AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-08, 11:24   Link #3821
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Both should be capable of exceeding 4k hps once geared. Both are completely different in terms of what they offer, though. Pally healing in raids is mainly spamming Holy Light and getting Intellect and crit rating as high as possible. Heals of around 30k are very realistic, but the main problem will be when it lands. You will get a fair bit of overheal due to Holy Light landing while a tank is full hp, which is inevitable and can't be avoided. I can't speak for which Glyphs are best as I haven't done Holy spec at 80. However, I can say Divine Shield + topping self up, Lay on Hands and bubble hearth are damn hilarious.

I have done Druid healing at 80 so I can speak more about this. Druid healing is all about keeping HoTs up at all times via Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Regrowth and Wild Growth to maximise the power of Nourish on top of using Swiftmend when a tank takes a bigger hit. Don't ever use Healing Touch except via Nature's Swiftness. As for Glyphs, Nourish, Swiftmend and Innervate and the mandatory 3. The one downside will be the lack of big numbers from quick casts. However, the changes to Nourish can overcome this, but they still get nowhere near what Holy Light can do. Swift Form for flying is very handy and can save you if you need to get away instantly rather than wait 1.5 secs to get a mount up. Barskin and Cyclone are also quite handy. And generally, Shapeshifting is cool. Especially since the Druid forms can now be a variety of colours based on the aesthetics of your character. Swift Crow Form is also the best way to do Herbalism.
Old 2009-08-08, 14:04   Link #3822
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Actually pally healing has changed a huge amount with the patch. Sacred Shield + Flash of Light will now put a hot on the target. Also Beacon of Light will now even accept overheals to transfer to the beacon target instead of just the healed amount. Also 30k is a little much, my pally while holy can hit 20k but thats with Avenging Wrath up. I'd honestly say at the moment that Holy Pally is probably the strongest healing spec. Disc and Holy Priests were both slightly nerfed in the patch.
Old 2009-08-09, 02:41   Link #3823
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Interesting thing regarding ToC raid version I found in a blue post...

"Unlocking the bosses pertains only to weekly maintenance. Right now one raid boss is available. Next Tuesday there will be two available, and so on. To unlock Trial of the Grand Crusader, at least one person in the raid has to have cleared Trial of the Crusader. This person can speak to an NPC to unlock Trial of the Grand Crusader and the tribute run."

Sounds very reminiscent of the Sunwell.
Old 2009-08-09, 06:29   Link #3824
Gin
*Artist

Quick slightly OT question/complaint:
Does anyone else feel bad that Blizzard broke WoW by releasing the 2 expansions? Like how the raised lvl caps destroyed low level instances because almost any lvl 80 can run you through ZF or DM not to mention VC-SM when there used to at least be a chance of wiping with a full party plus a 60 in SM.
Old 2009-08-09, 07:27   Link #3825
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Quick slightly OT question/complaint:
Does anyone else feel bad that Blizzard broke WoW by releasing the 2 expansions? Like how the raised lvl caps destroyed low level instances because almost any lvl 80 can run you through ZF or DM not to mention VC-SM when there used to at least be a chance of wiping with a full party plus a 60 in SM.
That's the nature of MMORPGS. If nothing changed there'd be no reason for anyone to keep playing as the whole point is to advance your character. It was also very easy to solo VC, SM, and ZF even at 60. If you were in a full party including a 60 that wiped in SM, well, I really don't know what to say... And if you don't like getting run through instances by 80s, don't. 3 of the 4 instances you listed are still run by a lot of people leveling up alts unless you're on a really backwoods low-pop server. You could also start a reroll group whose main purpose is to run those instances; I have seen this advertised on the official forums numerous times and it always generates a big response. The game is broken in a lot of ways but low-level content is not one of them.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 11:50   Link #3826
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Personally I love zerging people through Sethekk Halls.
Old 2009-08-09, 16:25   Link #3827
Ithekro
Warning

A friend and I like some of the changes. We've been able to go back and do some of the older content we couldn't do because we tend to be loners in questing. Now we can go back and two or three man level 70 content and some of the early Northrend instances and go back and hit those 60 instances we never got a chance to even consider because we were busy leveling since late Patch 2.2
Old 2009-08-09, 17:22   Link #3828
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Personally I love zerging people through Sethekk Halls.
We don't talk about Sethekk Halls no more.

/cue horror music.

I like solo'n MC occasionally. No Bindings yet. Seen a Gnome DK with Thunderfury around the traps occasionally. Be hilarious as a Warrior DW Thunderfury and Sulfuras, just cause.

ZG is pretty soloable I think, more or less, if people want to get mounts.

Quote:
If you were in a full party including a 60 that wiped in SM, well, I really don't know what to say
I've seen it a couple times, but mostly it was back when the end game was pretty much Scholo 10 man, Strath 15 man and UBRS 15 man and the end game gear was the blue sets (Valor, Dreadmist, Devout, etc).
Old 2009-08-09, 22:06   Link #3829
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
We don't talk about Sethekk Halls no more.

/cue horror music.
Anzu is the most sought after mount on my server. So 100% disagree.

Somehow getting fluked Isle of Conquest All-Star just now. Getting a defend cap is hard. Destroyed a vehicle 2 seconds before the match ended. Good to have that one off my list. Mine is going to be freaking annoying, as will Glaive Grave.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:13   Link #3830
FKItachi

Send a message via AIM to FKItachi Send a message via Yahoo to FKItachi
Quote:
Anzu is the most sought after mount on my server. So 100% disagree.

Somehow getting fluked Isle of Conquest All-Star just now. Getting a defend cap is hard. Destroyed a vehicle 2 seconds before the match ended. Good to have that one off my list. Mine is going to be freaking annoying, as will Glaive Grave.

Glaive grave is pretty simple actually, first one I earned, didn't even have to try to get it.
Old 2009-08-11, 03:43   Link #3831
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKItachi View Post
Glaive grave is pretty simple actually, first one I earned, didn't even have to try to get it.
True, I got it 2nd shot. Mine is going to be an utter pain...I should have had it twice this afternoon. The 1st time the offense couldnt be bothered waiting 30 seconds longer and killed Agmar. The 2nd time those defending the workshop let it be ninjaed 4 times which caused offense to lose patience again. W-L count so far in my matches in Conquest is 26-22.

Computer question: As of this new patch, I'm now spending 1/3 of the time on in spikes. My drivers, cpu, ram, video card and software are current except I haven't been able to get Windows 7 yet, still stuck on V64. My connection is ADSL2+ and the company says there's nothing wrong with my connection. I don't have a virus, my CPU isn't overloaded (monitored it for days now). It's getting near unplayable and I can't raid because I'm crashing on fights like Hodir and Vezax. Any ideas?
Old 2009-08-11, 14:19   Link #3832
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Something that will help you with Mine. A shaman in my guild found that as long as you have control of the node, aka it can be switching to the other side but its technically still in your control so you can win with a node or two as long as they haven't switched completely.
Old 2009-08-11, 23:00   Link #3833
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

OK, as a newbie healer, I don't know much, is there addons that will help pallys heal the group better?
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 00:11   Link #3834
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
OK, as a newbie healer, I don't know much, is there addons that will help pallys heal the group better?
There's a new mod that just came out called XS UI that supposedly has around a dozen mods in it, allowing it to fulfull all important functions.

Was listed in WorldofRaids in this post/
Old 2009-08-12, 00:42   Link #3835
qwertyuiopz

i want the old style warcraft back when it was strategy
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 05:04   Link #3836
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

I tried the new BG, I was like, lolwot. Was good fun though. It did seem kinda like the old AV... but more like AV crossed with SotA.

Quote:
Computer question: As of this new patch, I'm now spending 1/3 of the time on in spikes. My drivers, cpu, ram, video card and software are current except I haven't been able to get Windows 7 yet, still stuck on V64. My connection is ADSL2+ and the company says there's nothing wrong with my connection. I don't have a virus, my CPU isn't overloaded (monitored it for days now). It's getting near unplayable and I can't raid because I'm crashing on fights like Hodir and Vezax. Any ideas?
A tip about ISP's: They lie. A lot. Especially about user service issues. However, it might not be a problem with the exchange/line outside your house. It could be something you have like filters or whatever. Are you having issues DL'n anything outside of WoW (while WoW is running and not)? Have they capped you at all?

A couple things it could be, recently like in the last few days/week, there have been some pretty big issues across Aust screwing with the net. For example iiNet's network pretty much keeled over the other night. You could try running without mods for a while, maybe load up a couple at a time and see if it's one of them stuffing you up.
Old 2009-08-12, 08:35   Link #3837
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
There's a new mod that just came out called XS UI that supposedly has around a dozen mods in it, allowing it to fulfull all important functions.

Was listed in WorldofRaids in this post/
it seems to be for dps only....
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 17:04   Link #3838
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

No quite, in the videos by the guy who made the UI he said his main is a Priest and he uses the UI fine. Would probably just take a little getting used to, and you could probably move Grid anyway if you prefer it elsewhere.

I'm interested it trying it out for tanking, since my UI is causing me some fairly big FPS drops atm. 6 FPS on Jaraxxus last night /woooooo. But updated Grid anda couple others and was back to 18 FPS for Yogg (forgot to check for updates before I logged on lol). Still it's a good way shy of my usual 40+.
Old 2009-08-13, 01:09   Link #3839
Xacual
The color of a Hero

So, for the 5th Year anniversary of WoW they are bringing back Onyxia's Lair as a level 80 10/25 man raid with an updated fight and updated loot(they didn't say it would just be her loot updated) and a 310% flyer using her model.

I'll be honest I am ecstatic about this. I really enjoyed Onyxia's Lair back in the day so seeing it come back is awesome.
Old 2009-08-13, 02:41   Link #3840
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacual View Post
so, for the 5th year anniversary of wow they are bringing back onyxia's lair as a level 80 10/25 man raid with an updated fight and updated loot(they didn't say it would just be her loot updated) and a 310% flyer using her model.

I'll be honest i am ecstatic about this. I really enjoyed onyxia's lair back in the day so seeing it come back is awesome.
hell yeah!

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows