AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-31, 02:24   Link #6841
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I do agree that Valiona and Theralion are probably the hardest bosses so far in my book, especially if your group is melee heavy, even if they have a huge hitbox to spread out on, there is still Theralion's void zones that he drops around occasionally while he is on the ground. How are we supposed to deal with that exactly? Have our tank kite Theralion around in a circle when he spawns a void zone?
This fight is much easier as melee actually. Tank him in the middle of the room and stay put, tank should only move out of deep breath. He never does his voidzone on the tank, so have melee stack on the tank - you will never have to move either. Have some healer stay there as well. Then have your ranged DPS/remaining healer(s) stack somewhere outside, and assign a pattern you will move in out of the circles. Always stay as group to spread the meteor damage. Person with engulfing magic simply runs away and stands in some corner (not on the next spot your ranged camp is expected to move to). Voila, one (two) dead dragon.
Old 2010-12-31, 03:32   Link #6842
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
This fight is much easier as melee actually. Tank him in the middle of the room and stay put, tank should only move out of deep breath. He never does his voidzone on the tank, so have melee stack on the tank - you will never have to move either. Have some healer stay there as well. Then have your ranged DPS/remaining healer(s) stack somewhere outside, and assign a pattern you will move in out of the circles. Always stay as group to spread the meteor damage. Person with engulfing magic simply runs away and stands in some corner (not on the next spot your ranged camp is expected to move to). Voila, one (two) dead dragon.
Ah, I never thought of it that way, thank you very much Skyfall
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 09:02   Link #6843
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I got a new hd monitor 24inch but when I turn it on if I sit at any aangle except perfectly in the middle it gets either dark or bright. Is there a way to change that?
Old 2011-01-03, 18:14   Link #6844
GDB

And any reason to do Tol Barad is once again gone. They hotfixed the honor to a negligible number, and are trying to nerf the bridge honor. Way to go, Blizzard. Why fix the mechanics of a broken system when you can just take away any silver lining that players happen to find?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 18:38   Link #6845
Xacual
The color of a Hero

So that means no more tol barad dailies for me since horde controls it at the moment. That is depressing. At least both factions were able to use it though i honestly question what blizzard expected to happen when they made winning on attack give so much honor while leaving winning on defense as negligible amount. If that wasn't telling us to trade wins I don't know what would.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:24   Link #6846
GDB

I think they expected people to still queue up on defense, thus allowing more attackers to get the honor. Instead, only like 15 people would get in, and the rest would sit at the bridge and try to get honor that way.

Also, I take issue with them calling that a queue. It's quite obviously a lottery, when you can join after 1 second has elapsed and not get in, whereas someone can join with only a few seconds left on the timer and get in.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:30   Link #6847
Xacual
The color of a Hero

People on my server anyway still queue'd defense. The factions usually just fought at ironclad for 5-10 minutes before whatever faction was defending would back off and let the attacking faction take it. We routinely had like 60 players on both sides in there. Of course there was probably 50-100 people at the stupid bridge.

Edit: How hard would it be for blizzard to have put the gate there instead of at the other end of the bridge, makes no damn sense to me. Blizzard didn't listen to any of their beta feedback on the zone.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:34   Link #6848
GDB

Well, the gate wouldn't do anything unless it actually prevented you from entering without the queue letting you. As it is, you can enter for 10 seconds before getting booted, which is how people were sniping honor.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:57   Link #6849
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, the gate wouldn't do anything unless it actually prevented you from entering without the queue letting you. As it is, you can enter for 10 seconds before getting booted, which is how people were sniping honor.
That's why I said if the had put the gate at the other end of the bridge it would have stopped people from getting in. Instead they put the gate at the other side and it's only there between 15 minutes until game and game start.
Old 2011-01-03, 22:20   Link #6850
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
That's why I said if the had put the gate at the other end of the bridge it would have stopped people from getting in. Instead they put the gate at the other side and it's only there between 15 minutes until game and game start.
So people can still snipe honor by chance? Just stand there the whole time?
Old 2011-01-04, 00:55   Link #6851
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Well they could but it's not going to be any huge amount anymore so I doubt people will.
Old 2011-01-04, 11:21   Link #6852
Ithekro
Warning

You can still do the five or six dailies on the northern island even if the other faction controls Tol Barad. You just cannot do the other six dailies on the southern island.
Old 2011-01-04, 16:43   Link #6853
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You can still do the five or six dailies on the northern island even if the other faction controls Tol Barad. You just cannot do the other six dailies on the southern island.
Or nine dailies if your faction is extremely lucky enough to capture Tol Barad/defend it 3 times in a row. But defending it is still too easy that Blizzard needs to nerf it right?
Old 2011-01-04, 16:53   Link #6854
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
But defending it is still too easy that Blizzard needs to nerf it right?
Yes, but they'd rather go back and forth and nerf the honor and any reason to do it than to actually fix the basic mechanics of the fight. You know, business as usual.
Old 2011-01-04, 16:58   Link #6855
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Either these are just people complaining, but I heard Wintergrasp had the opposite effect of Tol Barad about being too simple to take over just blast through the walls with siege engines, and capture the relic just like in "Strands of the Ancients".
Old 2011-01-04, 17:03   Link #6856
GDB

Unless it's changed since their new "1:1" system, the problem with Wintergrasp was that Tenacity didn't do a damned thing for balance. Numbers outweighed any boost Tenacity gave.
Old 2011-01-04, 17:12   Link #6857
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless it's changed since their new "1:1" system, the problem with Wintergrasp was that Tenacity didn't do a damned thing for balance. Numbers outweighed any boost Tenacity gave.
That is true, my realm had the Alliance up to "15 stacks of Tenacity" with like 70 Horde players in Wintergrasp, while there were only like 3-4 Alliance players..
Old 2011-01-04, 18:37   Link #6858
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Wintergrasp was a success in my opinion more so than Tol'Barad. Wintergrasp was harder to defend but not impossible, but it was balanced more in favor of offense. Even blizzard has admitted that they want Tol'barad to be switching sides often enough so both factions can take advantage of it. The problem is they only had it on the beta realms for a short time and they seem to have ignored all the complaints and stuff the beta testers told them about the zone being ridiculously imbalanced in favor of defense. Blizzard was as usual too focused on the pve side of things.

I'm not really a pvper but I hate when BiS stuff like the trinkets is tied to collecting marks that if my faction can't control the zone I'm limited to 5-7 or so per day instead of the 30+ you can get when you count 3 per defense win as well.
Old 2011-01-04, 19:35   Link #6859
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wintergrasp was a success in my opinion more so than Tol'Barad. Wintergrasp was harder to defend but not impossible, but it was balanced more in favor of offense. Even blizzard has admitted that they want Tol'barad to be switching sides often enough so both factions can take advantage of it. The problem is they only had it on the beta realms for a short time and they seem to have ignored all the complaints and stuff the beta testers told them about the zone being ridiculously imbalanced in favor of defense. Blizzard was as usual too focused on the pve side of things.

I'm not really a pvper but I hate when BiS stuff like the trinkets is tied to collecting marks that if my faction can't control the zone I'm limited to 5-7 or so per day instead of the 30+ you can get when you count 3 per defense win as well.
I know The Alliance control Tol Barad and we never seem to be able to win at. There is a certain mastery trinket that I need from the quartermaster that is the current BiS Pre-Raid for my Frost Death Knight.
Old 2011-01-06, 15:35   Link #6860
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
GBD is it just me, or is mastery really really overly common on Holy Paladin gear despite it being our weakest secondary stat? Because in my attempts to find boots I found the the valor points boots are the only +i346 plate boots for holy without mastery.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows