AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-15, 20:53   Link #8341
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Question- If I had skipped the last expansion and bought this new one, I would still have access to everything right?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 21:39   Link #8342
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not entirely sure. Purchase of this expansion gets you one free character boosted to level 90. You could then effectively skip the last expansion's content. What I don't know is if you can effectively level from level 85 to 90 without Mists of Pandaria. Though it is only five levels. You wouldn't have access to Pandaria or Monks as a class. You can roll a Panderan without the expansion.
Old 2014-08-15, 23:13   Link #8343
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
*cough* OMFG HORDE BIAS, WTF BLIAZZARD SRSSLY WHERES THE ALLIANCE LOVE! WE NEED GNOMES IN AN INTRO GOD I HATE YOU!.

But srsly though, that's a fairly awesome intro. Dat music at the end to, was very awesome.

side note: If the actual movie can be anything close to the tone blizzard gets with their trailers for x-pacs it shall be quite an awesome movie.
lol I had no problems with the trailer, it wasn't the horde or the alliance, its almost always the villian.

But when they always give Alliance the south part of the PVP map. Call out "WHO HERE IS THE HORDE!?" andthen go "and alance?"

I kiiiiiiinda start to smell some burnt favoritism. XD
Old 2014-08-16, 01:50   Link #8344
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not entirely sure. Purchase of this expansion gets you one free character boosted to level 90. You could then effectively skip the last expansion's content. What I don't know is if you can effectively level from level 85 to 90 without Mists of Pandaria. Though it is only five levels. You wouldn't have access to Pandaria or Monks as a class. You can roll a Panderan without the expansion.
It seems I have to purchase Mists of Pandaria as well, but at a discounted price of USD$10.

The expansion set comes with 1 month subscription paid right? So to get the most out of this I should buy them one month separate from the other !
Old 2014-08-16, 02:46   Link #8345
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I don't think the expansion set comes with 1 month subscriptions. Also I suppose Blizzard just loves the Horde because the Orcs have been their primary lore for a good majority.
Old 2014-08-16, 02:49   Link #8346
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I don't think the expansion set comes with 1 month subscriptions. Also I suppose Blizzard just loves the Horde because the Orcs have been their primary lore for a good majority.
Eh? But I could've sworn my Cata gave me one month free Then again it was 3 years ago... (EDIT: Nvm, yeah you're right, no free month)

It's fine if people love Horde more, than makes the rest of us the underdogs/black sheep/dark horse! Right ?
Old 2014-08-16, 06:13   Link #8347
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
lol I had no problems with the trailer, it wasn't the horde or the alliance, its almost always the villian.

But when they always give Alliance the south part of the PVP map. Call out "WHO HERE IS THE HORDE!?" andthen go "and alance?"

I kiiiiiiinda start to smell some burnt favoritism. XD
I was being sarcastic, because those are the sort of comments that will pop up. But I did enjoy the trailer a lot.
Old 2014-08-16, 09:40   Link #8348
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I was being sarcastic, because those are the sort of comments that will pop up. But I did enjoy the trailer a lot.
lol yea I saw a lot of those in comments.

Did they miss MoP's cinematic? =\ lol
Old 2014-08-17, 00:41   Link #8349
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-08-17 at 01:23.
Old 2014-08-17, 04:52   Link #8350
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I like the musical queue near the end of the cinematic as the Dark Portal comes into view and the expantion title starts to appear. It almost sounds heroic.

EDIT:

Found something interesting for the PVP players and the nostalgics.

Tarren Mill vs. Southshore

A 100 vs 100 deathmatch battleground using the old Hillsbrad map.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2014-08-17 at 05:34.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 07:56   Link #8351
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Wait.... Wait... Wait a minute... They are restoring the nostalgic, scarring memories of Tarrens Mill PVP? In a battleground format with 100vs100 players? I'm interested now.
Old 2014-08-17, 10:41   Link #8352
Mr Hat and Clogs

I believe it may only be temporary for the 10 year anniversary. They are also upping Molten Core to level 90, 40 man LFR (dunno if you can do it in other modes).
Old 2014-08-17, 19:41   Link #8353
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Which is better if I want to join raiding- an EU server or a US server? I'll be spending 3/4 of the year in UK and the rest in SEA, but I'm not sure if the timezone makes that big of a difference
Old 2014-08-17, 23:31   Link #8354
Mr Hat and Clogs

Probably an EU server would be best if you're going to Europe all the time from SEA. You'd get the best pings there, but you should be okay even if you used the US servers. I'm in Australian guild on the US servers and we raid about 3am PST server time. We've had people in our guild from the US, Hawaii, Japan, Malaysia... New Zealand. So they raided at weird times for them. You'd probably have to find a guild from Europe that raided early, or an SEA guild that raided late to minimize the time difference.

Also depends on the language barrier I guess, I don't know how European servers are broken down with language barriers and stuff so I can't help you there.
Old 2014-08-17, 23:50   Link #8355
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Probably an EU server would be best if you're going to Europe all the time from SEA. You'd get the best pings there, but you should be okay even if you used the US servers. I'm in Australian guild on the US servers and we raid about 3am PST server time. We've had people in our guild from the US, Hawaii, Japan, Malaysia... New Zealand. So they raided at weird times for them. You'd probably have to find a guild from Europe that raided early, or an SEA guild that raided late to minimize the time difference.

Also depends on the language barrier I guess, I don't know how European servers are broken down with language barriers and stuff so I can't help you there.
I'm not worry about language, I've found a niffy little site that separates them according to region as well as language so I know which ones are in English.

Oh that's right, I forgot about the pings... I'm used to instancing with 500-700 pings in Shadowmoon, but it sucks when attempting to PvP.
Old 2014-08-18, 05:52   Link #8356
Mr Hat and Clogs

Eew, I remember those pings on Dial Up back when I played EQ. Actually... I had about 350 on Dial up playing EQ. But yeah, the lower the ping the better for raiding, makes dodging the 1.5 second cast AOEs Blizzard likes to do these days.
Old 2014-08-18, 06:25   Link #8357
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Eew, I remember those pings on Dial Up back when I played EQ. Actually... I had about 350 on Dial up playing EQ. But yeah, the lower the ping the better for raiding, makes dodging the 1.5 second cast AOEs Blizzard likes to do these days.
Such is the reality for us who lived on the wrong side of the realm Even Oceanic servers are on western US from what I've read.

...Man, I wonder what is the FEEL of 50ms is like ~_~

*far away look in his eyes*
Old 2014-08-18, 06:33   Link #8358
Mr Hat and Clogs

I played SWTOR when it had a server in Australia, for a few months there I felt like a God. 36ms pings, it was enough to bring a tear to the eye the first time I saw it.
Old 2014-08-21, 06:28   Link #8359
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still trying to wrap my head around some of the class changes for warlocks. A bunch of CC changes, and the removal of a lot of utility to make the class not stand out as much compared to other classes. Not sure if there is a mass reduction in the class abilities as survival though. That was one of my things in raids. Survival. Be that last man standing aside from the tanks and healers. And sometimes even after that. Unless things went horridly wrong, I would usually be the last one standing with our Paladin tank who could self heal a bit. We were usually screwed by then since if I'm also trying to live, that means I'm probably not throwing out Chaos Bolts but instead tapping embers for health. We did have a fight were the tank was able to finish the boss just as it enraged, alone. I don't remember which boss, but it was during MoP.

But I prefer being able to take care of myself in raids so that the healers don't have to hit me often. I'm usually the least healed dps due to talents and other self healing skills. Also absorption sheilds are useful since the more damage I do, the less damage I take. If I don't take damage, there is not reason for the healers to heal me, or even panic to overheal me before any health regen talent kicks in.

I don't know how much of that will remain in WoD.
Old 2014-08-21, 07:17   Link #8360
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Three years of absence and my mind is blown by how Instancing in the vanilla content is the fast track to level. Once you hit Level 15+, there's almost no reason to go out into the world to explore as the instance list automatically gets updated with whatever's suitable And if that's not enough, we have characters with high level gear just slaughtering everything to speed up process... How's a Brewmaster Monk suppose to train his tanking skills ?!

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows