not always successful in her struggle, at least trying to tell him off shows *some* decency.
  • Care.
    Somewhat of the same point I was making about resistance, but from a different angle. She's genuinely concerned that Koto will find out about them, especially if she caught them in the act, but Makoto doesn't really care about that at all. I think Sekai cares for Koto deep down, and that's the only reason she's so depressed. Makoto truly doesn't care for her, at all. Her efforts mean nothing to him, he even appears to loathe her at times, which is truly abominable. Of course, the point can be made that the only reason she doesn't want Koto to find out about them is to save her own hide, I'm not denying that possibility.

I'm not saying Sekai is a saint, but she's not as bad as Makoto. At least give her that.
__________________
Echoes is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 06:25   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haha...you shound like my clone XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
i absolutely HATE Sekai just as much as Makoto. And just so i dont break the rules, I will say some reasons. First off, she's indecisive. If she liked him, she should've let him know instead of hooking him up with katsura and sneaking around like a skank. Second, she's a total slut. She should at least wait until Makoto and Katsura break up, because the way things are going, it is bound to happen. And she is justifying it by saying it is practice?! What a little whore!

I just cannot like her character at all. I know the writers are trying to make us feel sorry for her because she is caught in a tragic love or whatever but it fails to deliver for me. I can;t feel sorry for her and makoto. i can only hate their actions. its disgusting. The only character I feel sorry for in this anime is Katsura because she doesnt know whats going on, shes TRYING her best for Makoto and he still does her like that. Ugh!!! instead of going to the Makoto topic i will just post here. I hate his guts! he is an insensitive....ASSHOLE!!!!!!! And i hate this anime. Like I've said before, I'm only gonna watch it because i REALLY want to know wtf happens at the end. And again, i would only be happy if Either makoto and katsura somehow die or if they stay together and live miserable lives.

makoto+ katsura? Fuck that, it's to late and I would be infuriated if they made up and got together. katsura should just go with someone else. I'm sorry if my views are a little extreme but I've said in another topic that this is the one anime that actually and always makes me mad at the end of the episode. Call me a drama queen but i don't care, i just....URGH!!!! HATE THIS ANIME!!!!!! I WISH I NEVER STARTED WATCHING IT BECAUSE NOW I DONT PLAN TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not exaggerating either, I REALLY do feel mad everytime the credits start rolling at the end of the episode, and not because I want more, its because of my hatred towards slutty Sekai and mother fucking Makoto.

Again, I apologize for my language, but I really cannot word it better. i probably could but I just finished watching episode 5 and I am pretty irritable right now.

EDIT: alright, I'm a little calmer right now. I ahve have a question for any Sekai fans. I do NOT understand how ANYONE could like her. If anyones a fan of her, could you please tell me why? What are her good points because I see NONE. In my book she's just.....a slut with no morals. If you like her, PLEASE, tell me why.
really i feel what you feel XD but after ep 7 hopefully your opinion will change ~

sekai has clearly been turned from being the traitor to being the victim (doesnt help me to like her but its a plus to see someone i dislike going down )

shes an idiot but makoto is times 100 what she can be...
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 07:19   Link #51
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
I really do like Sekai. I felt like Kotonoha was completely wrong to do what she did. Although it really was Sekai's fault that Itou switched over, Itou was already tiring of Kotonoha. It happens, sometimes you just realize as time goes by that you aren't really in love with the person you're dating. It happens, you can't make your perfect mate, you have to find your perfect mate. Really all of this is Itou's fault, I dislike him. I think it goes without saying that it's his responsibility not to cheat, it's his responsibility to break up with his girlfriend when he feels that it isn't working. Sekai isn't really a whore, she just is willing to offer what Itou is interested in. Honestly, I think part of the reason is also that Itou and Sekai aren't really able to date because of the fact that he is still with Kotonoha. Honestly the main issue is that Itou doesn't want Kotonoha as his girlfriend anymore, and either of them telling her would just break her heart. Honestly if I was in this situation though, I would probably end up having to make her break it off. (Yes it's a poor way to do it, but at the same time it makes it easier for the other person and really is just for the delicate lovers.)
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 10:14   Link #52
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montana!! *Hears Crickets Chirping...*
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I really do like Sekai. I felt like Kotonoha was completely wrong to do what she did. Although it really was Sekai's fault that Itou switched over, Itou was already tiring of Kotonoha. It happens, sometimes you just realize as time goes by that you aren't really in love with the person you're dating. It happens, you can't make your perfect mate, you have to find your perfect mate. Really all of this is Itou's fault, I dislike him. I think it goes without saying that it's his responsibility not to cheat, it's his responsibility to break up with his girlfriend when he feels that it isn't working. Sekai isn't really a whore, she just is willing to offer what Itou is interested in. Honestly, I think part of the reason is also that Itou and Sekai aren't really able to date because of the fact that he is still with Kotonoha. Honestly the main issue is that Itou doesn't want Kotonoha as his girlfriend anymore, and either of them telling her would just break her heart. Honestly if I was in this situation though, I would probably end up having to make her break it off. (Yes it's a poor way to do it, but at the same time it makes it easier for the other person and really is just for the delicate lovers.)
Koto wrong for trying to discover the truth and move on with her life? O_o;; Let's remember that it was SEKAI that first brought those two together, and it was also SEKAI that started this whole drama when she kissed Itou. We all know that Makoto is to blame, blah, blah, blah...but Sekai had EVERY opportunity to not turn this into a big thing by NOT GIVING IN TO MAKOTO'S ADVANCES. Let's remember the fact she's always giving Makoto advice. If she's the smarter one then why is she doing the same thing as Makoto (Lying to her friends, cheating with Makoto) the last time I checked Makoto wasn't having sex with his right hand. That being said Sekai garners responsibility for NOT taking action and telling Makoto, NO, not until you've broken up with Koto. We can save the 'what Makoto's responsibility is' for the Makoto thread. This is about Sekai, and basically it comes down to the fact that she put herself in this position, and Koto rightfully deserves to slap her for her actions AND inactions.
__________________
Boku wa MetaSigma desu...
MetaSigma is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 14:20   Link #53
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
I like Sekai since episode 1. She's just in a state of denial when she played cupid but hey, don't we all do that sometime? I think she deserved that slap though.
Thingle is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 14:25   Link #54
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
You are mistaking a lot what Sekai was doing.
She wasn't in denial, she was purposely fighting her own feelings, so she could carry on the "cupid" role, so being able to at least bring happiness for the 2 bashful "lovers".

Sekai never played the tsundere, she knows her feelings, but sealed them willingly. that is.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 14:27   Link #55
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
yeah and those feelings tore through that seal. It's good that she let it out and had it reciprocated by Makoto.
Thingle is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 14:30   Link #56
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montana!! *Hears Crickets Chirping...*
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
yeah and those feelings tore through that seal. It's good that she let it out and had it reciprocated by Makoto.
It would have been BETTER if she hadn't done it until Koto and Makoto weren't going out still >>
__________________
Boku wa MetaSigma desu...
MetaSigma is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 14:35   Link #57
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
better for whom? koto? because I bet Sekai would've been hurt more if she knew that she didn't grab the opportunity when it presented itself. Maybe she figured that waiting for koto and ito to break up is a waste of time on her part.
Thingle is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 15:14   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
better for whom? koto? because I bet Sekai would've been hurt more if she knew that she didn't grab the opportunity when it presented itself. Maybe she figured that waiting for koto and ito to break up is a waste of time on her part.
i just figured...you know nothing at all about sekai...

1) she wasnt actively trying to "steal" makoto
2) she never had the intention to begin with being the one who brought those 2 together
3) waste of time my ass...plz i urge you to look into sekai a bit more ~ she isnt the type of girl who would do something this spiteful if what you said was true (even though i dislike her the fact remains that she didnt not plan for anything like this to happen ~ it just happened because makoto is a bastard)
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 20:56   Link #59
Mintie
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Yeah, it would probably been best if Makoto and Kotonoha had broken up first. I mean, look at Sekai right now. She does noooot look happy. She looks downright miserable. A part of me thinks that she's also scared that if Makoto doesn't break up with Kotonoha soon, she thinks there's a chance that he still likes the other girl.
Mintie is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 12:38   Link #60
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montana!! *Hears Crickets Chirping...*
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
Yeah, it would probably been best if Makoto and Kotonoha had broken up first. I mean, look at Sekai right now. She does noooot look happy. She looks downright miserable. A part of me thinks that she's also scared that if Makoto doesn't break up with Kotonoha soon, she thinks there's a chance that he still likes the other girl.
That and she's fighting that internal battle of her own morals of if it was right to do what she did or not. So a lot is happening inside and outside of her life.
__________________
Boku wa MetaSigma desu...
MetaSigma is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.