AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-17, 02:47   Link #981
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Well if you mean tanking I could suggest a pretty good build, but if you mean holy I have no idea, sorry
Old 2008-10-17, 03:18   Link #982
Maes
その目だれの目?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So what is a good non-Ret Paladin build now at 70? For someone who took the Holy tree with Protection instead?

We are talking for questing and 5 man instance runs at present and up towards 80.
Here are what my two of my guild's holy paladins are doing right now at 70:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAzxRzhVuMxRtaZV
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAzxhzhVuMxRtaZV
the third is Ret for PvP right now since we're done raiding for the week... after having cleared Sunwell before this patch, everything in there is a complete joke now. Kil'jaeden should not be the easiest boss in Sunwell, and this week there are four or five guilds on Hellscream that should be killing M'uru and Kil'Jaeden both after only getting there this week.

At 80 I think it would look something like this:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAzxhzhVuMxRtaZVcbx

There's room for variation with things like Imp Conc Aura, Imp Wisdom, and Imp LoH, but most for the most part most of the points in Holy are pretty straight forward.

Last edited by Maes; 2008-10-17 at 03:29.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 05:28   Link #983
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
You mean mounts right? Cause if it was pets, that's a bug (and a hell of a lot cheaper!)
Woops, you're right. I meant mounts.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:50   Link #984
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes View Post
Here are what my two of my guild's holy paladins are doing right now at 70:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAzxRzhVuMxRtaZV
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAzxhzhVuMxRtaZV
the third is Ret for PvP right now since we're done raiding for the week... after having cleared Sunwell before this patch, everything in there is a complete joke now. Kil'jaeden should not be the easiest boss in Sunwell, and this week there are four or five guilds on Hellscream that should be killing M'uru and Kil'Jaeden both after only getting there this week.

At 80 I think it would look something like this:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAzxhzhVuMxRtaZVcbx

There's room for variation with things like Imp Conc Aura, Imp Wisdom, and Imp LoH, but most for the most part most of the points in Holy are pretty straight forward.
Sounds like they elarnt their lesson from the 1st version. When so few got through to the final part of raiding content in Azeroth, only to see the gear smashed eight ways from Sunday....Not to mention the two month lull that happened in between people losing interest in Naxx and Burning Crusade coming live. This time it's a one month, but they have provided plenty to keep people occupied. Achievements, clearing the 'once harder' content, Insctiption, etc. There's stuff to do now, but I'm not recharging until a couple of days before Lich King comes live. Mainly becuase of the Death Knight reroll. But also because I just don't care about the new stuff. I haven't touched the game in 3 months, I can last a 4th. I just haven't felt the need or consuming itch to play it. Which is refreshing.
Old 2008-10-17, 14:50   Link #985
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier

Thank you. My friend will experiment with one of those.
Old 2008-10-19, 01:16   Link #986
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Spoiler for A little more on my take on the Titans/Old Gods:

Spoiler for Bolvar, Varian and Wrathgate and stuff:
Spoiler for Varian Wrynn reminds me of this guy:

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 2008-10-19 at 01:45.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 05:31   Link #987
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So what is a good non-Ret Paladin build now at 70? For someone who took the Holy tree with Protection instead?

We are talking for questing and 5 man instance runs at present and up towards 80.
Personally I go with prot build until 80 before deciding whether u want to heal or tank at the endgame.

Prot tanks are the best grinding spec and generally other than druid, most tanking class would be in dps spec for lvling.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sV0bZ0ebIcugtcIRGo

would be the spec i would use until you capped out of 5 mans and move onto raids.
Old 2008-10-19, 09:33   Link #988
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
So are those achievements actually worth it?
Achievements are just like the xbox version. They're just for bragging. Though some DO give titles (though most sound nearly impossible. One of the WSG ones requires you to capture all 3 flags WITHOUT dying ONCE...)
Old 2008-10-19, 10:53   Link #989
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Achievements are just like the xbox version. They're just for bragging. Though some DO give titles (though most sound nearly impossible. One of the WSG ones requires you to capture all 3 flags WITHOUT dying ONCE...)
That's really not as hard as it sounds, I've seen people do it in pugs even. Full pvp-geared druids or tanks with several pocket healers are really really hard to bring down, especially when half your team is just farming hks in the middle. Things may be different now after the patch though, I wouldn't know since I really haven't PvP'd at all since then.

The one that requires you to win AB with a score of 2000 - 1990 though, THAT is ridiculous.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 15:42   Link #990
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Yeah I've been having fun with the achievements on my druid. Got all the halloween ones now except for the tooth pick one and a ghost costume.
Old 2008-10-20, 01:01   Link #991
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
That's really not as hard as it sounds, I've seen people do it in pugs even. Full pvp-geared druids or tanks with several pocket healers are really really hard to bring down, especially when half your team is just farming hks in the middle. Things may be different now after the patch though, I wouldn't know since I really haven't PvP'd at all since then.

The one that requires you to win AB with a score of 2000 - 1990 though, THAT is ridiculous.
That one is more of just pure sheer luck... >.>

Ironman just sounds hard to me when I usually get nuked to death in like 10 seconds and die constantly in WSG
Old 2008-10-20, 14:07   Link #992
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

I did Ironman as a mage. :P All it takes is not-so-balanced teams, good gear and blazing speed procs.

Or I should have gotten it but my last capture was after picking up the flag from a dead FC so I didn't carry it all the way and it didn't count.

I might be going for Loremaster though. Done with Outland, now just need about 400 more quests on Azeroth and all the Northrend ones. :P

And why would you go for anything else than Ret with your paladin, it's insane now. For simple instances I think a retadin could easily turn into a healer or tank. When you're level 80 and retadins are nerfed, you can go holy or prot for heroics and raiding.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 20:10   Link #993
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Or even stay ret at 80 and carve up...

New enhancement shaman is great fun, its like.. chaotic at times with MW procs trying to do a reasonable rotation.
Old 2008-10-20, 20:21   Link #994
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier

Unknown. He went Holy originally and knows that style of play. I've never played a paladin, so I won't know.
Old 2008-10-20, 21:31   Link #995
Maha
Century Killer

Send a message via AIM to Maha
Just wondering if anyone plays on Azgalor. Horde. Im a 70 Lock/Mage *Main Mage*. If you dont and you want to roll on azgalor i can help you out. Im not amazing at game but i can still help with power leveling and gold.
Old 2008-10-21, 01:20   Link #996
Komori
D:

BEAT THE GAME.

We wiped for like 10 hours combined since yesterday, including dealing with a bunch of retarded mistakes, and finally downed him. Fucking awesome.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 05:13   Link #997
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Grats, nice work, get the legendary?

We got to M'uru last night and just zerged him a couple times without even really consulting a strat, got to 25% on entropius, tried again after some cursory glancing at a strat and got to 8%, then called it a night. Won't get another chance this week, so will probably see K'J dead next week, winnar.
Old 2008-10-21, 06:08   Link #998
Maes
その目だれの目?

Reading that about your M'uru attempts saddens me. Not that wiping to him for 2 months is fun, but I'm definitely glad I can say that we cleared Sunwell before this patch.

Last edited by Maes; 2008-10-21 at 10:25.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 08:11   Link #999
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Blizz admitted they did a horrible thing at M'uru, and added they won't do the same thing at Wotlk.
Quote from some blue post.
Old 2008-10-21, 10:02   Link #1000
Komori
D:

Quote:
Grats, nice work, get the legendary?

We got to M'uru last night and just zerged him a couple times without even really consulting a strat, got to 25% on entropius, tried again after some cursory glancing at a strat and got to 8%, then called it a night. Won't get another chance this week, so will probably see K'J dead next week, winnar.
No legendary.

We tried zerging him our first night as well since we only had an hour, then came back the next day after reading the strat and downed him.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows