AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-09, 04:57   Link #4041
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming

I don't do BG much, but I tend to take the view of "going down kicking and screaming" in most losing situations. Or at least cause some chaos if that is the only route open. Just leaving is an option, but not in this game. I only take the leaving option in a game when it comes by way of my own destuction and thus I'm out of the game at that point. If that way will not get you out of the game, then you fight on, and take as many of them out as you can. Orginized or no...one more dead enemy is a dead enemy...even if he's just going to come back in 25 seconds.
Old 2009-09-09, 05:05   Link #4042
EoT
~~

I did some raiding today. I did Vault of Archavon 25 man and it was quite fun even though I was literally no more than a tag along:P my threat didn't get higher than 20.

Unfortunately I didn't win anything either!
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 05:31   Link #4043
hunterXD
Dragonica

Will they increase a new area?
__________________________________________________ _____________________
BTW, Do not fear the man in front of you, while you should fear the one behind you. This sentence is really correct!
hunterXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 09:21   Link #4044
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Vault of Archavon is my favorite thing in WoW aside from ganking lowbies and hearing the male gnome and night elf death sounds. Seeing just how utterly terrible people are is some of the highest-quality entertainment to be found in the game. Highlights of the last one I ran include:

1. A mage doing 800 dps. EIGHT HUNDRED.
2. A priest in full epics being outhealed by a shaman in greens and a ret paladin who wasn't even healing.
3. A paladin who managed to die to Koralon's fire, Emalon's lightning nova, and even Archavon's cloud. And when called on it, he thought it was funny.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 09:23   Link #4045
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Vault of Archavon is my favorite thing in WoW aside from ganking lowbies and hearing the male gnome and night elf death sounds. Seeing just how utterly terrible people are is some of the highest-quality entertainment to be found in the game. Highlights of the last one I ran include:

1. A mage doing 800 dps. EIGHT HUNDRED.
2. A priest in full epics being outhealed by a shaman in greens and a ret paladin who wasn't even healing.
3. A paladin who managed to die to Koralon's fire, Emalon's lightning nova, and even Archavon's cloud. And when called on it, he thought it was funny.
All my gear is blue but my dps is only 1300 :P

I love ganking low levels too
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 09:37   Link #4046
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post

Helpful suggestion, you should really go to that site I linked on the previous page and take a look around their forum for your class. 1300 dps is really low for lv 80 and they have tons of spreadsheets and forum posts that tell you what gear, spec, and ability rotations will help you improve that and play your class to its full potential.

Good to see another who appreciates the fine art of the gank though.
Old 2009-09-09, 10:27   Link #4047
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Well, I just pulled off the funniest Wintergrasp win ever. With 5 seconds left in the match, I managed to somehow get my Siege Tank into the relic chamber intact...I think some of those people creamed themselves with how ecstatic they were. XD Third match in a row I've been to where my last minute siege tank push has resulted in a victory.

I find it amusing how I have to tell so many randoms how they're standing in the fire during Koralon:

Random - We can't see the fire!
Me - You know the little red box with the icon for Primal Fire that appears on your debuff bar?
Random - Yes...
Me - THAT means you're standing in fire!
Random - Really?

You would think that most players would have the common sense to look at their health and debuff bars during a fight. Apparently not. Common sense eludes most people. -_-
Old 2009-09-09, 11:44   Link #4048
Xacual

I always question that about some people. I mean can't they see that annoying debuff htat just appeared? I mean as a tank with all you have to watch usually you might miss it, but for a dps?
Old 2009-09-09, 12:11   Link #4049
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
I have exactly the opposite view: if you can't win and face an inevitable defeat,
This is my point: It's not inevitable defeat. I've had Gulches in which we brought a 0:2 to victory, even lately I had one where we were 0:2 behind, the horde had the flag and was almost at the tunnel. You would call this 'inevitable defeat' but a timely placed rogue was able to sap the flag carrier, and we pounded him. Retrieved the flag, got our stuff together, and won.

No guild, no friends, just a bunch of randoms. But we won, because we didn't give up and fought to the very last.
Old 2009-09-09, 14:30   Link #4050
Ending

Quote:
Orginized or no...one more dead enemy is a dead enemy...even if he's just going to come back in 25 seconds.
Grinding achieves nothing, so staying would be foolish. Going down screaming might have some glory in real life, but WoW is just a video game where you only die to amuse someone else.

Quote:
Which means he was standing around, doing nothing, most of the time. Seen a few of those. They are called "leeches." Or then the guy had just purchased his new priest and was figuring things out. Kinda considering selling my priest at the moment.

Quote:
No guild, no friends, just a bunch of randoms. But we won, because we didn't give up and fought to the very last.
Rare exception and so what? It's just one game out of hundred. With the same amount of time you could had done half of a new round, which means more points. Winning or losing one round means nothing.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 14:41   Link #4051
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Rare exception and so what? It's just one game out of hundred. With the same amount of time you could had done half of a new round, which means more points. Winning or losing one round means nothing.
It was the most amazing feeling ever, and that makes it more than worth it. Once you start to play these games for the points instead of the fun... I can't help but wonder why on earth you're playing at all.
Old 2009-09-09, 14:47   Link #4052
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Judgment of Light is pretty overpowered in some situations, honestly. They had to nerf it because on some fights (ones with consistent and constant raid damage) Ret paladins were contributing the most healing overall and were basically better than other healers in every way. Even post-nerf it's pretty significant.

Well, the priest was obviously doing nothing though. I don't blame him though, VoA is boring. I'm always tempted to put someone on follow and go afk.

Quote:
Have things changed since I last BG'd and there no longer a Deserter debuff? You can't start another game very soon at all. And, if you're right and winning or losing means nothing, what motivation do you have to quit in the first place? You get point for killing things and scoring, so why should you quit when it looks like you're going to lose?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 14:47   Link #4053
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:

Which means he was standing around, doing nothing, most of the time. Seen a few of those. They are called "leeches." Or then the guy had just purchased his new priest and was figuring things out. Kinda considering selling my priest at the moment.
Nah, it was an unguilded female BE with a cutesy-sounding name so my conclusion is that it was one of the dreaded "princess" types and just a completely terrible player in general.

Quote:
I'm kind of in the middle on this argument. I tend to stick around in losing situations just so I can get my mark and queue again without having to wait 15 minutes. Except for situations where the loss could possibly take longer than said 15 minutes. I definitely stop trying though. There's only so many times you can be down 4 bases to 0 in EotS with half your team standing in the middle waiting for the flag that the other team won't even bother to cap before you just say "screw it". I typically take that opportunity to just hunt down and kill people who annoyed me or just break out the Brewfest Pony Keg and start dancing. I hate to lose even a round; I'm highly competitive in general and never give up on anything I am doing by myself, but there's just no point in trying to motivate a bunch of retards that are completely hopeless causes.
Old 2009-09-11, 01:24   Link #4054
Ending

Quote:
It was the most amazing feeling ever, and that makes it more than worth it. Once you start to play these games for the points instead of the fun... I can't help but wonder why on earth you're playing at all.
It's fun to win, not so much to lose (due to reasons said before). Winning means you earn points from kills and objectives, which means that you get better gear. If you are winning, you also have a high chance of getting achievements done.

When the round has been lost you stop earning, effectively making the round a waste of time. If some feel like they do not need to achieve anything, sure, it might be fun to stick around. I'm too goal-oriented for that.

Quote:
I tend to stick around in losing situations just so I can get my mark and queue again without having to wait 15 minutes. Except for situations where the loss could possibly take longer than said 15 minutes. I definitely stop trying though.
Pretty much the same. Whichever is a faster way to get on with it, but I usually also step aside and shadowmeld so the opposing team can't get any kill-points from me. Let's me browse the web while waiting, too.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 10:21   Link #4055
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

On this epic PvP struglle, I had such an encounter last night. WSG, both sides kept killing flagcarriers just before they could turn in or got the other side's just in time to prevent it. Then with 7 mins to go, someone manages to get the crucial hit on my side to get the other side's carrier down, turn in at last. I quickly go get the flag and turn it in to ensure victory. It was frustrating to get to that point, but the feeling once there was darn nice.

On the flipside, a bunch of idiots I was grouped with in an AB match lost 1600-1590. Seeing the other side all get 'We Always Had It *cough*' was so painful...due to 12 of my side being in the one place at the one time all match....
Old 2009-09-14, 22:20   Link #4056
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

woot my pally hit 80, my played time is 6 days
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 03:51   Link #4057
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming

144 hours I assume rather than just six days you logged on.
Old 2009-09-15, 11:25   Link #4058
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post

I love ganking people like you :P

in Vault I DPS the most in my old guild me and a Ret Pally fought over who did the most XD we were always so close to each otheres DPS. either off by a little or tied.
Old 2009-09-22, 21:51   Link #4059
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Man, I am SO glad I staued up waiting for maintenance to finish! ONYXIA IS BACK! ^^ Managed to do a 10 player raid and 1 shot her. Lovely loot quality. Still a classic fight. And also glad I stayed up because now I cant even log my characters on and it seems most people can't.
Old 2009-09-22, 22:14   Link #4060
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Forget logging in, I can't even log out. At least alt f4 still works. Oh and I can't put gems in my gear either. It just outright doesn't work. I close the window and the gem is still just sitting in my bag. Gotta love patch day.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows