AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-08, 09:00   Link #181
Ending
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
What? Priest is overall the best healer in WoW arena. If you were shadow, yeh, that spec pretty much disappeared.
Don't know about shadow, which is a damage-oriented build, since I aimed my priest to be a 100% PvE healer when I started, but for a holy/disc build (healing-orientation) it's 100% impossible to survive against any other class. You cannot really damage them and most of them have skills that completely disable your spells and make you immobile to boot.

Which, simply put it, disables your controls while they pummel away. If you are still in denial, just try pitting against a warlock or rogue and you will see. This was one of the main reasons why I couldn't bear playing WoW any longer.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 11:23   Link #182
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Don't know about shadow, which is a damage-oriented build, since I aimed my priest to be a 100% PvE healer when I started, but for a holy/disc build (healing-orientation) it's 100% impossible to survive against any other class. You cannot really damage them and most of them have skills that completely disable your spells and make you immobile to boot.

Which, simply put it, disables your controls while they pummel away. If you are still in denial, just try pitting against a warlock or rogue and you will see. This was one of the main reasons why I couldn't bear playing WoW any longer.
You don't need to explain the builds I've played wow since European beta and I know most classes including priest.

Have you ever wondered why priests are the second most popular healing class in both 2vs2 and 5vs5 brackets and the most popular healing class in the 3vs3 bracket yet according to you its impossible for an healing priest to survive in PvP.

I think someone here is in denial but its not me.

About rogues and warlocks, you know I play a resto shaman and let me tell you. Priests aren't the only class that have problems while they're silenced, stunned, snared or feared.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 12:44   Link #183
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yeah, I understand the whole PvE gear is for PvE and PvP gear is for PvP thing, it's just that I kinda wish it wasn't necessarily that way. Back in the day raid gear was great or at least competitive for PvP;
If by "at least competitive" you actually mean completely dominated PvP during 1.x than yes you're right.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 14:26   Link #184
RWBladewing
Designated Target
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the repair dock for another 5 hours
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If by "at least competitive" you actually mean completely dominated PvP during 1.x than yes you're right.
Well, I did say "great" before "at least competitive" didn't I? Statwise the epic PvP gear was pretty close to Tier 1/2, Tier 3 was a pretty big step up though. Of course, with the honor grind that PvP gear was also a lot harder to actually get than the PvP gear now, and only the really hardcore guys seemed to have it, so saying the raid gear dominated isn't too far off.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 18:35   Link #185
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
The epic pvp gear only matched up well (for some classes) against BWL/AQ gear during the PvP Gear update patch which IIRC was only a patch away from Naxx if not in the same patch.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 19:05   Link #186
RWBladewing
Designated Target
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the repair dock for another 5 hours
Age: 30
Heh I never intended to start a debate with that post. You are probably right as I don't thoroughly research stats, but then there was also the time when very few people had BWL gear and AQ wasn't out yet. Regardless, I never saw people with PvP gear struggling until Naxx came out, but that experience may be different than yours since my server was never at the peak of PvE progression, so the insanely geared people didn't start showing up as quickly.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 12:29   Link #187
RWBladewing
Designated Target
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the repair dock for another 5 hours
Age: 30
I apologize for the double post but it's been over a week and this fell off the first page.

Anyway, I am very impressed with the new leveling system implemented in the last patch. Got my warrior from 40 to 51 in a week, playing only 2 or so hours a day. Still have many quests in the lv 40 zones too. I also really like how very few creatures in the old world are actually elite anymore, opens up a lot more quests that were previously undoable because it wasn't possible to get a group. Kinda makes me sad to see King Mukkla, a beastly lv 51 elite that could kill poorly-geared 60s, reduced to a pitiful lv 42 normal mob though.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 05:02   Link #188
Arnaiyus
Golden Justice
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Quebec, Canada
Age: 24
Let's all go kill Iceboars the second we set foot on Northrend shall we? Small gag aside, I can't wait to level up my pally again and I look forward lake Wintergrasp: Outdoor PvP ftw!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8u5bY8Now
Arnaiyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 17:21   Link #189
RWBladewing
Designated Target
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the repair dock for another 5 hours
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaiyus View Post
Let's all go kill Iceboars the second we set foot on Northrend shall we? Small gag aside, I can't wait to level up my pally again and I look forward lake Wintergrasp: Outdoor PvP ftw!
Wow, someone who doesn't hate that pally avatar and actually uses it on another forum, now I've seen everything.

I'm looking forward to leveling in new areas myself but I am NOT looking forward to the huge crowds of people that will be absolutely everywhere, even with 2 lowbie zones. Tagging quest mobs before everyone else was fairly easy as a Hunter when BC came out but now that I'll be playing Warrior and Warlock it's gonna be a huge headache. Maybe I'll wait a month after it comes out to actually start.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 12:11   Link #190
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Wow, someone who doesn't hate that pally avatar and actually uses it on another forum, now I've seen everything.

I'm looking forward to leveling in new areas myself but I am NOT looking forward to the huge crowds of people that will be absolutely everywhere, even with 2 lowbie zones. Tagging quest mobs before everyone else was fairly easy as a Hunter when BC came out but now that I'll be playing Warrior and Warlock it's gonna be a huge headache. Maybe I'll wait a month after it comes out to actually start.
Oh yea, completly, There is going to be a terrible lag, with all the 70s in the new area lvling....It's going to be very terrible. This tells me I need to get up from 512MB of RAM to around 2gig
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 15:58   Link #191
3:16
Excellence Of Execution
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 93100 Montreuil,France
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to 3:16
WoW...the game that welcome the biggest number of no-lifes...

...

To come back to the subject,is there really an interest to create a new expansion when the game is unfinishable?
3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 18:13   Link #192
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
All MMOs are unfinishable. If a MMO had a end... It's not a MMO O.o
Not to be rude, but by that logic no MMO deserves an expantion. They never end.

Moving along... I keep wanting to play this. I don't know why... It's a huge time investment, I rarely find anyone who seems to play by the RP ruleset on a RPPvP server, I get annoyed of level 70s who apparantly have nothing better to do then gank everyone they see (and run as soon as anyone has a remote chance of killing them)... But yet I still want to go back.

Maybe the allure of a Draenei Death Knight.
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 09:33   Link #193
kadenza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
All MMOs are unfinishable. If a MMO had a end... It's not a MMO O.o
Not to be rude, but by that logic no MMO deserves an expantion. They never end.

Moving along... I keep wanting to play this. I don't know why... It's a huge time investment, I rarely find anyone who seems to play by the RP ruleset on a RPPvP server, I get annoyed of level 70s who apparantly have nothing better to do then gank everyone they see (and run as soon as anyone has a remote chance of killing them)... But yet I still want to go back.

Maybe the allure of a Draenei Death Knight.
nope, its cos of the Evercrack game design and business model, these games rely on subscriptions so try to get u addicted as possible, thats y i dont rly consider them games anymore, theyre more of a lifestyle choice imo.
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 15:30   Link #194
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
I don't see unfinishability as a bad thing. And it doesn't mean there can't be a storyline either.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 17:38   Link #195
faustianideals
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I don't see unfinishability as a bad thing. And it doesn't mean there can't be a storyline either.
It's not really a bad thing as long as you don't mind not being able to do the raids as they were meant to be played once the next level cap raising expansion pack comes out. That's one flaw that Blizzard needs to fix.

And no, you're right, it doesn't mean there can't be a storyline.
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 17:58   Link #196
RWBladewing
Designated Target
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the repair dock for another 5 hours
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustianideals View Post
It's not really a bad thing as long as you don't mind not being able to do the raids as they were meant to be played once the next level cap raising expansion pack comes out. That's one flaw that Blizzard needs to fix.

And no, you're right, it doesn't mean there can't be a storyline.
Retuning Naxx for the next expansion is a start, though it's obviously still going to be different because of the 25 man raid size. It is a shame seeing all the 60 instances completely abandoned though. I'd never really want to do them again but they're nostalgic and many never got the chance to see them.

I like the story for WoW, as long as they never claim anything like "And so, the vile Lich King was slain by the mighty Legolazzx, champion of the noble <ur mom sux lol>" as canon.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 18:57   Link #197
faustianideals
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Retuning Naxx for the next expansion is a start, though it's obviously still going to be different because of the 25 man raid size. It is a shame seeing all the 60 instances completely abandoned though. I'd never really want to do them again but they're nostalgic and many never got the chance to see them.
I'm one of those players who will never get to experience the old-world raids, nor will I probably get to do the Burning Crusade raids either. It's very disappointing! That alone makes me want to go to another MMORPG that's just beginning, or at the very least one with a permanent level cap.
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 21:08   Link #198
RWBladewing
Designated Target
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the repair dock for another 5 hours
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustianideals View Post
I'm one of those players who will never get to experience the old-world raids, nor will I probably get to do the Burning Crusade raids either. It's very disappointing! That alone makes me want to go to another MMORPG that's just beginning, or at the very least one with a permanent level cap.
Possibly, but the fact that all old content becomes obsolete can actually help you with raiding in the next expansion. All or most of the gear required for and obtained from raiding in TBC will be outdated and there won't be a huge gap for you to cross. Everyone will be on equal footing and you'll be able to get in from the ground floor as many people did in this expansion (assuming you hit lv 80 in a reasonable amount of time of course).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 00:43   Link #199
Ichihara Asako
Horoist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Possibly, but the fact that all old content becomes obsolete can actually help you with raiding in the next expansion. All or most of the gear required for and obtained from raiding in TBC will be outdated and there won't be a huge gap for you to cross. Everyone will be on equal footing and you'll be able to get in from the ground floor as many people did in this expansion (assuming you hit lv 80 in a reasonable amount of time of course).
That's not really the point.

The main gripe of many people who start late is that they never get to see certain places, because they're made obsolete. It's not a matter of loot, some people just want to see 'famous' places. Speaking of WoW specifically, I certainly think it's a shame that some people haven't seen MC, BWL, AQ and Naxx.

Just last week I was helping a friend's alt with some stuff in EPL, and we decided to go in to strat, and a guildie asked if he could join us; a level 70, highly geared rogue, one of our top raiders... and he'd never been to strat. The concept just shocked me.

But then I got to thinking about past games like EQ, and yeah. Expansions make older content obsolete. BC and WoW was far worse than other games, though. At least with EQ you needed previous gear to be able to progress through raid content in a new expansion, so it kind of forced people who wanted to raid, to go all the way through. BC just wiped out the need for everything outside of the Outlands, so brand new players can just quest/instance through to gear up to raid. Which isn't... bad, exactly.

However it really is a shame that a lot of people miss out on older content. It's all a part of the game world/lore that everybody should experience.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 11:37   Link #200
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Retuning Naxx for the next expansion is a start, though it's obviously still going to be different because of the 25 man raid size. It is a shame seeing all the 60 instances completely abandoned though. I'd never really want to do them again but they're nostalgic and many never got the chance to see them.

I like the story for WoW, as long as they never claim anything like "And so, the vile Lich King was slain by the mighty Legolazzx, champion of the noble <ur mom sux lol>" as canon.
No, it'd be an army of adventurers and some hero(es).

I'm just wondering who the hell has the brass ones to actually go toe to toe with Arthas/Lich King aside from Illidan who may or may not be dead as of TBC.

It seems all the other story characters connected to Arthas are sitting around in their towns. Jaina in Theramore, Sylvanas in the Undercity...
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.