AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-01, 02:38   Link #4001
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
PvP gives me Brooklyn Rage...90% of the people on my side are complete morons. Winning - I have forgotten what it was like. Especially in AV....I think I've been in around 30 losses in a row now.
Old 2009-09-01, 06:41   Link #4002
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
How does the BG experience work? Could take my whittle druid in there. Is it a worthwhile alternative over normal questing?
Roughly, you gain about half a quest's worth of exp for each bunker destroyed, a quest's worth for killing the captain or losing the match, 2-3 quests' worth for winning, and 4's worth for actually killing the enemy general instead of winning by reinforcements. This of course could be completely wrong and is just based on my personal experience but it seems to be the case after playing a huge number of games this weekend.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 11:34   Link #4003
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Roughly, you gain about half a quest's worth of exp for each bunker destroyed, a quest's worth for killing the captain or losing the match, 2-3 quests' worth for winning, and 4's worth for actually killing the enemy general instead of winning by reinforcements. This of course could be completely wrong and is just based on my personal experience but it seems to be the case after playing a huge number of games this weekend.
Sounds appealing except for one major problem...not winning...and people wonder why they lose AV when they don't defend what they've capped...

I don't know about you but in the matches I've done, I've seen 1/3-1/2 of my side as early 70s and the Horde being virtually all 80s. Could be just random being random or the trend in my battlegroup. All I know is that if too many people do it, their side loses and it becomes rather inefficient. If it's a quick match, then maybe not a problem. But I've been caught in so many turtle matches lately it's not funny...
Old 2009-09-01, 11:54   Link #4004
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Haha. I just only go into a BG when it's that BG's weekend, it's only during those that people in pug BGs actually work well towards winning.
Old 2009-09-01, 12:15   Link #4005
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Sounds appealing except for one major problem...not winning...and people wonder why they lose AV when they don't defend what they've capped...

I don't know about you but in the matches I've done, I've seen 1/3-1/2 of my side as early 70s and the Horde being virtually all 80s. Could be just random being random or the trend in my battlegroup. All I know is that if too many people do it, their side loses and it becomes rather inefficient. If it's a quick match, then maybe not a problem. But I've been caught in so many turtle matches lately it's not funny...
I'm in your battlegroup as Horde and yeah I win the majority of AVs, but I've been playing in the 51-60 bracket and don't play AV on my 80 at all so I don't know about the trend there. I actually enjoy turtle matches (but not to the point where I'd deliberately piss my entire team off and cap Snowfall) because I PvP to kill other players, not rush to a PvE boss. That's the reason I have been leveling in AV, the experience being good is just extra motivation.
Old 2009-09-01, 14:45   Link #4006
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Battlegrounds leveling is great, except when you're on a losing streak. I'm currently grinding my teeth because of the oh-so-ironic 2:1 horde/alliance balance in BG's that make virtually any BG a disaster to play. I mean, I'm relatively inexperienced in PvP, but even a pro would find it hard to win a Basin with only seven players against a full horde party.
Old 2009-09-01, 15:17   Link #4007
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Sounds like the opposite of what happens when I pvp, in our BG if horde actually starts with a full team we do pretty good. Sadly that doesn't happen that often unless you are playing the new BG or something.
Old 2009-09-01, 15:21   Link #4008
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

What I did for my Warrior was just to keep queueing for AV when I could; if it was going looking to be a lengthy loss, just AFK out and keep questing till deserter wears off.

Though, if you believe Trade Chat, Horde and Alliance both suck at BG, and neither ever win :P
Old 2009-09-01, 16:16   Link #4009
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I hate AFK quitters. 'If I can't win, I'll quit' mentality is something I both sharply dislike and disagree with, as I have played games in the past (and even the rare one currently) where we had a major disadvantage and still managed to snatch victory from the jaws of death. A Warsong Gulch turned from a 0:2 to a 3:2, an Arathi Basin with a huge disadvantage in resource numbers, an Alterac Valley where we made a major push back, I haven't played Eye of Storms or Isle of Conquest enough to experience such a glorious victory with these Battlegrounds, but they'll come eventually.

Bottomline, all you're doing by AFK quitting is make it even harder for your allies to win. That, and you're only helping unbalance the server. Every person who doesn't stick around to help is one more number in the opponents' favor.
Old 2009-09-01, 16:43   Link #4010
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

I dislike quitting a BG, I figure usually staying to the end is better then nothing and having to sit around for 15 minutes. However there are some BG runs where you get idiots of the variety that have absolutely no concept of how to win the BG, have no idea how to assist, can barely play their class beyond auto attack and for some reason mindlessly charge into a meat grinder thus giving lemmings a bad name. Under those circumstances I wish I could reach through the internet tubes to slap them in the face, but to save yourself an ulcer and having to get a new keyboard it is often less stressing to just go somewhere else. Though to cut down on that it's pretty much why I usually only PvP if I'm in a guild group that makes up at least half of the BG group. Although sometimes you can stumble across a good PuG for BG's, and win a good few games.

/anecdote
Funny story, we managed to get an entire raid group of like 25-30 people into AV one night after a Sunwell run, fully raid buffed speed achievement kill was gold. Well, had to be there I guess.
/anecdote
Old 2009-09-01, 17:29   Link #4011
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

You're on Blackrock aren't you? I'm Blackrock Horde and I've probably won 70% of the AVs I did since AV weekend. My Bro plays on Barth Horde which is BG9 as well and said he's hardly won any AVs.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 22:13   Link #4012
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

I'm hearing reports that the AV xp deal has been nerfed.

Yeah, I'm on Blackrock. All I know is the randoms I keep getting grouped with idiots that lose most matches for the following reasons:

AV - They don't put any/enough D on IB/TP
IC - They don't go for the West wall, the other side does
AB - They all go one way and then whinge about getting 5 capped....
Old 2009-09-02, 02:28   Link #4013
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I'm on Bloodlust as well; I don't usually quit 80 BGs, but I don't really hold AV in any such regard. It's just been too long, and gotten so stale.
Old 2009-09-04, 18:57   Link #4014
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
It look like Change Factions option came alot earlier than most ppl would know (I thought it will be after Patch 3.3).
Old 2009-09-04, 19:16   Link #4015
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

I've already made great use of it, saving my defunct former dwarf hunter from having his Immortal title and black protodrake mount wasted by turning him into an orc and moving him to my new server. Gear also looks way better on an orc and it turned my ugly horse into an awesome raptor too. No regrets whatsoever.
Old 2009-09-04, 19:41   Link #4016
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I've already made great use of it, saving my defunct former dwarf hunter from having his Immortal title and black protodrake mount wasted by turning him into an orc and moving him to my new server. Gear also looks way better on an orc and it turned my ugly horse into an awesome raptor too. No regrets whatsoever.
Do you get to keep your titles?
Old 2009-09-04, 20:10   Link #4017
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Yeah, you keep everything and you get your faction equivalent of any faction-specific stuff, e.g. the mount changes and even the leader killing achievement with the black war bear. Only thing that resets is it deletes your questlog and your status with the Argent Tournament, which didn't actually affect me at all as I quit that character before that even came out.
Old 2009-09-06, 00:26   Link #4018
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Well...it finally happened...after over 200 runs...

Spoiler for Faction?! I don't need damn faction to ride this!:
Old 2009-09-06, 04:54   Link #4019
EoT
~~

I just started this game up and got to level 80 again!

I remember back when I used to play there was a website which had guides for class's and what raids/dungeons they had to farm to get certain gear. Is there such a site still?
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 05:32   Link #4020
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

http://www.wow-pro.com/node/599 thats the alliance one, but theres a link to the horde one there too.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows