AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-06, 17:25   Link #5941
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I hate to say it to make my guild look bad, but my prot paladin was routinely on top of healing meters because of Judgement of Light /sigh at my healers.
what did you guys run all disc. priest or something?
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 17:50   Link #5942
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Actually we did have two disc priests but it was usually:
Holy pally, 2 resto druids, disc priest, 2 resto shaman. With extra pally, priest, or shaman depending on the day.
Old 2010-10-06, 18:16   Link #5943
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
If I told you it is confirmed that Warlocks are currently outhealing healing classes in BGs in Beta, what does that tell you about the state of their OPness?
It's still less powerful than vanilla? XD
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:56   Link #5944
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
If warlocks are actually over-healing healers in BGs... I dont wanna imagine Raids.... They might even be able to tank the Lich King when they reach level 85
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:03   Link #5945
GDB

Nah, I agree with Ithekro. A lot of healers don't like to queue up to BGs as healers just because they end up stuck in that spec, and can't do anything but heal. This wouldn't be bad before, since they could heal forever, but in the "mana matters" Cataclysm they can't. Also, DPS don't give a shit about you, expect you to heal them, but won't do anything about the enemy pounding on you.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 20:14   Link #5946
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They might even be able to tank the Lich King when they reach level 85
Doubtful due the Valkyrie[sp] during third phase and the plague at the first phase would make it impossible to solo ever ; however a skilled healer and two warlocks would be able to on the other hand .
Old 2010-10-06, 20:24   Link #5947
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Lich King fight mechanics would prevent it from being solo'd or even duo'd since I don't think even at 85 people could survive enough of the adds running around in phase 1 and how strong the ghouls get when enraged. They can smash tanks right now for about 60% of our life if they berserk so I don't think a clothie at 85 would stand a chance with their much less mitigation.

Also Valkyries will never target the person with highest threat so that means healer gets picked up everytime and if you try to save them LK is smacking you the whole time too. If infest hit during that, you'd be dead with how it increases every second in damage.
Old 2010-10-07, 01:02   Link #5948
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's still less powerful than vanilla? XD
lols... go go Warlock Conflag train.
Old 2010-10-07, 01:33   Link #5949
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Nuke em til they glow, then loot em after they cool down.
Old 2010-10-07, 13:27   Link #5950
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

I'll be coming back to this game once Cataclysm releases. I'm actually really looking forward to it after wasting most of the summer playing a content-less free MMO. Can't wait to run non-faceroll 5-mans again too. Though along the same lines I can see those causing me enough frustration with my groups to be motivated to draw more of my comics that certain people seemed to really enjoy, haha.

(Also I guess this is my first post in 5 months too - wow, time sure flies when you're wasting it ).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 15:27   Link #5951
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

I'm trying to get the title "Kingslayer" before Cataclysm arrives but my guild (who will only be doing 10 man when Cata released) are based on late-raid-time scheduling. Which is past the time I need to go to sleep on weekdays, but no on weekends... But they mostly come on some random day... So it might be tough
Old 2010-10-07, 16:33   Link #5952
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
There is something just ridiculous about solo tanking the last 300k of a Heroic boss...as a Fire Mage...yet very satisfying...
Old 2010-10-07, 16:52   Link #5953
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

This is just lovely work from Cataclysm Heroic Beta...

Old 2010-10-07, 19:08   Link #5954
Ithekro
Space Battleship

So we are running out of time I suppose until everything changes and we have incomplete talents and some spells not in the game yet at 80 and changes in how our talents work with our armor...and how our stats translate to health and mana (those that have mana). Estimates it being changed next week.
Old 2010-10-08, 10:05   Link #5955
Xacual
The color of a Hero

WoW hit 12 million accounts, I guess that shuts up the people saying the game was dying, though I'm surprised I was expecting the 12 million announcement closer / after cata came out.
Old 2010-10-08, 10:28   Link #5956
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
I tried doing Inscription today on the beta. I flew form 450-505 then hit a real snag....around then, you then have to rely on making 'Forged Documents'....with a 24 hour CD....then the last few points are insane...requires loads of Volatile Life and Inferno Ink. Interesting thing was that Epic Relics can now be made by Inscription....that is an incentive for some classes to do it for sure.

But what gave me a real shock was what they made as ingredients for the new Darkmoon Card....1 Resilient Parchment, 8 Inferno Ink (33% more mats than Northrend), 50 Volatile Life....(67% up from Northrend) I hope they change the Volatile Life requirement...this is going to make full decks ridiculously hard to make...meaning Scribes are going to charge ridiculous prices in the early period...and some of them are REALLY obligatory...the caster DPS one is so tailor made for Fire Mage...Imagine Phylactery from Sindragosa...but with a truckload of Haste on it as well....and that the damage done is Fire...

Alchemy was the easiest profession to level. The new flasks are great. But what is startling is that ALL GEM tranmutes have NO COOLDOWN...Some of the potions are really good too.

Jewelcrafting on beta stalls at about 515, but that's because rare gem cut plans aren't available yet. Once I finally hit 525, can finally find out what Pyrite prospecting is like.

For the record...Twilight Highlands is insanely good for Herbalism while Uldum is better for Mining. However, each of the 5 zones has unique herbs. Cinderbloom is everywhere, Stormvine in Hyjal, Azshara's Tear in Vashj'ir, Heartblossom in Deepholm, Whiptail in Uldum and Twilight Jasmine in Twilight Highlands.

The water effects on beta are just so divine...
Old 2010-10-08, 10:43   Link #5957
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Part of that 12 million was from the recent release of Wrath of the Lich King in China. CATA should jump that number even more by January.
Old 2010-10-08, 14:23   Link #5958
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Part of that 12 million was from the recent release of Wrath of the Lich King in China. CATA should jump that number even more by January.
Since Cata is getting waaaay better reviews then Wotlk, I'm expecting it to scale up to about 15-16 million subscriptions....
Old 2010-10-08, 14:31   Link #5959
Xacual
The color of a Hero

That's a little too much of a gain. To get 15-16 million would mean stealing all the subscribers to other MMOs and bringing even more into the market which I just can't see happening. The MMO industry has already grown ridiculously in the years following WoW's release but 15-16 million is still a little bit too much. I can see 12.5-13 though after Cata.
Old 2010-10-08, 14:41   Link #5960
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Hmmm epic relics from Inscription, hmm I guess they felt was unfair they're are crafted wands and ranged for other classes, but no relics for classes that used them, so I like this idea.

Also Finally got a shield to replace the i213 I had been using for over a month today from ToC 25, Bastion of Purity though was GDKP so costed me about 700 g after what I made from the run which I thought was good considering the previous two times I saw the shield in a GDKP run it went for 4500 g and 12,000 g which also puts all my items[except necklace] at least item level 245 on my holy spec. And got bread winner from all the dailies I've been doing for ToC .

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows