AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 06:38   Link #7841
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

I don't think Lilian Voss was ever going to take a prominent story role because she is almost definitely a direct reference to Liliana Vess from Magic the Gathering. They definitely pushed the pop culture references pretty far this expansion but I doubt even they would make one a replacement faction leader.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 09:03   Link #7842
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Seems that Skyshards can be obtained from the daily pack for completing all Vale of Eternal Blossoms daily quests. Might also be the case that they can be obtained from the Sky Race Winners Rewards pack in Jade Forest.
Old 2012-08-20, 09:17   Link #7843
Westlo
Lets be reality

God just bought so much whiptail... flipped 200 stacks from alliance to horde since it was 14g per stack compared to 28g (fail horde chinese farmers). Than bought another 300 stacks @ 12g for half and 17.5g for another half..

Why can't I juggle all this inferno ink.

@ Last Sinner

You should come to Frostmourne, it's pretty much Blackrock but more aussie focused (still a lot of Americans) and the faction sizes switched. Blackrock Alliance is so dead... transferred my toons off that server straight to Frostmourne when I found out...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 12:22   Link #7844
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
@ Last Sinner

You should come to Frostmourne, it's pretty much Blackrock but more aussie focused (still a lot of Americans) and the faction sizes switched. Blackrock Alliance is so dead... transferred my toons off that server straight to Frostmourne when I found out...
How the hell did you pre-empt I was about to move to Frostmourne...Oh wait, because the majority of Blackrock alliance already has.

I'm moving. Just securing a guild before I do.

I cared about Whiptail when it was 300g a stack. Once it fell to about 150g, I lost interest. Uldum was bot central all expansion. Vashj'ir herb runs was the only way I could profit from Herbalism. The upside is this time...the barring of flying pre-90 and swimming not being an option means a lot of those bots will be out of order - for a while at least.
Old 2012-08-20, 13:27   Link #7845
Ithekro
Space Battleship

World of Warcraft as usually taken a balance of power aspect to keep the Horde and Alliance roughly equal to maintian both player bases (though today since you aren't locked to being only one faction, they might not need to as much).

The question is, with Theramore gone (is it gone and the area under Horde control, or just ruined and under Alliance control?) what balances that out? Another large hold by the Night Elves to counter the Horde? A major Orc base desttoyed in the Eastern Kingdoms? A new Alliance holding in the Eastern Kingdoms to fight the Forsaken?
Old 2012-08-21, 01:31   Link #7846
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
How the hell did you pre-empt I was about to move to Frostmourne...Oh wait, because the majority of Blackrock alliance already has.

I'm moving. Just securing a guild before I do.

I cared about Whiptail when it was 300g a stack. Once it fell to about 150g, I lost interest. Uldum was bot central all expansion. Vashj'ir herb runs was the only way I could profit from Herbalism. The upside is this time...the barring of flying pre-90 and swimming not being an option means a lot of those bots will be out of order - for a while at least.
A lot of Aussie Blackrock Horde also moved to Frostmourne, as well as quite a few Americans. Most of them faction changed to alliance though, it pretty much is Blackrock 2.0.

As for whiptail I'm buying as much as possible right now so I can mill it all before the patch next Tuesday. The ink vendor will no longer allow you to trade Blackfallow Ink for whatever you want, you'll need the new MOP ink to do that. Price is currently @ 40g per stack on Horde.... anyway hopefully I have enough stock to last me not just the month in between the next patch and MOP but the initial wave of ridiculously priced mats. I'm leveling a dual gatherer Blood Elf Hunter that I intend to level first in MOP so I can take advantage of that boom with the ore and sell MOP glyphs at massive profit.
Old 2012-08-24, 15:00   Link #7847
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Just finished the starting area after getting my hands onto Kong Fu Panda Online.

I think it is a great disappointment:
- The story is stupid: you are a trainee, goes around the island to gather 4 spirits (reminds me of Draenei starting zone). Then all of a sudden you meet the horde (huh? no one seem surprised) and end up saving a giant turtle which happens to be the whole island.

The ending seem so rushed.

There are a lot of "kill" quests, which sort of shattered my image of pandarens as an extremely peaceful race. The quests are also very boring, consisting of many kill and collect quests. At least in cataclysm you get to live a pimped out life with your own car, or take part in a kingdom facing enemies from all sides. Oh, forgot to mention, the world blew up at the end.

//

Gameplay wise: I no longer know my class anymore. Granted I stopped playing when Fireland (4.2) came out, but so much have changed! As a prot warrior that have played for years since vanilla I feel as if I have to adjust to a new style of play. I do believe the new talent system is heading in the right direction though.

As there are no addons in beta, I actually find it quite difficult to play. In the past I relied heavily on PowerAura to keep track of various buffs and debuffs and it made the game so much easier...

Having fooled around with a lv85 premade monk made me feel like a new player to the game. I just have absolutely no idea what to do in the beginning.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:33   Link #7848
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I saw some beta footage of the questing. Preferably from BlueXephos. If it wasn't exactly for their commentary. I might have just dropped watching, and even considering the pandas entirely. I'll just watch future videos of raids/etc~ Since that's what I mostly prioritize in.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 17:52   Link #7849
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Raids is another reason why I do not want to play MoP: I used to be a hardcore raider, but can no longer commit to a raid schedule. The concept of farming a handful of bosses over and over and over and over for that piece of loot that never drop is terrible.

This is the reason why I borrowed someone's beta account: I just want to experience all the new content and let the urge to play rest.

The launch of cata was good. Btw, did blizzard cut an entire content patch out? I remember reading somewhere that vashjir would have a raid instance. The only new raids were Fireland and Deathwing, which feels somewhat slim compared to past xpacs.
Old 2012-08-24, 18:32   Link #7850
styr

The last time I actually and truly enjoyed raiding was Ulduar ( <-pinnacle of Wrath raiding imo) although Firelands was pretty fun, far better than DS.. DS was such a huge let-down. Cata has been a major failure for raiding, LFR has ravaged the player base that used to join casual raiding guilds, which in turn fed the 'higher-tier' raiding guilds when they got geared. I did all the raids in Cata and even got Dragonwrath for my ele shaman, Firelands was pretty good for a raid but like every Cata raid it is too small. It would've been fine it was like T11 where you had 2 raids to work on, alas. I don't count the PvP boss as a raid due to it being faceroll.

I could rail on LFR/LFD all day long but I think the players that still play WoW enjoy these "features" so there's no point harping to the wrong crowd. Server community started to die with the ascension of cross-realm pvp/LFD and LFR destroyed what little server community was left. There's a reason why most players migrate to highly populated realms - most small realms are lucky to have 2+ 25m raiding guilds that are consistant, thanks to dual lockout & shared loot 10m is pretty much the way to go now.

@Flying Dagger - you are right, the vashjir raid got cut somewhere, I distinctly remember that being one of the raids discussed at blizzcon during Wrath. Pandas are a huge let down as well as a race, one word describes them perfectly: lolpandas.

I heavily agree about how much classes have changed, and especially true for the next expansion. I can't believe Blizz is gutting the talent system to implement a D3-esque "talent" system that is more akin to D3 skill runes.

I've played an elemental sham for quite some time and as much as I love them, it seems blizz plans to gut them completely in one form or another. I'm glad I've got other 85s to play as, once they make mounts account-wide I won't have any reason to stick with my shaman anymore. My shaman has a bunch of hard-to-get mounts and that is 99% of the reason why I've stuck with him for so long.

Right now, elemental's dps is pitiful, utility is mediocre at best in this day and age of 'spreading the buffs around' and it just isn't fun anymore. Of course, Blizz can't buff us either because for some reason they can't seem to balance us in PvP so we are stuck with outdated crap!
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 19:31   Link #7851
Xacual
The color of a Hero

I seriously do not understand the big deal so many have with pandarens. The race has been floating around since 2003 with TFT. It was one of the most requested races since WoW came out. I guess the community just changed a ton since back then.

Even if they weren't a part of the lore already though, why are panda people such a big deal, especially considering some of the other races we already have / that exist in game.
Old 2012-08-24, 19:36   Link #7852
GDB

Because space goats are serious business.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 19:38   Link #7853
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I seriously do not understand the big deal so many have with pandarens. The race has been floating around since 2003 with TFT. It was one of the most requested races since WoW came out. I guess the community just changed a ton since back then.

Even if they weren't a part of the lore already though, why are panda people such a big deal, especially considering some of the other races we already have / that exist in game.
I consider it a vocal minority. We'll see what happens when the game launches.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-24, 21:19   Link #7854
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Close to any slot can be filled with an epic from Valor Points. Epics are also obtainnable from the Black Market.
Valor Points cap can be reached each week from dailies and 1-2 Heroics. No raiding is required.
LFR is not that hard at all. Most of the Heroics are 4 personnable at 90 if you have skill. 1 hour a week to clean up in LFR? That's rather generous.
Elemental Shamans can now cast Chain Lightning non-stop and are doing great DPS on Pandaria Beta.
The new talent system is BRILLIANT. Don't slam it before trying it. It's compact, solves the majority of problems and forces people to make a few important choices. You don't get to have every top-tier spell/move but those you do take will cover more than enough bases.

And stop comparing Pandas to freaking Kung Fu Panda...IT IS NOT that at all. It's far more Buddhism-Shinto oriented and the storylines are actually quite dark thus far. This is not kiddish.

If you're going to complain, please consider the facts before you make a claim. Otherwise, just say you're going to stop playing because you don't enjoy things anymore. That is a far more viable claim.

And as Skane and Xacual said, I'm sure the whining will be dead within a week of Pandaria live and most doubters will zip it.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-24, 21:45   Link #7855
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I originally thought Pandarens is just a joke: it is the mascot of one of the artists (thus there was a face of a panda on iliian's glaives).

While I have nothing against pandarens, I have a feeling that blizzard fail to truly present the core concept of the race: the peace and fun loving race of people via the quests.

I have to give credits to the blizzard art team, I feel that they have outdone themselves in the creation of Pandaria.

//

Tanked the first two lv85 instances. They were quite short and simple. Warrior aoe tanking seem somewhat... unreliable since I can no longer rely on being able to cleave almost every single attack (and using cleave damage to pick up spawning mobs).

Shield block, although powerful (100% chance to block!), I feel the 60 rage cost makes rage management difficult... 45 rage would be slightly more reasonable.

Since shield block drains so much rage, I never got to use shield barrier outside of the occasional caster boss fight.
Old 2012-08-24, 22:20   Link #7856
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

You really shouldn't be instancing before 90. Caster DPS will oom like a boss between 85 and 90. However, the moment you're 90, infinite mana. Vice versa for other classes.

Furthermore, instances don't even give a bar of XP anymore. Questing is the only viable option and more sensical since you really need to get the rep grinds going ASAP. The Ilvls of drops from pre-90s instances is terrible - you'll do much better getting rewards from Kun-Lai Summit, Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes.

Rep grinds are pretty darn important in Pandaria.

You can't spend Justice or Valor Points AT ALL without getting rep grinds to Honored and Reverred respecitvely.
August Celesitals and Shado-Pan reps don't unlock until you get to Golden Lotus Reverred. And trust me, you NEED August Celestials unlocked.
Cooking has a lot of perks but if you're not expanding your personal farm via Tillers rep grind, your capacity to get ingredients will be hampered.
You can't grind reps AT ALL via dungeons. Tabards are only available at Exalted.
Anglers rep grind and one of the Crimson Lotus dailies are effectively an easy way to level Fishing without having to go out and focus on it.
Black Prince rep gets you on the way to your free legendary.
Dailies are your best shot at getting Skyshards and unlocking the ability to fight Alani.

Instancing achieves little in levelling thanks to that final XP increase in the last pass. Post-LK, AoE grinding won't be viable. Questing is the better option. And there are too many mechanisms in place to stop people from simply walking into raids the moment they're 90. Maybe the world best guilds will but they won't have a steamroll of a time. You need those reps.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-24 at 22:37.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 22:56   Link #7857
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
You can't grind reps AT ALL via dungeons. Tabards are only available at Exalted.
So, reputation relies solely on dailies, and regular quests?
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 00:38   Link #7858
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So, reputation relies solely on dailies, and regular quests?
Yes. This holds true for all reps except the Black Prince, which can get rep from any mob in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and certain ones in Towlong Steppes and Dread Wastes.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-25 at 13:08.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 03:19   Link #7859
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I originally thought Pandarens is just a joke: it is the mascot of one of the artists (thus there was a face of a panda on iliian's glaives)
Pandas have been the most heavily requested race since vanilla... according to Blizzard they were suppose to be the Alliance race for The Burning Crusade... I'm pretty sure a lot of people were butt hurt about Draenei getting in over them.. but maybe that was drowned out by all the "lol blood elves".

Also LFR is fine if you don't have time to raid, I used to raid back in Vanilla, until the first couple of weeks on Naxx... after C'Thun trash I was burnt out... and than hitting Patchwerk... f that. Never raided seriously again ever since than.. and never will.

LFR is a good tool... a lot of WoW players from the "glory days" aren't in school or college anymore... and the new roll system stops people from being dicks with the loot or friends/guilds from having 5-6 ppl in one raid in an effort to quickly gear 1 person up with multiple rolls.
Old 2012-08-25, 13:11   Link #7860
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Weird thing I found tonight is that there's a 3rd type of instance you can queue for - Scenarios. Things such as The Brewmaster, some weird one where you fight monkey pirates and protect a brew, Pandaria's version of Brewfest, The Fall of Theramore, plus a few others. They don't take long, they give VP and reward caches if you do them randomly. Apparently Arena of Annihilation - Pandaria's version of Ring of Blood - is included.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows