AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-19, 16:17   Link #5781
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Nah Hooves that is completely wrong. There is no benefit to speccing into Holy as Prot. I'm assuming you have never playing protection or tried it? Anyway my current looking spec is something like...

http://wowtal.com/#k=fY9kJMiBr.a0o.paladin
Hmm I never noticed the change in Vindication, I thought it was still the standard pvp talent for Paladins. Also wouldnt you get "Hallowed Ground" for AoE purposes?
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 16:32   Link #5782
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Hmm I never noticed the change in Vindication, I thought it was still the standard pvp talent for Paladins. Also wouldnt you get "Hallowed Ground" for AoE purposes?
Vindication was changed to be almost mandatory for prot to get since 3.2? I forget what patch made it an atk power debuff. Judgement of the Just is also required for the enemy slow. A lot of the stuff is just experience knowing the tree and what kind of talents offer the bigger benefits. Holy just doesn't offer anything of value, though there were times during Wrath where speccing for aura mastery was considered ok for the silence immunity it gave to raid.

Honestly speaking they said they aoe pulls aren't going to be as often and more stuff will be single target + CC'd so I'd rather my boss threat be the best it could be and skip a skill that will only be used when lots of mobs are around.
Old 2010-09-19, 16:39   Link #5783
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Honestly speaking they said they aoe pulls aren't going to be as often and more stuff will be single target + CC'd so I'd rather my boss threat be the best it could be and skip a skill that will only be used when lots of mobs are around.
But there are some pulls like in the Throne of Tides where there are alot of Murlocs coming at you, you could use "Hallowed Ground" to keep the threat on those murderous murlocs.
Old 2010-09-19, 16:51   Link #5784
Ithekro
Warning

Still looks like a lot of group packs, but not the kind you ca aoe down since there will be several "must kill now or CC now, kill later" mobs in with partial aoe packs. And since there will be CC involved, aoe gets tricky (especially with Seed) Especially one should note the packs in Grim Batol and Stonecore. Very interesting trash (more interesting than the bosses in the Stonecore it seems) and stuff you have to CC or focus fire down or you will die.
Old 2010-09-19, 16:56   Link #5785
Xacual
The color of a Hero

With how badly nerfed aoe damage is all around, I don't think 40% more consecrate damage would matter and I can use those points in better places.
Old 2010-09-19, 17:22   Link #5786
Ithekro
Warning

Just as long as the tank can hold them under my and the other dps' fire "Things will be a happy".
Old 2010-09-19, 17:29   Link #5787
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Yes, that is correct. Those have been implemented on Beta.

A word of warning - A pre-download for 4.0 is now available. However, it will only be triggered if you have used the launcher. 4GB in size. I suggest downloading it ASAP before the rush begins or getting caught out on Day 1 of Cata live.

Still trying to get my Beta back up - now on a 20GB patch.....
Old 2010-09-19, 17:47   Link #5788
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Yes, that is correct. Those have been implemented on Beta.

A word of warning - A pre-download for 4.0 is now available. However, it will only be triggered if you have used the launcher. 4GB in size. I suggest downloading it ASAP before the rush begins or getting caught out on Day 1 of Cata live.

Still trying to get my Beta back up - now on a 20GB patch.....
wow.... I'm going to go through some looooong time downloading if the pre-download is only 4.0GB
Old 2010-09-19, 17:59   Link #5789
Ithekro
Warning

Dial up....not viable.
DSL, managable.
Download, in near future.
Old 2010-09-19, 22:51   Link #5790
Clarste
Human

Quote:
wow.... I'm going to go through some looooong time downloading if the pre-download is only 4.0GB
The pre-download is just for 4.0 and not the entirety of Cataclysm. I think 4 gigs will be all of of it. The PTR requires us to download the entire client every single time, presumably to test the new streaming thing, so I wouldn't expect that to be the size of the actual patch.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 22:52   Link #5791
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The pre-download is just for 4.0 and not the entirety of Cataclysm. I think 4 gigs will be all of of it. The PTR requires us to download the entire client every single time, presumably to test the new streaming thing, so I wouldn't expect that to be the size of the actual patch.
But still.... If Cataclysm is really 20 GB... I would suffer a loong time downloading it
Old 2010-09-19, 23:06   Link #5792
Clarste
Human

You could buy Cataclysm though. In a box.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 23:14   Link #5793
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
You could buy Cataclysm though. In a box.
I mean if I ever consider getting on the PTR servers, dont you guys have to download it from the launcher that way?
Old 2010-09-19, 23:36   Link #5794
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Question, have they changed anything about armor appearances? like instead of just of Reskinning chest peices and legs.
Old 2010-09-20, 00:25   Link #5795
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Question, have they changed anything about armor appearances? like instead of just of Reskinning chest peices and legs.
I hope they do... I really dint like what Wotlk did with the Tier Armor... There was no creativity in it..
Old 2010-09-20, 01:06   Link #5796
Ithekro
Warning

I know they have made it so that armor from specific questing areas will match so you look less like a man (or woman) in mismatched rags while leveling in the revamped 1-60 zones and in the new 80-85 zones. As for tier armor...I believe T11 is all new as oppose to a recolor of another older set. You will still look weird questing in Outland. (That was the only place where I was running around before Wrath I had pants and a shirt looking outfit rather than a robe or dress a typical warlock has. I looked more like a warrior from Aboria in Flash Gordon than a warlock. Green vest with short sleeves and an open chest with green pants and one of those BoE skull topped staves you can get in Kara.)
Old 2010-09-20, 02:40   Link #5797
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Oh I remember the gear they gave us in 1-20... I looked like some cave-man while I was an orc that it was hysterically killing me I felt embarrassed running around towns with it. Till I get the more covering mail at level 30 (Green set) then everything was fine .

During Pre-BC raiding, the tier gear was unique. It was especially fun to raid in blues and greens , no stress in what your gear is those days

Then BC came in, raiding was good and all, and the gear looked decent (except the Paladin T5.... Purple Power Rangers activate!!) But I liked the Sunwell Sets more. Especially the 2h sword that drops off Kil'Jaeden with 3 red slots (oh was noxious wielding that bad boy...)

Then Wotlk.. Was good except raiding Naxxramas again, but everything else was enjoyable . But then later on... I noticed the gears look the same... I was like eh.. But then it continued and it was awkward
Old 2010-09-20, 03:01   Link #5798
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Which gear sets looked the same in WotLK other than t9? T8 and T10 were both unique, though T7 was just an updated, slightly better looking T3. If you mention the non set gear using the same looks at the tier set then I'll have to point out that that's been done since Vanilla.
Old 2010-09-20, 12:22   Link #5799
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Which gear sets looked the same in WotLK other than t9? T8 and T10 were both unique, though T7 was just an updated, slightly better looking T3. If you mention the non set gear using the same looks at the tier set then I'll have to point out that that's been done since Vanilla.
Well I meant they used the same model set, but just in different tier form for each class. Like at a certain set, the Warrior's and Death Knight's have the exact same Tier look. But just different colors
Old 2010-09-20, 15:59   Link #5800
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Well I meant they used the same model set, but just in different tier form for each class. Like at a certain set, the Warrior's and Death Knight's have the exact same Tier look. But just different colors
Yea that was tier 9, they were extra lazy for whatever reason with it, aside from tier 9 most of the sets do look unique for each class.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows