AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 15:05   Link #7621
Ithekro
Warning

It is early yet, so some of the "removed" spells might not have been removed, just bugged off the spell chart of the talent tree page.
I liked Chaos Bolt. It was a fun spell for leveling and it use to be a really hard hitting nuke for raiding. Especially when it crit. It has only been in CATA that I've noticed it being lackluster next to Conflagrate in terms of crits. But then I've noted my crits are lower than they use to be anyway, at least compared to our mage. About the only think that kept me competitive was the DoTs (as Destruction?) and perhaps that I tended to live longer if things went badly. I certainly sucked massively in short fights as DoTs can't really do anything in a fight that lasts only ten seconds.
Old 2011-11-30, 11:00   Link #7622
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
4.3 has delivered the most fun heroics of the entire expansion - that's for sure. LFR is so freaking easy - done 3 Twilight Descent raids there. Darkmoon Island should be good once the Faire is up next week.

For all the disappointments of Cata, 4.3 looks like quite a good patch indeed.
Old 2011-11-30, 22:09   Link #7623
Ithekro
Warning

So how long until Deathwing dies (world first kill)?
Old 2011-11-30, 23:08   Link #7624
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So how long until Deathwing dies (world first kill)?
We're talking about heroic kill right? Normal mode will be done first week just like ragnaros since normal mode isn't supposed to be a challenge for the top guilds. Heroic though depends on a lot of factors like does it include some kind of gear check mechanic that would prevent players at lower levels of gear from doing it. Only so much dps or health you can squeeze out of gear after all.

I'd say probably about how long Ragnaros heroic took. Give or take a week or two. Longer if gear check mechanic is in place.
Old 2011-11-30, 23:15   Link #7625
Ithekro
Warning

Well they aren't holding people back like in ICC or Sunwell, so I guess they feel either it will take time, or Mist of Pandaria is fairly close to beta testing so people won't be bored for a long period of time. Or they have some sort of surprise left for us in 4.4?
Old 2011-12-01, 16:36   Link #7626
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
When did Deathwing turn into an octopus? Just watching the normal encounter in Beta and it seems a little disappointing. Of course that could just be beta and Blizzard will buff it to "OMG level" when it releases with cinematic goodness. But if it stays at it is now, then he will go down quick....

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-12-01 at 17:03.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:16   Link #7627
Ithekro
Warning

Well Deathwing is basically falling apart due to his correption. Yet he is the former Earth Warden and currently the Aspect of Death...so he's likely got some control over his body even if it is falling apart (in shape).

The armor is what is mostly holding him together. The Dragon Soul (along with removing his armor) will make him fall to pieces.

Beta is beta, but also people have said that at this point in CATA, normal mode is for casuals to do it and the real fight is heroic mode. I'm not sure about this since I've not raided in think three months ad we never even got down one CATA boss other that in BH. of course we always run in 10 mans, which is seems in CATA is the harder way to fight. It was easier in Wrath, not only the fight, but the ability to get pugs. It was difficult to get a 10 man pug in CATA for some reason.

The video I saw of the second Deathwing fight suggests you are racing against stacking damage and of course the chance he's just blow up the planet if you take too long. Of course to those that might complain that we are taking out Deathwing with just 10 or 25 random people...it is a 15 to 30 man fight really. And those extra five are the four Aspects and Thrall (holding the ultimate weapon). Looked like a lot of add management and knowing when to use CD and spells for the majority of the fight.
Old 2011-12-01, 17:40   Link #7628
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Beta is beta, but also people have said that at this point in CATA, normal mode is for casuals to do it and the real fight is heroic mode. I'm not sure about this since I've not raided in think three months ad we never even got down one CATA boss other that in BH. of course we always run in 10 mans, which is seems in CATA is the harder way to fight. It was easier in Wrath, not only the fight, but the ability to get pugs. It was difficult to get a 10 man pug in CATA for some reason.
On a fight by fight basis some were ridiculous on 10man while some were ridiculous on 25man. A good example would be Heroic Al'Akir which was considered the hardest 25man fight for the first tier of Cata while in comparison 10man wasn't that bad.

Normal mode isn't for "casuals" it's for my normal raiding guilds outside the top 500-1000. The guilds that will clear normal mode in about a month or two and then spend the rest of the content working on heroics modes but probably not finishing them all. Note the number of guilds is just a number off the top of my head, I have no idea the actual numbers.
Old 2011-12-05, 00:21   Link #7629
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Revamped Darkmoon Fair as a dailies area for one week a month is cool. I'd recommend getting the stuff done while you can. It's fairly easy. Also fished up a Sea Pony within 200 casts, as well as a couple of rare fish in the process, heh. Already got the three DM artifacts from Battlegrounds and looted an addition 7, but the dungeon/raid ones are going to be hard....
Old 2012-01-21, 03:03   Link #7630
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Recently got back into the game after a one year break. I have been farming random Battlegrounds on my disc priest. Went from blue pvp gear to Ruthless/Cataclysmic in a few days.

The quality of the player material in random battlegrounds is really disheartening. I seem to find myself teaching the basics of "capture the flag" and "three bases vs. two" to people in every other Battleground. It's bordering on frustrating. I know my mileage varies, since I have played these Battlegrounds since they started for the first time, and between leveling my toons.

Still, WoW is a great game to spend your time on. Skype + a couple of friends = a pretty good time on Battlegrounds.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 08:22   Link #7631
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I've been out of loop for awhile, could anyone enlighten me why people say Cataclysm is an disappointment and bad?

I'm not sure should I go back to WoW, since I'm kinda free at the moment.
Old 2012-01-21, 18:44   Link #7632
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I've been out of loop for awhile, could anyone enlighten me why people say Cataclysm is an disappointment and bad?

I'm not sure should I go back to WoW, since I'm kinda free at the moment.
I don't think it's worse than Wrath or anything but I mainly think it's just the game's age playing against it at this point. Most people have been playing it for years and just don't really have the same excitement for the game anymore. Also I guess unlike wrath the raids are harder so it's not as easy to just pug them, though the Looking for Raid does allow that.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:02   Link #7633
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I don't think it's worse than Wrath or anything but I mainly think it's just the game's age playing against it at this point. Most people have been playing it for years and just don't really have the same excitement for the game anymore. Also I guess unlike wrath the raids are harder so it's not as easy to just pug them, though the Looking for Raid does allow that.
Blizz confirmed Pandaria content will be easier by a considerable margin. Go figure.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:07   Link #7634
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Blizz confirmed Pandaria content will be easier by a considerable margin. Go figure.
I expected as much to be honest, it's more of a management decision at this point. WoW lost numbers in Cata when the only change was harder raids so they decided to move back toward Wrath where they had the most subs. It's just blaming the sub loss on something they can do something about instead of the game's age that they can't change.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:11   Link #7635
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Hmm....I actually like the sound of harder raid, but if they decide to revert it back then I guess it's time to move on.
Old 2012-01-22, 00:02   Link #7636
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Definally sounds like their trying to go very casual.
Old 2012-01-22, 03:58   Link #7637
Ithekro
Warning

I think it was more that playing just wasn't fun anymore. Not even raiding, just that the heroics were too long for what one usually wanted to do (use them to gear up for raids). It is waiting half and hour to an hour for a thirty minute to an hour heroic that you need to run several times a day or week to get gear so you can raid. it felt boring and sometimes fustrating if you got a bad group, or just one bad boss fight that was annoying to run.

I know that long ago at 60 you had to run dungeons to get gear and sometimes it "never dropped". And you could spend hours trying to get a group together, but it could be more dynamic because, it was new, and you would be social doing it. Now at 85, you have no reason to be social in the LFG tool...you just have to find a way to kill a half hour or more as DPS, or find a tank that wants to run with you for minute or less to instances.

The guild rewards made it better and worse at the same time. In Wrath we use to run raids between two guilds. One ran there mains though on one time and their alts on another. Our guild was small so we would run with them usually on their alt runs. That guild fell apart just before CATA, so we absorbed some of them. We spend the first month or two of CATA leveling and trying to gear up. Then we ran into problems. For the guild rewards to work, you need I think 8 people in the 10 man raid to be in your guild. We effectively had only 10 people able to raid, and some were not quite geared, and usually not enough were able to show at the same time to run a raid. We would attempt to PUG the rest but by the time we usually raided, most people were locked out since doing either 10 man or 25 man locked you out of that raid for the week (unlike in Wrath were it was seperate lockouts). Eventually out tank got fed up with it and quit for a while (that and that he'd spent a lot of time running people though heroics and then they wouldn't help him either get stuff in return, or they would leave to join a guild that ran 25 mans (since we didn't have the people to do that effectively, since we have a large number of alts and people that do pvp and the like, or people that are slow to level because of work, or they just like leveling alts not raiding). I stopped a bit after that because we spent a few weeks trying to raid and could never get a full group because we never could get a good tank to fill in. We had a bunch of healers and dps, but not enough geared tanks. Or competent geared tanks that felt they could raid (some were more issued with lag due to poor computers or networks). Also the guild rewards make it so you want a majority of guild member to run, so when we could not get 7 or 8 people to run we tended to not run since we would "lose" something.

I plan to get back to it at some point. Definately when MoP comes since I like story and leveling at least once (Loremaster was sort of my thing). I sort of want to kill Deathwing since he pissed me off while leveling. I got killed at least three times by him, and had the area I was questing burned away a few more times on top of that. But then we didn't actually kill the Lich King until after CATA. We got to him penty of time in Wrath, but didn't down him then. He's killed me more than any other Boss in the game. And I was usually the last to die.
Old 2012-01-22, 06:34   Link #7638
Kyouka
Is Here

i only play arena gawd game got soo bad
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 11:33   Link #7639
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
WoW lost numbers in Cata when the only change was harder raids so they decided to move back toward Wrath where they had the most subs.
Only change? What about never having to leave Orgrimmar/Stormwind to do anything except leveling, where you still didn't have to do any in-between, you just used the portal? What about the absolutely ridiculous power curve that hits between 84 and 85, even when your gear doesn't change? Or the actual power curve difference between even the original heroic gear and leveling gear?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 16:22   Link #7640
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Never having to leave your capital was already part of WoW since Wrath and the power-curves for gear since BC.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows