AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-05, 17:25   Link #5921
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
My poor alliance bank alt might have to go then, what a sad way to go allytohorde, I'll never forget you!

Or I could just remake my stuck at 60ish warrior that I'll never actually play.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 17:52   Link #5922
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Redoing an unused alt migt be fine since it wil be a "new" experiance. I sort of did that to make my Death Knight by deleting my low level warrior alt and used his name. Though that was because I really didn't enjoy playing a level 18 undead warrior when his next life as a 55 undead death knight in the second month of Wrath was awesome. So overpowered leveling compared to my warlock at the time. (It is my Horde primary now as oppose to my more often used Alliance warlock main).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 18:44   Link #5923
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Death Knight leveling is sorta Overpowered still.. I leveled an alt DK on another server, and just breezed through the quests. Soloing 3 mans, but cant do 5 man.. I even used my raiding spec as my leveling spec..
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 23:24   Link #5924
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Most classes are quite capable of soloing 3 man quests, though obviously tank classes have it easier than others, most notably Paladins and DKs. That said, i am having little problems soloing group quests, of both 3 man and 5 man variety, on my soon-to-be-80 lock. Stuff takes forever to die, but you can literally kill anything that can't outdamage your improved health funnel on felguard/void, no matter how much HP it has
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 23:57   Link #5925
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Most classes are quite capable of soloing 3 man quests, though obviously tank classes have it easier than others, most notably Paladins and DKs. That said, i am having little problems soloing group quests, of both 3 man and 5 man variety, on my soon-to-be-80 lock. Stuff takes forever to die, but you can literally kill anything that can't outdamage your improved health funnel on felguard/void, no matter how much HP it has
Hmm that is true, it just depends on the class and if they have the ability of self-heal, since warriors have very little self-heal they basically rely on downing the bosses health before they die.
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:04   Link #5926
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
Yeah, anything that can heal and wear plate is going to be good for leveling. Mages are pretty good at group quests too if things can be slowed, or be crafty with the use of terrain.

They want to get back a bit more to the group orientated quests in more Cata don't they? Since stuff does hit fairly hard. TBH im kinda looking forward to heroics that are a bit challenging again - though I do wonder how long that will last.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:17   Link #5927
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah, anything that can heal and wear plate is going to be good for leveling. Mages are pretty good at group quests too if things can be slowed, or be crafty with the use of terrain.

They want to get back a bit more to the group orientated quests in more Cata don't they? Since stuff does hit fairly hard. TBH im kinda looking forward to heroics that are a bit challenging again - though I do wonder how long that will last.
I suppose Blizzard wants to aim for that. Since they want players to be more... "cooperative" to each other while we level in Cataclysm. Not attempt to solo things like we were able to do in Wotlk, or sometimes in BC. I suppose Blizzard wants to bring back the feeling of support and cooperation back to WoW (well raids provided that, but its mostly aimed towards questing)
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:35   Link #5928
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
The problem I found with health funnel (I don't believe had the improved version) is that my healing combined with dots (only COA and Corruption as a destro lock so as to like th e VW hold threat cause Immolate gets nasty as it could crit on hit and with three dots, one crit was enough to gain threat off the Voidwalker) generated more threat than the Voidwalker could handle. Of course I was testing this as a fresh level 80 on the Fel Reaver in a attempt at revenge and also to get the key quest done. It squished me as soon as it was able to land a hit...though it missed a lot due to the level gap.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:53   Link #5929
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
So I've heard 4.0 along with new talents and stat changes are really being put into place next week after maintenance, anyone know if this is true?
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 02:01   Link #5930
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
So I've heard 4.0 along with new talents and stat changes are really being put into place next week after maintenance, anyone know if this is true?
I doubt anyone knows for sure, but it does seem that way what with the build currently on the PTR being a release candidate.
__________________
Tokkan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 02:01   Link #5931
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
That seems very likely at this point. On the Test Realm they're at the "release" version of the patch so it's gonna be pretty soon, and the arena season ends next week on Tuesday. So that's basically the perfect time for it to happen.

That's just 4.01 though. 4.03, which also changes the 1-60 content is also due out some time before Cataclysm. Possibly mid-November or so.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 04:43   Link #5932
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The problem I found with health funnel (I don't believe had the improved version) is that my healing combined with dots (only COA and Corruption as a destro lock so as to like th e VW hold threat cause Immolate gets nasty as it could crit on hit and with three dots, one crit was enough to gain threat off the Voidwalker) generated more threat than the Voidwalker could handle. Of course I was testing this as a fresh level 80 on the Fel Reaver in a attempt at revenge and also to get the key quest done. It squished me as soon as it was able to land a hit...though it missed a lot due to the level gap.
Hm, i can see why destro would have issues there - i level as destro in Northrend, but have a demo offspec for soloing group quests - didn't even attempt as destro (Ok, so i did once, but it didn't end too well). Being demo the pet is obviously stronger, and Felguard (i prefer him over void, unless stuff hits 'really' hard) usually doesn't have issues holding my 3 dots, unless i get lucky with crits. In which case i simply ease up on the dots and give the guy some time to build threat - soloing as a lock isn't a DPS race in any way. It may take a while to score the kill, but unless the mob can actually kill your demon (which doesn't happen too often through improved funnel, which transfers both more health and reduces the damage your funneled demon takes by 30%), it will die sooner or later.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 04:55   Link #5933
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
I remember way back in Vanilla I tanked Stockades at the appropriate level with a Voidwalker and Health Funnel. We three manned it actually, two rogues and a lock. The rogues would bandage me while I was funneling. That was fun.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 12:54   Link #5934
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I doubt anyone knows for sure, but it does seem that way what with the build currently on the PTR being a release candidate.
I am looking forward to in someways, but on the other hand I am not really wanting to completely re-learn both my specs right now so, maybe I'll just take a break from my pally until cata actually comes out .
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 12:59   Link #5935
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I am looking forward to in someways, but on the other hand I am not really wanting to completely re-learn both my specs right now so, maybe I'll just take a break from my pally until cata actually comes out .
You'd probably be able to learn it better just by starting an alt and leveling it as your spec. It wouldn't be the same as cata-intensive groups and dungeons, but it wouldn't be a faceroll either. You'd at least learn the timings for Holy Power and how to manage it somewhat easily.

Or just save your money for a few months.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:10   Link #5936
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Warlocks were extremely overpowered before some fixes went around. You could literally send your voidwalker to tank Sartharion, while your main/off tanks can just tank the 3 drakes taht come down. Since AoE is reduced against Voidwalkers, they dont take as much damage as we do, making it easier to heal them. But I dont know if that trick works anymore.
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:13   Link #5937
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You'd probably be able to learn it better just by starting an alt and leveling it as your spec. It wouldn't be the same as cata-intensive groups and dungeons, but it wouldn't be a faceroll either. You'd at least learn the timings for Holy Power and how to manage it somewhat easily.

Or just save your money for a few months.
I'll probably just do some HCs on each to try to a feel for it, but ugh I don't know how I feel trying raid ICC or ToC/TOGC when I don't fully understand my class, plus starting to raid heal is going to be a fun[or terrible] experience , so if it's too confusing to get down, I'll just work on my druid alt since having mangle at a low level will be fun .
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:12   Link #5938
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
If I told you it is confirmed that Warlocks are currently outhealing healing classes in BGs in Beta, what does that tell you about the state of their OPness?
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:32   Link #5939
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Or the BG healers suck. I think I came in top healing once in a BG in December because of Fel Armor and Fel Healthstones. I usually come in somewhere around the middle and am usually the highest non-healer heals in raids and dungeons (unless the pally tank is forced to self heal or a priest dps is present)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 16:39   Link #5940
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I hate to say it to make my guild look bad, but my prot paladin was routinely on top of healing meters because of Judgement of Light /sigh at my healers.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.