AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-27, 21:56   Link #5861
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Alright, let me clear up something...

The instances, for the majority, are not that nightmarish. This is my estimated average on my experiences once all 5 people know what they're doing:

Blackrock Caverns - 15-25mins
Throne of the Tides - 25-30mins
Lost City of Tolvir - 25-40mins
Vortex Pinnacle - 30-40mins
Grim Batol - 25-35mins
Halls of Origination - 30-45mins
The Stonecore - 45mins-1hour

The Stonecore is the one that is a major problem. It's slated as an instance for 81+ but it's the most demanding by far....

There are a lot of things that need to be ironed out. Heroic Modes have only just become available - they will need to be fine tuned. There are a LOT of complaints about Heroic Stonecore. They may even want to have raids like Bastion of Twilight and Throne of the Four Winds tested as well. Battle for Gilneas is having major issues. Tol Barad only just started testing. Archaeology has major bugs. Some zones have random bugs.

November 2 was always tenative. I was never believing it.
Old 2010-09-27, 22:16   Link #5862
Ithekro
Warning

And how often does a lfg pug know what they are doing?

Most of the time, after about a month or two you'll have 75% of the time a good or at least viable pug group cross server if you don't have any of your own guild members with you. 90% if you use at least two guildies (especially if you bring your own tank or healer). But the remaining 25% of the time you will fail if the videos I've seen indicate how awake you need to be to run heroics in CATA. No sleeping and certainly no bored healers.

Biggest complainers I get in heroics is the healer bouncing around saying he's bored (unless the tank sucks, then there is more complaining and leaving happening). Unless Blizzard does some other major change to healing, there will be no more bored healers in heroics.
Old 2010-09-27, 22:51   Link #5863
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Biggest complainers I get in heroics is the healer bouncing around saying he's bored (unless the tank sucks, then there is more complaining and leaving happening). Unless Blizzard does some other major change to healing, there will be no more bored healers in heroics.
Though if things stay bad (from what I hear), it's likely that there won't be nearly as many healers left anyway. Not even counting the removal of the horribad healers who would go away anyway.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 18:20   Link #5864
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
True... Healers would go away, and eventually there will be no more healers to run pugs with
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 18:49   Link #5865
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
True... Healers would go away, and eventually there will be no more healers to run pugs with
That would just mean you'd see healers selling queues instead of tanks , at least on servers like mine where tanks sell queues commonly in trade chat[like 15~30 g a run].
Old 2010-09-28, 18:54   Link #5866
Ithekro
Warning

Just means the wait in lfg for dps will be longer. Since the heroics are longer to start with it shouldn't effect things more than the length of the heroics. You would be waiting 30 minutes for a tank anyway, so waiting on a healer should be roughly the same since it is currently tanks you generally have you waiting. (At present: queue up with a tank, nearly instant instance Maybe a two minute wait at the most. Queue up with a healer, four-eight minute wait. Queue up with all dps...ten to fifteen minute wait or longer.)
Old 2010-09-28, 19:32   Link #5867
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

I thought I'd better reply to a comment Ithekro made about healers in LK.

They won't have time to be bored in Cata.
They won't have time to blink.
In fact...you should be worried about how many healers permanently quit because they just won't be able to hack it in Cata.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:39   Link #5868
Ithekro
Warning

Least I will not have to hear bored healers complain anymore...has lead me to use the line "I'd rather have a bored healer than be dead" line fairly often these last ten months or so.

We'll see how many quit, or how many will stay because of the challenge.

Also it looks like it is Welcome to the Deadmine Heroics from various beta testers.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:53   Link #5869
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I thought I'd better reply to a comment Ithekro made about healers in LK.

They won't have time to be bored in Cata.
They won't have time to blink.
In fact...you should be worried about how many healers permanently quit because they just won't be able to hack it in Cata.
Well atleast the tanks, healers, and dps wont be dissapointed/bored in the dungeons... Now its the case of raids being nightmarish I'm worried about
Old 2010-09-29, 23:01   Link #5870
Ithekro
Warning

Not seen any raids yet in CATA. But seeing how busy some Heroics are....well I'm not too sure the raid group I'm with will be handling it all that well...at first. They managed to get Sindragosa at some point while I was away, and supposely have attempted the Lich King once. I've yet to be with them on any Blood Wing kills (just a few late evening Blood Council wipes...I even manage to pick up a micro for an extented view for the next time I do that fight so I can see the battle for once and not be confused and last trying to find the disco balls or the active boss behind 9 raid members, two inactive bosses, pets, and a half dozen blobs floating around.) Done all the other bosses in ICC aside from Sindi to kill (always wipe on Phase Three), and the Lich King.
Old 2010-09-29, 23:08   Link #5871
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

My previous guild only got Plague/Blood/First wings down. Also a Dreamwalker save, we were working on Sindragosa, but always got to Phase 3 before wiping. Sometimes the guildies just don't know what to do, and when they freeze up, they freeze up everyone else leading to a wipe on our half. The repair bill.... Dont ask

But I left that guild because they were not how they used to be when I joined. Dont know, they just seemed a little more stricter because of all the Sindragosa wipes. But if I did stay in that guild.... Cataclysm would be horrible for my repair bills..
Old 2010-09-29, 23:17   Link #5872
Ithekro
Warning

My own guild started its own first true guild raid ths week. Well the five of us, one from the guild we normally run with in ICC and two people we found in tr trade to run Naxx for the 8 or less achievement...also to gear up our fifth member's death knight so that he can run with us with the other guild in ICC or in Bastion of Twilight once we all get to level 85 post CATA Heroics.
Old 2010-09-29, 23:20   Link #5873
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
My own guild started its own first true guild raid ths week. Well the five of us, one from the guild we normally run with in ICC and two people we found in tr trade to run Naxx for the 8 or less achievement...also to gear up our fifth member's death knight so that he can run with us with the other guild in ICC or in Bastion of Twilight once we all get to level 85 post CATA Heroics.
So you usually pug to fill in the spots that guildies are offline to fill in? Just thought that when you said "true guild raid"

Also I have a question..... Is it possible to be 4.9k gs Retribution Paladin, fully buffed with spells, 30% ICC buff, everything about his gear/talent are fine, the boss being Festergut.... Is it possible for him to be able to do only 3-5k damage? I just cannot see that possible....
Old 2010-09-29, 23:32   Link #5874
Ithekro
Warning

When your guild has only five active members...true guild raid is when everyone is present. The plan had been to have three from the guild we raid ICC with (they have way more members than we do), but only one of them was online, so we had to pug for the two slots...and we had a lot of DC problems that night. Finished the Arachnid Quarter, and the Construct Quarter to Thaddius when we stopped. We had to switch out a healer for a melee dps due to one DCing out. That one DCed out on Thaddius. Two of our own guild were having computer issues as well...so it took us a while (the healer was replaced by one of our paladin tanks going to holy, and one of our DKs going to tank when we needed an offtank). Basically the group was two Paladins, three Death Knights, a Shaman, a Mage, and a Warlock. We had a Priest originally, but he dropped after the first boss (not the weekly...though it was the previous week's weekly) was replaced by a DK. I know at least five of us are ICC10 geared with pieces of ICC25 gear for some.

As for the paladin question....I don't know. I've not played one, and our paladin is only Holy or Protection now. He hasn't been Ret in over nine months I think.
Old 2010-09-30, 00:44   Link #5875
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

2 VERY BIG reasons you shuld be doing Archaeology!

And I ain't tagging these because you guys need to see them. Found them both yesterday.

The big deal is - Uldum/Twilight Highlands Greens are ilvl 312.
Their blues are 325.
Normal mode blues are 33.
Heroic mode blues are 346.
Justice point rewards are 346.
These weapons are 359 - RAID QUALITY!

I.e Free raid weapon just for digging! How much easier can it get?!
Old 2010-09-30, 01:23   Link #5876
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
You forgot that they're account bound, you can give them to alts if need be. Extra awesome.
Old 2010-09-30, 01:41   Link #5877
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You forgot that they're account bound, you can give them to alts if need be. Extra awesome.
It's kind of obvious from the screenie - I felt no need to say that. Any blue post Blizzard has done or MMO/WorldofRaids has done has stated over and over that they're BoA. Felt it was already common knowledge.

There are some frustrating things still though - Night Elf section has a major bug. Highborne Soul Mirror rare cant be turned in and I've been stuck with it since early on. That really hampered levelling the skill, as Night Elf is easily the most found type. Outlands stuff isn't active for turn-ins so I havent gone to Outland ones. And Vrykul/Tol'vir isn't either, so I haven't bothered with Northrend, nor can I turn in my megapile of Tol'vir fragments. Hope they fix it soon.
Old 2010-09-30, 01:52   Link #5878
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It's kind of obvious from the screenie - I felt no need to say that. Any blue post Blizzard has done or MMO/WorldofRaids has done has stated over and over that they're BoA. Felt it was already common knowledge.
Eh? I was just more concerned that you didn't mention it because the BoA-ness means alot in terms of advantages. For people with only a few alts, this basically means you only ever need to level up Archaeology on one or two characters. Meaning less effort for high quality weapons.
Old 2010-09-30, 01:56   Link #5879
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Also I have a question..... Is it possible to be 4.9k gs Retribution Paladin, fully buffed with spells, 30% ICC buff, everything about his gear/talent are fine, the boss being Festergut.... Is it possible for him to be able to do only 3-5k damage? I just cannot see that possible....
If everything about his gear/talents is indeed fine, and his weapon isn't Titansteel Destroyer, he should be doing way more. With the 30% buff i would bet money on my DK being able to auto attack for those 3k. Either he is playing with 1k latency, or .... well, i can't come up with a second plausible cause It can hardly be not knowing his rotation, because Ret has such a simple system it is almost impossible to do anything wrong with it, even if you actively tried to (minus not attacking at all). You have 5 attacks that have zero interactivity between them - as long as you are actually using one of them when available, you are already almost there. There is priority in which you use the strikes if several are up at once, but not following said priority is a very minimal DPS loss, so long as you actually are using those abilities in some order.

If my memory serves me, the priority list should be Judgment > Crusader Strike > Divine storm > Hammer of Wrath (if available) > Consecration > Exorcism (with art of war proc). If he has 2piece T10 bonus, Divine Storm should be used whenever available. The priority list looks a bit different on lower gear level, but he should be more or less at the point where he should use the above. And again, that is for optimal DPS - not following it to the letter results in a negligible DPS loss for the paladin, his DPS should be way more than 3K so long as he isn't doing something silly like not using something at all and just spamming (or trying to) Crusader Strike and Divine Storm. Also, what seal is he using ? I have seen some paladins try to DPS with Seal of Wisdom, which doesn't work out too well
Old 2010-09-30, 02:48   Link #5880
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Eh? I was just more concerned that you didn't mention it because the BoA-ness means alot in terms of advantages. For people with only a few alts, this basically means you only ever need to level up Archaeology on one or two characters. Meaning less effort for high quality weapons.
Fair point, mate. But I really do think alting isn't going to be happening for quite a while in Cata. Getting characters to the caps to do normals (305) and heroics (329) is damn hard thanks to Tailoring being impossible at present and other crafting professions barely doable. I'm stuck at 328 and it's very frustrating. I can only improve 4 more slots and some druid took cloth over me, for which I was very mad. I could be doing heroics right now but thanks to that bastard, I'm stuck in normals. And with Twilight Highlands quests heavily bugged and having no item rewards, it's harder. Plus I found that when I did Hyjal, rep wasn't being granted. It is now but I will not get any retrospectively. So...gearing up on a main once you're 85 - not easy.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows