AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-13, 05:25   Link #3201
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Black Arrow is basically meant to replace the "run up and lay traps to proc Lock and Load" strategy. Basically, it's a ranged Immolation Trap (notice how it shares trap cooldowns and whatnot).
I sincerely hopes this works, because Freezing Arrow has been pretty redundant so far. I haven't seen a Hunter use it at all.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 07:21   Link #3202
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I've actually done that, albeit during a Naxx run at Anub. Some of us had been online and waiting for a while, so we'd gone inside to mess around and clean up the trash. Then we were standing in front of Anub, and one of the members said that the last people were booting up their PC's now and should be there in 10 minutes, to which another of our members flared teamspeak and shouted

"We don't have ten minutes! The world is at stake here! CHARGE!"

Then we all charged in and died horribly. But it was fun.
Mine is more like, "It's been a half hour since this raid was supposed to start and these people just agreed to the new attendance policy that was made to prevent this, so where the hell are they?! And will Malygos ever shut up and stop yelling about the fact that we are indeed storming brazenly into his domain, to employ magic, against him? I'm alt-tabbing till we start."

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2009-04-13 at 08:53.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 08:13   Link #3203
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
I thought that was Blizzard's measure of encouraging people to stop wasting time/rock up late. Listen to great big gasbag rant over and over if you slack.

Edit: Of interesting note, the race for fastest Sarth 3D and Patchwerk kills has now seen Sarth 3D done in 59 seconds and Patchwerk done in 97 seconds.

Also, decent loot is finally showing up on the Ulduar/3.1 tables. Managed to plan out all my targets. Now I just need to be patient. I've seen many people regret a rash bid they did when something they wanted far more dropped later in a run only to fall short by the minimum margin. Definitely focusing on specific drops and willing to wait as long as it takes.

Also noticed that Noblegarden is getting some interesting tweaks. Apparently you can get your own Easter Bunny with either 100 Eggs or a lucky proc from an egg. As for the Argent Tournament, it seems it will be a permanent fixture. The five faction pets require 40 marks each while the Hippogryph mount is 200 marks. Also interesting is that players from one side can receive the pets from the other side via a neutral AH, as the pets aren't BoP. However, it seems that you can only get a maximum of 5 marks a day from the dailies. There will also be five tabards you can get. Mmm, might finally be able to get my 25 tabards without it being too much of a grind now.

Seems there will also be a new pet that can be obtained from any of the five new Fishing dailies and that there are random junks that are worth up to 100g, as well as a low chance for Epic Quality gems. Word also has it there is going to be a Fishing mount that is a very low random chance from fishing anywhere in Northrend.

And as was the case with SSC, belts and boots recipes dropping very rarely from Ulduar bosses are going to be craftable. However, this time, the plans and the items themselves are all BoE.
__________________

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-04-13 at 10:54.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 14:56   Link #3204
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Since we'll have to redo our talent points anyway, those that can afford it (or want it) can get duel specs and then do everything.

I'm going to have to do some major glyph changes with the addition of Chaos Bolt and Incenerate Glyphs. Will probably keep the Voidwalker Glyph,though I'm not sure I like the health bonus reduction he's getting. He was just at the point where I like him...able to take hits for a while against a mob or two and able to generate enough threat to keep them busy unless I double crit (or crit big on Chaos Bolt). Do like the extra damage on Chaos Bolt (15% means my crits should get up to about 8,000 now).

Will have to learn how to do Affliction correctly for the second spec. If I don't like it I can try Demo spec. If I don't like that, I'll make something up that I think looks good since I do recall some specs that looked good but I couldn't use because I really wanted (and like) Chaos Bolt. Will need to rethink the Destruction Spec for Chaos Bolt in 3.1 due to changes (the basic what should cause the most damage with the least amount of chaff and still get both Chaos Bolt and the improvements to Fel Armor...assuming they are still intact and worth more than anytihing else in the Talent pool.)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 16:37   Link #3205
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I thought that was Blizzard's measure of encouraging people to stop wasting time/rock up late. Listen to great big gasbag rant over and over if you slack.

Edit: Of interesting note, the race for fastest Sarth 3D and Patchwerk kills has now seen Sarth 3D done in 59 seconds and Patchwerk done in 97 seconds.

Also, decent loot is finally showing up on the Ulduar/3.1 tables. Managed to plan out all my targets. Now I just need to be patient. I've seen many people regret a rash bid they did when something they wanted far more dropped later in a run only to fall short by the minimum margin. Definitely focusing on specific drops and willing to wait as long as it takes.

Also noticed that Noblegarden is getting some interesting tweaks. Apparently you can get your own Easter Bunny with either 100 Eggs or a lucky proc from an egg. As for the Argent Tournament, it seems it will be a permanent fixture. The five faction pets require 40 marks each while the Hippogryph mount is 200 marks. Also interesting is that players from one side can receive the pets from the other side via a neutral AH, as the pets aren't BoP. However, it seems that you can only get a maximum of 5 marks a day from the dailies. There will also be five tabards you can get. Mmm, might finally be able to get my 25 tabards without it being too much of a grind now.

Seems there will also be a new pet that can be obtained from any of the five new Fishing dailies and that there are random junks that are worth up to 100g, as well as a low chance for Epic Quality gems. Word also has it there is going to be a Fishing mount that is a very low random chance from fishing anywhere in Northrend.

And as was the case with SSC, belts and boots recipes dropping very rarely from Ulduar bosses are going to be craftable. However, this time, the plans and the items themselves are all BoE.
honestly the sad part about 3.1 is the fishing, thats the only draw for me, because hard core raiding approximately ends in 1 month, and the only thing I could see myself doing is fishing... and more fishing, I'm thinking i'll probably not reactivate my account and practice sniper till the tf2 update drops, but still I miss being able to play wow but I know if raiding was serious, I'd have no life and probably kill what little time I spend with my real friends between classes and extra curriculars that they would hate me. Ugh wish wow was either strictly bight size with imposing the monthly fee like per hour which would suit me the best because of my current limited play time but unfortunately thats only asia...
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 16:49   Link #3206
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Mine is more like, "It's been a half hour since this raid was supposed to start and these people just agreed to the new attendance policy that was made to prevent this, so where the hell are they?! And will Malygos ever shut up and stop yelling about the fact that we are indeed storming brazenly into his domain, to employ magic, against him? I'm alt-tabbing till we start."
i feel you on the attendence policy. i'd say only about 14 people show up to every 25 man raid day scheduled for my guild. we're lucky if we can even get a full 25 guild run together on our last raiding day of the week since only a few show up. i know my guild is a casual raiding guild who raids 3 days a week for 4 hours each night, but it's ridiculous when people don't show up. it's one of the reasons why we haven't attempted 3D 25 man sarth all that much.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 16:54   Link #3207
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I sincerely hopes this works, because Freezing Arrow has been pretty redundant so far. I haven't seen a Hunter use it at all.
Isn't that just because CC has been rendered useless by the prevalence of AoE tanking?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 19:50   Link #3208
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Isn't that just because CC has been rendered useless by the prevalence of AoE tanking?
Pretty much. Only time I use Polymorph anymore is when Kel MCs someone.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:30   Link #3209
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i feel you on the attendence policy. i'd say only about 14 people show up to every 25 man raid day scheduled for my guild. we're lucky if we can even get a full 25 guild run together on our last raiding day of the week since only a few show up. i know my guild is a casual raiding guild who raids 3 days a week for 4 hours each night, but it's ridiculous when people don't show up. it's one of the reasons why we haven't attempted 3D 25 man sarth all that much.
Sad thing is though, my guild is definitely not casual by any means. People are just lazy and didn't want to help other guildies get their 6 minute achievement because they already had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste
Isn't that just because CC has been rendered useless by the prevalence of AoE tanking?
Not entirely actually. The old Freezing Trap + Distracting Shot is still just better. Freezing Arrow can't be used in combat reliably as it flies in an arc and has the typical trap delay time. Can't be used preemptively as it will cause the other mobs in the group to aggro. Really all you can do is fire the thing near a mob's feet and hope it doesn't go off too soon. Much easier to get the mob you want trapped, when and where you want it trapped, with Freezing Trap + Distracting.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 22:32   Link #3210
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Apparently 3.1 is confirmed for tomorrow. Not entirely unexpected, but it's nice to have it confirmed.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:05   Link #3211
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Sweet. Time to go fishing and Titan hunting.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 02:00   Link #3212
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
Doom to you all

DOOM! I SAY

Well its about time! Really looking forward to Ulduar, but i''m a bit disappointed as well. We hadn't finished S3D 10m yet, and we're so close to. Damn you Easter, damn you interrupting my raiding!

The new wallpaper is sweet. It feeds on your tears.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 06:19   Link #3213
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Good, good. Activity will be up and the changes will take a little getting use to.


So on server first kill of the Old God, the game ends right...world destroyed and all
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 07:25   Link #3214
Ending
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
The five faction pets require 40 marks each while the Hippogryph mount is 200 marks.
250 as far as I know, which is too little when compared to what it took to get during TBC. I kinda hate it becoming one of the common mounts after all those Underbog/Slave Pen/Steam vault runs. >.>

Quote:
honestly the sad part about 3.1 is the fishing, thats the only draw for me, because hard core raiding approximately ends in 1 month, and the only thing I could see myself doing is fishing... and more fishing, I'm thinking i'll probably not reactivate my account
Same. I already got the best gear and the best stuff in the game, so I have pretty much finished everything worth doing. Normally I would continue with PvP, but knowing how bad it's in WoW...
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 07:49   Link #3215
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
I wish they would do something about the epic mount skill price. It was okay back in BC because it was one of the OMG you got one! High End rewards, but now it's more a necessity then a reward, especially in the later levels.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 08:14   Link #3216
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
Epic Flying price is fine. It is ridiculously easy to make gold in WotLK. I started Northrend with 200g and had both epic and cold weather flying by lv 78. Questing and a single gathering profession are more than enough to put you over the top. Sell everything that drops and don't waste money buying crap off the AH. Not to mention the ridiculous number of dailies in game now. It's also definitely not a necessity for leveling as it's very easy to hit 80 without even setting foot in Storm Peaks or Icecrown, and not for raiding either as there's flight paths conveniently located next to every single raid instance.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 08:23   Link #3217
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Yeah, 5k is just a bit much these days, even if you farm. Kills the urge to alt properly beyond hitting the cap.\

@Worldplay: I wonder what that is like. I saw only one TTT in 5 months of raiding and it was reserved. Only one Hood of Rationality and only 3 Vanquisher Helms. Only 2 Dying Curses. Those were what I needed most. And I disagree - there are good upgrades from about halfway through Ulduar on 10 Hard and 25 Normal/Hard for any slot.
__________________

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-04-14 at 08:36.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 13:00   Link #3218
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
250 as far as I know, which is too little when compared to what it took to get during TBC. I kinda hate it becoming one of the common mounts after all those Underbog/Slave Pen/Steam vault runs. >.>
That was the hard part? I got exalted with all those dungeon reps without even trying, but never had the money to buy the mount. And even when I got the money I didn't think it was worth the price. I always thought of the Hippogryph as something like the Shattered Sun title, sort of a "I'm so rich I can throw money away!" perk, rather than something rare and valuable. Same as the Traveler's Mammoth now, although that has an actual use.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:01   Link #3219
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
The bike was a money sink/goal to get me to do things, but it has its uses. No fall damage makes it fun in places like the minefield in the Storm Peaks, and since they fixed it so it doesn't take falling damage at all, I use it to race to the boat in Stormwind (Keep wanting to tag on "Dixie" and a Yeehaw on those jumps over the lion).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:33   Link #3220
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Here's an awkward question right before the patch:

I've recently flared up an old 28ish pally of mine, and I think pallies look at their best with a shield. Now, my question is as follows: Is leveling with a shield/one-hander viable? Or is it a waste of time?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.