AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-06, 09:12   Link #4021
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

That's a leveling guide. What you want is http://elitistjerks.com/.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 15:58   Link #4022
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

oh woops, my bad.
Old 2009-09-06, 16:13   Link #4023
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
blah I hate being in guilds. WoW's community has gone down hill last time i played. I rather solo if i didnt have to be in a guild to actually do Raids (without 100 wipes)
Old 2009-09-06, 17:13   Link #4024
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

So we just killed the Northrend Beasts Heroic 25 (nice tuning there), had 3 attempts left, two-shot Jaraxxus and one-shot Faction Champions. What the hell? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Twin Val'kyr decimated us within seconds though since it seems we missed the new element of the hard mode. And Anub'arak should pose quite the challenge, too.

Overall i must say i don't like the colosseum for several reasons:

1. Design. It looks boring.. really.. like someone slapped it together in one hour. Blizzard said something along the lines of "like the Amphitheater of Anguish, but more epic" seems like they weren't talking about the design of it.

2. Bosses are boring. It's only five bosses.. why not make them more interesting? I give them kudos for FC and Twins (Ikaruga style) though since they're really cool.

3. 50 Attempts per Lockout. Personally i don't like this artificial way to raise the difficulty but i guess it is kind of useful since Ulduar's still around.

But the worst of all is the gear it drops. Normal mode is ridiculous, it's easier than Ulduar normal (arguably even easier than Naxx 2.0) but drops better gear than the latters hard modes, which were hard.
This is not all however...

Everyone can beat the normal modes. Be it casuals, "bads" "not-so-bads" or good raids but only the top will beat the hard modes since the jump in difficulty (well... at least for 3 bosses) is rather significant. They will rush through normal but will find themselves unable to progress through the hard modes, effectively seperating the two to either too easy (normal) or too hard (heroic). There is nothing for people in-between which i think is horrible design. Ulduar had a nice progressing ladder from leviathan to yogg-saron since it got harder the further you got inside the instance.

And then there are the sets...
Normal Mode drops tokens for T9+ (i refuse to call it 9.5, 9.3, 9.75 or whatever. It just doesn't make sense) which everyone can get, making T9 somewhat obsolete.
The tokens for T9++ () drop only after you cleared the hard mode (meaning after the last boss, you won't see a single token before that) and even then only depending on how many attempts you have left (enlighten me on this please since I'm not sure).

This leads to everyone having the same (set)gear. While the "not-so-goods" rush through easy mode, we have to struggle to beat the hard modes yet wear the same stuff for quite some time until we have Tribute on farm. BUT EVEN THEN they look exactly the same as us, the only difference being our marginal higher stats.

It may sound elitist but I just can't agree with this.
P.S. I'm so sorry for my english. :/
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 17:33   Link #4025
Xacual

My group did heroic 10 a couple nights ago. We didn't have our best group and I admit we aren't as amazing as some. We took 5 wipes on Beasts, basically all of them to stupid icehowl hitting someone because of how close the damn timing is now on the charge. 1 wipe to Jaraxxus, 10 wipes to Faction Champs(this is where not having our normal group hurt us a lot), 9 wipes to Twins and then we wiped 10 times to Anub. Still have 12ish attempts left I guess to kill him before reset. I enjoyed the hardmodes because in my opinion this was how they should have been at the start, still not as hard as some ulduar 10 hardmodes but pretty hard, especially Anub.

Edit: My guild tried heroic 25, we wiped about 15 times to Beasts, got the first one down pretty good but it was worms that was messing us up. I think we had a couple times where we got them to about 60% but we just kept having too many people get hit by debuffs or people standing in front of the mobile worm and getting breathed on.
Old 2009-09-06, 17:47   Link #4026
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

We were having difficulty with the Twins, which is probably due to our healer setup of Paladin and Shaman so far in HM CC and the amount of raid damage flying around and people spreading out makes healers a sad panda. That and our DPS can't quite seem to get to through the shield in time, they did it a couple times but... yeah.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:11   Link #4027
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

sums up my feeling for going to town everytime right now
Spoiler for .:
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 02:42   Link #4028
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
My guild had 2 10s finish toc 10 on heroic. But admittedly they had easy faction champs lineups, mainly cloth. My group copped every plate class and we just couldnt do a thing....Warrior + DK + Pally...Virtually permanently immune to CC and getting in everyones face constantly. One group finished with 41 attempts left and got the caster sword from H anub, so they were very pleased. Normal Toc for either 10 or 25 is very soft. H is all that is going to matter in terms of guild rankings. However, normal is lovely free epics. Won't deny that.

@Xacual: Yeah, the worms are EVIL on hard mode....
Old 2009-09-07, 12:13   Link #4029
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
sums up my feeling for going to town everytime right now
Spoiler for .:
Hahahhaha XD Omg thats the best comic i've seen. I want that mount so i can run around searching for chines farmers and just put them on follow to scare them XD
Old 2009-09-07, 14:27   Link #4030
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hahahhaha XD Omg thats the best comic i've seen. I want that mount so i can run around searching for chines farmers and just put them on follow to scare them XD
dude, not all gold farmers are Chinese or all Chinese on WoW are gold farmers.
Calling Chinese using the "C" word is like calling a Black person using the "N" word, not cool.
Also we all know hiring someone in India or southern Asia to farm gold is much cheaper than hiring a farmer in China, most operations been moved to those part of the Asia for the past years. That's why it said "Asian" gold farmers.

Yes we all hate gold farmers, no doubt about it, but being racists is another thing and it's even more wrong.

FYI, most Chinese and Asian players I know are respectable people that do great things in the WoW community.

Last edited by gummybear; 2009-09-07 at 14:38.
Old 2009-09-07, 21:01   Link #4031
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

/random

Are Russians that live on the east coast considered Asian? Due to the fact that Russia covers both Asia and Europe it seems like a peculiar situation. It's only on the very edge of Europe as well if my memory of geography isn't completely off.
Old 2009-09-07, 22:04   Link #4032
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
/random

Are Russians that live on the east coast considered Asian? Due to the fact that Russia covers both Asia and Europe it seems like a peculiar situation. It's only on the very edge of Europe as well if my memory of geography isn't completely off.
Russia as a whole consider to belong to Asia, or at least what I remember from the Geo class back in grade 8 :P
Old 2009-09-07, 22:08   Link #4033
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming

On a technical level Russia is in both continents. The majority of the land mass is in Asia, but the majority of the actual Russians are in Europe, since that is were the major population centers are.

Russians as an ethnic group are considered European generally.
Old 2009-09-07, 23:32   Link #4034
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Russians as an ethnic group are considered European generally.
Not over here they aren't. We treat Russia as Russia.
Old 2009-09-08, 00:00   Link #4035
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming

When there are only seven continents to choose from, one generally gets classified under one or another based on point of origin. Since Russians as a culture would typically be classified as from the extended empire building from the Moscow area over several hundered years, and that area is west of the Ural Mountains (the dividing line through most of Russia between Asia and Europe), they are considered European, historically speaking.
Old 2009-09-08, 00:37   Link #4036
Big Daddy

Just got hacked >_>. Someone hacked it and merged it into a battle.net account, and i can't get it back until tomorrow when the customer service line opens.

My character is

Name: Hasan
Server: Ysera
Class: Priest
Race: Undead
Spec: Disc
Gear: 4250 GS.

Hope they don't strip my guy of everything >_<. Just when i started raiding too.

So far i've done

Uld 10 (Got to XT, but then everyone went afk and the raid went sour)

Naxx 25 (Full Clear)

Naxx 10 (Full Clear)

OS 10/25 (Full Clear)

Hoping to do a ToC with my guild sooner or later, heard its super challenging which will be more fun then what i've been doing recently.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 08:51   Link #4037
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Sorry to hear you got hacked, I've been there. Hopefully the GMs are understanding and get onto it ASAP.

I like that the Furious 5 piece set is available via Triumph emblems. Might finally bother to step into the arena.

PS. Westlo, sorry for killing you in WG last night. -_-
Old 2009-09-08, 09:01   Link #4038
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
PS. Westlo, sorry for killing you in WG last night. -_-
Was that the one where we broke through in the last minute? Raid and general chat was hilarious. How easy is it to get into WG alliance side anyway? I think I've gotten in 6 times out of 14 and every single time I've been in WG as the queue starts and stayed in the zone

Kind of regret buying the WG boots now.. should've saved up for the legs and new trinkets since they will last this season. And lol the day after I buy Deadly Glad gloves with honor I get the Tier 9 gloves of 25Man VOA.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 21:09   Link #4039
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Was that the one where we broke through in the last minute? Raid and general chat was hilarious. How easy is it to get into WG alliance side anyway? I think I've gotten in 6 times out of 14 and every single time I've been in WG as the queue starts and stayed in the zone

Kind of regret buying the WG boots now.. should've saved up for the legs and new trinkets since they will last this season. And lol the day after I buy Deadly Glad gloves with honor I get the Tier 9 gloves of 25Man VOA.
Yeah. The irony was the next two i went to, I did a last minute push that resulted in wins with 15 seconds to go. ^^ Everyone went from emo to wtf.
Old 2009-09-09, 04:26   Link #4040
Ending

Quote:
I hate AFK quitters. 'If I can't win, I'll quit' mentality is something I both sharply dislike and disagree with, as I have played games in the past (and even the rare one currently) where we had a major disadvantage and still managed to snatch victory from the jaws of death.
I have exactly the opposite view: if you can't win and face an inevitable defeat, you should gather your stuff and take the door. After all, isn't it what everyone is saying? "If you don't like it, why don't you just leave?"

It's a good advice, since otherwise all you end up being is a funny target dummy for the victor. You know: something fun to punch and everyone enjoys punching a defenseless target, no? Especially when it rewards faster upgrades.

It's a different thing when it's organized, of course. With organization you can actually plan for a comeback, but with randoms... Not going to happen.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows